Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Dr Pepper posted:

So this thread's gotten really huge and a bit unwieldy. And with the major changes like 6 star gear and G5 a new thread would be nice.

Here's an OP draft. Any suggestions and a witty thread title would be nice. Or you can all call be dumb for thinking we need a new thread. :v:
FF Record Keeper: Sapphire Shot through the heart, and Tidus is to blame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, Dreamstage on Selphie. Gilgamesh has Gilgamesh Morphing Time and Zack has Apocalypse. Bartz is using Trueblade of Legend, but that doesn't seem like it's really worth using Mako Might on. But yeah, good point about Lifesiphon. Giving it to Selphie would also let me use Lifesiphon instead of Drain Strike more often, since I wouldn't need to worry as much about emergency healing options.

Mako on TBOL can be the difference between not needing to carry protectga much of the time. Don't underestimate it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, Dreamstage on Selphie. Gilgamesh has Gilgamesh Morphing Time and Zack has Apocalypse. Bartz is using Trueblade of Legend, but that doesn't seem like it's really worth using Mako Might on. But yeah, good point about Lifesiphon. Giving it to Selphie would also let me use Lifesiphon instead of Drain Strike more often, since I wouldn't need to worry as much about emergency healing options.
Even without lifesiphon I'd probably just give it to Selphie as a default setup. You can probably get more than an extra SB guage worth or two in a fight by not dying using your extra medica/magic blink.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Mako on TBOL can be the difference between not needing to carry protectga much of the time. Don't underestimate it.
Protect is still +100% which is twice the trueblade buff, and it will also stack with the +50% def buff from trueblade.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

LornMarkus posted:

Yup, I'm aware it's pretty good I just never really liked Cid in VII. Just seemed like kind of a jerk to me. :shrug:

But yeah, like I said, in no way mad about pulling it, I just probably would have preferred White Materia to shore up my Global medica game.
oh yeah he's an abusive rear end in a top hat, though to be fair half of the other playable characters are literal terrorists so

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Reforging TYRONE's Book of pussy destroying defense and a 7* Assassin's dagger (of which I am convinced is a conveniently shaped piece of a broken bottle) into 8* stuff makes me giddy.

helps I can make use of all this other 4++ stuff ive hoarded.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
Well having native Pulse of Life and using a Finishing Touch RW makes this event's tougher fights super manageable. Finished my first +++ :3:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

IllegallySober posted:

I like the idea of a new thread and your base OP is pretty decent. There's quite a few typos I saw glancing through, though. I'd be happy to help edit those out if you like. :)

Eh I know there are typos, haven't ran it through spellcheck yet. Thanks for offering though. :)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dr Pepper posted:

So this thread's gotten really huge and a bit unwieldy. And with the major changes like 6 star gear and G5 a new thread would be nice.

Here's an OP draft. Any suggestions and a witty thread title would be nice. Or you can all call be dumb for thinking we need a new thread. :v:

I'd suggest adding an explanation for Daily Dungeons & Greens, and Record Spheres & Motes. Maybe the basic way to craft and hone abilities, since some people might assume just reading it that if it's like Final Fantasy, then there must be MP to use abilities! I might be asking a lot, and I apologize if so.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You may want to include a minor FAQ pointing out that many buffs/debuffs have separate IDs and do stack with examples like Magic Break stacking with Full Break (but being overwritten by/overwriting Magic Breakdown), and the Soul Break Shout, which boosts just Attack, stacks with the skill Dark Bargain, that boosts Attack and reduces Defense, and if you have questions about more things like this, be sure to ask!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a list of good staple abilities to focus on crafting asap would probably be nice for new players

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

a list of good staple abilities to focus on crafting asap would probably be nice for new players

And a list of trap abilities, like all those original 5* ones that aren't worth the Orbs anymore because they just do one hit.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Should probably point out that there's the Hall of Rites now, so you can use stuff like Hero's Souls to pick out your favorite characters. Maybe mention that the game has playable characters from 1-14 well as Tactics.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Shout, Shout, Let It All Out

Edit I read it closer and gently caress. But you should still probably mention the Hall of Rites by name and in detail :v:, it's a big enough feature to warrant a bullet point.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 7, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I think a cool addition to the game would be a USB with an "OSB buff" that lets you break the damage cap while it's in effect. Makes big single hits actually possibly worthwhile.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I like the new OP - definitely looks more streamlined to whats there now.

In addition to previous sections (whats the "must have" list for abilities) i would recommend putting an example together of "How to progress in this game" IE

1. Do all the classic realm dungeons until you have like 90 stamina, then start doing the dailies as well as the classic dungeons.
2. Pull on the current banner every time you have 50 mythril. Use characters that you get relics for. Never use mythril for stamina refreshes.
3. Start putting together the list of recommended abilities
4. Do as much of the event dungeons as you can
5. As you get more relics, more characters, higher levels and more abilities you will start being able to do higher level event dungeon stuff
6. Also start doing elite dungeons

I would add a few more definitions to the list:
Shout Meta: An entirely physical team (minus healer), based on having Ramza's Shout Soul Break.
Mage Meta: An entirely magical team based on having either Edea's or Kefka's or Krile's + MAG soul break.
"<blank>-Fest" - every 3 months or so, a "fest" happens. This can be an orbfest (lots of dungeons that get you a crazy amount of xp, orbs & gil) or some sort of special banner (burst-fest had 5 banners, each with lot of BSSBs for example)

Maybe also a typical composition for a team
3 DPS characters
1 healer
1 support

With a bit of a description as to why this is important.

Thanks for working on this!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I can put together a list of some helpful links and stuff, the OP is gonna get crowded if everything is explained.

Just a few I can find pretty quickly are:

Enlir's FFRK Database - Best for looking up just about any detail on a character, Record Dives, SBs, ect.

MisterP Record Keeper PDF - For looking up quick tips for clearing realm dungeons, a great diagram on 6* Crystal competition, damage formulas and details.

Roaming Warrior Search - For when you need to find ANY Roaming Warrior, you'll find it here.

Banner Relic Details by kaonohiokala - For looking up specifics and details on future banner relics.

Kongbakpao's FFRK Event List - Dates and details on current and future events.

Reddit Ability Guide - Good base for explaining what abilities to make to start challenging the Ultimates, including recommended 3 and 4* abilities. Looking around to see if there's a better one somewhere.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 7, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

Mage Meta: An entirely magical team based on having either Edea's or Kefka's or Krile's + MAG soul break.
Or Selphie's, or Braska's, or Papalymo's, or...

I'd just say "based on having stacking +Mag soul breaks," plus add something about mixed meta that uses both physical and magical, running off a mixed buff like Celes or OK.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Let's not forget Quick Info! Though the Japanese side of it has been not updated as frequently lately, it's still a great resource that is only growing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

widespread posted:

What's funny is, eventually Lightning and Sephiroth get better OSBs, even if the point of an OSB is just to do up to 99999 damage.

... That's assuming Seph even gets his BSB.

Seph already has a BSB.

It just kinda sucks compared to other BSBs. :v:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Seph already has a BSB.

It will have its day when difficulty 200+ bosses show up and its defense piercing properties are actually useful :arghfist::saddowns:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

W.T. Fits posted:

Thats honestly not bad to what its supposed to be.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It will have its day when difficulty 200+ bosses show up and its defense piercing properties are actually useful :arghfist::saddowns:

Also, if I'm ever able to get Strahl Strafe, my BURNINATOR TEAM will be complete! I've already got Seph and Celes's BSBs, Terra's SSB2, and Meltdown.

That said, yeah, Reunion's initial break may just be vanilla AoE damage, but its burst commands are workhorses. I don't think any other BSB has a defense-ignoring attack, which isn't as relevant now but will become very relevant later when the D200/250 stuff hits.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I want to get Lightbringer IX for another component of potential Team Holy Bursts, which is part of why I am not pulling on Tyro's 2 should it actually come out tomorrow like this calendar thing I'm looking at says.

Speaking of which, are there any good characters with good 4x holy burst command enlight BSBs aside from Celes? Maybe Warrior of Light or Hope?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Im looking at Mirror of Equity.

Is it's atk boost the same ID as Shout's Atk?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Or Selphie's, or Braska's, or Papalymo's, or...

I'd just say "based on having stacking +Mag soul breaks," plus add something about mixed meta that uses both physical and magical, running off a mixed buff like Celes or OK.

Thanks for the help. I'm not really paying attention to the mage meta right now since i don't have any decent mage gear.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Shoenin posted:

Im looking at Mirror of Equity.

Is it's atk boost the same ID as Shout's Atk?

Yes, it's just a normal atk boost, and less strong than shout so you don't want to use it after shout.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kylra posted:

I want to get Lightbringer IX for another component of potential Team Holy Bursts, which is part of why I am not pulling on Tyro's 2 should it actually come out tomorrow like this calendar thing I'm looking at says.

Speaking of which, are there any good characters with good 4x holy burst command enlight BSBs aside from Celes? Maybe Warrior of Light or Hope?

Hope is indeed a 4x hit. Down the road, there's also Warrior of Light, Agrias and Basch.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
11 pull, Aeris Burst and Red's Super. OKOKOKOK.

flowinprose posted:

Yes, it's just a normal atk boost, and less strong than shout so you don't want to use it after shout.

I thought Mirror of Equity was +ATK/-DEF, so it would stack with shout?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Kylra posted:

Hope does. Basch (4 Hits, 5 against a weakness) and WoL (4 Hits at 1700 DEF, 5 Hits at 2490) do too, but it'll be a while before those come out.

There are a few other Holy BSBs that aren't EnLight BSBs but are still worth checking out, like Firion for Magic Blink, Raines for Mage Meta or Orlandeau (especially if you get his OSB to make up for long cast times).

Edward and Agrias also offer Imperil Holy BSBs, with Edward bringing an ATK +50% buff and ATK/MAG and DEF/RES reducing Holy commands (and shares the banner with Pecil's BSB), and Agrias getting almost the exact same Burst as Beatrix (and it's on the good Orlandeau 1 banner)

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Mr. Maggy posted:

It's ATK and Sap. You're thinking of Dark Bargain.

edit: I meant to edit the previous post whoops.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Mr. Maggy posted:

11 pull, Aeris Burst and Red's Super. OKOKOKOK.

Mirror of Equity is just an ATK buff that also gives you Sap.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Is Enlir Correct? Does Ragnarok VII really gives more Wind Damage? I don't see it in it description in the game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cosmic Afro posted:

Is Enlir Correct? Does Ragnarok VII really gives more Wind Damage? I don't see it in it description in the game.

A later buff gives all OSB weapons an element boost under Synergy

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Dr Pepper posted:

A later buff gives all OSB weapons an element boost under Synergy

it does? neat.

But what if the OSB's have multiple elements?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Shoenin posted:

it does? neat.

But what if the OSB's have multiple elements?

Most of them only increase one. Orlandu OSB does Holy, Rydia does earth and Jecht's Does dark. I think that's the only 3 that have multiple elements?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

Hope does. Basch (4 Hits, 5 against a weakness) and WoL (4 Hits at 1700 DEF, 5 Hits at 2490) do too, but it'll be a while before those come out.

There are a few other Holy BSBs that aren't EnLight BSBs but are still worth checking out, like Firion for Magic Blink, Raines for Mage Meta or Orlandeau (especially if you get his OSB to make up for long cast times).

Edward and Agrias also offer Imperil Holy BSBs, with Edward bringing an ATK +50% buff and ATK/MAG and DEF/RES reducing Holy commands (and shares the banner with Pecil's BSB), and Agrias getting almost the exact same Burst as Beatrix (and it's on the good Orlandeau 1 banner)

Problem with Edward Burst banner is that it's right before Onion Knight.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Problem with Edward Burst banner is that it's right before Onion Knight.
Edward's burst is good but it is unfortunately not on the same banner as Kain/Rydia's excellent BSBs on Kain 1. Fantastic BSBs for wind/earth teams respectively.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Edward's burst is good but it is unfortunately not on the same banner as Kain/Rydia's excellent BSBs on Kain 1. Fantastic BSBs for wind/earth teams respectively.

Kain's BSB is Enthunder actually, which gels nicely with Lightning Dive.

Pulling Cid's Goggles gives me extra incentive to go for Onion 1 - Luneth's spear has +Wind, which makes it great for Cid, and the SB itself has Enaero, allowing Luneth to really rip things apart.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Koobes posted:

Most of them only increase one. Orlandu OSB does Holy, Rydia does earth and Jecht's Does dark. I think that's the only 3 that have multiple elements?

I'm fairly certain Bartz' OSB is quad elemental (Wind/Water/Fire/Earth).

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

So the Glimmer of Hope U+ is in 4 phases again, like Ultros U+, which means debuffs are canceled between each phase. I don't want to go through that torture again, so I need to hone my Full Break to r2 before I bother with it. I have more than enough MPOs, but I'm lacking ice and lightning (have 7/12 of each). Any idea how I can get five of those before the end of the event other than spamming the dailies and hoping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
1) have you cleared all of the classic and elite dungeons?

2) are you sitting on a terrifyingly large pile of gysahl greens?

If the answers are yes and then no, you might be screwed.

• Locked thread