Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Poison Mushroom posted:

MG, wanna give me a bit more detail? You're still feeling a little generic.

Ok another top game of mine is Timesplitters 2. I bought it for my friend for his birthday, (I bought a copy shortly afterwards because it was so awesome) and we played it all summer before i moved to japan. It was such a tight game and I always look back on the time my friend and I spent together that summer and smile. It was truly a great summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mr. F! posted:

Ok another top game of mine is Timesplitters 2. I bought it for my friend for his birthday, (I bought a copy shortly afterwards because it was so awesome) and we played it all summer before i moved to japan. It was such a tight game and I always look back on the time my friend and I spent together that summer and smile. It was truly a great summer.
You are the Ice Climbers.

Edit This is not an insult.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 7, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Zelda 2 link is probably the best link because he has ridiculous power

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Timesplitters 2, eh?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Braces in multiplayer or gtfo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

First session of SAMafia dungeons and dragons happened.

https://phandelverstormkingandbeyond.obsidianportal.com/

if you wanna follow along.

hmm pretty sure I seen this introduction before.... a lot...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just tried to watch Suicide Squad in a stream because one of my friends was streaming it, and I got about five minutes in, to the first Harley/Joker bit, and I just

I had to bail because I started having an actual anxiety attack. I've never even been in an abusive relationship, what the gently caress. :psyduck:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just tried to watch Suicide Squad in a stream because one of my friends was streaming it, and I got about five minutes in, to the first Harley/Joker bit, and I just

I had to bail because I started having an actual anxiety attack. I've never even been in an abusive relationship, what the gently caress. :psyduck:

Is that part of why it's got such a horrible score on RT, IMDB etc.? I haven't actually gone to see it, partly because I assume if everyone thinks that a movie is bad, then it's probably bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's not good because it is a bunch of movies smashed together and it ends up being a bunch of bad action scenes with no transistion

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

It's not good because it is a bunch of movies smashed together and it ends up being a bunch of bad action scenes with no transistion

Fair enough. Added to the "If it's free on Netflix and I'm drunk" list.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is that part of why it's got such a horrible score on RT, IMDB etc.? I haven't actually gone to see it, partly because I assume if everyone thinks that a movie is bad, then it's probably bad.
There is an extended sequence in the beginning where the movie spends a good several minutes essentially glorifying a horrifying abusive relationship. Like, yes, maybe it's supposed to be portrayed as abusive, but the context and the subtext don't match up.

It'd be like if at the end of Rambo 3, Stallone turned to the camera and tried to re-float the "war is hell" theme from the first one. Sorry, guys, you kind of screwed the pooch on that already!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Poison Mushroom posted:

There is an extended sequence in the beginning where the movie spends a good several minutes essentially glorifying a horrifying abusive relationship. Like, yes, maybe it's supposed to be portrayed as abusive, but the context and the subtext don't match up.

It'd be like if at the end of Rambo 3, Stallone turned to the camera and tried to re-float the "war is hell" theme from the first one. Sorry, guys, you kind of screwed the pooch on that already!

Haha that would be an awesome ending to Rambo 3

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Snooze Cruise posted:

hmm pretty sure I seen this introduction before.... a lot...

Yea it's a popular 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons module duhhh. Jeez.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I had a ton of fun playing D&D. Cpig is a really good DM! I didn't call someone a shitbag the entire time though, so it's definitely not as good as mafia.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I had a ton of fun playing D&D. Cpig is a really good DM! I didn't call someone a shitbag the entire time though, so it's definitely not as good as mafia.

sounds like you're not a paladin

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

Yea it's a popular 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons module duhhh. Jeez.

waitaminute

did u say something from d&d popular? ha in what, wizarding nerd school?!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the jocks play shadowrun and the preps 7th sea

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The goths play Apocalypse World.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

First session of SAMafia dungeons and dragons happened.

https://phandelverstormkingandbeyond.obsidianportal.com/

if you wanna follow along.

"greenskinned fuckmidgets" :laffo:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Podima posted:

"greenskinned fuckmidgets" :laffo:

You can thank AR for that wonderful curse as the party attempted to come up with the perfect goblin insult.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Timesplitters 2 is ok I guess but it isn't great.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
timesplitter is an amazing series, and I love the lovely map maker and the monkeys.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
halloween is 3 weeks away :stonk:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Idk I've been in an horrifically abusive relationship and suicide squad didn't really do much to me

I also think it's a better movie than most in spite of its flaws

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Idk I've been in an horrifically abusive relationship and suicide squad didn't really do much to me

I also think it's a better movie than most in spite of its flaws

Now we finally know that Taste wanting to be a contrarian trumps all else when it comes to his opinions.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's a light, entertaining ensemble action flick that suffers from trying to do too much. A lot more forgivable than say bvs or age of ultron

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It was a fun, enjoyable film. I think you take film too seriously if you couldn't enjoy it. My only sticking point is Harley seemed horribly written.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Now we finally know that Taste wanting to be a contrarian trumps all else when it comes to his opinions.

"finally"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

It was a fun, enjoyable film. I think you take film too seriously if you couldn't enjoy it. My only sticking point is Harley seemed horribly written.

Robbie did really well with what she was given (outside of the accent)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Age of Ultron was bad, I agree, and I'm in the minority on liking Batman v Superman and Man of Steel, but Suicide Squad was the most incomprehensible plot I've ever seen in a superhero movie, and that's a low loving bar to limbo under.

I agree parts of it were enjoyable though. It's not a poo poo movie, it's just a D+ with beats that make it seem like it easily could've been a B+.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What's incomprehensible about villains come together to stop a worse villain

It's been told for like centuries if not millennia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's like one of those puzzles any third grader can solve but adults overthink it ten ways from Sunday

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's like one of those puzzles any third grader can solve but adults overthink it ten ways from Sunday

everyone knows you can draw a line outside the maze that connects the entrance to the exit, but that's not the point

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

:abuela:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Age of Ultron was bad?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMNFaAUs2mo

They put together a squad of villains for no real reason instead of a squad of heroes, and then the villain that they fight ended up being one of the people originally in the squad, but they still try to paint the person who created the whole operation as a smart, competent person instead of a complete idiot.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i've been confusing kashuno and kaschei for a very long time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In a universe where even the laws of physics aren't dependable I'd argue that the origin and the destination are the only things that really matter. Still, even if that doesn't satisfy you there's still clear motivation and development for all the major characters. Sure, some aren't all that deep relative to others, but there's nothing I didn't understand going in blind.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMNFaAUs2mo

They put together a squad of villains for no real reason instead of a squad of heroes, and then the villain that they fight ended up being one of the people originally in the squad, but they still try to paint the person who created the whole operation as a smart, competent person instead of a complete idiot.

There are like two living heroes in dcu right now, and neither would be inclined to be a hit squad to cover up a government plan to create a safeguard against themselves.

Enchantress is clearly an accident that was mishandled and pretty much every major character mocks her for it. Note she wasn't really part of the squad itself anyway, she's just there as leverage for funding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Note I forgot flash shows up briefly but I think it's fair to say Waller would only really have awareness of the big two left from bvs