Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hay guys I heard Half Life 3 will be an NX exclusive!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Real talk though, no news in October would be a clear indication that a delay was very likely.

no news at e3 and no news before or after tgs was already a clear indicator that they felt it would gently caress up their holiday quarter and we'll hear about it in january

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The NX has gotten loose and they need to recapture it before they can reveal it to the world

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Could be that they'll announce the NX when they have some games to showcase it with. I dunno, Nintendo has always been unpredictable.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[standing in middle of one of those giant wizard planetariums with a date taped to each celestial object]

nintendo... hmm..... g-gah...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Their last WiiU game came out today, so they are pretty much clear to announce it whenever.

I really really like this game, Paper Mario: Color Splash, by the way. I'm so glad I got it two weeks early due to them loving up. I have just about %100ed it and am in the last level now. I'll have to check my time on the game, but it's been a solid amount.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cloud? Oh my god Cloud, what happened to you after you fell in the lifestream? Doctor, what's wrong with him?

"I dunno, he was clutching a portable console and raving about some nonsense."

zeno N... X...

quote:

Xenogears Chronicles Y, exclusive for the NX day and date with the FFVII remake!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

greatn posted:

Their last WiiU game came out today

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
yeeeeesh is that the real box art

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
That's a game for the Nintendo NX, Nintendo's upcoming console-portable hybrid, friend.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The last exclusive Nintendo game

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The last Nintendo game.

Before they become a cell phone only company.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
hmm am I gonna trust in nintendo or goons... I believe the NX will come out March 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Raserys posted:

hmm am I gonna trust in nintendo or goons... I believe the NX will come out March 2017

What if Reggie is a goon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't know man i painted some sales figures and quarterly deadlines on the backs of turtles and i am NOT liking how they're walking around in this pen

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

My turtles don't walk because my anticipation for the NX has caused me to sit and stare directly into the face of them and they seem to only want to hide in their shell.

loving do something Reggie!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

greatn posted:

Their last WiiU game came out today, so they are pretty much clear to announce it whenever.

I really really like this game, Paper Mario: Color Splash, by the way. I'm so glad I got it two weeks early due to them loving up. I have just about %100ed it and am in the last level now. I'll have to check my time on the game, but it's been a solid amount.

Pretty much. I doubt the NX would somehow get in the way of Pokemon SM selling gangbusters, and the NES Mini is such a different thing for a different audience that it shouldn't matter.

Still, if they think it'd compete with them for some reason, then, well, gently caress, the announcement would happen after Black Friday (25th of November) which sucks.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I mean they announced that splatoon competition in march where you could win an NX. It'd be strange to go "LOL just kidding" on that one.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

pleased to be able to confirm that colour splash is cool and good

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

youcallthatatwist posted:

I mean they announced that splatoon competition in march where you could win an NX. It'd be strange to go "LOL just kidding" on that one.

Wasn't that taking place after the announced launch date?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There is no U in color splash. Not even your European version.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

Wasn't that taking place after the announced launch date?

A delay could effect that.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Phantasium posted:

The NX fell off Snake Way and now it's going to take even longer to get there.

Home For Indefinite DeLays

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

irlZaphod posted:

I still believe that the NX will be available in March of 2017 AD.

Assuming that AD here means "in Another Dimension", I agree.

Phantasium posted:

My turtles don't walk because my anticipation for the NX has caused me to sit and stare directly into the face of them and they seem to only want to hide in their shell.

loving do something Reggie!

Innocent turtles should not have to suffer because Reggie has no human empathy!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
*sticks my head out of my disgusting dirt home, sees own shadow*

another two weeks with no NX announcement. delays probable

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[runs mba over nintendo's stock report like ouija board]

d... e... l...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

How can something be released late when no date is announced? Checkmate, atheists.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

If all you scared motherfuckers would just talk to the creepy clowns, they would tell you when the NX is coming out.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The creepy clowns are in fact an ARG by Nintendo. It will finish when one random lucky child from every state, who has no knowledge of this ARG, Is abducted by a creepy clown. The first team or group of panicked police officers to follow the clues to their state's lucky kidnapped child will find them shaking and traumatized with an envelope containing the NX release date. All the other lucky abductee winners will be given to the clowns as a mix of payment and tribute

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It is not the Nintendo Way to appease those poor souls bent and twisted by the gnarled hands of modern commerce, but instead to release a finished, quality product when it is ready to be enjoyed.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Yeah. It's gonna be loving impossible to just go "congrats. We will have it shipped to you for launch day when it comes out."

Nintendo has to give them the console right then and there. You've broken the hidden secrets of contest law. Nintendo needs that poo poo out ASAP or else whoever wins that gonna sue them into oblivion.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The NX you can play is not the true NX.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's pretty cool they still sent the guy who won it some stuff when it became obvious the movie wasn't happening :unsmith: https://www.destructoid.com/meet-the-winner-of-nintendo-power-s-the-mask-ii-contest-287112.phtml

Electromax
May 6, 2007

oddium posted:

[runs mba over nintendo's stock report like ouija board]

d... e... l...

https://youtu.be/IFUlmEJqgys

Electromax fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 7, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Awesome Welles posted:

It's pretty cool they still sent the guy who won it some stuff when it became obvious the movie wasn't happening :unsmith: https://www.destructoid.com/meet-the-winner-of-nintendo-power-s-the-mask-ii-contest-287112.phtml

Man, NP asked him if he wanted anything else to make up for it. He could have had anything in the world! He asked for Pilotwings64.

A pro choice.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I would've asked for them not to sell Rare

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/PW0O5GppFUk

Hard choices.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Did whatever damned soul willing to enter and able to win that contest get a spot in Son of the Mask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Anidav posted:

I would've asked for them not to sell Rare

That'd be a weird thing to ask for in 1996.

• Locked thread