Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Did anyone ask about weapon rebalances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The game is a lot of fun but sometimes I just feel like I'm running through molasses

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Those are called rats.

(Though I do know what you mean. Sometimes it does feel like you are walking slower despite not actually.)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Did they add quests and retool the loot system yet?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hey i bought the console version and i'm actually having quite a bit of fun so far :v:

Although the way the game handles it's aiming is weird as hell as the acceleration just skyrockets once you're turning for more than a second or two. I suppose it's a compromise since you have to have your head on a swivel but they could have just put in a drat quick turn button like all the L4D games have on console. I don't think LB does anything it could even be almost the same button.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There's no quick turn on consoles? Does auto aim at least favor specials over normal rats?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

None that i've found yet and yes i believe the auto aim does, i've never had a problem aiming for specials over regular rats at least not yet at the very least.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Was going to pick this up on console as well but the lack of effort / news related to new content has me saying why bother. I'll just check out the new dlc on pc, if it actually comes out

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Hey i bought the console version and i'm actually having quite a bit of fun so far :v:

Although the way the game handles it's aiming is weird as hell as the acceleration just skyrockets once you're turning for more than a second or two. I suppose it's a compromise since you have to have your head on a swivel but they could have just put in a drat quick turn button like all the L4D games have on console. I don't think LB does anything it could even be almost the same button.

Yeah, the awful acceleration as made using some of the ranged weapons a little tough

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Wow this inverted aiming issue on the PS4 is bullshit. In combat you literally just can't look down and swing over everything's head.

How does something like this get past QA? Did absolutely no one on the QA team use inverted look??

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

Wow this inverted aiming issue on the PS4 is bullshit. In combat you literally just can't look down and swing over everything's head.

How does something like this get past QA? Did absolutely no one on the QA team use inverted look??

fun thing i learned studying game programming lately: input programming is typically left to the least experienced programmers on staff

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
so it sounds like they drew a name out of a hat?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how is the framerate on consoles so far

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Finally got my copy, but it's literally impossible to find anyone playing(and the group I found kept kicking me for no reason while they camped under a building for no reason), also the game isn't letting me host my own as it keeps claiming that it's found a game but never loads me into it, so I'm feeling kinda ripped off at the moment

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You can tell it to automatically host instead of searching for a lobby first

If there was a horde and those players were in a choke point, there's a reason they were "camping"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Digirat posted:

You can tell it to automatically host instead of searching for a lobby first

If there was a horde and those players were in a choke point, there's a reason they were "camping"

Couldn't find an option for that, worth noting that I am playing the PS4 version, as my laptop would probably explode like a Bright Wizard if I tried running this game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is there no "advanced settings" button on console?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Digirat posted:

Is there no "advanced settings" button on console?

PS4 version seems to have a completely different interface than that one has, pretty much none of those options are present

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Trying to play on PS4 is a disaster. I rarely find matches, and there doesn't seem to be a single player option like L4D had.

Anyone wanna group up? I'm Ohsohologramic on psn.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Verisimilidude posted:

Trying to play on PS4 is a disaster. I rarely find matches, and there doesn't seem to be a single player option like L4D had.

If it's at all like PC, starting a multiplayer game without anyone should fill the missing slots with bots and, if the game's open, other players can join midmatch.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Is there really no way to change your equipment outside of the very beginning of a mission, cause if so that's really dumb

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you can change your equip in the inn, there's an inventory chest near the map table

...on PC, anyway.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If you want to change weapons mid mission they're not really gear so much as builds. Like you can respec mid raid.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Coolguye posted:

you can change your equip in the inn, there's an inventory chest near the map table

...on PC, anyway.

Isn't here, but apparently it's going to be fixed in the first patch

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
lmao

oh fatshark you depressing bastards

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lmao

oh fatshark you depressing bastards

Well now it's there, apparently it is locked by level although the first patch is going to make it show up from the beginning

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Quests and Contracts is happening on public test.

So imagine me seeing that, going "ok I have nothing to do today" and then trying to download public test.

It's not downloading. No kb/s is being shown. Just stuck at 3%.

I restarted steam.

1.5mb for like 10 seconds (I download at 7.5-8.0mbps at usual)

0 byte/s current. Broken. LOVE YOU FATSHARK

My game will be ready to launch in approximately 100 days, and it just looped back around on itself to 30 seconds and rising again :laffo:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 7, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Victor's weapons all feel awkward and weak

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Rapier and pistols are very good.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I guess if I just keep opting in and out of the public beta it will finish eventually. It outright stops after about a minute each time.

No this isn't working. Constant restarts, re-opts, and changing download servers (even cleared the cache) are doing zilch.

Ok, switching to Sweden server fixed it.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 7, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

Rapier and pistols are very good.

I have an orange one but I guess I don't get it? When is the pistol for it good to use?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Pistol rapier owns. Use pistol to pick off random strays sneaking around

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Go dwarf all the way. Your axe and shield does the job at low levels, and blending attacking in with pushes is amazing. I've just started playing the game and on Normal I can go through a short level with less than 100 damage, and long one with a little over 200 using this strategy. I don't think I can go back to having just 3 stamina.

I also got extremely lucky on my first game that I played with bots where I got a blue rifle as my first drop. It one-shots all of the special rats (Stormvermin need a headshot, but if they take even a little damage it will oneshot them anywhere) on normal, is extremely accurate, and now I've unlocked the Master-Crafted trait which reduces its reload speed by 50%. It truly is the fist of an angry Dwarven god.

I'm playing on PS4. When I started the game for the first time, I had some weird connection issues, but I restarted it and I seem to be able to find games pretty quickly.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I have an orange one but I guess I don't get it? When is the pistol for it good to use?

Shoot rats that are not in stabbing range with your offhand pistol.
Dual pistols are for everything but sniping globadiers and gunners. Chug a strength potion and you can kill the rat ogre with them, storm vermin go down like chumps, hunters get stunlocked, you can run around with them and shoot them one at a time to deal with ambient trash.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
rapier and brace, maximum gun

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

BUHLESS THIS RAVAGED BAWDEE...

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pls give us dual wield repeater pistols.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I guess what messes me up with him is i use the shield and great hammer a lot and Victor doesn't have any weapons to wade into a swarm with.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

He has a greatsword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah I got an orange one of those too. It's slow and doesn't sweep everything in front of you so I haven't figured out how to get anything done with it.

• Locked thread