Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Double post since it's friday and we get to see a coherent take on Jee-Han after he pasted those fools and got tons of XP for it.

Seems like the makers of the Labyrinth are meta-gaming the system to get around the Dan Bui's Guild ability. Also a potential melee skill for Jee-han!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I wanna see what happens if he puts a life form in the inventory. Test it out on a spider or something, Jee-Han.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EN05brEH7I&t=1525s

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

EponymousMrYar posted:

Double post since it's friday and we get to see a coherent take on Jee-Han after he pasted those fools and got tons of XP for it.

Seems like the makers of the Labyrinth are meta-gaming the system to get around the Dan Bui's Guild ability. Also a potential melee skill for Jee-han!

Who the gently caress gets the ability to create things out of mana and doesn't instantly think "Imma make an energy blade."?

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Same guy who fails to invest in Wisdom, even though it would probably give the best payout right next to Luck.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So where are you guys reading now because I kinda of completely track of where this is being released.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Here, as far as I can tell

From what I understand that's the go-to site for official manhwa stuff.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Oh but it's still behind the unofficial ones. Ok, good to know.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

First new issue that hasn't been horribly molested by that other group!

Nevermind, guess that'll be next week. Damnit.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Here we go, then. Magical dynamite fishing destroys important water-dungeon habitats, shame on you Jee-Han :colbert:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I like how he trained Class President to "play" exactly like him. How long till she gets her own gnome?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Still no Wis...

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The boss isn't going to be a kraken.

It's going to be an Octokraken :science:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

The boss isn't going to be a kraken.

It's going to be an Octokraken :science:

Its tentacles have tentacles.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Annointed posted:

Its tentacles have tentacles.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
So I see Kissmanga has updated chapters of The Gamer and im like, I haven't read that in a while and my god those fan translations are atrocious. I'm one that can kinda forgive bad translations but these are trash garbage and have no reason to exist when there is an official free translation.

But anyway, the past 4 or so chapters are pretty good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is no reason to use kissmanga to read this because the official translations have caught up

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Jee-han please stop slamming the Int button you dumb gently caress :(

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

SSNeoman posted:

Jee-han please stop slamming the Int button you dumb gently caress :(
He will become God eventually and it won't matter when he can cast whatever spell he wants. Resurrection, wish, armaggedon, owl wisdom

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nyaa posted:

He will become God eventually and it won't matter when he can cast whatever spell he wants. Resurrection, wish, armaggedon, owl wisdom

Or the strongest spell of all, Contingency.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there is no reason to use kissmanga to read this because the official translations have caught up

Oh really? Where at?

I haven't read this since 134, anything interesting happen that'd warrant getting caught up with the little I'm behind instead of still waiting?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Oh really? Where at?

I haven't read this since 134, anything interesting happen that'd warrant getting caught up with the little I'm behind instead of still waiting?

It's here, but there have only been a couple of new chapters yet, because of the four week delay compared to the Korean raws. All that's happened so far is that he levelled up enough to break the dungeon, and then his buddy got pissy at the redhead because Jee-Han went on a date with her instead of him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mygna posted:

It's here, but there have only been a couple of new chapters yet, because of the four week delay compared to the Korean raws. All that's happened so far is that he levelled up enough to break the dungeon, and then his buddy got pissy at the redhead because Jee-Han went on a date with her instead of him.

Meh, guess I'll check in another four months.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh really? Where at?

Latest update (142) has some fairly major plot stuff clearly getting set-up, but ends on a cliffhanger. I'd say wait until next week when we'll hopefully get a better idea what the hell is going on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha, twice in the same day. that girl has the worst luck in the world.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like the president but I hope she isn't about to literally be kidnapped again

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Did the company just became DM :eek:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I like the president but I hope she isn't about to literally be kidnapped again

I doubt it, in so far that there's a difference between 'kidnapped' and 'absorbed into a God form'.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hate this over arching plot crap. I just want The Gamer to level up! And meet girls!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Pewdiepie posted:

I hate this over arching plot crap. I just want The Gamer to level up! And meet girls!

Come on, man, that's not nearly enough to make a compelling series.

He needs to level up the girls, too.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Saw this topic, checked this out because I'm a lovely nerd that's into meta stuff about games.

Really neat stuff, author does a lot of cool things with game mechanics in a "real world" setting. The partying thing is really cool.

God drat is this on a slow boil, though. You'd think more would have happened in 144 chapters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a Korean mmo grind. We should be so lucky as much has happened.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TerminusEst13 posted:

Saw this topic, checked this out because I'm a lovely nerd that's into meta stuff about games.

Really neat stuff, author does a lot of cool things with game mechanics in a "real world" setting. The partying thing is really cool.

God drat is this on a slow boil, though. You'd think more would have happened in 144 chapters.

I just want him to open the settings menu....

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The slow boil is alright. Part of that is the format it's being presented in but a bundle of things have happened and the threat is escalating steadily.

Big Boner Stacy posted:

I just want him to open the settings menu....

Settings -> System Settings -> Change Resolution to 1920 x 1080.

The Author's slowly getting there too.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Oct 27, 2016

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Yeah not sure about where this is heading, looks like it's becoming a generic battle manga. The same tonal shift happened to Noblesse, went quickly from goofy vampire comedy into endless powerlevel posturing.

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor might please those who preferred early Gamer, has a very similar atmosphere

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Is it me, or have the updates gotten shorter?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
New chapter dropped. http://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-3-ep-28/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=152

I wonder if Jee han got free wisdom points for this.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That was a pretty drat awesome chapter.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Good ol' Classic "OBJECTION!"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Kyte posted:

New chapter dropped. http://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-3-ep-28/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=152

I wonder if Jee han got free wisdom points for this.

:objection:

That was a nice resolution. Well done, Jee-Han! I'm proud of him. Good way of using those Wisdom points!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I always forget this series exists whenever the thread doesn't get updated with new chapters.