Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Thankfully SuMo's plot will be free of genocidal dipshits trying to destroy reality, since Team Skull are just punks and the Aether foundation's goal is to take care of battered Pokeymans.

...right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like seeing how Pokemon Generations reimagines all of the locations.

Looking forward to the Old Chateau episode with Cheryl. :ghost:

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Pentaro posted:

Thankfully SuMo's plot will be free of genocidal dipshits trying to destroy reality, since Team Skull are just punks and the Aether foundation's goal is to take care of battered Pokeymans.

They dropped gyms, it's possible they'll drop the "Team Idiots cause apocalypse" shtick.

It could happen, but the Aether foundation being legitimate would be a bigger plot twist than them being an antagonist.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
Words is that 2016HOOPA code is over Sunday for North America. So if you haven't done so, get on it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Ultra Beasts will probably threaten an ecological catastrophe.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

The Ultra Beasts will probably threaten an ecological catastrophe.

And probably created by the Aether Foundation.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Guzma will arrive to the scene holding a pile of Zygarde cells with a bunch more bursting out of his pockets in order to power up Zygarde to 100% and take down the Super Mega Ultra Beast the Aether Foundation made.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Gen 2 has the best story because it was the last Pokemon game I played as a physical child
All the other games' stories suck because I never actually played them

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

oddium posted:

gen 2's story is the only good one, and johto is the prettiest region. Win Win

What I've realized from Generations is that Johto is the region of boring rear end stories and monologues.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shneak posted:

What I've realized from Generations is that Johto is the region of boring rear end stories and monologues.

Doesn't that describe Sinnoh, too? :v:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Doesn't that describe Sinnoh, too? :v:

Nah. DPP's story revolves around a cult leader wanting to create an entire dimension for himself by using literal gods banished by the creator of the universe.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lets just skip some posts and go to the story rankings already

5>4>2>1>3>>>6

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Shneak posted:

Nah. DPP's story revolves around a cult leader wanting to create an entire dimension for himself by using literal gods banished by the creator of the universe.

He also has body parts removed from the embodiments of the basic elements of the human psyche to contain said gods.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

2 > 1 > the rest > literal trash from the trashcan in my kitchen > the popplio line

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I think you can still safely say that the popplio line isn't as bad as the plot in xy

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Calaveron posted:

I think you can still safely say that the popplio line isn't as bad as the plot in xy

nah the popplio line needs more dunking

its v bad

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I wish people would say what they don't like about Popplio and its lovely sisters.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shuttlecock face

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

6 is the best of the four bad plots because a non-beautiful world does deserve to be purged and a giant laser under stonehenge powered by a big bad bird is the way to do it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pentaro posted:

Its your boy Guzma here to start a nuclear war

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Guzma doesn't need to unleash a nuclear war, because he already drops bombs when he gets on the mic.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Lets just skip some posts and go to the story rankings already

5>4>2>1>3>>>6

Sounds about right.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Guzma doesn't need to unleash a nuclear war, because he already drops bombs when he gets on the mic.

:yeah:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wonder if all the Giovanni stuff in Generations means that he will pop up at all? S&M seems to be banking on gen 1 nostalgia more than the other recent gens.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

At least with Blue and Silver arc I think we're gonna get a rival story and a world story with each update now so next time get ready for Wally and Probably Steven and Wallace shenanigans.

Gen 5's stuff will probably N's childhood and a fun time hour with Cheren and Bianca.

I'm psyched for my guy Barry in like a month.

Edit:

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wonder if all the Giovanni stuff in Generations means that he will pop up at all? S&M seems to be banking on gen 1 nostalgia more than the other recent gens.

Giovanni left to cry in a waterfall and then got beat by children again and subsequently ran away a second time. He is a big ol' loser and will never again return.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The best kind of story is no story at all. So by that fact, Gen I is the best, because it's the closest to having no story.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wouldn't mind less Generation 1 nostalgia, to be honest. It's been getting turned up a lot ever since Generation 5.

But anyway, seeing Giovanni again wouldn't be terrible.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

The best kind of story is no story at all. So by that fact, Gen I is the best, because it's the closest to having no story.
Pokemon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

Its your boy Guzma here to start a nuclear war

It's ya boy Guzma, telling ya that today is the purge

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Turns out that Guzma's iconic quote was taking out of context, he was talking to his dad, Giovanni.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Pentaro posted:

Pokemon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy.

My first ever Pokemon game. I still know most of the music in my head.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Turns out that Guzma's iconic quote was taking out of context, he was talking to his dad, Giovanni.

Silver grew up skinny, drat

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the dialogue in these generations shorts can be pretty amazing

looker: giovani disappeared 3 years ago. when did you last see him?
silver: 3 years ago
looker: 3 years ago!?

and then looker realizes that the pokemon trainer standing outside of the pokemon league wants to challenge the pokemon league. you're a very good detective, looker

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I bet the Eugene short has some dumb dialogue too, but no human is capable of listening to the entire thing.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Awwww yeaaaaaah, get shwifty

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I bet the Eugene short has some dumb dialogue too, but no human is capable of listening to the entire thing.

"Ho-oh restored the Pokemon back to life with its rainbow-colored shining power."

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

the dialogue in these generations shorts can be pretty amazing

looker: giovani disappeared 3 years ago. when did you last see him?
silver: 3 years ago
looker: 3 years ago!?

and then looker realizes that the pokemon trainer standing outside of the pokemon league wants to challenge the pokemon league. you're a very good detective, looker

his name is looker. it ain't thinker.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if Looker is going to keep showing up. I also wonder if any female protagonists are going to appear.

Since it seems to be three episodes per region, I doubt we're going to see Kris given that was the last Johto episode. :smith:

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Surprised she wasn't in the the episode themed around the only game she was in.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Giovanni will appear in Sun and Moon as a vacationing tourist, reminiscing on his days as a crime boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder if Looker is going to keep showing up. I also wonder if any female protagonists are going to appear.

Since it seems to be three episodes per region, I doubt we're going to see Kris given that was the last Johto episode. :smith:

kris is non canonical. lyra consumed her essence