Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Internet Explorer posted:

Yeah I'm sure it's a load of fun getting 5 friends together then getting roflstomped because healers are for losers amiriteguys.

It's almost like QP is the mode for people to gently caress around in and not base their enjoyment on winning.

Also, obligatory if it's that important to you why didn't you pick a healer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I really don't give a gently caress what people play in QP but I will bail if I am dropped into a 4 or 5 man where playing all Torb is the funniest poo poo

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's almost like QP is the mode for people to gently caress around in and not base their enjoyment on winning.

Because none of them were in team voice and I'm not healing for a bunch of mouth breathers who are too stupid to avoid slamming their dicks in a car door for the 5 minutes it takes for them to get steamrolled.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Sounds like they made the right decision to stay in group chat and have fun.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EMC posted:

I really don't give a gently caress what people play in QP but I will bail if I am dropped into a 4 or 5 man where playing all Torb is the funniest poo poo

Don't get caught with your beard in the litterbox
NO NO NO NO FOR THE LAST TIME I'M SWEDISH

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Commoners posted:

Sounds like they made the right decision to stay in group chat and have fun.

This. Also your MMR for qp will be low if you gently caress around, so them loving around is apparently as good as you anyways.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If you had a Reinhardt who literally just taped down left trigger and walked straight towards the point/payload he'd still be contributing more to the team than the hanzo/widow who can't hit a single shot

Yeah, I suppose I am massively overestimating these people who can't seem to understand the "W" component of "M2 + W" by thinking they might have more luck as a different character. I'm just pissed because I'm being matched with people rated Diamond and Masters and they still can't seem to figure out that Reinhardt is for PUSHING, not standing in the doorway of Hanamura/Volskaya A offense until your shield breaks, then getting hooked by Roadhog.

Speaking of Roadhog: Roadhog is good. People should play more Roadhog.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 7, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Going into quickplay expecting people to tryhard is, in fact, the very definition of slamming your dick in a car door. I'm sorry if it makes you angry that nobody on your team chose a healer but them's the breaks when you decide to play Nobody Gives A gently caress mode, you've got no one to blame but yourself for getting your expectations up high. If winning is that important to you then your choices are:

A). play a healer yourself, no complaining about "but I don't want to heal for five mouthbreathers," demanding other people switch their pick up so you can play what you want is shitter behavior, be the change you want to see in the world or quit bitching, or

B). play comp.

Or there's option C which is to just quit out of the game because it's still quickplay, which has backfill, and therefore no one cares if you drop all day every day. Do it often enough and you might get an XP penalty but to be honest if you hit the point of getting a leaver penalty from dropping out of too many quickplay games you might need to reconsider the idea that the problem is in fact yourself.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I had a guy get really mad at my performance as McCree in QP the other day. He told me to switch, and I was like lol no QP, so he told me to get good, and I'm like wtf dude that's exactly why I'm here in QP playing some character I'm poo poo with! :psyduck: He literally bitched about my performance over the course of 3 rounds. Don't be that guy.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I've played in my fair share of "no one picks a healer" QP games when I didn't feel like playing healer myself and I pretty much decided that if someone else really felt the lack of healer strongly enough that it bothered them that they could themselves change, or not, whatever. Sometimes someone switched, and sometimes nobody switched and we still won anyway because the secret of quickplay is that the odds are very good that the red team is also full of people who similarly don't give a gently caress and at that point it's entirely possible to win even if your sole support is a Symmetra. If all else fails just play Roadhog and heal yourself.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Are there a lot of smurfs playing this game or is the QP mmr weird? I'm only level 20, not very good and I occasionally find myself getting completely stomped, like, can't even leave the spawn room stomped by groups.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

EMC posted:

You're makin a chicken out of a feather!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is there a competitive Overwatch thread because OGN's first season is about to start and it's casted by two of the best casters in E-Sports

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
FFS, even in playing competitive the team comp sucks rear end alot of times. All squishy characters, our only tank is a D.Va, and no healer so I gotta pick Lucio again. Or I gotta pick Reinhart to protect all those squishy fuckers. Although with competive you can at least avoid having a team with three freaking tracers. I almost never play a offensive character as at any given point there is at least three of them already chosen, playing competitive or otherwise.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wonder if any of the heroes that got summer skins will get halloween ones? I feel like they'll give skins to heroes that didn't get anything last time instead

RealFoxy posted:

Is there a competitive Overwatch thread because OGN's first season is about to start and it's casted by two of the best casters in E-Sports

the tryhard thread is where people talk about comp overwatch. there's also a tournament going in china right now that's being casted live at https://www.twitch.tv/bananaculture

nrg from na and rogue from eu are both at the tournament. nrg won group a, rogue is in group c that's being played tomorrow. group b is being played right now

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
someone should hack the protocols and create sombre a ghost character that can take no damage but kills the enemy as soon as they leave their spawn protection
and insert it into any competetive match so you have your team of 6 with a hidden 7th character making it a steamroll

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Never play QP ever. If you want to learn a new hero do it on the fly in comp

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The correct answers are:

Cliff Symmetra

Battle Mercy

You are welcome, and enjoy your QP! Just be careful you can get punished by the automated system if enough people report you, but if you play it cool its fine.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I just recieved my first ranking in comp. 2137. I got a bad lose streak, but then I had a pretty good win streak this morning. I know its not the best rank, but its a start at least.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Kashuno posted:

Never play QP ever. If you want to learn a new hero do it on the fly in comp

That Widowmaker is just trying to learn.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

turtlecrunch posted:

That Widowmaker is just trying to learn.

u dnt try 2 lern widow u r born w/sik MLG snipe skillz n00b

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

EMC posted:

would you say it's a culmination of a thousand of your worst nightmares?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If you aren't spamming "HARD VARK" as torbjorn then what's even the point

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If you aren't spamming "HARD VARK" as torbjorn then what's even the point

Haardvark

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Oh boy howdy I can't wait until we get more people complaining that the free poo poo blizzard is giving them isn't exactly the free poo poo they want.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The problem with quickplay is it still has objectives, so you can't go 100% give no fucks and have as much fun as you would in, say, team deathmatch.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

Personally I like that skins are coming out at a trickle, the longer this game can stave off Valveitis the better.

Speaking of Valveitis, limited-use sprays.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Brannock posted:

Speaking of Valveitis, limited-use sprays.

It's been pretty much accepted that Valve is now a lovely game developer post-release Orange Box.

Hell HL2 didn't even feel like a proper sequel since they couldn't be bothered to bring back half the monsters from Xen.

Anyone know what % Sombra is at? Is it still predicted for Oct10th?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
If you're sincerely trying to rewrite history that Half-Life 2 wasn't incredible because it didn't reintroduce some enemies from the most reviled part of the original, lol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
half life 2 was great, half life 3 will be amazing

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

If you're sincerely trying to rewrite history that Half-Life 2 wasn't incredible because it didn't reintroduce some enemies from the most reviled part of the original, lol

Ok how about the janky-rear end story that retcons one of the HL1 endings and drops Gordon in a 99% new story while ultimately failing to explain anything that's happening?

Blizzard makes the mistake of wrapping up storylines only to resurrect characters for expansions.

Valve is the opposite they tell you nothing and nothing gets solved.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Half Life 2 at the time was absolutely revolutionary, saying otherwise is insane.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Thor-Stryker posted:

Ok how about the janky-rear end story that retcons one of the HL1 endings and drops Gordon in a 99% new story while ultimately failing to explain anything that's happening?

Blizzard makes the mistake of wrapping up storylines only to resurrect characters for expansions.

Valve is the opposite they tell you nothing and nothing gets solved.

HL2 was basically universally praised and this is legit one of the first times I have heard someone have serious complaints about it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
HL2 was not a great sequel to HL, but it was a phenomenal game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

personally, I'm still disappointed that hl2 wasn't a direct sequel to the silent hill dog ending. shameful imo

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico

Dietrich posted:

Oh boy howdy I can't wait until we get more people complaining that the free poo poo blizzard is giving them isn't exactly the free poo poo they want.

Don't you see how not having pretty dress up outfits for my video mans and ladies is very problematic. A blizzard employee is holding a gun to my headforcing me to input my credit card until I have the exact pretty pink dress up doll to play as.

Blizzard has also forced me to stop playing a game I enjoy to play for months because i just rolled over to rank 1 and I'll get like 5 more boxes.

all the ladies say I fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 7, 2016

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
This is a super weird problem, and I'm trying to see if anyone's run into it before.

Twice now I've been playing a comp game, and when the game loads I'll have a character model standing there (who I assume was the default pick) but no menu. The menu screen never loads, and I can't pick anyone. Pressing esc, h, etc doesn't do anything.

That means if it's a comp game, which it was both times, I'm hosed.

Anyone had this happen, or know what the problem is?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

HL2 was basically universally praised and this is legit one of the first times I have heard someone have serious complaints about it.

Yeah, that was because it had next-generation physics/lighting and some beautiful atmospheric set-pieces .

Then it recycled the plot from HL1 (Mysterious alien force invades the world, only Freeman can save it.) except its even less coherent.

Valve might have struck a unique cord by having a silent protagonist for players to project their feelings onto, but the actual story is rehashed poo poo.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Using Roadhog's ult to trap a nanoboosted Reinhart in a corner is the most satisfying thing in this game. Even better than hooking a Tracer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Roadhog is the best. Outside of killing little squishes, sometimes i try to really focus on killing one guy over and over by hooking them and hope they tilt. Happens more often than you think. Soldier probably shouldnt be chasing after roadhog all game lol.