Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

No, once she's president, he's gonna suck her dick to avoid institutional scrutiny

I'd say there's a 10% chance of Donald's heart exploding in his chest on election night when the results are announced, though he'll be convinced he's going to turn California red.

I give a 30% chance he'll be dead of heart attack before Clinton is inaugurated. Like, the man doesn't seem like he can come back from a loss like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Equeen posted:

https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/784084410761109504

I think Fox News has officially pissed off every single demographic that isn't a straight, white, Christian male.

Shot: https://twitter.com/aaldef/status/783736371911520256

Chaser: https://twitter.com/apiavote/status/783659090396454912

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

For a ton of people being on the "winning side" is more important even than any personal benefits. In fact a lot of people are willing to gently caress them selves over just so they can feel they belong to some winning group or that their self-identified group is on the rise or on top.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Huh. Why is the Indian community so strongly Democratic? If anything I'd have expected them to be in the Chinese-esque basket of deplorables heavily middle class nonwhites, so Democratic but not strongly.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Huh. Why is the Indian community so strongly Democratic? If anything I'd have expected them to be in the Chinese-esque basket of deplorables heavily middle class nonwhites, so Democratic but not strongly.

Alot get heat for just like Arabs being "terrorists".

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Well if their skin isn't lily white and they aren't Christians, why should they vote Republican?

I'm way more surprised at the higher rate of support among the Filipino, Vietnamese, and Japanese groups, for that reason.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crowsbeak posted:

Alot get heat for just like Arabs being "terrorists".

This frankly wouldn't surprise me as a factor across the general demographic. :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

McGlockenshire posted:

Well if their skin isn't lily white and they aren't Christians, why should they vote Republican?

I'm way more surprised at the higher rate of support among the Filipino, Vietnamese, and Japanese groups, for that reason.

There's a Duterte-Trump joke somewhere here. :v:

The Vietnamese thing might in part be that there are a zillion in Texas / the Gulf coast and I haven't heard of them being particularly messed with. Assimilation success?

Also maybe some of the usual "ran away from a commie country" thing, cf Cuba.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Bushiz posted:

I'd say there's a 10% chance of Donald's heart exploding in his chest on election night when the results are announced, though he'll be convinced he's going to turn California red.

I give a 30% chance he'll be dead of heart attack before Clinton is inaugurated. Like, the man doesn't seem like he can come back from a loss like this.
On one hand I kind of want him elected just to see how terrible things can get (not enough to actually vote for him of course), but on the other I'm not suicidal. Even if he loses, which looks likely but you never know, I'm super curious to see how he'll react. I bet he'll disappear from the public eye, at least for awhile.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

rizuhbull posted:

I bet he'll disappear from the public eye, at least for awhile.

This is the absolute last thing he will do. He thrives on attention. If it were possible, he'd hold rallies every day for the rest of his life.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Also maybe some of the usual "ran away from a commie country" thing, cf Cuba.
That's a lot of it, too. Orange County in California took in a lot of refugees from Southeast Asia, and they've been a granite pillar supporting that county's famously conservative politics for 40 years (although that's starting to crumble as second and third generation kids are less personally invested in hating Ho Chi Minh and the US politicians who enabled him).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

FMguru posted:

That's a lot of it, too. Orange County in California took in a lot of refugees from Southeast Asia, and they've been a granite pillar supporting that county's famously conservative politics for 40 years (although that's starting to crumble as second and third generation kids are less personally invested in hating Ho Chi Minh and the US politicians who enabled him).

That makes sense, I know more about the Vietnamese-Texan community but poo poo-all about their political leanings. Two of my high school buddies were from the upper middle class end, and one of my best friends did a shitton of CDC work with south Texas Vietnamese communities that are, uh, generally a lower socioeconomic bracket than that.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

LOL

https://twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/784098130396524544

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

GreyjoyBastard posted:

That makes sense, I know more about the Vietnamese-Texan community but poo poo-all about their political leanings. Two of my high school buddies were from the upper middle class end, and one of my best friends did a shitton of CDC work with south Texas Vietnamese communities that are, uh, generally a lower socioeconomic bracket than that.
Here's a snapshot of Orange County's Vietnamese population from 1999.

quote:

Protest Over Ho Chi Minh Poster Continues
Rally: Vietnamese immigrants are upset over video store displaying former leader's picture and Communist flag. Owner says items will stay in place.
January 20, 1999|TINI TRAN | TIMES STAFF WRITER

WESTMINSTER — About 200 Vietnamese Americans continued protests Tuesday for a third day outside a video store in Little Saigon, where the owner had hung a photo of Ho Chi Minh and a Communist Vietnamese flag.

Anti-Communist sentiment continues to run high in the Vietnamese emigre community, underscoring how deeply members still feel about the war that ended in 1975.

"This is like putting up a picture of Hitler in the Jewish community," said protester Ngo Ky. "Ho Chi Minh was responsible for so many deaths. People have nightmares when they see his picture. Of course they are angry."

Truong Van Tran, 37, the owner of Hitek TV and VCR, did not show up at his store Tuesday, and security guards and police kept the area cordoned off. Tran had been hit Monday on the back of his head by a protester as he was leaving the store at 9550 Bolsa Ave. He has declined to file assault charges, Westminster police said.

On Tuesday, demonstrators hung a cardboard figure over the store that depicted Communist leader Ho Chi Minh with his neck in a noose. Later in the afternoon, they brought out a coffin, draped the South Vietnamese flag over it and filled it with photos of South Vietnamese soldiers who had died during the war.

The vast majority of Vietnamese Americans arrived in the United States as political refugees fleeing from the Communist regime that took over and reunited Vietnam in 1975. Southern California has the largest concentration of Vietnamese in the nation--an estimated 300,000 people. Little Saigon serves as the de facto capital for the immigrants.

The landlord of the shopping center, Danh Nhut Quach, said he is considering some way to evict Tran for disturbing the peace and disrupting business in the area. Police have blocked off parts of the shopping center.

The protest began Sunday when a video store visitor noticed the photo of the Communist leader and called others to protest. A store employee took it down, but Tran put it back on the wall along with a Communist Vietnamese flag when he reopened Monday. It remains in the locked store, visible through the windows.

Tran has said that he intends to keep the Communist items in place, and protesters vow to remain until he takes them down.

"He has a right to say what he wants, but we have the right to be here too," said Ky.
Not exactly Obama Coalition territory.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I'd say he looks really sad to be doing this, but then I remembered he just always looks like that.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

The Reekening of the Republican party continues.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'd say he looks really sad to be doing this, but then I remembered he just always looks like that.

Without the jowls there would be less storage space for biting insects in the artificial Cruz-suit.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Somewhere out there, there's got to be an edit of this where the audio fades out, the camera slowly zooms in, and the theme song to Curb Your Enthusiasm starts playing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I live in St Augustine FL and am bracing for Matthew but something besides the storm has stood out for me.

Governor Rick "small government" Scott has been falling all over himself for 3 days now begging for National Guard troops, asking Obama for help, pre-emptively asking for money and using government resources for all they're worth. So far, no word on whether he's asked Home Depot, Wal-Mart and other private industries to aid us but as far as resources paid for by taxpayers, he seems to be on it.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
About 1/5 - 1/4 Republican voting among Asians just about makes sense, but that is a surprising amount of "third party" support that I'm going to assume consists a good portion of Bernouts given how popular I remember Bernie being among Asians.'

Also even among older Vietnamese, they've started leaning more (conservative) Democrat in Orange County once the local party dudes figured out how to leverage them.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 6, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

:lol: So it took him 45 days to learn how to suck his gut in and use proper lighting huh?

that's actually how most of the before/after photoshoots work. They're often done on the same day, once with bad lighting and clothes that are too tight and a bad pose, once with all those things fixed

That or they're just stolen from fitness forums. Do this day I'll see scam products using the transformation pics of people I recognize from YLLS

Sandeep
Mar 27, 2002

I should be working on Summoner 3 instead of engaging in political discussions

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm from a Hindu family, but I know plenty of family friends that are Muslim. My parents still loathe Pakistan, but they also understand that hatred of Muslim Indians ultimately will affect them. It's not like after 9-11 we weren't the ones constantly being randomly searched on every flight. Racism against Arabs/Afghans/Persians pretty much turns into racism against us. Most racists can't tell the difference.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Five months it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden within those orange cheeks. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Donald Trump."

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/784130444614705152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

This adds new dimensions of bogel-seeking, and raises questions about the identity of the Glotch.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

mojo1701a posted:

Somewhere out there, there's got to be an edit of this where the audio fades out, the camera slowly zooms in, and the theme song to Curb Your Enthusiasm starts playing.

There is now.

https://twitter.com/lljktechnogeek/status/784154833041391616

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

it looks like a pug without a nose

holy poo poo dude

I'm dying

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I saw the rest of this, he changes into a frog.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Conspiramorphs?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

happyhippy posted:

I saw the rest of this, he changes into a frog.

find 'im in BED with a goblinfrog

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rick_Hunter posted:

Conspiramorphs?

In the end, the whole team is killed when David Icke refuses to morph into a Hork-Bajir to escape the UN black helicopters.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jazerus posted:

In the end, the whole team is killed when David Icke refuses to morph into a Hork-Bajir to escape the UN black helicopters.

:abuela:: "I'm Esplin-9466, and I approve this message. ...wait. gently caress!"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sandeep posted:

I'm from a Hindu family, but I know plenty of family friends that are Muslim. My parents still loathe Pakistan, but they also understand that hatred of Muslim Indians ultimately will affect them. It's not like after 9-11 we weren't the ones constantly being randomly searched on every flight. Racism against Arabs/Afghans/Persians pretty much turns into racism against us. Most racists can't tell the difference.

While we're talking about Indians, isn't a bit weird that the two notable Asian tokens the GOP have had within the last several years are:

1)The guy that keeps making the "God isn't Dead" movies(who btw is a convicted criminal)
2) Bobby "really really really wants to be white" Jindal.

IIRC both are adopted by well off WASPs?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Frankly, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a lot of conspiracy blather about FEMA starting to put people in camps, and that Matthew is either faked or a product of HAARP.

Thanks, Obama!

Sandeep
Mar 27, 2002

I should be working on Summoner 3 instead of engaging in political discussions

PhazonLink posted:

While we're talking about Indians, isn't a bit weird that the two notable Asian tokens the GOP have had within the last several years are:

1)The guy that keeps making the "God isn't Dead" movies(who btw is a convicted criminal)

I don't know about Dinesh D'souza but Bobby Jindal grew up in a Hindu family and converted in College (or perhaps slightly after?). The Indian community in LA supported him heavily during his rise to power, but pretty much abandoned him after he became Governor.

I've heard he's a smart guy, but despise a lot of his beliefs.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

MrUnderbridge posted:

Frankly, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a lot of conspiracy blather about FEMA starting to put people in camps, and that Matthew is either faked or a product of HAARP.

Thanks, Obama!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

It's more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. It brought a tear to my eye.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

Dinesh D'Souza is responsible for God Isn't Dead?

His vileness knows no limits!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

MrUnderbridge posted:

Thanks, Obama!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Well Matt, prove them wrong! Stand outside in the middle of a hurricane and measure the wind. You can prove the winds are a lie!

Protip: if you get a straw through your skull, that's just god's way of telling you how dumb you are for standing in a hurricane.