Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like it, but i'm not super fond of how out of their element all the kids seem. I know the series hasn't focused on the rescue stuff much so it makes more sense for the kids to be novices compared to actual combat, but with how confused at it they are and how seemingly competent a lot of the other schools are at it just comes off to me that U.A's been slacking off in teaching them.

Surely there should've been classes about this stuff. It doesn't help that I think in last chapter Aizawa was thinking of how he thought this would basically be their Achilles Heel. If that was the case why wasn't their more focus on it in training! (I know the reason is because it's less fun for the readers to see and we were there for their pre-test training sessions, but it still bugs me a bit)

well the one class we saw of them having rescue training got busted in on by shiragaki and the first nomu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

To me it seemed like the UA students weren't prepared for the HUC testers being as strict as they are. Like, they are pulling C grade rescuing when passing requires a B+ or better.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

the best hero would be the one who can synthesise weed in the field and just give it to trapped people so they relax while they get rescued

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Elfgames posted:

well the one class we saw of them having rescue training got busted in on by shiragaki and the first nomu

yeah, they're really green. Imagine those other kids have been tutored by hero agencies, gotten first aid courses, triage etc etc.
Their team work is also really good, while UA kids are a bit slow on the uptake since they did that rescue thing... one time like a month ago

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Elfgames posted:

I know it's probably not really written down anywhere except maybe Horikoshi's head but it makes total sense if their Disaster/Rescue Training Center was both trashed and had its security compromised by villains that their rescue curriculum would be delayed until the everything was sorted out.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I love that apparently they have a "looks like a villain" ranking in place for heroes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mikl posted:

I love that apparently they have a "looks like a villain" ranking in place for heroes.

I wonder who's rank #2 and 1 in that category?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Eej posted:

I know it's probably not really written down anywhere except maybe Horikoshi's head but it makes total sense if their Disaster/Rescue Training Center was both trashed and had its security compromised by villains that their rescue curriculum would be delayed until the everything was sorted out.

i'm sure they'd still have some training but allmight did put a nomu through the roof

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

I wonder who's rank #2 and 1 in that category?

Endeavor and Endeavor.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

endeavor can't be #1 in anything

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Manatee Cannon posted:

endeavor can't be #1 in anything

Say Nothing posted:

Endeavor and Endeavor's beard.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I would wager Ectoplasm is probably on that list, even though he wears goddamn sweater vests.

Gang Orca has the best design though.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I can't wait to learn the name of Gang Orca's minions. Orcalings? Pod people? The pun possibilities are endless :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im glad Bakugo has his own crew of bros and isnt just second fiddle to Deku in everything like lots of Shonen rivals.

e: Im also glad Horikoshi brought back Orca dude because his design was always amazing.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Begemot posted:

I can't wait to learn the name of Gang Orca's minions. Orcalings? Pod people? The pun possibilities are endless :allears:

Dolphins

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
GANG ORCA!:swoon:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Next chapter: Ojiro saves the day

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly the Vigilante spin off is dead. Not due to anything with it, but because the Magazine it is in is being cancelled.

This is just hearsay so it may not be true.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It could migrate to a new magazine I guess.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Mikl posted:

Say Nothing posted:

Endeavor and Endeavor's beard.

hasn't icy hot's mom been through enough already?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dolfans

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly the Vigilante spin off is dead. Not due to anything with it, but because the Magazine it is in is being cancelled.

This is just hearsay so it may not be true.

Maybe they can rework the intro for later then because it's definately a good idea for a spinoff

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

KoB posted:

Im glad Bakugo has his own crew of bros.

The Bakubros.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Begemot posted:

Hey, did you know that because orcas are so widespread and successful as a species, when scientists typically talk about groups of them, they refer to them by their "culture"? The orca's "culture" is based on their primary food source, which affects their tactics and behavior. So you get Fish Culture Orcas and Seal Culture Orcas and so on.

So since these gang orca eat villains, they're a CRIME CULTURE ORCAS.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

Hey, did you know that because orcas are so widespread and successful as a species, when scientists typically talk about groups of them, they refer to them by their "culture"? The orca's "culture" is based on their primary food source, which affects their tactics and behavior. So you get Fish Culture Orcas and Seal Culture Orcas and so on.

oh my god

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mr. Fowl posted:

Orca from Zoo was a transient though, which are usually solitary.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
If that's not what they're called I'm going to be very sad.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Now I'm just imagining those old McGruff PSAs but with Gang Orca.

"Take a bite out of crime!"

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Happy Birthday to Grape Juice.

Please don't waste your birthday wish on something creepy.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Happy Birthday to Grape Juice.

Please don't waste your birthday wish on something creepy.

You are underestimating his creep.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
See if you can spot a familiar figure from Chapter 34.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The mask breather also has smiley faces.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
I love when he seeds characters in early before bringing them to the foreground.They didn't just burst into existence when they were needed, but were part of the world all long.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

sorry but who is that

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

sorry but who is that

Aizawa's girlfriend

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Also Miss Joke would probably take it as an indirect insult since her power operates similarly to Shinsou's :v:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Unlike Miss Joke when Shinsou makes it as a pro hero he's rocketing straight up to number 1 in the "looks like a villain" poll. Endeavor will remain N°2.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Korean raws:

https://manaa.space/post/uploader/e56VLq0vyoEmjw2r

Looks like wind kid hates Endeavor because he was a total rear end in a top hat to him when he was a kid.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Radish posted:

Korean raws:

https://manaa.space/post/uploader/e56VLq0vyoEmjw2r

Looks like wind kid hates Endeavor because he was a total rear end in a top hat to him when he was a kid.
A good chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Wind boy is like a dumb Syndrome from The Incredibles.