Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

What's EDG's comp meant to do at this stage in the game
kill ryze mostly, he can't really do poo poo in 5v5s because rylai's malzahar creeps will pound on him even if he's not one-shot by ult

i don't know what ezreal is supposed to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The 2nd stream is awesome.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Chris de Sperg posted:

kill ryze mostly, he can't really do poo poo in 5v5s because rylai's malzahar creeps will pound on him even if he's not one-shot by ult

i don't know what ezreal is supposed to do

Ryze wont really have an issue thanks to his lifesteal sustain.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

good thing ezreal built a whole bunch of loving garbage

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
There we go

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"This blue Ezreal build really helps him to kite the team! Very frustrating to go up against."

*ezreal is shot twice by caitlyn and dies*

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
taste the merc scimitar ryze, b*tch

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Forgiven's QSS was nasty

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Ryze wont really have an issue thanks to his lifesteal sustain.
he doesnt have that any more

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Edward will not be happy

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Chris de Sperg posted:

he doesnt have that any more

He was making a joke about the merc scimitar

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
h2k cant get anywhere in this tournament, forgiven not flashing his decal. Team not on same page. Enjoy losing to Albert Locks: Poona in quarters.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

henkman posted:

He was making a joke about the merc scimitar
o

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm not sure why, but I enjoyed that game

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

bring back ad ryze imo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

at what point will EDG accept that they can't just keep drafting three losing lanes

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

theres always next year

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

bring back annie bot building manamune every game on annie and feeding relentlessly and getting banned.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Parallel Playa posted:

Stream 2 casters kept me entertained the whole way through, but it was like watching a car slowly rolling downhill as soon as I saw that IBG finish on Ezreal.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Parallel Playa posted:

It wasn't constant fighting, but it was good because H2K won with strong laning and then transitioned into good macro/rotations

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they're gonna lose to INTZ aren't they

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

rabidsquid posted:

at what point will EDG accept that they can't just keep drafting three losing lanes

a we're better than you or just dont feed early kind of scaling comp would be one thing but they draft losing lanes in order to build bad team comps with no damage or way to win, over and over.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like both of those teams and that game was not interesting remotely

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It was pretty boring and went entirely how you'd think from champ select except for ryu and scout entering battle dome at 2:20 for some reason.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

a we're better than you or just dont feed early kind of scaling comp would be one thing but they draft losing lanes in order to build bad team comps with no damage or way to win, over and over.

IBG Ezreal doesn't scale and if you don't have pressure in the side lines your dumb dickhead Malzahar can't maintain lane control enough that you can gank at 6 so this comp was designed to lose at like every point in the game, which is really interesting

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

i like both of those teams and that game was not interesting remotely

Yeah it wasn't even close to being the most exciting game of the tournament, but I can appreciate a just well played game of league

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

henkman posted:

It wasn't constant fighting, but it was good because H2K won with strong laning and then transitioned into good macro/rotations

that, and it's also pretty fun to watch ryu when he's playing well

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

Yeah it wasn't even close to being the most exciting game of the tournament, but I can appreciate a just well played game of league

Full props to H2K for playing it cleanly, but EDG, as others have mentioned, put together one of the worst possible teamcomps you could with the terrible IBG Ezreal as the lovely cherry. You don't have to be psychic to know who was going to win.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

IBG Ezreal doesn't scale and if you don't have pressure in the side lines your dumb dickhead Malzahar can't maintain lane control enough that you can gank at 6 so this comp was designed to lose at like every point in the game, which is really interesting

So is this the kind of dumb pick/ban fuckery you were talking about on your previous claims of EDG having draft weaknesses?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

mid and bot were fairly even, the problem was that they had no way to win fights ever because of how the two comps interacted, including but not limited to: caitlyn is even safer than usual against a comp basing its pick on a malzahar once she has runaans; iceborn ezreal; nami doesn't do much against plat+ players; iceborn ezreal; no followup damage for poppy engages; iceborn ezreal

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
e: ^^^ nami's a good pick imo

Also holy poo poo mouse is bad.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Someone in the audience seriously needs to just hold up a big sign saying "DO NOT BUILD ICEBORN ON EZ" every game, because Jesus Christ.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chris de Sperg posted:

mid and bot were fairly even, the problem was that they had no way to win fights ever because of how the two comps interacted, including but not limited to: caitlyn is even safer than usual against a comp basing its pick on a malzahar once she has runaans; iceborn ezreal; nami doesn't do much against plat+ players; iceborn ezreal; no followup damage for poppy engages; iceborn ezreal

there was a ton of lane pressure in mid and for good reason, Malzahar can't really stop from being pushed constantly by Ryze (literally every mid champ?). bot was even / possibly ahead due to player skill, but again, no pressure. three lanes with no pressure, three lanes with no KILL pressure, Elise jungle. i mean.

Zerilan posted:

So is this the kind of dumb pick/ban fuckery you were talking about on your previous claims of EDG having draft weaknesses?

yeah, although its USUALLY limited to mouse and scout being left to hang while bot lane tries to carry. meiko hasn't been good on nami and i don't know why they keep picking it

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

i'm not even joking about ap/hybrid ezreal btw, it's legitimately powerful right now and has a very strong mid-game because you go sheen -> revolver -> gunblade -> lich bane or i guess triforce

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ALSO because Malzahar had to blow his summoners multiple times just to not die in lane from ganks that really completely and totally removed the possibility of any kill pressure in mid

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

there was a ton of lane pressure in mid and for good reason, Malzahar can't really stop from being pushed constantly by Ryze (literally every mid champ?). bot was even / possibly ahead due to player skill, but again, no pressure. three lanes with no pressure, three lanes with no KILL pressure, Elise jungle. i mean.
bot was doing a surprisingly good job of pushing out, iirc they got their tower down before h2k got theirs. but yeah elise wasn't really doing poo poo there. malz has even less pressure vs ryze than normal but that one was about the teamfights. they prob shouldn't have first-rotationed poppy

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
H2KKKKKKKKKKKKK

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

a lot of otherwise not completely moronic people seem to have this idea that malz has good lane control and can just push in the wave all day and i don't really know where that idea's coming from tbh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chris de Sperg posted:

a lot of otherwise not completely moronic people seem to have this idea that malz has good lane control and can just push in the wave all day and i don't really know where that idea's coming from tbh

i have no idea why people think this either, as its quite easy to bully and shove a lane malzahar during most of laning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, although its USUALLY limited to mouse and scout being left to hang while bot lane tries to carry. meiko hasn't been good on nami and i don't know why they keep picking it

Ryze is probably the worst champ to give first blood to that early. If he hadn't had a tear at 3 minutes he wouldn't have been able to push nearly as easily - he was actually almost oom right before he got the kill

• Locked thread