Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hi, 3mbp connection reporting here, don't live in rural Iowa folks.

At least I don't have a data cap. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just realized. If I go back to my mom's rural as gently caress house back east for christmas, and I wanted to download Infinite Warfare, it would take me 74 days if I maxed out her connection nonstop. And she pays almost as much as I do for internet.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you had better let your mom know you're going to be there awhile

ladysparkles
Jul 20, 2008

Faux Mulder posted:

I'd disagree here, given that the guy is looking for a decent story. Heavy Rain is enjoyable as a murder mystery and playable pastiche of all the good 90s detective noir films, and while the plot isn't outstanding or anything it does at least move forward, engage the player in the mystery, put the story beats in the correct places and come to a satisfying conclusion.

In contrast, Beyond: Two Souls' story is complete garbage at a really fundamental level. It's almost as if the told-out-of-order thing is only there to disguise how paper-thin the story is. Some of the individual vignettes are fun in and of themselves, but they just don't make any sense when put together. Character motivations are absolutely all over the place, tone and atmosphere veer wildly from scene to scene, the shock twist is really stupid and completely unearned by the rest of the story, dialogue is really hacky and unnatural sounding, plot points are frequently abandoned immediately after they're introduced because they don't serve the next scene, and most of the characters are broad-strokes caricatures which frequently stray into dumb racist, sexist and classist stereotypes. There's a section where you spend time with a bunch of homeless people and it's super uncomfortable because you very quickly realise that the writer absolutely does not know anything about the homeless, and is just invoking extremely condescending clichés. There's a section where you live with some Native Americans for a while and it ends up being straight-up white saviorism, and at the end one of the dudes says "You've done a great service for me... and my people" with no trace of irony.

It's short, and I'd say it's worth playing through if you can find it *very* cheaply, because it is pretty gorgeous and technically impressive, and there are some fun individual vignettes and scenes, and the first half of the game isn't even that bad. But do be warned that it falls of a loving cliff at around the half-way mark, and once you start to notice how non-existent the continuity is, you'll never stop.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i didnt read that the first time im not reading it this time either

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Green Man Gaming just announced they are selling PSN codes:
https://www.greenmangaming.com/titles/sony/

Seems official and not reselling pack-in codes.

Might we actually start seeing some competition and better sales?

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I was playing that god-game that got released on plus for PS3. If you do the zoom-in on the micro level it looks very much like No Man's Sky.

lol

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Red Warrior posted:

lol

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

:gonk: I'm sure thats just a typo...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TaurusOxford posted:

:gonk: I'm sure thats just a typo...

everything on that page looked like retail price to me, if there's deals I sure missed em

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

absolutely zero of those games are a "sale"

lol revelator at full price when I just got it for like 20 bux a few weeks ago on PSN. 60 for battleborne, excellent

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I mean I think you guys are being too critical of a storefront that just opened. Literally every price is the same as Amazon right now give gig a chance to try sales or promotions or preorder bonuses.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Two questions

1. How does multiple region accounts on the same PS3 work? I know I just start a new account on the system and then log into PSN with my two different accounts on each one, but then does each account have its own library of games that the other can't see? Or are any games on the system accessible by both accounts?
2. How do I see the games I have access to due to PS+? I had PS+ for quite a while over in Japan and I had quite a lot of awesome free games built up so I'd love to tap into that again (especially because Japan PS+ is only $5 a month). But can I not see all those past free games I 'bought' until I activate PS+ again?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you go into the PS store app on your PlayStation and scroll down to Downloads you might see them!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Getsuya posted:

Two questions

1. How does multiple region accounts on the same PS3 work? I know I just start a new account on the system and then log into PSN with my two different accounts on each one, but then does each account have its own library of games that the other can't see? Or are any games on the system accessible by both accounts?
2. How do I see the games I have access to due to PS+? I had PS+ for quite a while over in Japan and I had quite a lot of awesome free games built up so I'd love to tap into that again (especially because Japan PS+ is only $5 a month). But can I not see all those past free games I 'bought' until I activate PS+ again?

Anything which is installed is visible to any account on the system in the Games menu. Actual downloads have to be done from the purchasing account (i.e. corresponding region) and can't be done from another account. That said, you're best off initiating everything from the webstore anyway. If you have trouble finding PS+ games, try that javascript thing from the OP with your Japanese account. I know is separately flags PS+ titles, although I'm honestly not sure what it does when your PS+ is inactive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Red Warrior posted:

There was a news article about this yesterday and this is an official team up with Sony for selling PSN codes.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

spooky like this! posted:

There was a news article about this yesterday and this is an official team up with Sony for selling PSN codes.

Would that mean that all of the prices would match the PSN store? I guess we don't really know.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't imagine they'd keep it the same, otherwise what would be the point? Also it is only for North America.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spooky like this! posted:

I can't imagine they'd keep it the same, otherwise what would be the point? Also it is only for North America.
Potentially you could buy the codes to give as gifts since Sony is too cheap to provide a method for that themselves

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

univbee posted:

If you have trouble finding PS+ games, try that javascript thing from the OP with your Japanese account. I know is separately flags PS+ titles, although I'm honestly not sure what it does when your PS+ is inactive.

Yeah it can't find my PS+ games while I'm not active apparently. What's the best place to buy Japanese PSN cards online? Sadly I'm not living over there anymore.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Getsuya posted:

Yeah it can't find my PS+ games while I'm not active apparently. What's the best place to buy Japanese PSN cards online? Sadly I'm not living over there anymore.

IIRC you can buy codes for 3 or 12 months from Amazon.co.jp at cost.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

IIRC you can buy codes for 3 or 12 months from Amazon.co.jp at cost.
Can you dig up a link? All I'm finding is physical cards and not codes.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I found the listing but according to reviews it's been taken down since the start of this year.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/PlayStatio...9/dp/B00QGMLGBS

^The listing for the 1 month code

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I want to buy the PS3 version of Resident Evil Revelations 2 while it's on sale, but I'm confused. There's a Deluxe Edition bundle for $12 which seems to include all content released for the game. However, I can also download the first episode free and then get a season pass for $7.

I'm guessing that some of this

quote:

This deluxe bundle includes the complete story, extra episodes, extra costumes, additional Raid Mode characters, throwback maps and additional storage slots.

is not included with the season pass, but it says two extra episodes are. Does anyone know what the difference actually is?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Duck of Death posted:

I want to buy the PS3 version of Resident Evil Revelations 2 while it's on sale, but I'm confused. There's a Deluxe Edition bundle for $12 which seems to include all content released for the game. However, I can also download the first episode free and then get a season pass for $7.

I'm guessing that some of this

is not included with the season pass, but it says two extra episodes are. Does anyone know what the difference actually is?

You can just get the season pass. The deluxe edition is basically the season pass + costumes + extras for RAID mode, which is the loot/grinding mode separate from the main campaign. I actually enjoyed the campaign a lot, but I thought RAID was really repetitive. If you're really interested in the costumes or whatever, you can always buy them later.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Edit: Moved to ps4 thread

strategery fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 7, 2016

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The following stack of first-party games appears to have been price dropped on PSN (i.e. permanently, not as part of a sale) to $19.99US/$24.99CAD:

Bloodborne
DriveClub (full version without the season pass)
The Last of Us Remastered
Until Dawn
MLB The Show 16
Ratchet & Clank
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

univbee posted:

The following stack of first-party games appears to have been price dropped on PSN (i.e. permanently, not as part of a sale) to $19.99US/$24.99CAD:

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
Ratchet & Clank

Man that's a great sack of a value there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there's a 100 dollars spent, 15 back this month right? does it say it anywhere on the store?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I need to actually play TLoU. It came with my PS4 but didn't bother playing beyond the opening sequence. I played it when it came out on PS3, but have forgotten just about everything except the ending, so it should be pretty fresh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

I need to actually play TLoU. It came with my PS4 but didn't bother playing beyond the opening sequence. I played it when it came out on PS3, but have forgotten just about everything except the ending, so it should be pretty fresh.

get into the mp if you already played the campaign imo

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
MLB The Show 16
Ratchet & Clank
Redbox still wants 30 for MLB16 lol

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
and my local gamestop is still selling Nathan Drake Collection for about $70 US worth of local currency...

:bahgawd:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
MLB The Show 16
Ratchet & Clank

Would recommend pretty much all these games

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I have some games that I got with Playstation Plus a while back (Teslagrad, for example). I know I went through the steps to "buy" it during the month it was offered because I still have the email order confirmation, but now the Playstation store is still showing that I'd need to buy it at full price to play it. I've confirmed that my subscription has not expired and I still have access to most Playstation Plus games.

Anyone else have this issue?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Grey posted:

I have some games that I got with Playstation Plus a while back (Teslagrad, for example). I know I went through the steps to "buy" it during the month it was offered because I still have the email order confirmation, but now the Playstation store is still showing that I'd need to buy it at full price to play it. I've confirmed that my subscription has not expired and I still have access to most Playstation Plus games.

Anyone else have this issue?

Maybe you accidently got the vita version

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I recently got a PS TV (alredy upgraded to 3.61 before learning about henkaku rip), nd I want to load it with some PSX games. I read around the internet that Arc the Lad collection with all 3 games is a PSOne classic, but I can't find it on the storefront. Was it removed, or am I just dumb?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

I recently got a PS TV (alredy upgraded to 3.61 before learning about henkaku rip), nd I want to load it with some PSX games. I read around the internet that Arc the Lad collection with all 3 games is a PSOne classic, but I can't find it on the storefront. Was it removed, or am I just dumb?

I wasn't able to find the collection on the PS store, but I did dig around and see that the games are available individually for $6 each. However, there are a lot of PS1 games that aren't on the PSTV whitelist, so you're probably out of luck. If you weren't able to find them on the PSTV store, you'd probably need a PS3 or PSP instead.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Maybe you accidently got the vita version

Good thought, but that wasn't it. I just gone done chatting with Sony support. Here's what I learned:

You may own a game, but that doesn't mean it will always show up as owned on the web version of the Playstation Store. He called that a "bug" with the Playstation Store and that I should still be able to access it through the console version of the store.

What a messed up system... completely sucks that Sony with show a game as unowned and let you buy it via the web even if you've already bought it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Grey posted:

Good thought, but that wasn't it. I just gone done chatting with Sony support. Here's what I learned:

You may own a game, but that doesn't mean it will always show up as owned on the web version of the Playstation Store. He called that a "bug" with the Playstation Store and that I should still be able to access it through the console version of the store.

What a messed up system... completely sucks that Sony with show a game as unowned and let you buy it via the web even if you've already bought it before.

Try fully logging off and logging back onto the webstore, see if that fixes it.

• Locked thread