Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151288850856/presidential-temperament

What the hell does this even mean? Usually people misuse the term cognitive dissonance to mean a lack of it but this is straight gibberish. As a hypnotist im trained to spot congitive dissonance :wtc:

He's using talking point number 3

Nonsensical rambling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

donald trump did it, he did what no comedian has ever managed, he got me to laugh at sexual assault

it is terrible and he is terrible and i cannot loving stop laughing

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm beginning to think Donald J Trump might not be a good person you guys

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Jose posted:

you're not a very good teacher then imo

There has to be a balance struck because a composition teacher shouldn't just be a skills teacher who tells you how to write a college paper and how to compose memos and tech writing so that you can get the job but my students are also poor, many of them immigrants, almost all of them first-gen students, who are paying (not me) good money to get the paper to make some paper. So I can't use my position to proselytize.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Have at it, but no need for attribution. Enjoy your likes.

Thanks, ill just do my usual "from the internet" attribution. I dont like pullin a Leary/Mencia

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
instead of going to bed I decided to go contribute to the freep thread

if you want to see a preview of election-night freeper thoughts, go dig in

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Do you like CHVRCHΞS?

Their early work was a little too synth pop for my taste. But when The Bones of What You Believe came out in '13, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear crisp sound and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. She's been compared to Depeche Mode and Taylor Swift but I think Lauren has a far more enlightening, endearing sense of intellectualism.

In '15, CHVRCHES released this; Every Open Eye, their most accompished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Leave a Trace." A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should because it's not just about the pleasures of self-affirmation and the importance of independence. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

instead of going to bed I decided to go contribute to the freep thread

if you want to see a preview of election-night freeper thoughts, go dig in

Oh god yes. I'd forgotten about the freep thread. Thank you.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsgBF7ZIsk

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do you like CHVRCHΞS?

Their early work was a little too synth pop for my taste. But when The Bones of What You Believe came out in '13, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear crisp sound and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. She's been compared to Depeche Mode and Taylor Swift but I think Lauren has a far more enlightening, endearing sense of intellectualism.

In '15, CHVRCHES released this; Every Open Eye, their most accompished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Leave a Trace." A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should because it's not just about the pleasures of self-affirmation and the importance of independence. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

unironically agree

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

There has to be a balance struck because a composition teacher shouldn't just be a skills teacher who tells you how to write a college paper and how to compose memos and tech writing so that you can get the job but my students are also poor, many of them immigrants, almost all of them first-gen students, who are paying (not me) good money to get the paper to make some paper. So I can't use my position to proselytize.

The debate is still tomorrow, plenty of material there to discuss

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Do you like CHVRCHΞS?

God dammit if I wasn't immediately going to work rn I would start cutting in the other lines with Baloogan's AV

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKTYj99Par3TPQCH2bHX

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh god theres a Chvrches song where the dude sings. It's awful.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nite crew seems pretty great but im having trouble with the chvrches, its just taking some time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im also old af can i sub skinny puppy or smth

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

The debate is still tomorrow, plenty of material there to discuss

We did this "live" tweet activity with the VP debate the day after it aired and almost none of my students knew which guy was the running mate of which candidate and they were really mad at Kaine for talking over Pence and thought he must be Trump's running-mate because he was an rear end in a top hat. Which is close enough I guess. At least it's clear where they fall on the top of the ticket.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

im also old af can i sub skinny puppy or smth

I'm an old, too. I just pretend they're talking about Nirvana and drive on.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Do you like CHVRCHΞS?

:trumppop:

but also, unironically agree

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/784548241534771200

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

The bloodgates have opened

30 days of madness, get hype

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Do you like CHVRCHΞS?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'd fuckin kill for an openly bi president

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What happens if she has to go to India as President?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Breaking news, this just in:

PUSSY.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
I know that there's lots going on at the moment, but I just want to say who the gently caress chooses Gennifer over Jennifer as their kid's name? Because it's pissing me off now that every time I read her name my brain goes "Genital - no, Gennifer". Every single time. So forget about Trump and his rapey behaviour, let's talk about Gennifer Flowers' parents being loving idiots. Seriously.

Also, Trump bad, vote bobblehead lady.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Perfectly Safe posted:

I know that there's lots going on at the moment, but I just want to say who the gently caress chooses Gennifer over Jennifer as their kid's name? Because it's pissing me off now that every time I read her name my brain goes "Genital - no, Gennifer". Every single time. So forget about Trump and his rapey behaviour, let's talk about Gennifer Flowers' parents being loving idiots. Seriously.

who chooses jennifer over Yennifer

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Perfectly Safe posted:

also Genital Flowers sounds like a euphemism for pussy, which Trump would use to appeal to women with his sensitivity

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats got like a gated community white person vibe, they like to do stuff like that

Jon-Benét Ramsey's father's name is John Bennett Ramsey.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

also Genital Flowers sounds like a euphemism for pussy, which Trump would use to appeal to women with his sensitivity

I think it sounds like an unusual but ultimately relatively harmless fungal infection.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Gennifer said: ‘I don’t know Huma or the Weiners. I justknow what Bill told me and that was that he was aware that Hillary was bisexualand he didn’t care. He should know.

'He said Hillary had eaten more p***y than he had.’

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
kinda getting worked up and jealous here thinking about how much pussy HRC might have eaten

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tbh if you were a lithe co-ed and this moved in on you at wellesley, what would you do

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

WeAreTheRomans posted:

kinda getting worked up and jealous here thinking about how much pussy Lauren Mayberry might have eaten

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Gennifer said: ‘I don’t know Huma or the Weiners. I justknow what Bill told me and that was that he was aware that Hillary was bisexualand he didn’t care. He should know.

'He said Hillary had eaten more p***y than he had.’

Bisexualand is a fantastic holiday destination. Wonderful beaches, beautiful hotels, and muff diving all along the coast.

e: Triggered by word repetition.

Perfectly Safe fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 8, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
im reminded of Ginnifer Goodwin and the alliteration kinda annoys me

WeAreTheRomans posted:

kinda getting worked up and jealous here thinking about how much pussy HRC might have eaten

"Yas Queen!" they shout in ecstasy.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
maybe it was hillary and monica all along and bill covered for both since he'd already taken the brass ring and figured he'd be set 4 life if he kept the hilldawg train rolling :2bong:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a relevant 2016 presidential election song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXW0l9pFYlA

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

tbh if you were a lithe co-ed and this moved in on you at wellesley, what would you do

Consenually grab her by the pussy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

• Locked thread