Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Picked up Vermintide yesterday after a few months of someone enthusiastically recommending it to me.
Once you get past how buggy the lobby system is right now it's really fun and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Schremp Howard posted:

I would love another SSX game. Hell remaster tricky and three and I would be happy.

Boom boom boom

Whats up? This is Rahzel. Welcome to Garibaldi.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Resident Evil is really good, it looks great and the quality of life improvements are great too, with this and Yakuza 5 ps+ redeemed itself.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah I'm loving my replay of RE so far. Reminds me how much I loved the classic on PS1 as a kid, hugely significant game.

I was so into RE as a kid my friends and I actually came up with our own tabletop D&D game based on RE. Basically had zero rules but we had fun anyways.

The graphics in the remake are great, even if some of the textures don't look so good at 1080. The new models and cutscenes are really well done.

And the new controls, what a life saver! I like that the game is still just as hardcore about using ink ribbons to save and things like that, but being able to use thumbsticks for relative motion instead of having to use d-pad tank controls is so great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This is the way to do it. Give time between each so the formula doesn't get stale. 2 and 3 are both outstanding games.

Contrary to popular opinion, 2 flounders at around 80% of the way through. 3 lags around 40% in but then picks up an amazing pace and sustains it to the end.

Neither game has an excellent plot, and character motivations are sort of weak throughout, but both are presented in a funny, entertaining way. 2 has more of a triangle dynamic while 3 is more about 1on1 interactions with characters. 2 is the most consistent game and 3 has the highest highs.

:agreed:

And also looks like it's time to change the thread title back to "play the uc games in order"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

precision posted:

:agreed:

And also looks like it's time to change the thread title back to "play the uc games in order"

Playstation 4: enable 2FA, play UC in order, VR is for chumps

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don't know why you'd bother with UC1 in TYOOL2016

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I heard that they're going to be releasing the Uncharted games separately on the PSN store, so I'll probably just get 2 after reading this thread.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Great music, voice acting, environments, and the best melee combat of the series.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

You got it in the bundle with the 2 good games and had a few hours to kill.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I had never played anything in the series, and I'm weird about skipping games. I'm trying to clear out my backlog, which is massive enough that I could probably make a thread about it, and wanted to get the archaic stuff out of the way first.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can beat Uncharted 1 in two evenings

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

uncharted 1 is good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

This is like going into the 3DS thread and asking why you'd bother with DQ7

Super No Vacancy posted:

uncharted 1 is good

:yeah:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

The characters are cool. Eddy Raja is cool. Nazis are cool WAIT I MEAN

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I love killing redneck drug pimps. Mafia 3 one button take downs are awesome. I'm getting some Sleeping Dogs vibe out of this. The world opened up and doing ultra violent missions are fun.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Housh posted:

I'm getting some Sleeping Dogs vibe out of this.
This is the best endorsement of an open world game to me. Sleepy Dogs was so good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Has it been mentioned yet that the Bersek Musou game apparently won't have multiplayer, because apparently the Berserk Musou game won't have multiplayer. On the one hand I understand because the property is mostly Guts killing dudes, but on the other hand I'm probably not gonna buy it until it gets a deep discount.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Glad to start seeing some (very glowing) reviews of Dragon Quest Builders, which is out on Tuesday.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dragon-quest-builders-playstation-4-review-in-progress/page-1
https://www.destructoid.com/review-dragon-quest-builders-390667.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...foundation.aspx

and even time magazine loved it
http://time.com/4515805/dragon-quest-builders-review/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Has it been mentioned yet that the Bersek Musou game apparently won't have multiplayer, because apparently the Berserk Musou game won't have multiplayer. On the one hand I understand because the property is mostly Guts killing dudes, but on the other hand I'm probably not gonna buy it until it gets a deep discount.

Dang that super sucks. Co-op Musou is the way to play musou games.

I guess they're pushing the graphics / body count too far to deal with stuff like splitscreen, which admittedly does tax consoles pretty hard these days.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

time magazine is fuckin trash just saying

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

time magazine is fuckin trash just saying

Well i mean hence the reason i included 3 other sources.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

goferchan posted:

I'm definitely curious about Steep

Let's just say it isn't Whistler/Blackcomb but it isn't Dagmar either.

Maybe I'll give it more of a shot after I get my fill of Mafia 3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SE will give lara croft cosplayers a free copy of the ps4 tomb raider coming out if they go and help break a lara croft impersonator gathering record at paris games week next week.

post pics of your half assed costume if you go for free stuff, eurogoons

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Very positive first impressions of Mafia 3 for me. Graphics are amazing (like nearly Uncharted 4 calibre), music is great, guns feel great, driving feels great, plot/writing/acting seems top notch... it gets a little chuggy when driving around quickly but no worse than any other open world game on PS4.

Even if it is repetitive as some say the guns/fighting feels so good that I should still like it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Very positive first impressions of Mafia 3 for me. Graphics are amazing (like nearly Uncharted 4 calibre), music is great, guns feel great, driving feels great, plot/writing/acting seems top notch... it gets a little chuggy when driving around quickly but no worse than any other open world game on PS4.

Even if it is repetitive as some say the guns/fighting feels so good that I should still like it.

it can't possibly be as repetitive as like just cause or mad max so its probably great

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Now of the PSN store would actually let me buy seth g without prepaid cards...

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

it can't possibly be as repetitive as like just cause or mad max so its probably great

The fact that ive beaten just casue 2's story TWICE and mad max makes me think this game would be amazing from what i am hearing. Never played / bought gta5 as sales always come with multiplayer bucks and i couldnt give a poo poo less about online gta.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah I didn't like the combat in either of those games, otherwise would have persevered (finished Just Cause 3 main story but can't say I loved it, never did more than a couple side missions).

strategery posted:

The fact that ive beaten just casue 2's story TWICE and mad max makes me think this game would be amazing from what i am hearing. Never played / bought gta5 as sales always come with multiplayer bucks and i couldnt give a poo poo less about online gta.

That is insane, just buy it and ignore the rockstar bux.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I heard that they're going to be releasing the Uncharted games separately on the PSN store, so I'll probably just get 2 after reading this thread.

Only in Europe.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is it cause of the nazis in the first game?

(finished Just Cause 3 but can't say I liked it).

i liked it until i got close to finishing it and got sick of it but i kept going anyway and beat it just cause

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

is it cause of the nazis in the first game?

i liked it until i got close to finishing it and got sick of it but i kept going anyway and beat it just cause

Noice. The coolest thing in the game was the rocket launcher you got at the end, but after five minutes of that I never touched the game again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK8CtQ-hj_s

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

That is insane, just buy it and ignore the rockstar bux.

Nah I think he means they're factored in. Like you'll see it advertised as "on sale" on PSN but it's actually the game + $30 in GTA bucks for $60 or whatever

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Tomb raider just shipped. poo poo that's the last of my future shop preorders. RIP :canada:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I want to play Steep. Apparently you can still sign up for beta if that's your kind of thing.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
This has probably been discussed ad nauseam but does anyone know if there is currently a 2TB drive on the market that offers superb performance for upgrading my PS4 internal hdd?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is good to hear. I don't know much about Dragonquest and minecraft has pretty limited appeal for me but something about this game has been really appealing to me since it was announced. It sounds like a good mix of building and a real game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Housh posted:

Wasn't there a Road Rash clone coming to Steam or something?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/300380/

its been in early access for like 2 years now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Life hack: remember to play every dq game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How come the Preparing to Download is so painfully slow?

• Locked thread