Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm beginning to think the creators of this game have never played a video game, let alone made one. the timeline flashing all over the place and constant cutscenes and gameplay flashing in and out and loving tailing missions. what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kontradaz posted:

Maybe I'm low brow as gently caress, but the story has got me captivated. And the music... the music! Fantastic (that scene with Rolling Stones "Paint it Black" was sublime)

I like the story alot so far or at least how they tell it. i am sucker for documentries escpialy tragic/crime ones and they nailed that perfectly so far. plus the shooting/hit reactions are loving great.

Tae posted:

Traffic didn't bother me once I realized nothing matters until a cop is within vicinity. Otherwise I'm speeding, crashing, and running red lights all day.

this. just play like a conservative GTA style(dont run down everything/avoid collisiouns) and stay out of cop radar. thats it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kontradaz posted:

Maybe I'm low brow as gently caress, but the story has got me captivated. And the music... the music! Fantastic (that scene with Rolling Stones "Paint it Black" was sublime)

Not that far, but I loved the use of I Fought the Law

EDIT: nvm, just got there :stonk:

EDIT2: Holy crap, amazing use of CCR right after.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 8, 2016

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My game was crashing after th kitchen scene about the Haitians and now it automatically starts me on a boat with Ellis, did I miss anything or is that what happens after that cutscene?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I really enjoyed the amusement park.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Empress Brosephine posted:

My game was crashing after th kitchen scene about the Haitians and now it automatically starts me on a boat with Ellis, did I miss anything or is that what happens after that cutscene?

The Haitians are pushing into The Hollow (sammys/black mob territory) so you go out there for some payback/to teach them a lesson after finding out Sammy owes money to Sal (which is the reason you do the heist)

Watch the missing cutscene here, 35mins in: https://youtu.be/RttPzGBflNI

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

This game is really loving good god drat.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Paint It Black scene.

Jesus gently caress :stonk:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Man sort of messed up 21:9 support and a 30 fps lock? What the heck I want this poo poo running at 100hz! I am also not being sarcastic that's the whole point of PC gaming to max this poo poo out.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

KakerMix posted:

Man sort of messed up 21:9 support and a 30 fps lock? What the heck I want this poo poo running at 100hz! I am also not being sarcastic that's the whole point of PC gaming to max this poo poo out.

The 21:9 menu was so broken to the point where i couldn't even start the game until I turned it back to 16:9 and then back up once I was in game.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

This game just looks like another forgettable story-mode fps hitman-like gta-like. I can't get enthused about it.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I don't know that anyone else is having this problem, since I can't find mention anywhere, but I can't fire my gun on foot...like, at all. Just stands there holding it up like a rube getting shot. I've tried rebinding, reloading, reinstalling, and even changing graphics settings, and nothing. It works when I'm driving just fine, but as soon as I'm walking around, gone.

Anybody have any ideas? I'd really like to get past the tutorial mission...it's degrading.

Nobody? Ugh, I can't think of anything that would cause this.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

had my first crash during an autosave after killing a target. load the game back up and the targets still on the map, but going over there has nobody there. :sigh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So I killed everyone at this house but i still have 0 enforcer kills. What's an enforcer?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

my bonuses for my lieutenants just disappeared? i no longer have acess to the voodoo dolls or the health upgrade. really wish these bugs happened earlier.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Ruggan posted:

This game just looks like another forgettable story-mode fps hitman-like gta-like. I can't get enthused about it.

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm going to need you guys to figure out which of you is right.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The most user-friendly game I've ever played

Far as I can tell, the default config does not include a mapped Interact button. One of the community layouts probably does, at least.

And I guess it's always going to be a roll of the dice figuring out which PC game devs thought ahead to scale resolution to 4K. Mafia 3's as bad as Mass Effect 3 in that regard, the text is like the fine print on a satanic pact. Is that something that's coming along in the patch along with framerate throttling?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Man there's something darkly amusing about taking out old lady sentries.

https://gfycat.com/SizzlingPassionateDolphin

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 8, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The interact button on the xbone controller is X.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

The most user-friendly game I've ever played

I had that same thing. Had to reboot the game and started the game via controller.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Tae posted:

So I killed everyone at this house but i still have 0 enforcer kills. What's an enforcer?

If you don't do all of the sidequests before hitting the racket boss harder henchmen show up to protect them.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Hahaha 2k totally knew this game was gonna be a flaming trainwreck at launch

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
this game is good

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Hahaha 2k totally knew this game was gonna be a flaming trainwreck at launch

What? I think this game could be one of the best of the year. It's really excellent and brings a lot of nice new touches to the genre.

I was a little bit worried about it getting samey like some people complained but then there was the amusement park and everything kicked back into high gear.

p.s. oh there are PC port issues? Running great on PS4 (not trying to sound smug)

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 8, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

eleven extra elephants posted:

Did my game just glitch out? I'm in the intro bank heist, got the machine gun and then the first person I shot it cuts straight to a cutscene?

You go back to that scene later and carry on from that moment.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What? I think this game could be one of the best of the year. It's really excellent and brings a lot of nice new touches to the genre.

I was a little bit worried about it getting samey like some people complained but then there was the amusement park and everything kicked back into high gear.

p.s. oh there are PC port issues? Running great on PS4 (not trying to sound smug)

The PC version is locked at 30, but there's a patch coming in the next couple days to fix that. There's also a bit of your open world jank, but I expect that from any game in the genre, honestly. Even Rockstar games have poo poo like bird people.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I haven't had any technical issues but I know I'm in the extreme minority as even PS4 players are crashing. But so far the game's run like a loving champ and I just did a seven hour marathon without a single issue.

Game is REALLY GOOD! Except police chases. Those aren't fun. But everything else is pretty drat fun and so far I'm excited for the "go here, kill guys, do specific thing, repeat twenty times" loop.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Afraid of Audio posted:

this game is good

The voice acting and mo cap are some of the best I've seen in a game. The combat is so brutal and satisfying, as are the sound effects and soundtrack. The 30 fps surprisingly doesn't bother me much.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Ruggan posted:

cheesetriangles posted:

ChocNitty posted:

I'm going to need you guys to figure out which of you is right.

Nobody's right, obviously, but FWIW, I've seen a lot more positive reactions than negative ones, besides the "repetitive" comments.

And I've done a lot of reading, since I'm not playing this until the PC patch comes out.

Really the worst thing about this game right now seems to be the bugginess of the PC port, which is getting addressed in the coming days. Supposedly.

e: There's also a mod which gets rid of the FPS cap, but

:allears:

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 8, 2016

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Ruggan posted:

It's ok. The story and presentation are good. But the gameplay is sorely lacking. It's repetitive, the combat is really nothing special and neither is the stealth. I'm playing just to see the story then trading it in.

Spec ops the line is the game it reminds me of.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Downloaded on PS4 last night. After I chose the brightness, it went to the installation screen where it seemed to start at 13%. Almost an hour later, it's at 19%. Would it speed up if I put the PS4 in rest mode or something, or would that gently caress up the game?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Doppelganger posted:

Downloaded on PS4 last night. After I chose the brightness, it went to the installation screen where it seemed to start at 13%. Almost an hour later, it's at 19%. Would it speed up if I put the PS4 in rest mode or something, or would that gently caress up the game?

It's still downloading. You can just put it in rest mode

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZokdmzvDGA So between Watchdogs, AC Unity, Pro Skater 5, Homefront Revolution, No Man's Sky, Recore, this and a bunch of other games I don't remember at the moment, can we assume that AAA game developers are just cutting game testers out of the picture entirely and using consumers for QA?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Just got past the carnival and hanging the redneck it's pretty good so far and I haven't run into to many glitches(ps4 physical version).

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
The story is great, but the gameplay is sadly very repetitive. You'll be doing the same thing for hours and hours with very little variety.

The stealth is also pretty busted so it's really easy to toss a screaming doll, and stealth kill the 4 dudes just staring it that don't notice you neck stabbing the guy less than a foot away from them.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lumpy the Cook posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZokdmzvDGA So between Watchdogs, AC Unity, Pro Skater 5, Homefront Revolution, No Man's Sky, Recore, this and a bunch of other games I don't remember at the moment, can we assume that AAA game developers are just cutting game testers out of the picture entirely and using consumers for QA?

*punching a guy with a sniper rifle spawns a panicking lady from inside him*

working as intended imo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol jesus this looks like poo poo.

what can you even do in this game that you can't in GTA anyway, besides writing and characters that aren't legit retard-level

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm enjoying the game because I was told to just do story stuff, Mafia's never been about open world time wasters.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I honestly kind of wonder if the inevitable Mafia 4 should just ditch the open world entirely. It's never been put to good use in any of the games so far. Have high polished and memorable missions instead of developing an open world which devolves into repitition and bugs.

Then again 2K would probably laugh the devs out of the door with that suggestion because open world games with a lot of busy work to do are what sell these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How do you unlock the Samson Drifter? I see it as locked in the vehicle delivery menu. It's Lincoln's personal car, right? The black hot rod?

• Locked thread