Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Space Marine tears really are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This game is pretty good

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Xae posted:

Space Marine tears really are the best.

Some things never change.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Some things never change.

The worst part about playing Space Marines is that if you're losing they are salty as gently caress about how marines should be going 1v100 and winning with out a scratch.

If you're winning it is all tactical erotic roleplaying and Battlebrother handjobs.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't think the game is too bad but I also only spent $30 on it, if I paid the post-release price I'd be pissed.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
The game is where a month long beta (minimum) should have started. That Bandai Namco thought it was a good idea to release it now and raise the price as well as remove value (used to be $40 with $25 of cash shop currency, now its $50 with no currency I believe) is insane. You're saying to customers "This is release, this is what we expect the game to be" when you take it out of Early Access.

I thought it'd be possible for them to polish what they had if they did a content lock a month prior to release, but they were adding features up until release because the game is also sparse on content. At the very least, they needed to have the game running a lot better in terms of performance.

The devs are patching at a good rate at least (they've been really good at patching rates) but the horrible launch will be a lesson in "poo poo not to do" for Bandai Namco. The game has fun aspects, but its all mixed up with major bugs and weird design issues that can be at least partially attributed to rushed release.

I don't expect any sort of "gently caress it, game is cancelled" style mass firings because they will want this out on consoles no matter what. By the time it's mostly bug/issue free, the idea of "hey its warhammer + battlefield + gears of war with some planetside 2 tossed in" will probably at least make their money back.

Until then, it's best to pretend the game is back/still in early access.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I paid $50 and got 20,000 credits or whatever.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

:captainpop:

At least space marines get good anti vehicle weapons, unlike orks.

But yeah this game makes me rage hard when I try playing. It's a shame because it has some awesome moments, they're just pretty rare.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

BurtLington posted:

But yeah this game makes me rage hard when I try playing. It's a shame because it has some awesome moments, they're just pretty rare.

Just like the original Space Marine game then, keep hunting these moments.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I like this game. My rage levels subsided drastically since I started leaving the queue if I get matched with Eldar (I play orks).

The only things that really piss me off now are plasma 1 shots and melta dudes being able to gently caress ork vehicles in seconds, whilst ork anti vehicle is poo poo.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Bad Parenting posted:

The only things that really piss me off now are plasma 1 shots and melta dudes being able to gently caress ork vehicles in seconds, whilst ork anti vehicle is poo poo.

The biggest Ork weakness. I decided to actually TRY once and sat in a spawn truck the entire game, keeping it mobile and driving away from the Space Marines who were actually chasing me, on foot, across the entire map trying to meltagun me. I made about 800 XP/Req that game for my efforts.

Next game they would just crash their own transport into me, jump out, and meltagun while I was trying to back up. Then I stopped bothering.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Do you genuinely think that's a good idea? No trolling?

Only in the sense of "gently caress plasma cannons and anyone who abuses them". I'd prefer the heat-forces-reload mechanic honestly (reaper launchers could just have a magazine that needs to be reloaded).

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

There was a patch. Performance seems significantly better. PC still one-shots. Bad game still bad.

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

BurtLington posted:

:captainpop:

At least space marines get good anti vehicle weapons, unlike orks.

Yeah, I can only handle a few rounds at a time before I get too pissed off. Tonight, one round was a hair thin win and two round of orks not even being able to start capturing the first point due to the sheer volume of plasma cannons and power sword/thunder shields.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

It's pretty frustrating trying to heal people as a painboy sometimes, too. Didn't we loving learn that that style of healing was garbage sometime before TF2 came out? Never thought I'd see in the Year of Our Lord 2016 healing where you and your target have to be totally stationary for a couple seconds to heal. Making spess mahren/ork healing distinct by making it severely user-unfriendly is some egregiously stupid poo poo.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Lassitude posted:

It's pretty frustrating trying to heal people as a painboy sometimes, too. Didn't we loving learn that that style of healing was garbage sometime before TF2 came out? Never thought I'd see in the Year of Our Lord 2016 healing where you and your target have to be totally stationary for a couple seconds to heal. Making spess mahren/ork healing distinct by making it severely user-unfriendly is some egregiously stupid poo poo.

Yeah, but in return you get to stack damage reduction and repeatedly apply it to yourself to become nearly invincible.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

How about they make healing not poo poo and then if ork healing is too powerful, adjust it more to compensate.

I mean, how about they start from a position of "make game fun" and balance around that?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Chaos and Eldar get TF2 style healing and Chaos even gets an channeled AoE heal which means it's a bad design decision.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

lite_sleepr posted:

I paid $50 and got 20,000 credits or whatever.

Huh, they had it removed from the store page once it launched, but it's back there again. Still, the $10 increase and exit from Early Access didn't do it any favors.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I dunno why everyone thinks this game is so bad. Yesterday's patch made things a lot smoother at least for me. Whereas before during heavy firefights I would shoot and wait a few seconds to see my projectile fly into where the enemy used to be, now it usually fires within at least 0.5 seconds, which is tolerable. Melee is a little less jankier on positioning resyncs but really what are you going to do about that other than incremental improvements to predictive logic or something - at a certain point there will always be a bit of repositioning going on due to latency.

Is it a good game? gently caress no, it has missing icons for half the poo poo and the balance is still a ways off when it comes to antivehicle options and such. Also sometimes the game just fucks you over, theres dozens of one-shot capable weapons, and there's still little to no in-game directions to give you a bit of a hand in figuring out what to do. So no, it's not a good game. But it's fun to play and those moments when you jump a bunch of unsuspecting dudes and chop them to bits are still great.

Spudalicious fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 7, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Spudalicious posted:

now it usually fires within at least 0.5 seconds, which is tolerable.

lmao

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Spudalicious posted:

I dunno why everyone thinks this game is so bad. Yesterday's patch made things a lot smoother at least for me. Whereas before during heavy firefights I would shoot and wait a few seconds to see my projectile fly into where the enemy used to be, now it usually fires within at least 0.5 seconds, which is tolerable. Melee is a little less jankier on positioning resyncs but really what are you going to do about that other than incremental improvements to predictive logic or something - at a certain point there will always be a bit of repositioning going on due to latency.

Is it a good game? gently caress no, it has missing icons for half the poo poo and the balance is still a ways off when it comes to antivehicle options and such. Also sometimes the game just fucks you over, theres dozens of one-shot capable weapons, and there's still little to no in-game directions to give you a bit of a hand in figuring out what to do. So no, it's not a good game. But it's fun to play and those moments when you jump a bunch of unsuspecting dudes and chop them to bits are still great.

Lowered expectations....

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
What are the odds this game will go F2P within 6 months?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Inimicul posted:

What are the odds this game will go F2P within 6 months?

Probably sooner, I doubt the game will survive all the triple-A's coming out over the next few months otherwise.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The difference is it's a Warhammer title so it will have a niche. If this came out as "generic arena shooter 3000" it would be DOA but because it's Space Marines and Orks it'll have a following. Hopefully they keep up the rate of progress they have had because it's been getting better with each patch.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
By 'getting better' you mean it's like being stuck in a 300m hole, that is gradually filled with poo poo, so you can climb on the ever rising poo poo to eventually get out of the hole.

I thought BF 3's release was bad.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Oh, hey, patch notes were released.

https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/update-1-0-10-oct-6.59225/

No fixes for the most blatantly overpowered weapons, although they did fix the poo poo that was making Eldar unkillable and allowing them to bring their tanks into the objective areas.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I just went in and tried the game and it just loving sucks. Same poo poo. Lasted about 2/3rds of a round and just quit out of the sheer tedium.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

So sticky grenades for Orks are dope. You can use them at point blank range and kill a group of enemies easily.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Fun little thing - it seems the game straight up lies about latency. I'm european and any server I join will show a ping of about 50ms. If I check connections and latency with a resource monitor I get a little over 100ms, seems to hold at about 120ms ping. Apparently there are european servers, but if a game isn't available it'll just chuck you on a US based one and lie about it.

Ledenko fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 9, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Going on a week now waiting to get into the spooky marines space guild.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

lite_sleepr posted:

Going on a week now waiting to get into the spooky marines space guild.

You're absolutely joining the wrong one, then. I've been checking the requests for every faction's goonguild every day. Unless maybe you're on a different server and that has a different goonguild, in which case I have no idea who the officers are there.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why do I suddenly have 80 hours in this thing? :allbuttons:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Why do I suddenly have 80 hours in this thing? :allbuttons:

Because you're lost control of your life.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Its got great ambiance, but the the fun parts of gameplay still randomly break. Ambiance alone can't carry a game, unless it does, like SOMA. I have no idea what I'm talking about. Its a good poster boy for why you don't preorder things, though.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Game is bad but trolling space marines by telling them to redeploy to the forums and beseech the emperor of mankind for buffs is a good troll

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you're not playing as Orkz you're not really playing this game.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Are they broken and overpowered too?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

lite_sleepr posted:

Are they broken and overpowered too?

Orks are incredibly deficient in tons of areas (probably one of the overall weakest in most of the game mechanics that matter), but who loving cares, you're an Ork, you have 50% more HP than a Space Marine, and your Choppa Axe strong attack is as quick as your fast attack. Get wrecked scrubs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Orks Orks Orks Orks

• Locked thread