Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man this final dungeon is sapping all my good will for the game. I've been getting through it for like, a week because it's a slog that goes on forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I've only finished the first Brane so far and I'm already getting bored of it. The first set of bosses being a pathetic joke didn't help.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I thought it was kind of lame that It wasn't able to be said when you're denying his divinity to show that he no longer has any power over humanity and his name is no longer sacred. But no one bothers saying it during his fight RIP.

Well HE says it in that fight. And it scratches it out even then. Poor dude can't even pronounce his own name.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Man, the final dungeon stuff feels really tacked on. Maybe it's because the party's motivation seems to be "Might as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" and that's maybe not the best lead up to a final dungeon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The final boss fight is fun, it's just a shame the dungeon leading up to it is a horrifying waste of everyone's time.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

where is minami sunamachi?

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
6 o'clock out to the Bay Area part of Tokyo, then northeasterly along the lengths of bridge across Daiba till around the 4 o'clock mark. Bring a full stack of Dis-Poison and maybe a Posumudi mule or two.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

where is minami sunamachi?

Tokyo Bay area, you have to take the big red/brown highway looking thing and follow it all the way to to the eastern end of Tokyo

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Oooookay. What the heck am I supposed to do about Izanami? She just keeps Diarahan-ing. Is it supposed to just be a race?

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Supremezero posted:

Oooookay. What the heck am I supposed to do about Izanami? She just keeps Diarahan-ing. Is it supposed to just be a race?

Ask your new friend to attack her.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Supremezero posted:

You need to do enough damage to take her out in one round basically, or two if you time it with your assist gauge. Buff like crazy, in other words.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Supremezero posted:

You need to have Hiroshi smack her and keep her stunned/unhappy.

She'll still Diarahan once no matter what though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

can someone link a map of the last dungeon? I couldn't find one googling

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

can someone link a map of the last dungeon? I couldn't find one googling

There's one here.

I'll stick this in the OP, this'll be a common question.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what the gently caress

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i dont know if i care enough, looking at that, tbh

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Truly YHVH has found the greatest possible defence against those who would seek to overthrow him: boredom.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Genpei Turtle posted:

There's one here.

Is it true the original Japanese version didn't have the checkpoints?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad using the map is as painful as going through the dungeon mapless.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Is it true the original Japanese version didn't have the checkpoints?

They had a few, but not nearly as many. The extras got added in an early patch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Genpei Turtle posted:

They had a few, but not nearly as many. The extras got added in an early patch.

Jesus, they must have had some helluva masochistic playtesters.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Genpei Turtle posted:

There's one here.

Oh god, I don't know if my experience with the SNES SMT games hardened me up enough to get through that dungeon. Look at all of those arrows bouncing back and forth... :negative:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The dungeon isn't too bad without a map if you just keep going where you haven't before. Backtracking just takes about as much time as a star's lifespan.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Strange Quark posted:

The dungeon isn't too bad without a map if you just keep going where you haven't before. Backtracking just takes about as much time as a star's lifespan.

I'm...I'm the obsessive type of gamer who walked all around the giant room the Ark was in before I opened it just so I could finish my minimap. That final dungeon is going to take so much time to finish.......

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm...I'm the obsessive type of gamer who walked all around the giant room the Ark was in before I opened it just so I could finish my minimap. That final dungeon is going to take so much time to finish.......

:rip:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh god, I don't know if my experience with the SNES SMT games hardened me up enough to get through that dungeon. Look at all of those arrows bouncing back and forth... :negative:
It's really not too bad, just work backwards from the boss room. The second Brane is the most disorientating because not only do you need to keep track of the rooms, but also find a Jade Dagger wall thing. That's the closest the stupid place gets to any actual puzzle, though, so I guess I won't complain

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm not halfway done with the game yet, but I did this exact same thing at the Ark and now I'm getting goosebumps. :ohdear:

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I really didn't hate the final dungeon that much.

I think it helps to tackle it in short bursts. I may be repeating myself with that tho.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So do multi-attacks still beat single strikes?

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

Supremezero posted:

So do multi-attacks still beat single strikes?

The only time I find this to be the case is with Ragnarok and Hell Thrust.

e: Looks like Glacial Blast and Floral Gust are also medium like Ragnarok, but I've had better luck with Ragnarok in terms of damage output. Also gently caress all those if you have enough MP to spam a concentrated, smirked Antichthon. poo poo is crazy powerful against the final final final boss.

Toadsniff fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 6, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what's the deal with flynn in the last dungeon. they made it sound like he'd be doing things to help but he's done nothing so far

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

what's the deal with flynn in the last dungeon. they made it sound like he'd be doing things to help but he's done nothing so far

He sometimes goes off and fight a dude chasing you. Sometimes he'll give you some money if you talk to him. If you use Fundraise with him around, he'll join in too and you get like 1.5x the money you usually do.

There's that combo attack you can use when the protagonist is smirking which is quite strong.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Having just gotten a fusion accident for an Ogun while making an Ose, is fusion history still in like in 4?

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
Sadly no, which is a shame because I really want to know where my starting Centaur eventually went off to.

Hell, we could've had a thing where Hagen's Loyalty Slash did severe piercing Phys or something if it turned out one of your first few demons was part of his pedigree, as kind of an in-lieu-of-booze throwback to how the Loyalty skills worked in Soul Hackers.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Will I be getting any armor substantially better than the Master set? Nothing in Ginza looked like much of an improvement, so I'm wondering if I'll regret chucking all my armor kits at it

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

CommunityEdition posted:

Will I be getting any armor substantially better than the Master set? Nothing in Ginza looked like much of an improvement, so I'm wondering if I'll regret chucking all my armor kits at it

Nope, the Samurai thing from Ginza is the top tier, stat wise. There are two sets of armor in the final dungeon that have the same stats as the Master set (although the body pieces have different resists) that you may think look neato.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

are status ailments at all viable against the final bosses in the last dungeon? want to know if I should keep the Raga skills on Krishna

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

are status ailments at all viable against the final bosses in the last dungeon? want to know if I should keep the Raga skills on Krishna

The status effects don't really stick but the debuff is still there.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

The status effects don't really stick but the debuff is still there.

yeah but he also has the option to inherit War Cry so...

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The Ragas knock off 2 levels per debuff as opposed to everything else's 1.

• Locked thread