Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
one opie moment that always sticks in my head as one of the most awkward and painful things to listen to is when ant is telling patrice how he isn't attracted to black girls and ope repeatedly says 'noo!! GHETTO BLACK!! right patrice? GHETTO black?'

sure ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Lol at Sam's self description as an "albino Ethiopian"

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

AxisofIdiocy posted:

One day opie will utter something lovely enough that jim and sam will finally say "gently caress it" and open up both barrels on him.

Sam got into it a bit today and was very reserved and basically said "I took my opportunities, ran with them and worked like a motherfucker rather than staying on the pre/post-show, producing the main show and hoping Opie didn't pull the plug on the whole thing".

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

Sam got into it a bit today and was very reserved and basically said "I took my opportunities, ran with them and worked like a motherfucker rather than staying on the pre/post-show, producing the main show and hoping Opie didn't pull the plug on the whole thing".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkUjt5N8VUA

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Sam is Bobby Hill and Gregg "Opie" Hughes is Mr. Wichard who threw a fit because his Go-To Guy wouldn't cross a race track with a race in progress to bring him a soda.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I wonder if Opie is jealous that a dude that used to get him sandwiches is now running a better received show than he is.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Lovechop posted:

one opie moment that always sticks in my head as one of the most awkward and painful things to listen to is when ant is telling patrice how he isn't attracted to black girls and ope repeatedly says 'noo!! GHETTO BLACK!! right patrice? GHETTO black?'

sure ok

In old radio war bits, Opie would always do loud sarcastic laughing whenever anybody called him a board op or the least funny person on the show, and it was always super obvious that it bothered him. That's my biggest Opie memory.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I tuned into Opie's show this afternoon and heard him and Doug Benson talking about their allergies. Went right to Lithium.

SnatchRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 7, 2016

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
drat, Sam owning the poo poo out of everybody

red19fire
May 26, 2010

SnatchRabbit posted:

I tuned into Opie's show this afternoon and heard him and Doug Benson talking about their allergies. Went right to Lithium.

It boggles my mind that this is the guest Opie and Jim & Sam were fighting over like a child in a bitter divorce.

also,

red19fire posted:

I'd imagine it would take r/o&a about a day to cut together a Greatest Hits of Opie praising Sam on air.

yup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMSJzkVJdI&t=195s

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

red19fire posted:

It boggles my mind that this is the guest Opie and Jim & Sam were fighting over like a child in a bitter divorce.
It just the principle, Doug has always been a terribly boring guest with a sleepy meek voice and that's why nobody ever had him back

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I don't know what you're talking about. Stoners talking about movies in a low energy voice makes for gripping radio.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
I hated Sam. Sam worked hard. Now Sam is good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

A normal person would feel proud when a former protégé achieves a level of success. Maybe even recognize that as a measure of their own success. Greg "Opie" Hughes is just an insecure bitch about it, though. What a loving baby.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Space shuttle Endeavooooour

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Just was listening to that clip, Kevyn. SPAY'SHUL ENDEVEEEEER

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Smugworth posted:

A normal person would feel proud when a former protégé achieves a level of success. Maybe even recognize that as a measure of their own success. Greg "Opie" Hughes is just an insecure bitch about it, though. What a loving baby.

that success took the form of sam roberts taking his old job and he was shunted into a new, less prestigious spot with a massive pay cut

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

stealie72 posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. Stoners talking about movies in a low energy voice makes for gripping radio.
I'm all for pot talk, but more Rogan style than Doug

I think that was sarcasm but gently caress it, opinion stands

Law Cheetah posted:

that success took the form of sam roberts taking his old job and he was shunted into a new, less prestigious spot with a massive pay cut
It's the mental leap of thinking the guy in the graveyard shift could somehow have any sort of pull versus the radio veteran that makes Opie seem psychotic. So that's probably not actually it. I'm guessing the real reason he went after Sam is cowardice, he can't rage against Jim or SIRIUS so that's the only easy target left, the one who he knows has zero pull, the one he knows has been left dumpster diving for his crumbs for years.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

CrashCat posted:

I'm all for pot talk, but more Rogan style than Doug

gently caress that poo poo. Rogan is a dumb conspiracy nut that thinks his drug use makes him enlightened. Doug just likes being stoned and talking about movies. He may suck with Opie but that's Opie's fault since Doug is always fun and interactive when he's on Bennington. Doug & Ron & Gail talk movies which is his wheelhouse, not some viral video bullshit or news story Opie wants his input on.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Well I am also badly versed in movie lore and feel bad when Benningtons get into some thing I haven't seen or heard (which is always) so that's a factor.

But yeah it's probably mostly Opie

Tr33
May 26, 2007

JFC posted:

gently caress that poo poo. Rogan is a dumb conspiracy nut that thinks his drug use makes him enlightened. Doug just likes being stoned and talking about movies. He may suck with Opie but that's Opie's fault since Doug is always fun and interactive when he's on Bennington. Doug & Ron & Gail talk movies which is his wheelhouse, not some viral video bullshit or news story Opie wants his input on.

while this is all true, I still like crazy rear end rogan

edit: Forgot why I was posting: who do you guys think is the dude in Opie's ear Sam was talking about?

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Tr33 posted:

while this is all true, I still like crazy rear end rogan

edit: Forgot why I was posting: who do you guys think is the dude in Opie's ear Sam was talking about?

The consensus seems to be E-Rock.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
of course it was, that's Opie's only remaining friend in the business

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

JFC posted:

I'm not a big movie buff, but I checked out the Doug Loves Movies podcast that led to him and Burt Kreischer being mad at eachother (Burt recorded a podcast of the two of them working through it, it's a pretty interesting listen), and yeah, Doug Benson is good at doing Doug Benson things like chatting about movies or talking about weed in a fun way like on his Getting Doug With High show.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

Keg posted:

I'm not a big movie buff, but I checked out the Doug Loves Movies podcast that led to him and Burt Kreischer being mad at eachother (Burt recorded a podcast of the two of them working through it, it's a pretty interesting listen), and yeah, Doug Benson is good at doing Doug Benson things like chatting about movies or talking about weed in a fun way like on his Getting Doug With High show.

How could anyone be mad at Burt Kreischer? He's such a big dumb animal.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I remember Kreischer and Jay Mohr had a dumb little feud a bunch of years ago over a Tracey Morgan story. No idea what the status of them is right now but it basically all came down to Jay Mohr being incredibly insecure, anxious mess who takes everything super personally for no reason.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

beep by grandpa posted:

I remember Kreischer and Jay Mohr had a dumb little feud a bunch of years ago over a Tracey Morgan story. No idea what the status of them is right now but it basically all came down to Jay Mohr being incredibly insecure, anxious mess who takes everything super personally for no reason.

Jay Mohr is an odd duck like that. I remember him going after Otto for no reason, trying to convince other comedians that he's figured out Chappelles act (punchlines in a white voice) and nobody agreeing more than a 'huh, I guess, maybe?' and of course melting down on the phone after Gervais and Louie CK lightly poked at him in studio.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Jay Mohr is an odd duck like that. I remember him going after Otto for no reason, trying to convince other comedians that he's figured out Chappelles act (punchlines in a white voice) and nobody agreeing more than a 'huh, I guess, maybe?' and of course melting down on the phone after Gervais and Louie CK lightly poked at him in studio.

To be fair about Jay Mohrs, that phoner after Louie and Ricky were in studio was loving hilarious.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Jay Mohr desperately calling in to ron and fez trying to get a celebrity impression over and no matter what he does, Ronnie going "Jesus. Jay. You're the greatest ever. I can't believe this. Just like him. Fantastic. Thanks for calling in Jay. No really you're incredible. It's incredible. Thanks for calling in." was always funny to me when I still listened.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Under the vegetable posted:

Jay Mohr desperately calling in to ron and fez trying to get a celebrity impression over and no matter what he does, Ronnie going "Jesus. Jay. You're the greatest ever. I can't believe this. Just like him. Fantastic. Thanks for calling in Jay. No really you're incredible. It's incredible. Thanks for calling in." was always funny to me when I still listened.

This is why Bennington is the man.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

SnatchRabbit posted:

How could anyone be mad at Burt Kreischer? He's such a big dumb animal.

I forget most of it, but Bert got too drunk during a live Doug Loves Movies podcast and brought a bag of hamburgers on stage after Doug asked him not to a bunch of times. Basically, Bert wanted to be the center of attention.

http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/4402284

Keg fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 9, 2016

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Hey does anyone know when Nick Mullen was on Bennington? This thread recommended Cum Town awhile back; I finally got around to it, and now I can't stop listening to it. Easily my new favorite thing to listen to. I'm curious to hear how he interacted with Ron.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

How Much Art posted:

Hey does anyone know when Nick Mullen was on Bennington? This thread recommended Cum Town awhile back; I finally got around to it, and now I can't stop listening to it. Easily my new favorite thing to listen to. I'm curious to hear how he interacted with Ron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkyIAb1kLN0&t=7022s

Twitter-fu tips: Search @BenningtonShow, @NickMullen in twitter's search bar, and you'll usually find tweets about being on the show together.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

jerkstoresup posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkyIAb1kLN0&t=7022s

Twitter-fu tips: Search @BenningtonShow, @NickMullen in twitter's search bar, and you'll usually find tweets about being on the show together.

Thanks Cousin!

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
I'd tapped out of the channel for a long time, but I'm totally loving the morning Jam. It almost reminds me of Special Delivery.

But... can somebody explain the Teft thing to me? I missed how it started.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."

Apoplexy posted:

To be fair about Jay Mohrs, that phoner after Louie and Ricky were in studio was loving hilarious.

You mean the phoner where he was upset that he didn't get enough attention when he was in studio with Louie, Ricky and Ronny B so he decided to call in and talk poo poo about them after the fact? That was one of his douchiest moments. And yet... yes, his impression of Louie and Ricky was funny. I will never deny that he does some amazing impressions (except for his impression of Bob Kelly, which is really just an impression of Jim Norton's impression of Bob Kelly) and can be hilarious at times, but god do I not like that guy.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I dont mind Jay in small bursts and like the guy above me said he does funny impressions, but drat sometimes he just needs to get his poo poo in and go, and I feel for Ronnie when he's trying to wrap it up without being rude.

Edited because ending with a comma? Wtf, me?

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 10, 2016

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I can put up with a lot of Jay Mohr's stupidity as long as he keeps doing his spot on Colin Quinn and Chris Penn impressions. He's great on Bennington because it's Jay in small doses.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

He does these impressions you'd think it was the real people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I will never stop loving him doing Colin Quinn in Reservoir Dogs with Bobby in the back seat shot.

• Locked thread