Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

St Evan Echoes posted:

What do you think the overlap is in the sets of footballers, people who gamble, and people smart enough to cover their rear end?

depends on the spread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Crazy Ted posted:

Yes but rugby players get up to poo poo that makes sex tapes look tame by comparison.

Why do you think that is?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shroud posted:

Two Eibar players apologize for the leak of their sex tape

Are footballers unable to have sex without a wingman and a camera present?

They are. I've been seeing it for years.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

funkybottoms posted:

depends on the spread

Heh

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Some stupid gently caress running his mouth.

"Mate, not gonna believe this but guess who's got something riding on the match?

Joey. loving. Barton.

It's true, took it meself. Got a selfie too."

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Seems Luna learnt something from his time in the Premier League

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Enter Enner Valencia...

quote:

Everton striker and Ecuador star Enner Valencia returned to his homeland for a World Cup qualifier against Chile, where he managed to escape a series of encounters with Ecuador’s finest and avoid arrest for unpaid child support.

After a training session this morning, a lawyer representing the mother of his child and some police officers attempted to arrest him and force him to pay the $17,000 he apparently owes in unpaid child support, per the Liverpool Echo. He was not arrested after some of the police officers apparently refused to detain him.

The police then stopped the team bus as it attempted to enter the stadium this afternoon. Agains, Valencia was not detained.

Valencia then started for Ecuador and helped his squad accrue a 3-0 lead over the defending Copa America champions by the time he came off in the 82nd minute. Valencia went down injured, and had to get a golf cart to take him to an ambulance. Thing is, he appears to have faked his injury and used the occasion to get into an ambulance in the tunnel, therefore escaping the police. Video from the game is quite surreal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There's video in the International thread.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea could have used his tactical nous. Shame that deal didn't go through.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That's like 10k. Why would he give a poo poo lol

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bape Culture posted:

That's like 10k. Why would he give a poo poo lol

You are assuming that he has A) invested his earnings wisely and B) gives a poo poo about his children.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He's a men's rights activist

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

he may just hate the woman and doesn't want to pay her a dime. not saying thats ok but it's one explanation for escaping from a stadium in an ambulance

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
cool and good Finnish international and CSKA midfielder Roman Eremenko suspended for 30 days from all UEFA matches for possible snus use

lame and gay imho

http://www.espnfc.com/finland/story/2967500/uefa-suspends-finland-midfielder-roman-eremenko-for-30-days

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vivisectvnv posted:

cool and good Finnish international and CSKA midfielder Roman Eremenko suspended for 30 days from all UEFA matches for possible snus use

lame and gay imho

http://www.espnfc.com/finland/story/2967500/uefa-suspends-finland-midfielder-roman-eremenko-for-30-days

it really is, op

(i assume you know that Mobils in STL have snus for $2.49/tin--QT just bumped the cost up to $4/tin)

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Snus isn't banned and a lot of footballers use it. It couldn't possible be that.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

(i assume you know that Mobils in STL have snus for $2.49/tin--QT just bumped the cost up to $4/tin)

what no! the General snus? I swear i am the only one buying it.

jyrka posted:

Snus isn't banned and a lot of footballers use it. It couldn't possible be that.

it does seem like pure speculation, but i kind of want to be true

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vivisectvnv posted:

what no! the General snus? I swear i am the only one buying it.

it does seem like pure speculation, but i kind of want to be true

yep, General. i'm the other guy that buys it.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
http://www.90min.in/posts/3914526-w...ent?a_aid=35605

Send him to jail so he never has to play again

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
FOOTBALL star Rolando Aarons was arrested yesterday after a 3am nightclub brawl ­— over his auntie.

The Newcastle winger allegedly went berserk when a group of lads started “bumping and grinding” with his relative on the dance floor.

England Under-21 international Aarons left the VIP area and confronted the group.

It sparked a mini riot in which tables were allegedly thrown, along with Ł250 bottles of Dom Perignon champagne.

Terrified clubbers were caught in the crossfire as bouncers and police fought to restore order at Livello in Newcastle’s trendy Quayside.

A source said: “It took five bouncers to control his auntie, who also got involved. It was bedlam.”

The star, 20, took the aunt and two pals to the celebrity hangout on Saturday night.

The source explained: “He was having a great time. But he noticed eight to ten blokes trying to bump and grind with his auntie on the dance floor.

“He went over and told them to stop. His view was that they’d had their fun and it was going too far.

“He made his views pretty clear and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“They were throwing tables and bottles of champagne.

“There was blood everywhere by the end.

“There were girls falling about all over the place and people being trapped.”

Aarons was among four ­people locked up for alleged violent conduct.

He was not hurt and has been released on police bail.

Damage at the nightclub is believed to have run into thousands of pounds.

Injury-prone Aarons got his first call-up to the England Under-21 side in March.

He signed a Ł15,000-a-week five-year deal with Newcastle in August.

Last night a spokeswoman for the Championship club refused to comment on the fracas.

But a source said: “It was a significant fight. Rolando was extremely upset by the way his auntie was being treated and was trying to defend her.

“The club are aware of what happened and have been speaking to the player about it since he was released by police.

“No action will be taken until the police have concluded their inquiries.”

Northumbria Police said: “Nine people have been arrested and bailed pending further inquiries.

“One man attended hospital with facial injuries.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1943...ed-with-auntie/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Rolando

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

not one pic of the aunt smh, leveson has a lot to answer for

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

too much respect

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Boruc has been identified as one of the players who are suspected of behaviour unbecoming a national team member and is likely to be banned from selection in the future. Other names are forthcoming. Apparently there was a night of excessive drinking and partying before the Armenia game and Lewandowski got upset about it.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

QPR's internal investigation is over and Jimmy is off scot free. Sounds like the Tele didn't even try and substantiate their claims: http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-internal-investigation-the-telegraph-3361247.aspx

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Boruc has been identified as one of the players who are suspected of behaviour unbecoming a national team member and is likely to be banned from selection in the future. Other names are forthcoming. Apparently there was a night of excessive drinking and partying before the Armenia game and Lewandowski got upset about it.

I think that's very professional of Robert (if true).

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

dex_sda posted:

I think that's very professional of Robert (if true).

I heard he kissed the alderman

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Ched Evans has been found not guilty

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Lionel Richie posted:

No way. Unanimously Too

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Lionel Richie posted:

Yikes!

What happens when some club decides to sign him now?
It was complicated enough he had the conviction and served his time, now I guess all bets are off?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Without reading any facts about the case I'm sure he did the rape it's just very hard to convict for it

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
An acquittal should mean something in a society of laws.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ultrabindu posted:

Yikes!

What happens when some club decides to sign him now?
It was complicated enough he had the conviction and served his time, now I guess all bets are off?

He's already playing League One for Chesterfield.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Reprisal posted:

An acquittal should mean something in a society of laws.

Indeed it should, but at the same time we live in a society where the conviction rate for rape is shockingly low to the point where women may choose not to report it.

He's been found not guilty, lets see where this circus takes us now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Without reading any facts about the case I'm sure he did the rape it's just very hard to convict for it

I actually went back and read the opinion from the first trial. The dude had about the most questionable sex possible that probably amounted to rape, but I was surprised to see a jury say it was rape beyond a reasonable doubt.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
if his defending barrister did actually fall back on "drunken consent is still consent" I'm pretty sure none of ched's problems will go away anytime soon

I mean I'd not go anywhere near a girl I've never met before who's falling over plastered because that's creepy af

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Like if some fat bloke from Chester won't smash his head in on sight at the pub. His life will never be the same

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
The court of public opinion is once again successful at glorifying hearsay and robbing a hard-working young man of precious years of his life and of a thriving footballing career. Shameful how this whole process was conducted. The UK should take a long hard look at itself after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mean Bean Machine posted:

The court of public opinion is once again successful at glorifying hearsay and robbing a hard-working young man of precious years of his life and of a thriving footballing career. Shameful how this whole process was conducted. The UK should take a long hard look at itself after this.
Agreed. Rooney deserves better