Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Electric Hobo posted:

I should probably oath something and work through the painting fatigue I built up last month.

For October, I, Electric Hobo, oath the first player token, the saga token and the doom token from Blood Rage. Still by CMoN.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath this Tyranid Warrior Prime. 28mm from Games Workshop.

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do solemnly Oath to paint these 5 models in October:

From Wyrd Games, 1 Miss Ery and 1 Flesh Construct with Victim
From Steamforged Games, 1 Compound
And from Corvus Belli, 2 Dog Warriors

It's Monster Season, so why not paint things like literal werewolves, Frankenstein's monster, and nightmare fuel!

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition! one Hemlocke union player for guild ball.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these two Guild Ball dudes, named Ratchet and Pin Vise (30mm, Steamforged Games).

The bases were pre-painted but the figures are only primed. If that's an issue I'll rebase them.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath ten space marines (GW / 28mm):

(I took the photo yesterday but had some problems getting it off my phone, I hope that's OK.)

Signal posted:

An Oath to report!

A Seraph, from Corvus Belli!

Also, a shame to report

A narrow failure on the 24 hour front. :'(

Approved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

You should take your chickens to the vet, moths

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

moths posted:

I, moths, oath ten space marines (GW / 28mm):

(I took the photo yesterday but had some problems getting it off my phone, I hope that's OK.)

moths eat the eggs.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Those poor, delicious pewter eggs...

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Time for prizes!

:siren: SEPTEMBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: JERRYLEE!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: PASH!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: ENRI!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, being of no more sound mind than usual, oath 8 dwarf riflemene, by Avatars of War

Starting off small this month - have a repeat of last month's on the stack for later.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
With Dropfleet taking a while to ship, I better give up on the hope of getting it in a reasonable time and crack on.

I Oath for October one NVA Battalion HQ & one NVA Weapons company (including three MG bunkers.) - 15mm by Battlefront. 71 minis total.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

I, headlor, oath these three 1:72 Panzer IV's I found in the bottom of a drawer a while back.

No idea about the manufacturer though.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, being of no more sound mind than usual, oath 8 dwarf riflemene, by Avatars of War

Starting off small this month - have a repeat of last month's on the stack for later.

Grey Hunter posted:

With Dropfleet taking a while to ship, I better give up on the hope of getting it in a reasonable time and crack on.

I Oath for October one NVA Battalion HQ & one NVA Weapons company (including three MG bunkers.) - 15mm by Battlefront. 71 minis total.

headlor posted:

I, headlor, oath these three 1:72 Panzer IV's I found in the bottom of a drawer a while back.

No idea about the manufacturer though.

Approved!

Since no-one mentioned any issues with the new May album I put up, I'll get started on the June one, that should be up later today.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: June 2016 Gallery Up :siren:

The June Gallery should now be accessible at http://imgur.com/a/SFwDM

Unfortunately there were some issues with the image scraper so it's possible some pics have been missed, so if you're bothered about Judge points then double check the gallery and make sure your pics are there!

As a reminder, pictures are only accepted into the gallery if your username is on them! It's fine for oath completion to only flag the first image, but only that image will go in the gallery.

Also, it looks like Imgur have broken/removed the feature which allows me to automatically arrange the album by filename so I'm having to go in and manually rearrange the images to group people's pics, I'm currently on with this, though again it's possible I will miss some. EDIT: Also the rearrange pictures system on Imgur is lovely and only lets me see tiny thumbnails of the images which usually crop out the bit with the poster's name so I'm having to do it by the minis on display in the pics.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 9, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Last week I bought some GF9 Tanks stuff from the Troll Trader, and thanked them for sponsoring the thread using their contact us feature, I hope other people are doing similar!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Hurricane tried to stop the oath but the oath won't be stopped

Going to get a table set up outside in a bit so I can take a picture of the stuff I primed right before the hurricane so I can work on it

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For October I, Galaspar, oath the Primarch Mortarion (Forgeworld, Warhammer 30K)

The Death Lord himself, really hoping I do him justice.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do Oath that I will paint these 10 River Horse 28mm Terminator Endoskeletons.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, oath to paint one Expeditionary Navigator (28mm Forgeworld), as well as Dianne Tianseen & Tarko Stahlen of Sayx Enterprises (Fallen Frontier, 28mm by Scale Games), in the month of October

The Navigator has been sat around in my collection for a while now, and the Sayx Enterprises stuff was gifted by a guy who'd got extra from the Kickstarter. Looking to get the box art cheevo with them two, and hopefully the challenge for painting black.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I, JackMack, oath three GW Adeptus Arbites (28mm)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Galaspar posted:

For October I, Galaspar, oath the Primarch Mortarion (Forgeworld, Warhammer 30K)

Is this as big as it looks?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

two PCs from Reaper, 28mm

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

Ugleb posted:

Is this as big as it looks?

Perhaps not, scale isn't too clear on that picture. His own base is 40mm, and including the rock he stands on he's about twice the height of a space marine, maybe a little less. The scenic base which the gaming base fits into is 60mm. Not nearly as chunky a challenge as the Imperial Knight I oathed a while back, but certainly a centrepiece I want to get right.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 9, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do Oath that I will paint these 10 River Horse 28mm Terminator Endoskeletons.

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath to paint one Expeditionary Navigator (28mm Forgeworld), as well as Dianne Tianseen & Tarko Stahlen of Sayx Enterprises (Fallen Frontier, 28mm by Scale Games), in the month of October

The Navigator has been sat around in my collection for a while now, and the Sayx Enterprises stuff was gifted by a guy who'd got extra from the Kickstarter. Looking to get the box art cheevo with them two, and hopefully the challenge for painting black.

JackMack posted:

I, JackMack, oath three GW Adeptus Arbites (28mm)

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

two PCs from Reaper, 28mm

Approved!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I, enri, hereby oath to paint the following:

1 x Genestealer Hybrid Acolyte Iconward

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Electric Hobo posted:

Time for prizes!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: ENRI!

Forgot to quote this in my oath post, I've emailed KG just now but realised I hadn't gotten around to emailing him re: the brushes from a previous month, I mentioned I'm happy for you to have them in my place as I'm suffering extreme brush overload, assuming you still want them :)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

enri posted:

Forgot to quote this in my oath post, I've emailed KG just now but realised I hadn't gotten around to emailing him re: the brushes from a previous month, I mentioned I'm happy for you to have them in my place as I'm suffering extreme brush overload, assuming you still want them :)
I certainly do! I'm stuck with some really lovely 1st gen Games and Gears brushes and whatever my sister grabs for me when she's at the nail salon. Mighty kind of you :)

Also Oath addition: 1 super spooky mummy. I forget where it's from, but it's 15mm.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, glitchkrieg, do oath this Orc Thrower and 2 Orc Linesmen from Necrom Studios for the month of October

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:ghost: I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the spooky month of October :ghost:

One 'Dragons Don't Share' tower by Reaper (25mm)

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, Oath to paint one Space Marine Captain for the month of October!

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
I, LewdMoncle, Oath four Infinity Nomads from Corvus Belli 28mm

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
I , The Sisko, Oath one Dreadclaw Drop Pod from Forgeworld 28mm

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I, Flipswitch, Oath one Saint-Petersburg Class Heavy Cruiser from Dropfleet Commander

Finally got over my bloody flu. So time to finish up this bad boy, I only got the Lima-classes finished from last month.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath this hellhound, made by Mantic for Dungeon Saga

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint the following:

1 x Genestealer Hybrid Acolyte Iconward

Electric Hobo posted:

I certainly do! I'm stuck with some really lovely 1st gen Games and Gears brushes and whatever my sister grabs for me when she's at the nail salon. Mighty kind of you :)

Also Oath addition: 1 super spooky mummy. I forget where it's from, but it's 15mm.

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, do oath this Orc Thrower and 2 Orc Linesmen from Necrom Studios for the month of October

NTRabbit posted:

:ghost: I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the spooky month of October :ghost:

One 'Dragons Don't Share' tower by Reaper (25mm)

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, Oath to paint one Space Marine Captain for the month of October!

LewdMonocle posted:

I, LewdMoncle, Oath four Infinity Nomads from Corvus Belli 28mm

The Sisko posted:

I , The Sisko, Oath one Dreadclaw Drop Pod from Forgeworld 28mm

Flipswitch posted:

I, Flipswitch, Oath one Saint-Petersburg Class Heavy Cruiser from Dropfleet Commander

Finally got over my bloody flu. So time to finish up this bad boy, I only got the Lima-classes finished from last month.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath this hellhound, made by Mantic for Dungeon Saga

Approved

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I, Indolent Bastard, hereby oath to paint the following:

4 x Spiders, 1 x Chthon all from Reaper Miniatures

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath this statue I made of an old Space Marine Captain:

Needless to say this will be an it's a rescue! attempt.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! 4 morlocks and 1 morat hacker.
All Corvus Belli

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
OATH COMPLETE! Claiming backstory and it's a rescue

Backstory
In 006.M41, the Ultramarines launched an assault on the planet of Lutum III, colloquially known to the Imperial Guard unit stationed there as "Dirt Planet". There were few natural resources and it was of little tactical importance in the greater sector, but being a life-sustaining planet, Imperial decree demanded that it be wrenched from the hands of the Bad Moons Orks inhabiting it. The Ultramarines were lead by the then-Captain of the 2nd Company, Octavius. Stormbolter in one hand and chainsword in the other, Octavius led the men of his chapter and the Imperial Guard into battle countless times, leading from the front and besting countless Orks in combat. He went undefeated in his campaign until, shortly before the planet could be wholly brought into compliance, the Black Legion appeared, drawn by the heroic deeds of the captain and the blood spilled on Lutum III. Imperial Guard forces turned traitor, and while the 2nd company fought on, it was clear that they were losing more Marines with every battle and the campaign would end in the destruction of their company. On the final day of the campaign, Octavius oversaw the withdrawal of his forces from the planet. Before the survivors could load into their Thunderhawks, a contingent of renegade Imperial Guard struck the airfield. Their armor rolled through the fences and barricades nearly unopposed as the Ultramarines carried their wounded onto the dropships. They needed more time, and Octavius held the line with the remainder of his command squad. He was wounded repeatedly, but his armor and trusted apothecary kept him standing. As the ramp of the final Thunderhawk was about to close, Octavius and the apothecary ran for the ship. Lasbolt after lasbolt ricocheted off his armor until finally an autocannon round hit him square in the back, blowing off his powerpack and knocking him to the ground. Before he could get up, the shells from the traitor artillery had him ranged, and they tore up the earth around him. The apothecary was unable to save him, as he was obliterated by an earthshaker shell seconds later. The last Thunderhawk left Lutum III without its captain, but his sacrifice allowed the Marines of his company to live on and fight once more. While the planet was later purged by the Dark Angels under Master Kael, the sacrifice of Octavius was never forgotten by the 2nd company.

The actual story:
Back in 2006, I played a homebrew ruleset with my friends using 40k models and fluff. However, it was horribly, horribly unbalanced, and I ended up winning every game because we didn't have a points system or anything, just a vague "yeah, that looks right" feeling when putting the armies on the table. In every game, Octavius was my commander, and in every game he survived. At first it was just my buddy with his Guard and my other friend with his Orks, but then a fourth guy came along with Chaos and that's when things heated up. Finally, in one of the last games of the system we ever played, Chaos and Guard teamed up against my Ultramarines and my army got beat soundly. The last models alive on my side of the table were Octavius and his apothecary, who were running for the table edge when they got shot to pieces by a Chimera with an autocannon turret. I thought it would be a fun way to take an old model from my youth and memorialize the time I spent playing silly homebrew rules with my friends when I was a teenager, while still making something useful for my regular games of 40k.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I, chutche2, oath Lord Kozlov and Beast Master Xekaar, Warmachine/Hordes 28mm.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SRM that childhood memory to fluff is great, not sure I've met anyone who doesn't enjoying doing that to fondly remembered battles.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
I Nichol, oath this gw devilfish.

That is all.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ijyt posted:

SRM that childhood memory to fluff is great, not sure I've met anyone who doesn't enjoying doing that to fondly remembered battles.

Thanks! It was real fun to do :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Nichol posted:

I Nichol, oath this gw devilfish.

That is all.

Oath complete. See you next month.

• Locked thread