Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

In the 80s the same "are troops" crowd would have been ridiculing Vietnam vets for being failures who suck at war.

You're thinking 70's when everyone was desperately trying to forget Vietnam in a drug and disco filled haze.

The 1980's is when military worship started in earnest. My dad was drafted in 1968 and somehow ended up in Europe. By the end of the 80's he was lying and telling people he went to Vietnam because of all the military worship. I think he legitimately wished he had been sent to SE Asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Munchables posted:

There are a bunch of pictures like that that compare different goverment ideologies to cow ownership, so I guess someone made an mra one.
This one's still my favorite.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

3rd to last guild seems most reasonable.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Krispy Kareem posted:

You're thinking 70's when everyone was desperately trying to forget Vietnam in a drug and disco filled haze.

The 1980's is when military worship started in earnest. My dad was drafted in 1968 and somehow ended up in Europe. By the end of the 80's he was lying and telling people he went to Vietnam because of all the military worship. I think he legitimately wished he had been sent to SE Asia.

Yeah, the 80s were when we got movies like Commando and Predator, and people were somehow able to start romanticising a conflict that had been the main example of the horrors and pointlessness of war a decade before.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

The Ravnica guilds was the last thing I was expecting from that url.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've been avoiding Facebook lately, just signing on to see if I have any notifications. I browsed around a bit today while waiting on something and immediately regretted it.

My aunt has some lovely friends. At least she puts up the good fight with them. :unsmith:

Shikantaza
Sep 10, 2016
Top comment on guardian article about Louis Theroux's new scientology doc

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

I just came to post that.

Now with content.

IamnotJoe has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Oct 6, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Hurricane related.

https://twitter.com/vanillaice/status/784033789555122176

https://twitter.com/johnbowman/status/784082160177283072

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

IamnotJoe posted:

Now with content.

:psyboom:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

IamnotJoe posted:

Now with content.

I mean, sure it's plausible that Obama controls the weather, however,

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

cash crab posted:

I mean, sure it's plausible that Obama controls the weather, however,

I'm just saying that we have never seen Obama and a hurricane in the room at the same time.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

He obviously asked his moon god to raise the tides.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm so glad someone on my friends list subscribes to the Anti-Feminazi Facebook page.
You have two cows.
They didn't teach you how to feed them in computer science.
Both cows dies.
It's almost like relatively few college majors cover the care and feeding of cows or something.

People are still, so, so ANGRY about what they imagine gender studies classes are like based on hearing the name and literally nothing else.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/actuallyiggy/status/783795883372638211

Does anyone have that image where someone in earnest argues that breaking up with an abusive partner is a terrible and selfish act, since they can't control it?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

I have literally no idea what this is saying or is trying to say

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

goose willis posted:

"I have multiple restraining orders against me."

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

goose willis posted:

Idiots on! Social media!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

goose willis posted:

"Many people are only supportive of others with mental illness on the condition that their symptoms are 'friendly' and easy to deal with or ignore."

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

goose willis posted:

I think it's referencing things like narcissistic personality disorder where a person's relationships especially with their kids can be toxic.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Besesoth posted:

"Many people are only supportive of others with mental illness on the condition that their symptoms are 'friendly' and easy to deal with or ignore."

I think it goes a little further than this and is claiming that abusive and manipulative behavior should be excused.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gross Dude posted:

I think it's referencing things like narcissistic personality disorder where a person's relationships especially with their kids can be toxic.

I take the other side of things. I think it's referencing people who will make supportive noises etc. about people with mental illnesses/disabilities, but when said mentally ill/disabled person 'causes a scene' or does something unpleasant, they drop all their support in favour of accusations of manipulation and selfishness.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Oh to have been a fly on the wall when sound designer Robert Hargreaves googled himself and discovered his long overdue kudos for that sexy growling stomach

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

I take the other side of things. I think it's referencing people who will make supportive noises etc. about people with mental illnesses/disabilities, but when said mentally ill/disabled person 'causes a scene' or does something unpleasant, they drop all their support in favour of accusations of manipulation and selfishness.

The fact that it says "Manipulation and! Abuse!" seems to indicate it's referring to stuff like Bipolar people treating others poorly.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BrigadierSensible posted:

I've seen a bunch of narcissistic and borderline personality disorder pride posts that make me think it's more people not supporting NPD/BPD people. Considering that people with either of those disorders will gently caress up lives of people around them, I can understand that behavior. I get that it's a mental illness but holy poo poo they are destructive.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I've seen a bunch of narcissistic and borderline personality disorder pride posts that make me think it's more people not supporting NPD/BPD people. Considering that people with either of those disorders will gently caress up lives of people around them, I can understand that behavior. I get that it's a mental illness but holy poo poo they are destructive.

Truth. If you're in the opening stages of a relationship and they use the phrase "borderline personality disorder" at any point you make like Usain and Bolt.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
As someone with BPD, don't date people with BPD. I've said and done things to my wife that I will haunt me until the day I die. Never physical violence, but it's hard to imagine anyone else putting up with the amount of abuse a crazy person can come up with.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Posted by someone who I thought was better than this

Don't worry that he might be cheating on you, worry that he might be BISEXUAL:supaburn:

His comment being "they pants always sagging, you gotta wonder who they sagging for"
Yes the gay agenda made sagging pants a trend so they can check out these "magnum man" sweet buns

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

quote:

I walked into the 7-11 as I have been for years getting a product I am sure most people have purchased on a regular basis. A soda refill.

What is a soda refill?

Thank you for asking. It's when you REUSE the SAME cup you originally bought NEW at 7-11, to REFILL it with your favorite soda.

On the side of any fountain soda station, are the prices for the various sizes, NEW and then on the bottom, it states the 2 prices for refills of same sizes.

I don't know what possesses a company like 7-11 to give a price break to a refill size that they don't even have, let alone charge more for refilling their largest cup (64oz)!!!

Tonight...I paid $1.49 for a REFILL of Pepsi.

The price if I'd been buying that same thing NEW? $1.59.

Where is the logic in this, when they only charge 99 cents for any refill upto 53oz...7-11 doesn't HAVE a 53oz cup. Just 16, 24, 32, 44 and 64oz sizes.

Where is the company losing money or needing to penalize us for keeping our 64oz'ers and bringing them in for a refill on a regular basis?

Are there customers out there that are making runs on all 7-11's with their 100 to 200oz gigantor mammoth cups that look so big you could club a baby seal with it and not miss?

I don't get it.

Anywhere I go, I have never paid 10 cents less for a refill what I would have been charged for a new drink.

Even when I mentioned the fact to the bitch at the counter, she just said, "That's the way it is!"

OMG...she came so close to getting wet.

Write 7-11 Corporate if you feel disenfranchised by this.

There are too many other things they could get away with charging more for...like Slurpees and coffee and their God awful donuts.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Didn't censor because public page.

Edit: Expanded the See More

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 05:54 on Oct 7, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

sex shop clearance rack posted:

As someone with BPD, don't date people with BPD. I've said and done things to my wife that I will haunt me until the day I die. Never physical violence, but it's hard to imagine anyone else putting up with the amount of abuse a crazy person can come up with.

And thanks for reminding me why I don't try dating. :smith:

I don't have BPD, but I know my mental illness will cause way more harm than I should allow someone to endure.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

That person is very single-focus.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
NAZI FLUORIDE

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Capitalism was made in a lab? How does that work?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CeramicPig posted:

Posted by someone who I thought was better than this

Don't worry that he might be cheating on you, worry that he might be BISEXUAL:supaburn:

His comment being "they pants always sagging, you gotta wonder who they sagging for"
Yes the gay agenda made sagging pants a trend so they can check out these "magnum man" sweet buns

whats up with the middle dudes skin. i dont think pink is a normal color for a human

also lol just noticed that dog checkin out the dudes big dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ah yes, the politician Karl Marx, who famously held the political office of