Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The Big Taff Man posted:

Just looked in the archives and you once said "I dont think theres anything wrong with Jimmy Saville, hes just a bit eccentric" so I'm not sure I can take your opinion on Tom in good faith
Haha did I really? I have no idea if you're joking!

Edit: also I don't understand the comment about my reg date

Akuma fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The Big Taff Man posted:

Just looked in the archives and you once said "I dont think theres anything wrong with Jimmy Saville, hes just a bit eccentric" so I'm not sure I can take your opinion on Tom in good faith

helldumping some random dude over Bake Off... :monocle:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

Haha did I really? I have no idea if you're joking!

Edit: also I don't understand the comment about my reg date

..I think some people 'bought' that particular date as a reg date to seem cool or edgy - I vaguely recall reading that somewhere on the forums...

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Rondette posted:

..I think some people 'bought' that particular date as a reg date to seem cool or edgy - I vaguely recall reading that somewhere on the forums...
Oh. No I'm pretty sure I just registered then. 15 years holy poo poo! I remember lurking with somebody else's account in like 2000 so that would fit.

In any case, Tom was a standup gent.

Please don't look this post up when he gets convicted.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

WeAreTheRomans posted:

helldumping some random dude over Bake Off... :monocle:

Ive got a good memory and a notebook where I keep all my notes on TV IV posters

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Under Akuma it says "Once posted "I dont think theres anything wrong with Jimmy Saville, hes just a bit eccentric""

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
You truly are a scholar Taff

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

WeAreTheRomans posted:

You truly are a scholar Taff

Found the post in the archives

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Akuma posted:

Oh. No I'm pretty sure I just registered then. 15 years holy poo poo! I remember lurking with somebody else's account in like 2000 so that would fit.

In any case, Tom was a standup gent.

Please don't look this post up when he gets convicted.

Nobody was registered on that date. Back then, account purchases were processed manually, and none were processed that day. Not long after the opportunity to pay $10 to 'upgrade' your regdate to that date became available. The only way to have that regdate is for somebody to have paid for it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Interesting. Very interesting. I have no memory of doing that but I can't argue with the facts.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Actually it's possible that a mod or admin gave it away as a freebie at some point too but now we're a long way from talking about how creepy Tom is.

On topic, I'm planning to watch National Treasure part 3 tonight.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
What I also didn't like about Tom is that almost everything he made seemed like it would be disgusting to me. Just a load of loving weird and not tasty ingredients all over the place, fannying about trying to make something unique but usually just making some horrible sounding shite

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I thought those manky cakes he did this week looked like dried out prawn sandwiches. It seems that some of these bakers just don't think through what their idea is and visualise how they'll do it in the time they have, and how the end product will look. A load of loving idiot bitches.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I was rewatching the old series' and it seems they had a lot more time.
This seasons show stoppers have been pretty shite tbh.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bape Culture posted:

I was rewatching the old series' and it seems they had a lot more time.
This seasons show stoppers have been pretty shite tbh.

Maybe all the good bakers have already been on it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

Maybe all the good bakers have already been on it

My time to shine :twisted:
I got my kitchenaid today so I am almost ready

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

It does feel like everybody is worse this series. Like none of them are consistent at all.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

On topic, I'm planning to watch National Treasure part 3 tonight.

Prepare for a wonderful performance by Julie Walters, and to end the show with a wondering of is Robbie Coltrane really a nonce

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Akuma posted:

It does feel like everybody is worse this series. Like none of them are consistent at all.

IMO Selasie, Benjamina, Jane and Candice are top tier contestants

Andrew was my wife's week one dark horse pick so she's rooting for him

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Big Taff Man posted:

Prepare for a wonderful performance by Julie Walters, and to end the show with a wondering of is Robbie Coltrane really a nonce

I'm wondering that right now. Brave of Robbie to put his problems on telly like this.

The Big Taff Man posted:

IMO Selasie, Benjamina, Jane and Candice are top tier contestants

Andrew was my wife's week one dark horse pick so she's rooting for him

Have you noticed how 'saucy' Candice is? Maybe i'm hyper sensitive to it but there seems to have been a lot of innuendo especially early on in the series.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Akuma posted:

That's the time thing

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

Have you noticed how 'saucy' Candice is? Maybe i'm hyper sensitive to it but there seems to have been a lot of innuendo especially early on in the series.

I cant help but feel that shes a little too saucy, like she's spotted a niche market for a saucy baker. Maybe next week on the show her showstopper will be a baguette lodged between two cream buns

Akuma, any behind the scenes gossip you can provide on what the other contestants are like?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

Everything's innuendo on GBBO. This episode started with Tom saying "it's not as hard as I'd like" immediately followed by Andrew saying how wet something was.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pissflaps posted:

I thought those manky cakes he did this week looked like dried out prawn sandwiches.

I too thought they looked like disgusting prawn cocktail filling. And that all his flavour combos sounded rank. Also, anyone who uses macha tea as an ingredient is a knob who latches onto fad ingredients because they lack a palate of their own.

Also Candice is hot as hell and I fully encourage the cheap innuendo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

Found the post in the archives

Hmmmmm.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

It's definitive

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Paperhouse posted:

It's definitive

I didn't post in this thread on October 31st 2011 :colbert:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

I didn't post in this thread on October 31st 2011 :colbert:

Who said it was this thread?

It was the Jimmy Saville RIP thread, he'd died the day before if I recall. The real mystery is who is the person who you're quoting

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

The Big Taff Man posted:

Who said it was this thread?

It was the Jimmy Saville RIP thread, he'd died the day before if I recall. The real mystery is who is the person who you're quoting

my money says it's you

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

The "i don't find her very attractive and her voice irritates me" was something Taff posted years ago about a female presenter or comedian (gonna guess Josie Long/Holly Walsh?) and then someone got upset about it.

The fact that I remember poo poo like this and not the exact date of my own mother's birthday reflects poorly on me.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
It was Fearne Cotton. My question is, what kind of coincidence was it that Pissflaps posted

quote:

He's creepy as gently caress are you his mam or something?

in both that thread and also in this thread, yesterday?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Captain Mediocre posted:

The "i don't find her very attractive and her voice irritates me" was something Taff posted years ago about a female presenter or comedian (gonna guess Josie Long/Holly Walsh?) and then someone got upset about it.

It was Konnie Huq and Taff's still wrong That makes no sense it was Fearn Cotton :colbert:

Anyway I was more suspicious of the fact Pissflaps's purported post from 2011 is something he said in this thread yesterday :ssh:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's my catchphrase I've been using it for years in different threads.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Jimmy Saville pulled down his tracksuit bottoms and exposed himself to a young woman saying 'how's about that then'.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Jimmy Saville pulled down his tracksuit bottoms and exposed himself to a young woman saying 'how's about that then'.

I can't believe he stole my idea

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Taff was right about Fearne

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture posted:

I can't believe he stole my idea

How's about that then.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

Taff was right about Fearne

I fancied Fearne when she used to present DIGIT! with that big eared twat whose name escapes me way back in 1997/8. This was okay because I was both 17 and usually still drunk from the night before and off to work in the fat mines of the Golden Arches

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I fancied Fearne when she used to present DIGIT! with that big eared twat whose name escapes me way back in 1997/8. This was okay because I was both 17 and usually still drunk from the night before and off to work in the fat mines of the Golden Arches

Des!

Wonder what happened to him. I don't think that was his real name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

Des!

Wonder what happened to him. I don't think that was his real name

all I can remember is his loving ears and his loving irritating voice. Seriously, him talking at 7am almost always made me want to throttle the little bastard