Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

MrBlandAverage posted:

These things were paid for and I just shipped them.

Arrived today, gotta get some substitute batteries to test out the $10 gamble. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Selling an used blah blah blah whatever

HI MY NAME IS PENIS STANLEY OR WHATEVER AND I'M WAY TOO STUPID TO READ THE RULES AND PUT MY USERNAME IN THE PICTURES WITH THIS ITEM THAT IS MOST ASSUREDLY OVER $50. WOOOOO GO BUCKEYES.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

You say 17-50 but the lens says different. Also what body is it attached to? should include a picture with your username as well.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 8, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Interest check on a nissin i40 fuji model. I'll make you a good deal cause the firmware update broke it's compatibility with the xpro2 and it has a tiny crack in the front plastic (easily covered with gaffer tape it's on the useless red bit).

rio
Mar 20, 2008

8th-snype posted:

Interest check on a nissin i40 fuji model. I'll make you a good deal cause the firmware update broke it's compatibility with the xpro2 and it has a tiny crack in the front plastic (easily covered with gaffer tape it's on the useless red bit).

I will give you a "maybe" - what do you mean that the firmware update broke? Depending on that and your asking price, I could potentially use a second flash.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

rio posted:

I will give you a "maybe" - what do you mean that the firmware update broke? Depending on that and your asking price, I could potentially use a second flash.

pm'd you the details

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Edit: I fixed my Nikon fe2. Nvm

This is a WTB post.

I'm looking for a manual focus Nikon film camera that works:

F2
FM/FE/FM2/FE2/FM2n
FA
F3 (if you cut me a deal)

I've had... Bad luck with the used and refurbished Nikon's I've found on ebay and in my local stores. It's tough, because I need to be able to use them for focus-critical subjects and slide film. I've ended up with cameras suffering from myriad issues that aren't always apparent until you develop a roll of film shot in the right conditions. The main ones are:

Light leaks from shutter. Even very lightly warped shutter blades can cause this.

Miscalibrated focusing screen and/or reflex mirror, causing front-or back-focus.

These problems can manifest in very subtle ways. I have a perfect-looking FE2 for instance, but the second curtain has just enough play between the blades that I can perceive light from a bright led through the back if I flip up the mirror. It's just enough of an issue to cause problems with solid backgrounds in bright sunlight. The same camera also consistently front-focuses by about an inch, which I didn't realize until I was photographing close-up subjects.

So if you have a known-good Nikon of the type I'm looking for, that has good focus accuracy and factory-flat shutter blades, a clear viewfinder, and decent focusing screen, please let me know. I can replace light seals and polish chrome; I'm looking for a solid user, not a collectible.

Ideal budget is no more than $200. There are slim pickings on KEH right now, and the last couple of 'EX'-graded items I've ordered from them weren't really all that great. I realize that being picky like this doesn't necessarily make me sound like a very good person to sell a used camera to, and I know that a lot of you have beat-to-hell gear. But every once in a while there's a magical goon who is just sitting on something that's fairly nice and well cared for that they don't use anymore. If you're that goon, hit me up.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 10, 2016

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
Selling my lightly used X100S! Love this thing but I own several cameras so it doesn't get enough use. It's in great condition- lens is mint and has had a B&W filter on it since day one. There are a few light scuffs along the bottom and sides from normal use but nothing too noticeable. There's also a few specks of dust on the inside of the EVF glass- I guess this is normal? You can't see it when looking through the EVF though- only when you look at it from the exterior.

https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/DvnLAs4AMvSBYKE1rbSAhxygWvbpfPfV/IMG_20161011_220830.jpg

Comes with the following:

* X100S w/ box, media CD
* Battery charger & cable
* Stock strap
* Lens hood
* 2x batteries (1 extra)
* Leather full body case
* B&W UV filter (mint)
* Lenspen

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/i0m94

Looking for $550 shipped!

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 12, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

You need to put your username in one of the photos, FYI

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad

DJExile posted:

You need to put your username in one of the photos, FYI

Good call, thanks. I'll get that added later today.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

These things were paid for and I just shipped them.

Camera and light meter arrived really quickly. Can confirm that MrBlandAverage is a responsible adult and probably not a giant jerk.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Interest check on a Kirk BH-1 and Kirk MPA-2 before I pop them off of their respective Manfrotto carbon fiber legs? Interest check on those too, I suppose. It was all fantastic when I was using heavier camera setups, but it's just overkill for my mirrorless stuff now.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Interest check on a Kirk BH-1 and Kirk MPA-2 before I pop them off of their respective Manfrotto carbon fiber legs? Interest check on those too, I suppose. It was all fantastic when I was using heavier camera setups, but it's just overkill for my mirrorless stuff now.

I might be interested in the BH-1, though it depends a little on the price. Pics/price, please!

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Interest check on a Fuji 16mm 1.4 with metal square hood and original boxes. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post up pics. I'd also be down for some kind of trade on a Fuji 16-55 2.8.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

I might be interested in the BH-1, though it depends a little on the price. Pics/price, please!
Hello! Sorry for the delay -- I wasn't home much this weekend to get pictures. The conditions on all of these are excellent. Save for a bit of dust from disuse in the last year since I switched to mirrorless, the Kirk heads look new. The Manfrotto stuff is in spectacular shape too, with just a little dirt on the feet telling you that they're not brand new. Everything ships in its original packaging. The only other comment I have about condition: apparently the BH-1 came with a universal plate, but I can't locate that. I had an L-bracket on my 5D3 and can't recall ever using a plate. Either way, it's Arca-Swiss compatible with any similar plates or L-brackets. I can get more detailed shots of any specific parts if needed.

Here are manufacturer links to the 4 items I'm selling, in case people want to know more about the features/capabilities.

https://www.kirkphoto.com/bh-1-ball-head.html
https://www.kirkphoto.com/kirk-mpa-2-monopod-head.html
https://www.manfrotto.us/manfrotto-mt055cxpro4-055-carbon-fibre-4-section-tripod-with-horizontal-column (this is a link to a slightly newer version since I can't find a link to the 055CXPRO4, but as best as I can tell nothing really changed except for aesthetics)
https://www.manfrotto.us/694cx-cf-4-sect-monopod-with-magnesium-castings-holds-11lbs

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, these work beautifully but are just overkill since I got rid of my full-frame, big-lens setup. I don't really know where to price these, but let's say 50% off retail shipped within the US? So that would be...

Kirk BH-1: $175 (under 50% since it's missing the plate) sold!
Kirk MPA-2: $100
Manfrotto 055CXPRO4: $250
Manfrotto 694CX: $100

Paypal and US-only would be ideal, thanks!

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 17, 2016

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Hello! Sorry for the delay -- I wasn't home much this weekend to get pictures. The conditions on all of these are excellent. Save for a bit of dust from disuse in the last year since I switched to mirrorless, the Kirk heads look new. The Manfrotto stuff is in spectacular shape too, with just a little dirt on the feet telling you that they're not brand new. Everything ships in its original packaging. The only other comment I have about condition: apparently the BH-1 came with a universal plate, but I can't locate that. I had an L-bracket on my 5D3 and can't recall ever using a plate. Either way, it's Arca-Swiss compatible with any similar plates or L-brackets. I can get more detailed shots of any specific parts if needed.

Here are manufacturer links to the 4 items I'm selling, in case people want to know more about the features/capabilities.

https://www.manfrotto.us/manfrotto-mt055cxpro4-055-carbon-fibre-4-section-tripod-with-horizontal-column (this is a link to a slightly newer version since I can't find a link to the 055CXPRO4, but as best as I can tell nothing really changed except for aesthetics)
https://www.manfrotto.us/694cx-cf-4-sect-monopod-with-magnesium-castings-holds-11lbs

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, these work beautifully but are just overkill since I got rid of my full-frame, big-lens setup. I don't really know where to price these, but let's say 50% off retail shipped within the US? So that would be...

Kirk BH-1: $175 (under 50% since it's missing the plate)
Kirk MPA-2: $100
Manfrotto 055CXPRO4: $250
Manfrotto 694CX: $100

I'll take the BH-1. PM sent.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
My wife is wanting to get into photography with me, surprised me but I am happy with that! Looking for a Nikon D3200 or D3300 .. or something similar in the Nikon family.

Anyone selling something that would fit the bill?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

There is a d7100 in this thread and a d7000 for sale in SA-Mart. Full disclosure I know the guy selling the 7100 IRL but I would absolutely recommend getting a 7xxx body instead of a 3xxx body and the price for a used 7100 is going to be the same as a new 3xxx. The big thing is the 7xxx bodies have the dual dial setup that is widely adopted by all decent camera bodies and it makes it way nicer to use and definitely better as a camera for getting into the hobby. There are a ton of other advantages to the 7xxx series like image quality and features that you'll use that aren't on the cheaper bodies but I'm phone posting so I leave that to your google skills.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

VelociBacon posted:

There is a d7100 in this thread and a d7000 for sale in SA-Mart. Full disclosure I know the guy selling the 7100 IRL but I would absolutely recommend getting a 7xxx body instead of a 3xxx body and the price for a used 7100 is going to be the same as a new 3xxx. The big thing is the 7xxx bodies have the dual dial setup that is widely adopted by all decent camera bodies and it makes it way nicer to use and definitely better as a camera for getting into the hobby. There are a ton of other advantages to the 7xxx series like image quality and features that you'll use that aren't on the cheaper bodies but I'm phone posting so I leave that to your google skills.

I actually opted to go with the D5300 for her instead of the 3300. The tilting screen is nice and she might like the GPS/Wifi integration .. but the big thing is the size/weight of the body alone.

I have the 7100 for my shooting, so she can switch off and use mine from time to time if she likes as well. I ended up finding a good deal from Adorama for a refurb (same as my d7100) and kit lens.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I actually opted to go with the D5300 for her instead of the 3300. The tilting screen is nice and she might like the GPS/Wifi integration .. but the big thing is the size/weight of the body alone.

I have the 7100 for my shooting, so she can switch off and use mine from time to time if she likes as well. I ended up finding a good deal from Adorama for a refurb (same as my d7100) and kit lens.

I still would recommend the 7100 over the D5300. The dial/menu setup of the 5XXXX series is just annoying as gently caress. For someone just getting into photography it's actually a bit of a barrier. My wife uses my D600 over her own 5300 because she just doesn't ever want to bother getting used to the way it changes settings.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

BonoMan posted:

I still would recommend the 7100 over the D5300. The dial/menu setup of the 5XXXX series is just annoying as gently caress. For someone just getting into photography it's actually a bit of a barrier. My wife uses my D600 over her own 5300 because she just doesn't ever want to bother getting used to the way it changes settings.

Ignore my "cant find it cheaper...."

Adorama is closed until the 26th anyways it seems, they failed to mention that on the website when ordering...

I think the D7100 in this thread might be the go to.

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 17, 2016

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Wild EEPROM posted:

price dropppppppp

PM'd you good sir.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mAlfunkti0n posted:

PM'd you good sir.

I think he may have just flown to Europe for a couple weeks.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Wild EEPROM fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 15, 2017

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

I'll take the BH-1. PM sent.
PayPal received! I'll ship that out today!

edit: shipped! PMing you tracking.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 17, 2016

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
Selling Tamron 24-70 2.8 Di VC USD lens for Nikon. Excellent sharp lens, glass has no scratches. Some dust on the outside but otherwise in great shape.

Front and rear caps included - $600 $500 shipped

PayPal and US-only please. thank you!

PREYING MANTITS fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 9, 2016

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Selling a Nikon D750 and a Tamron 24-70 2.8 Di VC USD lens. Heading back to cropped sensor land and won't need these. Everything is in great condition, a little dust but nothing permanent. No scratches on the lens glass nor on the body/screens of the camera. Guaranteed to work flawlessly.

Nikon D750 body, body cap, (not pictured but included: battery, battery charger) -- $1250 shipped
Shutter count = 5358
Works great, no scratches, no dead pixels on the screen.

PayPal and US-only please. thank you!

I am actually super interested in this but its likely just GAS .. may I ask why you're moving back to crop sensor? I should also figure out why I actually want a full frame too ... but anyways :)

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I am actually super interested in this but its likely just GAS .. may I ask why you're moving back to crop sensor? I should also figure out why I actually want a full frame too ... but anyways :)

I like full frame for landscape and portrait stuff but I've found my interests are leaning more towards wildlife and that's where I've found crop to really shine. The call of a D500 is hard to resist. :)

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

PREYING MANTITS posted:

I like full frame for landscape and portrait stuff but I've found my interests are leaning more towards wildlife and that's where I've found crop to really shine. The call of a D500 is hard to resist. :)

Understood. While I basically shoot landscape stuff I should just stick with my D7100 and not go further in to debt .. but man that is a REALLY good price for the D750. I've not found it less than $1500 anywhere I've looked.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Understood. While I basically shoot landscape stuff I should just stick with my D7100 and not go further in to debt .. but man that is a REALLY good price for the D750. I've not found it less than $1500 anywhere I've looked.

I hear ya, I went from the D7K to the 750 since my interests at the time were more landscape/night photography and it was a huge difference. Never having to worry about noise is great. :)

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

PREYING MANTITS posted:

I hear ya, I went from the D7K to the 750 since my interests at the time were more landscape/night photography and it was a huge difference. Never having to worry about noise is great. :)

I actually don't want to pass this up honestly. When was the purchase date of yours?

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I actually don't want to pass this up honestly. When was the purchase date of yours?

I bought it January 22nd of this year off eBay. It was brand new in box, was part of a D750+24-120mm set but they sold it as just body only. I verified it wasn't refurbished or anything by taking a photo and checking the exif count, it was indeed brand new and never used. There were some D750 recalls but I checked the serial and it wasn't part of them. It has worked flawlessly since day one.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

PREYING MANTITS posted:

I bought it January 22nd of this year off eBay. It was brand new in box, was part of a D750+24-120mm set but they sold it as just body only. I verified it wasn't refurbished or anything by taking a photo and checking the exif count, it was indeed brand new and never used. There were some D750 recalls but I checked the serial and it wasn't part of them. It has worked flawlessly since day one.

Edit :

Just bought the D750, money is sent!

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 19, 2016

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Edit :

Payment received, will ship tomorrow in the AM and send you the tracking info. Thanks a lot!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Kirk BH-1: $175 (under 50% since it's missing the plate) sold!
Kirk MPA-2: $100 $75
Manfrotto 055CXPRO4: $250 $200
Manfrotto 694CX: $100 $75

Price drop! I'll let the monopod and head go together for $125, the tripod and monopod go together for $250, or everything left for $300! Get this stuff outta my apartment!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Edit :

You're going to love this btw. I'd never sell my d750.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Payment received, will ship tomorrow in the AM and send you the tracking info. Thanks a lot!

There's a small tear of joy running down my cheek at the moment, this camera is fantastic. Preying Mantits (I just noticed your username is NOT mantis .. ha!) is a very high quality human being, for reasons I will not go into .. but you should trust me on this.Thank you thank you thank you fine goon!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I'm selling a Wimberly Head v2 https://tripodhead.com/products/wimberley-main.cfm
$375 shipped

It's in good condition, a few minor cosmetic scuffs but all functionality is smooth. I bought it at a garage sale a few years ago and never actually used it.

Located in Seattle.

http://imgur.com/a/GXcFN

E: SOLD

Booley fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 10, 2016

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Interest check in a LEE Filters setup: holder, 3 hard grads, 3 soft grads, Big Stopper, and a giant B+H c.pol. that actually fits in front of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Anyone selling gently used camera bags? I'm partial to slingshot/messenger bags, as i travel pretty light and walk a lot, and was looking at lowepro's line-up but i'm a cheapskate.