Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Build a projector and load it with a blueprint. Then get to welding.

Later, automate the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sorus posted:

Build a projector and load it with a blueprint. Then get to welding.

Later, automate the process.

Save yourself a headache and get the Twin Welders mod when you do the latter, as they have a much larger area of effect.

Also, make sure you enable oxygen in the savegame settings (accessed from the Load Game menu), and that there are conveyors linked from the oxygen tank to your cockpit.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Don't try to build anything but turrets early on. That gives you free parts by way of drone, and keeps your poo poo safe and sorted. I don't do anything on new starts until there are 5 turrets between my base and the pirate base.

Keep the provided mining ship. It's hella bad, but actually functional, and will allow you to mine those first few scoops of all materials that will get you to experimenting and building a proper vessel and docking cradle for it.

(My current design is one that has it's mining parts facing down, and simply lowers itself into the ground like some sort of reverse chicken, and has circular docking cradle with a hole in the middle to accommodate it.)

Once you have a mining design you like, stock up some materials and parts, take the starter mining ship and make a hole in a mountain somewhere. Move your base there, leave a few turrets out the front of the hole and laugh at all the free stuff delivered to your door, then cry when you have to go mountaineering to get it all.

McGiggins fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 13, 2016

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Also there's no shame in tweaking your save file to enable/disable poo poo you like/dislike or to give everything 10x inventory space.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's the big monthly patch for the Stable Build this week. Development Build gets... Bugfixes!

quote:

Summary
Hello Engineers! This week’s update is mainly about bug fixes and improvements, some ModAPI changes, and there is also an update for stable branch. The update to the stable branch contains features like chat history, backup saves, improved meteors and the block rotation animation, taking it to version 1.149. You can also enjoy a sneak peak at our process of redesigning block models - we can’t wait to see how the game will look once all blocks have been redone!
This patch also brings more ModAPI changes - many thanks to Rexxar, Phoenix84 and Malware for all of their hard work! You can get all the details here: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/modapi-changes.7387237/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-0GzAlvsZU

Features
- more ModAPI changes
- Github source code updated to 01.153

Fixes
- improved pasting/copying of rotors
- improved performance (freeze) when using paint tool
- fixed rifle animation when cycling through inventory while scoped in
- fixed particle freeze on tools
- fixed the System.NullReferenceException with 3DSoundEmitter crash (Part 2)
- fixed that paint menu may be opened without holding a block
- fixed see through inv. corner armor block
- fixed issue where pasting ship into voxel made the second copy static
- fixed old saves or mods trying to call the "Cyberhound" line of code and crashing
- fixed sliding door not opening but being able to walk through them
- fixed Cargo ship spawning more than 3 times within one minute issue
- fixed crash with small LCD panel
- fixed issue with yellow "dummy" triangles
- fixed large atmospheric thrusters displaying 0% power usage when this was not the case
- fixed issue where you would hear choking sounds even when O2 was disabled
- fixed Null.Reference crash with DS when loading mods

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 01.149 Stable version
The update to the stable branch contains features like chat-history, improved meteors and the block rotation animation taking it to version 1.149.

Features
- Meteorites improvements
- Global chat history
- Mod error logging improved (thanks to Duncan)
- added auto orientation feature for block
- animated rotation box and block preview ( can be turned off in game settings )
- ModAPI updated

Fixes
- fixed character jump
- fixed pirates are not shooting grids with one block assigned to Pirates
- fixed walking on alien sand has the grass animation.
- fixed safety Locking Blocks Conveyors
- fixed log spammed when blueprint resources runs out.
- fixed uneditable grids in creative mode missions
- fixed straight conveyor tube NOT available in large grid
- fixed rotors snap after loading
- fixed welding projections are sometimes not possible
- fixed battery does not function properly through toolbar shortcuts.
- fixed turning on Projectors with stored blueprints activates the Station-laying boundary box
- fixed enable/disable Sabroids [Spiders] is missing in advanced menu
- fixed disabled thrusters still working
- fixed unable to complete 10th basic tutorial
- fixed character standing in cockpit with jetpack on
- fixed piston head connectors disapearing
- fixed small beacon block group problem
- fixed projection is not visible after turning projector off and on again
- fixed being unable to go down with atmospheric lander
- improved mouse control for character
- fixed crash in add constraint
- fixed trees being too "tough", breaking grids too easily
- fixed mirroring issues for Refinery block
- fixed Save version checking for MP and SP
- fixed no clipping caused by exiting cockpit
- fixed Small Advanced Rotor spinning when placed to empty space
- fixed ships sinking into the voxel
- fixed Pistons/Rotors wheels disconnecting when flying with ship
- fixed Blueprint exploding after locking landing gears to a grid
- fixed medium cargo container mountpoints
- fixed issue when player can't complete the fourth tutorial
- fixed placing new blocks in space creates two blocks
- fixed exiting from cockpit in survival causes to jump to third person
- fixed turrets ignoring decoys
- fixed character flying up when controlling ship remotely
- fixed new thrusters not working
- fixed 5x5 wheel suspension for mirror mode
- fixed LCD panels being pink when turned off
- fixed faint highlight on small grid
- fixed Light Armor Inverted Corner block causing clipping
- fixed 1st planetary tutorial drill not possible to equip
- fixed Antenna on Rotor can't access other antennas (Out of Broadcast range bug)
- fixed corpse waypoint does not update when moved
- fixed walking on alien sand having the grass animation
- fixed lag when placing blocks
- fixed projectors not loading blueprints in survival
- blocks in groups now remember last orientation used
- search in G-menu will find all hidden blocks now
- groups now remember the last selected block
- tweaked inverse kinematics for character in 1st person
- fixed grids list button being unclickable in terminal
- fixed character standing in cockpit after victory animation
- fixed entering cockpit while falling and exiting it
- fixed spider attack animation being too fast
- fixed rifle can't use more than 1 type of ammo
- fixed logging issues from SharpDX
- fixed Sorter draining all bouncing items in wrong direction
- fixed player position being under Cryochamber when actually inside
- fixed server rank desync
- fixed impossibility of camera rotation in front of hangar doors
- fixed rotor speed not coming back to zero at right click
- fixed stuck camera automatic zoom
- fixed crash in antenna
- fixed rotation for clients on other clients
- fixed spectator switching to character when aiming with gun
- fixed 2nd player does not see message when sitting inside cockpits of the same ship
- fixed no oxygen when near closed Sliding Door
- fixed door invisible when starting a game again after save in Cryopod
- fixed thrusters don't power up unless cycled
- fixed airvent triggers don't work
- fixed SE hangs on world load with lots of active projectors
- fixed crash at Havok.HkBreakOffListener.breakOffSubPart
- fixed inventory not being able to find containers.
- fixed elite and standard tools running at the same speed
- fixed power down grid from secondary cockpit
- fixed explosions sounds too short and the sound skips
- fixed save hangs at the loading screen
- fixed several issues with projector
- fixed memory crash in emitters
- fixed pilot in 3rd person when exiting cockpit
- fixed crash in string measuring
- fixed spawning stone when drilling stones on DS
- fixed MWM builder
- fixed advanced menu checkboxes

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I haven't played this game since before planets, but I decided to try out the planets.

Started survival on the earth like planet, barely 10fps, the steady steam of drones start messing up my single turret, I manage to dig up a handful of resources, either the conveyer system isn't set up right or I can't figure out how it works, keeping the one turret repaired is a full time job since I have to manually move poo poo between the refinery, my inventory, and the assembler, I can't seem to salvage anything from drone wrecks except iron, turret eventually dies. I decide to try attacking instead. Only 6 minutes of fuel, shot down on the first pass over, ejected, turned on jetpack and dampeners, didn't slow down in the least and died. I give planets a 2/10.

The spiders are okay looking I guess.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

counterfeitsaint posted:

I haven't played this game since before planets, but I decided to try out the planets.

Started survival on the earth like planet, barely 10fps, the steady steam of drones start messing up my single turret, I manage to dig up a handful of resources, either the conveyer system isn't set up right or I can't figure out how it works, keeping the one turret repaired is a full time job since I have to manually move poo poo between the refinery, my inventory, and the assembler, I can't seem to salvage anything from drone wrecks except iron, turret eventually dies. I decide to try attacking instead. Only 6 minutes of fuel, shot down on the first pass over, ejected, turned on jetpack and dampeners, didn't slow down in the least and died. I give planets a 2/10.

The spiders are okay looking I guess.

Do you have a conveyor block somewhere in that setup? You just need one to run a whole connected conveyor system, but the conveyor block itself gets overlooked a lot.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bondematt posted:

Do you have a conveyor block somewhere in that setup? You just need one to run a whole connected conveyor system, but the conveyor block itself gets overlooked a lot.

I didn't build it, it was the started base from the first custom world. One would assume it came with a functioning conveyor system, but maybe that's assuming too much.

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
It does, but it's also a bit fragile and they assume you're psychic and will instantly build a load of defences to shoot down the constant stream of drones. The drone bullets regularly clip through the edge of armour blocks to knock out the cargo pods and conveyor systems on the exterior walls of the base. The standard base turrets are also insufficient to stop more than a handful of drones before you've taken annoying levels of damage, but you should be able to build a couple more with the starting resources if you want to put up with that poo poo.

The best way to play on planets is the solar system map with three planets, three moons. Instead of an overly complicated megabase you start with an orbital lander with roughly the minimum you need to get going. There are no pirate outposts (as far as I'm aware - all the non-space maps aren't procedural) but you can still have cyberwolves/spiders/passing ai/etc. First order of business is to build a rover and mine a couple of packs of each material, then start building a proper base on your own terms - you may wish to edit the save settings until you've got this far before enabling the various hazards, having no way to defend your base whilst you're initially not at it is a pain.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I couldn't find any actual starting material, which was surprising. My inventory had only tools, and the entire base inventory had only fuel and bullets. There's some nearby deposits underground, but that was it.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

What I did for a "Clean Start" with pirates was load an Alien Easy Start and break the base's med bay. Then, I just take my helmet off/kill myself and respawn in the atmo lander over Earth. This gets me all of the pirate outposts to find without the huge starter base and I can start where I want. The starter base is left for you to "find" once you go interplanetary.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quote:

Summary
Hello Engineers! Today's update brings more important bug fixes and improvements - configurable block limits & performance warnings were added to the game, primarily to help server admins maintain their servers more easily. These limits can be set up in the server configurator for dedicated servers, or in world settings for singleplayer and multiplayer. Another addition is improved NPC pathfinding for wolves and sabiroids.
We’ve also got another Dev diary - this time we are revealing the upcoming visual scripting tool. One of our level designers, Jochem, will try to show you how designers are utilizing this new tool. We have no doubts that our community will be able to create some amazing scenarios when the visual scripting releases. In the meantime, our designers will continue to help improve the tool by requesting new features and reporting issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prr9i0rSTIc

Features
- Configurable block limits & Performance warnings (Guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767867448 )
- New NPC (Sabiroids and wolves) Pathfinding system (using Recast&Detour)

Bugfixes
- improved camera tilting and moving with astronaut
- improved issue with camera yaw changing when swapping between spectator and first person camera
- improved fire particles
- fixed rifle scoped in bug where you would stay scoped in with tools after using the rifle
- fixed blueprints sometimes switching between two places for no reason
- fixed decal on damaged medical stations
- removed un-ended lines in dedicated server log
- removed Armor Slope that was displayed twice in G-Screen
- removed Conveyor Tube that was displayed twice in G-Screen
- fixed issue with realistic warhead sound not being played
- fixed air tight hangar door sound in depreressurized mode
- fixed collision sounds in realistic mode with ships and grids crashing into voxel

It doesn't make it quite clear if you don't watch the video, but the block limits feature is something you set in the word settings. It won't allow ships larger than X blocks, with separate limits for Large and Small-Block ships.

Also how do you make a starfighter faster? Stick more engines on it! :eng101:

It still has the hydrogen booster rocket between the thrusters, it's just hidden in the hull now.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
My understanding is that multiplayer is broken and I should stick to single player, is that correct?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

counterfeitsaint posted:

My understanding is that multiplayer is broken and I should stick to single player, is that correct?

It varies from week-to-week, but mostly yeah. One of the big things on their to-do list is multiplayer code that isn't the wretched hack-job it is now.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I didn't think they could make the UI worse but, they did. They hid the blocks behind other blocks without any sort of hint in the controls of how to get to them and they have this really annoying thing in the middle of the screen of "Press R to change block size," without any indication of how to switch it off.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
MP is super broken this week, at least on planets and Stable version.

Phantom forces on everything, meteor showers every 30 seconds, then stations stuck in the ground just decided to start throwing a rave and murder everyone on it.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ECm2x9lCoE

:holymoley:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quote:

Summary
Hello Engineers! This week’s update brings you more parallelization improvements. Grid loading is now processed asynchronously, which translates into less freezing when copying/pasting grids and while spawning cargo ships and drones. It also significantly reduces load times.
As a small tweak to weapon balancing, we’ve added a short reload time to automated Gatling turrets so they will not fire continuously, but rather reload after 140 rounds. Bugs fixed this week include sliding doors and normal doors not being able to be grouped together, first person perspective clipping when using rifles, and jetpacks deactivating when reloading a world in a cockpit. Lastly, all duplicates in the G-Screen should be cleaned up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ECm2x9lCoE

Features
- Parallelization (Loading of grids is now processed asynchronously. This translates into less freezing during copying & pasting grids or during spawning of cargo ships, drones and using blueprints. It also significantly reduces loading times.)
- GitHub source code updated

Fixes
- added reload time to automated Gatling turrets.
- cleaned up the G-Screen by removing duplicates
- fixed sliding door and door cannot be grouped
- fixed the rendering issue when copying grid and being in bounding box of pasted grid
- fixed rifle clipping
- fixed collision detection problem for refinery build models
- fixed atmospheric thrusters creating a fake mounting point
- fixed jetpack deactivating when reloading game in-cockpit
- fixed FOV issues when deleting a jump-driving ship
- fixed drill disappearing in survival
- fixed connectors not connecting to each other
- fixed myMechanicalConnectionBlockBase issues
- fixed rebinding "Hold to look around" to another key disabling camera zoom
- fixed despawning of looted wolves closing any open inventory screen
- fixed missile turrets aiming (damaging nearby grids or trying to shoot through grids)
- fixed max. building boundaries not being shown after CTRL+V
- fixed damaged beacon particles staying at original spot
- fixed window on cockpit detaching after removing block from same grid
- fixed decal related crash in heavily modded worlds

At least they're finally putting some work into parallelization, because goddamn is that a bottleneck they should've sorted months ago.

Bondematt posted:

MP is super broken this week, at least on planets and Stable version.

Phantom forces on everything, meteor showers every 30 seconds, then stations stuck in the ground just decided to start throwing a rave and murder everyone on it.

All fixed a week or two back in the Dev build iirc.

Regular starfighter...

New ejectable reinforced-armor frame. With Little David cannons to go boop big Large Block ships with.

Also;

quote:

Medieval Engineers will be re-launching on 18th October with Planets, Area Ownership, Maps, Fast Travel, and many other new features.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At least they're finally putting some work into parallelization, because goddamn is that a bottleneck they should've sorted months ago.

It's probably almost a direct result of Xov's stream the other night where a bunch of people dead a Battlefield like deathmatch, with auto-respawning grids and such (it was pretty fun, but was really only stable in a 4v4 setup). The turret reload time was a direct result of that too.

The auto-spawning grid thing Draygo-somethingorother came up with is kinda neat, and I am thinking of a space based DM map using it.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Is ME as unstable as SE in MP?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Uncle Spriggly posted:

Is ME as unstable as SE in MP?

It's built on the same engine, and hasn't been updated in several months, so probably.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
So I've come back to check out SE and they've changed a TON of stuff like how you can mousewheel through block selection and all kinds of odd things.

One thing that's driving me up the wall is that you apparently can't zoom out any in 3rd person view anymore? I read somewhere somebody said they changed it to holding down ALT and using the mousewheel but that doesn't seem to work. So how do I do it?

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

lilspooky posted:

So I've come back to check out SE and they've changed a TON of stuff like how you can mousewheel through block selection and all kinds of odd things.

One thing that's driving me up the wall is that you apparently can't zoom out any in 3rd person view anymore? I read somewhere somebody said they changed it to holding down ALT and using the mousewheel but that doesn't seem to work. So how do I do it?

Alt works for me. Are you using a remote control/seat setup?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Nope, never works no matter what setup I'm in. Astronaut, piloting vehicle, sitting in a station. No dice. :(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Reset your controls to default then try it, any changes to keys aren't automatically added to your controls unless you reset to default.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Hahaha, whoops.

quote:

Hotfixes Development version 1.156.005:
- Fixes to Parallelization related crashes

Hotfixes Development version 1.156.006:
- Fixed issues with world corrupt files and crashes related Parallelization

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Ok so whatever is up with zoom seems to affect others as well. No matter what I do it's busted. :(

Anyways I can work around it.
So I'm planning to start a new survival game and had a plan I was hoping for some advice / help with.

My plan is to go through the solar system and setup various pirate stations so I'll have something to fight. In addition I was going to use the Exploration Enhancement mod to add extra stuff as well. Finally I was planning to design a couple of semi-custom pirate stations (basically various blueprints I've downloaded) and have them populate various parts of planets / moons / space. Now the downside is that it pretty much means they'll only spawn the standard pirate drones. I was wondering if anyone knew how to add some custom drones, like if they could point to a script or something, however Keen makes their drones work. I know it requires going into the system folder and adding these ships to the spawn files or something. Anyone have any advice or ideas on what to do overall? Anywhere I could maybe download somebody's pre-made NPC spawns that add stuff to the existing pirate spawn groups?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Stable and Dev Builds this week.

Stable Build 01.153 posted:

Features:
- more ModAPI changes

Render improvements:
- Detailed blog post: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2016/08/guest-post-by-jan-hlousek-vrage-render_25.html
- proper PBR rendering
- added HBAO from nVidia
- added static decals on models
- new tonemapping / colorization effects
- added atmosphere coverage of skybox in day time, re-tweaked all atmospheres
- improved voxel rendering
- improved spotlight shadows
- improved bloom
- improved emissivity
- improved direct and ambient lighting and shadowing
- improved grass rendering - work in progress
- improved decals on glass (damage visuals appearing when shooting the glass)
- improved impostor rendering (trees in distance) - work in progress
- data driven setup of renderer (through environment.sbc)

Common Audio Features
- Ship sounds - possibility to switch (in audio options) to power output sound mode (not speed based)
- Reverb effect in voxel caves
- Performance improvements for blocks using sounds (not updating distant emitters)
- You can switch helmet on/off in cockpits
- Tons of audio tweaks, audio bug fixes and volume balances
- New sounds (gatling, block damage effects, choking sounds, ...)
- For modders: change in IMyLandingGear interface - added IMyEntity GetAttachedEntity()

Realistic Audio
- It's a world option - everyone in the same world will have this
- Many sounds now have a “Realistic” variant
- When in space, sounds are switched to these alternate sounds
- Sound in space is transmitted only through grids or voxels
- In a ship or station you hear basic sound variants (arcade) but space sound rules are applied (you will not hear other ships)
- You can still hear sounds from your suit or tools you are using
- Many audio filters are used to modify sounds based on the player helmet and cockpit
- Sounds on planets or moons with atmosphere will behave like before, with the exception of cockpit/helmet filters (note: Earth Moon has no atmosphere)
- Added new sounds used only in this mode (like breathing)

Fixes:
- reduced memory leaks on planets
- updated all sound blocks to be less hardware demanding.
- removed "red and orange" dots particle effect from alien grass
- added correct conveyor/block icon
- fixed cargo ship freeze
- fixed sabroid freeze
- fixed override on Ion Thrusters not showing animation
- fixed dampeners animation not showing
- fixed shaking of camera when shooting and hitting enemies
- fixed swapping of tool level in creative while exiting/entering cockpit
- fixed inactive landing gear still showing that it is ready to lock even tho it is not possible
- fixed that RMB does not reset options to their default in the Options menu
- fixed camera overlay not switching when HUD is turned off
- fixed "ghost" drill that kept working after disconnecting from drill
- fixed turret not resetting to idle movement after shooting at target
- fixed turret not responding to players joining its faction in front of it
- fixed spiders being able to dig into grid
- fixed being able to still type to panels that were deleted/grinded
- fixed lander oxygen levels not being correct during descent
- fixed control panel issue with items not being displayed due to scroll bar issues
- fixed bad precision with build block when far from center of the universe
- fixed checkbox for destructible blocks not being saved
- fixed that texts is auto highlighted when splitting resources in your inventory
- fixed Atmospheric Lander dampeners not working when going up in a gravity well
-fixed issue with models refering to vanilla textures,for mods,not loading properly
-fixed a bug with weird colors (with disabled FXAA)
-fixed "metalness" of gbuffer in DrawTextToMaterial
-fixed that hardcoded size MyDeferredRenderContext was true
-fixed particles lights that were broken in VT
-fixed crash fix for DS with new render
-fixed 3000RPM on rotors (sorry!)
- improved control for thrusters on subgrids (controlling a subgrid grants you control over the thrusters now)
- removed scratches from glass
- improved and reorganized the G screen block menu
- improved the building system (Block distance is now remembered when switching between blocks, improved searching in G screen, returning "place station block" back ingame)
- pausing the game now also pauses most of the GPU particles
- removed extra curved conveyor tube from G screen
- added a function where scrolling in spectator mode does not speed up your actual movement speed when you have a block selected
- ADDLOCALGPS is no longer save to checkpoint
- fixed issue with ship inventory scroll and personal inventory
- fixed Fleeting Rival flying too close to the ground when engaging player
- fixed cubes not retaining rotation within same group
- fixed player being able to turn off enemy ship when connected
- fixed error message appearing in Tutorial 8
- fixed IsShooting boolean for IMyYserControllableGun
- fixed when splitting resources that the text field was not highlighted
- fixed when there were holes between meshes on the ground
- made MyFakes and MyCompilationSymbols foolproof for releases
- fixed issue with corrupt world due to IMyGps
- fixed airtight hangar doors blocking oxygen farms
- fixed day length now being saved when changed before loading
- fixed a issue seeing through block: 2x2x1 inv. corner
-´fixed issue with shooting glass and all particles disappearing
- fixed issue G screen,with mod, that was crashing when searching for "f"
- fixed crash to desktop with 3D.SoundEmitter
- Sound with small ships in atmosphere
- Improved ambient volume changes
- fixed crash with sound at load
- improved Sabroid behavior on grids
- fixed transparency of ghostblocks
- fixed survival building distance for small grid
- fixed Meteors coming from below the planet or the center
- fixed converting grid to dynamic, when deleting block touching voxel
- fixed issues with grid not switching to dynamic when disconnected
- fixed G-screen issues with modded blocks
- changed the distance that asteroids spawn in star system
- fixed minor spelling mistakes in game options
- fixed issue where Modded/unknown blocks pasted themselves as gatlings
- removed extra curved conveyor tube in G-screen
- fixed few particle effects
- fixed issues with hydrogen tank producing hydrogen from nothing
- improved pasting/copying of rotors
- improved performance (freeze) when using paint tool
- fixed rifle animation when cycling through inventory while scoped in
- fixed particle freeze on tools
- fixed the System.NullReferenceException with 3DSoundEmitter crash (Part 2)
- fixed that paint menu may be opened without holding a block
- fixed see through inv. corner armor block
- fixed issue where pasting ship into voxel made the second copy static
- fixed old saves or mods trying to call the "Cyberhound" line of code and crashing
- fixed sliding door not opening but being able to walk through them
- fixed Cargo ship spawning more than 3 times within one minute issue
- fixed crash with small LCD panel
- fixed issue with yellow "dummy" triangles
- fixed large atmospheric thrusters displaying 0% power usage when this was not the case
- fixed issue where you would hear choking sounds even when O2 was disabled
- fixed Null.Reference crash with DS when loading mods

Where are the Dev Build patch notes, or indeed the actual patch, I hear you ask? Well...

Drui posted:

Hello Engineers!
It seems that we wont be able to push the Space Engineers update today due to unexpected technical issues. :( We are really sorry about that - the update will be released tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Turns out KSH can make a patch so buggy even they won't release it :v:.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it's other steps in the chain that have prevented the patch publishing, but the patch itself?

Also, is there any timeline for Working MP Code™ yet? It is difficult to be a terrible griefing space pirate when there is no one to prey upon.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I'm guessing code/compiler bug that prevents their toolchain generating a build, that's the only thing I can think would stop them releasing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spookydonut posted:

I'm guessing code/compiler bug that prevents their toolchain generating a build, that's the only thing I can think would stop them releasing.

I dunno, they've had some hilariously crashtastic patches that needed next-day hotfixing in the past.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Dev Patch this week has some pretty good stuff in it, including MORE EXPLOSIONS! :torgue:

quote:

Summary
Hello Engineers! This week we are releasing the visual scripting tool which also comes with some other improvements that should help all the Keen mission and scenario creators out there. For a steam guide continue here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779965489
There’s also a short example mission to help you learn and for you to use as inspiration. This tool opens up a lot of possibilities, even allowing you to create your own campaigns with multiple missions. We look forward to seeing what the community comes up with and we’ll be running a competition in the near future, so get designing!

You may notice that the main menu is now organized differently. At the top, there is a continue game option which will resume your last loaded world. Below that, you have a missions button. By clicking on this you can access the official example mission. Expect workshop support for missions and scenarios in the coming weeks. When that support comes, you will be able to find subscribed missions in the same screen.
We’ve added directory structure support for the load world page. This can currently only be utilized out of game using Windows explorer. Although backups can now be accessed directly in game with the new backups button on the left side of the page. To access subscribed worlds via the steam workshop, click the workshop button, which is also located on the left side of the page.
Finally you can find the regular new world screen by clicking on custom game.

An explosive change we’ve made this week is that certain functional blocks will now explode when destroyed. You will see the biggest explosion upon the destruction of a large grid large reactor, large grid hydrogen tank and jump drive. Please note, that this is currently only a visual effect and these explosions do not cause damage to surrounding blocks. This change should make battles and crashing ships even more exciting.
Some other improvements include a larger max voxel tool size (which can now be set up to 100 blocks instead of 10) and the ability to select a default camera in a remote control block. This means that when you first take control of a grid via a remote control block, you can have it automatically go into the specified camera’s view.
Lastly, there’s an update for the stable branch today which contains features like the realistic sound mode and improvements to the renderer and ModAPI taking it to version 01.153. You can find full list of features + fixes for the Stable branch here: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/7388145

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XbI1RiZUcI

Features
- Visual Scripting (Guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779965489 )
- Physics improvements
- Main menu redesign
- Larger max voxel tool size (creative)
- Added explosion visual effect after destruction of certain blocks
- Ability to select a default camera in a remote control block
- Particle effects improvements

Fixes
- added rotation and tracking to spectator camera so that it can be used for easier video shooting
- fixed particle testing tool, particle editor
- fixed crash with remote control when removing gps coordinates
- fixed crash ArgumentOutOfRangeException at MyGridClipboard.AlignRotationToCoordSys
- fixed crash at VRageRender.MyScreenDecals.AddDecal
- fixed crash 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in HavokWrapper.dll
- fixed changing Interior Light radius moving the reflection
- fixed an increase in GC memory by 2GB due to cargo ship spawn followed by freeze
- fixed modded character stats updating on respawn
- fixed bottom of the Passage Block having no mountpoint
- fixed start system drill not being equipped properly
- fixed griefing issue with PB block
- fixed 3rd person camera after loading game and exiting cockpit
- fixed issue with sound of blocks being placed heard by other players regardless of distance
- removed sound of suffocating for creative
- fixed sound of not enough powered production blocks
- fixed Procedural Asteroids not spawning any Ice
- fixed particles after explosion staying too long

They also put up some trailers for Medieval Engineers.

quote:

In other news, Medieval Engineers will be re-launching on October 18th with Planets, Area Ownership, World Map, Customizable banners, Fast Travel and more - so check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM4SlHiXSfE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGOmJOAN-kA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQBi07LJV1I

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder how much stuff they are going to merge between the two games.

I would unironically build a space log cabin if I could harvest wood in space engineers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McGiggins posted:

I wonder how much stuff they are going to merge between the two games.

I would unironically build a space log cabin if I could harvest wood in space engineers.

Why think so small?

Wood/coal-burning starship made from wood and stone :science:.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why think so small?

Wood/coal-burning starship made from wood and stone :science:.

I want to flatten a log cabin with a battleship. :colbert:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I want to flatten a battleship with a log cabin. :colbert:

Edit: Does anyone know of a good blueprint for a atmosphere-capable mobile baseship with a vehicle hanger?

I want to build something that is an all contained all in one, but the workshop is somewhat hard to navigate for very specific items.

McGiggins fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 15, 2016

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/257095170589660854/ABC3DF3E18D1EFF776B7FEFBB9B12D94E95A5CBA/

I've never messed with hydrogen thrusters before. This is my survival prototype but I can't get the thrusters to turn on. The tank is 33% full, I have a reactor on the other side for general power. Can the thrusters be connected directly to conveyors or do I need to use tubes?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LegoMan posted:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/257095170589660854/ABC3DF3E18D1EFF776B7FEFBB9B12D94E95A5CBA/

I've never messed with hydrogen thrusters before. This is my survival prototype but I can't get the thrusters to turn on. The tank is 33% full, I have a reactor on the other side for general power. Can the thrusters be connected directly to conveyors or do I need to use tubes?

That setup looks fine. Is your Hydrogen tank set to only stockpile maybe?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I dunno, they've had some hilariously crashtastic patches that needed next-day hotfixing in the past.

Yeah but those actually completed the build, even if the game did just crash for users

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That setup looks fine. Is your Hydrogen tank set to only stockpile maybe?
I've switched it off and on multiple iterations. Green, blue nothing works.It does fill tanks however

• Locked thread