Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Meanwhile back in season-long land, in my league with old friends we have a rule where the biggest loser has to make a video of them drinking one beer for every 10 points they lost by. This is the first time it's happened to me, and I just set a record for biggest margin of loss ever at 92 points. Ugh. It's all fun at games at 3 or 4 but I never expected to be facing 9. I'm pretty sure I'm too old for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Meanwhile back in season-long land, in my league with old friends we have a rule where the biggest loser has to make a video of them drinking one beer for every 10 points they lost by. This is the first time it's happened to me, and I just set a record for biggest margin of loss ever at 92 points. Ugh. It's all fun at games at 3 or 4 but I never expected to be facing 9. I'm pretty sure I'm too old for this.

You get to pick the beer at least, right? Because otherwise that could end up being awful. Beer 30 anyone?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Oh thank god yes I can choose the beer.

I'm going to a cousin's wedding on Saturday. I'm not sure if it's a terrible idea or a fantastic idea to get it done there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If I drank 9 12-oz beers in one sitting I would die.

I mean I'm only like 140lbs but I start feeling tipsy after two beers and after three or four I'm blasted (and feeling sick).

I guess if I had, like, 16 hours in which to just drink a beer every 90 minutes or so? And ate continuously to pad it out, and stuck to a lower alcohol lite beer, and even then, ugh.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Oh thank god yes I can choose the beer.

I'm going to a cousin's wedding on Saturday. I'm not sure if it's a terrible idea or a fantastic idea to get it done there.

This can be an all day thing right? No time frame on how long you have to drink them all?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I'm pretty sure within one day is fine. That's the only way this isn't a total disaster.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
A couple of my friends played in a league like that with their old frat brothers, except instead of a beer per 10 points it was a funnel per 10 points, and they had to be finished within 24 hours after the end of the Monday Night game.

That year when Mike Vick put up like a 60 or 70 points in a game, my buddy ended up puking so hard that he burst blood vessels in both eyes. They got rid of the rule pretty soon after that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just get some cheap watery poo poo like Natty Light or something, you can pound 6 of those in one sitting and barely feel a buzz.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol just lol if you haven't chugged a 4loko in honor of wheez because you lost in fantasy football.

Also Benne is right just go with cheap poo poo. My friend and I could go through more than a 30 rack of Keystone oe Natty in a day if we wanted to in my drinking hey day (although I don't know if barely contained raging alcoholism is a hey day)

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Forever_Peace posted:

Perkins may have just cost the Giants the game there. That was a shameful block.

Actually we know he's weak there, I guess we can blame McAdoo instead.

Edit: Gruden with the same take.

Perkins threw some of the saddest block attempts I have ever seen. He just can't be in there. Anyone high on Perkins (me) is going to have to wait a while.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Go buy a couple six packs of Bud Light that show YOUR TEAM on them so people can know how much of a FAN you are.

Plus it's Bud Light so it's basically drinking water.

Full Disclosure: I'm 6'9" and 300 pounds so your experience may be slightly different from mine.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bye weeks have screwed me this week so I'm left hoping Stanton isn't too poo poo and throws John Brown's way a few times.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Uuuuuugh David Johnson is going to run for a billion yards tonight isn't he?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Quiet Feet posted:

god I hope so

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
David Johnson owns. But hey, Drew, maybe try not throwing so high you get him killed when you split him out, k?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Quiet Feet posted:

You're god damned right he is

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

Bye weeks have screwed me this week so I'm left hoping Stanton isn't too poo poo and throws John Brown's way a few times.

Welp this ain't happening. I'll take my goose egg and like it.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
DJ is gonna need a 50 yard TD run because they aren't scoring any other way

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Is that a challenge?

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Is that a challenge?

Motivation :getin:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Blaine Gabbert pick six?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Glad I have zero offensive shares in this game, yikes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
David Johnson: 9 carries, 58 yards
Everyone else, both teams: 16 plays, 41 yards

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I take it back. There's no chance for a Gabbert Pick 6 because he never throws the ball anywhere near anybody.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

Those last two plays :stare:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
What am I even watching

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God dammit. Just give it to DJ all three downs

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

MrSargent posted:

What am I even watching

Punts. Lots of punts.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Is it even possible to put Kaepernick in at this point? Can his hair even fit in a helmet?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/YahooNoise/status/784202664930226176

Brad Evans is huffing his own farts again.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I desperation started Kerley and I'm in the house lmfao doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also this is typical Evans hyperbole/dumb poo poo. Kerley is just filling the Chip slot receiver role who absorbs a bazillion targets. He's not special.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Also this is typical Evans hyperbole/dumb poo poo. Kerley is just filling the Chip slot receiver role who absorbs a bazillion targets. He's not special.

hot take conveniently posted after he scores a touchdown.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
In Orlando on vacation so the satellite feed went out but

FITZGERAAAAAALD!! :woop:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Who cares if Kerley is actually good, targets = points. Remember when we all thought Torrey Smith would do anything because who the hell else was going to get targets

MrSargent posted:

Glad I have zero offensive shares in this game, yikes

My DJ shares are doing just fine! Uhh and the one league I had to start Tyler Boyd or Kerley and chose Kerley, feeling good about that dart throw!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Who cares if Kerley is actually good, targets = points. Remember when we all thought Torrey Smith would do anything because who the hell else was going to get targets

"Everything community thought Ellington would be"

No.

Just, no.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
who is this we you speak of

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

My DJ shares are doing just fine! Uhh and the one league I had to start Tyler Boyd or Kerley and chose Kerley, feeling good about that dart throw!

I wonder what the start % is for Kerley this week. Well played

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

"Everything community thought Ellington would be"

No.

Just, no.

Wasn't 99.9% of Ellington's appeal that he was going to be Chip Kelly's slot guy?

MrSargent posted:

I wonder what the start % is for Kerley this week. Well played

I mean, it was literally Boyd or Kerley (or Funchess, I guess). Wasn't really much of a choice, hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Did something happen to DJ? Or is ESPN just not updating stats?

• Locked thread