Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Comedy legend, Gail Simone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Ok, what are your fav lines?

Well I guess he's going to Queens. He'll be the third scariest thing on that train.

A room full of nightmares, not going in there.

Do you know how many federal laws you broke?
One?
No.
Two?
No.
Is it one?

I don't know if it's a black thing, or a lady thing, but I'm mad as hell.

Ext Ed: Guess whose desk I just set on fire. You'll probably guess later. When you see your desk.

Ext Ed: what happened in CERN?
There was a lab incident. A man is in a coma.
We're waiting for him to wake up.
He woke up yesterday.
Oh?
He screamed, then went back into a coma.

You know an aquarium is a submarine for fish.

I'm in a hide and seek tournament and we're in the semis.

Forgot about my new toys.

You just got Holtzmanned, baby!

Safety lights are for dudes.

This is just off the top of my head, there are many others.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 6, 2016

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

I don't know if it's a black thing, or a lady thing, but I'm mad as hell.

Forgot about my new toys.

You just got Holtzmanned, baby!

Safety lights are for dudes.

Why would it be a lady thing? They had just carried a lady.

Not a joke.

Not a joke.

....you like this line?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Not a joke.

Not a joke.

....you like this line?

Comedy is subjective. I get it. You don't like the movie. Other people do. You asked for lines that he/she liked and he/she gave them to you.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Yeah, I apologize. Being a jerk.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Not a joke.

Not a joke.

....you like this line?

That's no lady, that's Melissa McCarthy *gonk*

So what?

So what?

Yes, and so do many many others. People are putting it on T-shirts and badges for you (well, not YOU) to buy. It's very much entered the lexicon of popular highly quoted movie lines already.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Personally I'm still stunned I legit laughed at a queef joke, but there you have it

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"Never compare me to the mayor in Jaws! Never!"

Edit:
Abby: We have over a hundred comments already. And they're not all crazies. Come here, I wanna show you this. Read that.
Erin: "Ain't no bitches gonna hunt no ghost."

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 6, 2016

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Safety lights are, in fact, the most phallic light.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Wow, there are serious amounts of extra content for this film. Hit the "play all" for the jokes aplenty thing, got 11 minutes of improv lines and various takes on gags. Thought that was the run time for all the items in that menu, turns out that was only the first one, there are a fuckton of jokes of various quality in here.

Gotta say, if you"re someone who liked the film (and clearly some of us loved it, some hated it), you can't argue at the amount of stuffs here. Still got two commentaries and a bunch of making ofs to play with and these gag reels are just endless. One unused scene of Erin eating Charles Dance's Lindor from his desk against his will had me howling. Wouldn't fit into the film at all, but I really like the scenes where he's being fearsome and she's trying to be normal and make him like her.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I liked the "our president is a plant" line. I laughed a few other times, but can't remember when.

Oh, the jaws thing, too.

EDIT: One thing I would like, though, is more mentioning of the movie on SNL, though I doubt that'll happen. There have been a few, but an actual Ghostbusters-based skit would be neat.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 6, 2016

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Wow, the extended cut actually sounds like it moves this movie from Low- or mid-C to somewhere in the B range. But...

Parkingtigers posted:

Wouldn't fit into the film at all

Is possibly a good example of why so much of the film didn't work, perhaps? There's maybe a sense that action and dialogue and cuts within a scene feel a bit jarring. So, just insert this into a scene because we NEED a comedy moment, so just throw a take in regardless of how well it flows or not with the rest of the scene. There's maybe a lingering sense of cuts within a scene feeling detached from one another as a result?

Thinking about it in retrospect, the Kevin scenes, yeah, are funny, but in the film itself they almost feel like they're edited into it a strange feeling way that feel almost like cutaways to other scenes or something.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

EDIT: One thing I would like, though, is more mentioning of the movie on SNL, though I doubt that'll happen. There have been a few, but an actual Ghostbusters-based skit would be neat.

Earlier I commented along the lines of GB 2016 felt like an extended version of an SNL skit. Plagarizing an earlier comment I made on it: Like if SNL had a popular series of skits a few years ago that are just a "Geek Squad meets Ghostbusters" company where the joke is that these characters are way too over-qualified and over-equipped to deal with some mundane job that they handle. A different "________Busters" profession every skit with the joke always being that like if a Ghostbusters group had to do something other than Ghostbusting because there's not much money in GBustin' in this economy, but treated everything with the same degree of importance as they would a ghost.

But now I could see them doing this maybe once or twice before raising the ire of Sony/GCorps.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 6, 2016

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

There's a deleted scene that does go further into why Erin was separate from the others. It's about 6 minutes, takes place between the concert and Abby's possession. It's a decent enough scene, but a bit long, a bit slow, and can see why it didn't make the cut.

Really interested to see this. I could see your point about it being cut but at the same time I feel like you need that Abby/Erin relationship to be stronger since it was pretty bare bones as is and seems to be Abby's main story arc (and arguably a pretty central one to the storyline itself). Without it Abby doesn't really have a character and all the "welcome back!" and "I will never leave you again!" stuff falls flat on its face in the last 20 minutes.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

JediTalentAgent posted:

Wow, the extended cut actually sounds like it moves this movie from Low- or mid-C to somewhere in the B range. But...

Is possibly a good example of why so much of the film didn't work, perhaps? There's maybe a sense that action and dialogue and cuts within a scene feel a bit jarring. So, just insert this into a scene because we NEED a comedy moment, so just throw a take in regardless of how well it flows or not with the rest of the scene. There's maybe a lingering sense of cuts within a scene feeling detached from one another as a result?

This isn't different from how many movies are made. Loads of them start off as a rough cut of 3-5 hours and then is cut down to the required length. How much to leave, what to cut, what order to put scenes in... a good editor is basically the true hero of filmmaking.

My favourite comment on any YouTube video of a half-decent deleted scene is always "this should have been in the film" regardless of how it would have ruined the pacing, or contradicted something else there. I think most of us have seen a director's cut that actually worsened the film at some time. I think T2 Judgement Day is my go to for this, where despite liking some of the new stuff, overall it makes the middle section tediously long and is clearly worse than the theatrical cut. Unlike Aliens where the extra 16 minutes gave it a little more elbow room, and added good scenes like the sentry guns. Or The Abyss where James Cameron was forced to cut 30 minutes, so he cut the giant wave special effects to keep the human level stuff, only being able to restore the full true version after the success of Dances With Wolves, a film that incidentally is why we now get 3 hour movies in cinemas as it proved they could be financially successful.

Even the extended version of this film has alternate extended versions of the added scenes in the extras. Erin meeting her boyfriend and some oddball professor she desperately wants to impress, twice as long in the alternate version. Nothing bad in that longer scene at all, but as part of the film it would be too much. The extra scene is nice, shows Erin's life as a failing yet talented professor, her clearly lacklustre romantic life, and how she's craving approval and validation from others. 2 minutes does the job just as well as 4 minutes.

Watching these extras shows how improv-heavy the film was. Which again, is fine. Some great directors across a bunch of genres use this heavily to try and bring out something a heavily scripted performance can't. I think Mike Leigh used to have his actors do a few weeks workshopping and improvising a story before filming. But anyway, with so many alternate takes, so many longer takes, assembling all the pieces into a coherent whole must have been a real challenge in this film. There's 10 minutes of unused Holtzmann riffing, her first line to Erin (which was already changed in the extended edition) had like 5 other versions. The wig/hat gag while looking for the concert demon, (also changed in EE) has another 6 or 7 alternates. For every scene there's a choice of use A, use B, use Z, don't use it at all, use G but snip out some parts... as I say, editors are the true heroes of filmmaking. Heard George Miller had 420 hours of film for Fury Road that his wife had to then assemble into 2 hours of kickass. I could not do it.

About to watch the alternate extended interview scene. It's labelled "the longest interview ever", and is 15 minutes long.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Guy A. Person posted:

Really interested to see this. I could see your point about it being cut but at the same time I feel like you need that Abby/Erin relationship to be stronger since it was pretty bare bones as is and seems to be Abby's main story arc (and arguably a pretty central one to the storyline itself). Without it Abby doesn't really have a character and all the "welcome back!" and "I will never leave you again!" stuff falls flat on its face in the last 20 minutes.

Well the extended edition does have Erin punching the guy who calls her a fake. Which then leads to some really great Holtzmann gags reading the paper about the incident (love the Bassett Hound gag). There's an alternate line in one of the many gag reels which says "it's unflattering, but really well written" which I love. That sold the "gently caress with this..." attitude for a bit.

The extended edition does also have their high school dance routine/science presentation about ghosts being real which also fleshed out their relationship. In the alternate takes reel was another section that could have worked in the full movie, with Erin and Abby talking about high school, having other students throwing food at them and bullying them. Abby is making it sound like it was awesome "I stopped taking in a lunch box, they were throwing dinner at me" while Erin is making it clear it was hell on earth. But having both in would have made that dinnertime ghost girl chat incredibly long. All good pieces, but too much to have in one lump in the middle of the film. Theatrical cut worked for me, the longer chat with "ghosts are real" dance works for me in the EE too, but you've kind of hit the straining point of a single scene at that point.

The unused break up scene, just a leeeetle too long too. Another very short (60 seconds) deleted scene after has Holtzmann repairing the gear after the Abby possession and Abby leaving a message for Erin to get over there, and her saying "typical, never there when you need her". Glad that was left out, would have made the parting seem more of a big deal when Erin was just elsewhere and a little disillusioned.

I'm almost a little surprised they didn't go with the alternate line "couldn't let you have all the fun" instead of "wasn't going to leave you a second time" in the theatrical cut. Would have made it a little less of a loose thread. I get genuinely choked up at the scene as is though, I'm a sucker for great scenes of friendship to the end in films, Erin diving into the rift and the sound goes all quiet... Jesus, the room gets dusty every loving time man.

Edit: okay, the full 15 minute interview in the extras is just wonderful. Strangely missing the submarine line, and the 7-11 logo, but that deadpan comedy delivery from Kevin makes this longer scene a self-contained joy. His endless list of restrictions on working times, the numbers he struggles with, his saxophone watching lessons, the full tragic-comic story of Mike Hat... holy poo poo I'd absolutely watch a dozen long scenes like this.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 6, 2016

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
How are any of them over qualified? None of them act responsible around the equipment. Mellisaa literally rides a proton gun like a bull and spews radioactive beams in an alley around 3 of her pals.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

How are any of them over qualified? None of them act responsible around the equipment. Mellisaa literally rides a proton gun like a bull and spews radioactive beams in an alley around 3 of her pals.

And Egon built 4 unlicensed nuclear accelerators that he brought into a populated hotel to be used for the first time without any previous field testing.

We're talking about academic credentials (except Patty), not personal responsibility.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
He at least evacuated the god drat ballroom not keeping 3 pals in a alleyway.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
There's some really good stuff in the unused footage. I'm now hoping for a fan made super cut, I swear there must be at least another 30-40 minutes in here on top of the extended edition version.

Secret handshake. After the subway test, Holtzmann talks about her upgrade to the now portable backpacks, then does the fancy handshake with Abby. Kevin then asks Erin if they should have a secret handshake too, which she makes overly long and awkwardly sexual. Abby's all "don't you two have boyfriends" and Erin says no. Kevin isn't sure.

There's more on Kevin's hide and seek competition. Just a short chat as he leaves, good joke, should have been in the EE.

Patty's introduction of the Ecto-1 is longer, flows better, and has Holtzmann doing dad joke hearse puns. This should have been in the EE.

The ghost girl bonding chat has *another* unused element where Holtzmann talks about being class president (despite being homeschooled), and Kevin gives a pep talk to Erin then they have a secret handshake callback. Then he's playing with the not-only-deadly-to-ghosts grenade from the early part of the extended edition. Also shows up in another deleted scene somewhere, looks like it was going to be a recurring gag. Then Holtzmann being all mad scientist with a funny accent talking about storage of the deadly equipment. This is all quality stuff.

That then leads into the ghosts are real dance routine from the EE, but there is again a longer alternate version in the extras which includes breakdancing. If you added in the glass half full/glass broken into a thousand pieces chat I mentioned from one of the gag reels you'd end up with a 10-12 minute scene in total. But it would be all good stuff. So yeah, I need some nerd to make me a super cut of all this please.

Don't get me wrong, some of these deleted scenes were deleted for a reason, but the good stuff is as good as what was in the film. And there is a lot of it. I'm now of the opinion the extended edition was way too timid, should have gone balls out. Frankly though, I'm delighted to find so much good stuff in these files, which I've been plugging away at all day. I'm resigned to the chance of a sequel being close to zero, so I'm getting an unexpected dose of extra time in this world with characters I love.

Edit: finally got to the end of the alternate scenes. 4 really good other things in particular:

The mayor's office scene has a longer 8 minute alternate cut. The kooky PA has an incredibly disturbing mass hysteria panic video as her screensaver, and the Holtzmann counting gag has a version with a lot more numbers. Liked the brevity of the theatrical version, but there's so much good stuff in this scene.

The homeland security guys got an extra scene in the extended edition, but the alternate version has a full minute of them failing to unlock an SUV door that is pure distilled Spinal Tap that I'm sad didn't make it in. One of those jokes that is funnier because it goes on so long that it becomes hilarious.

I think the alternate unused version of the scene where they tell a cop about what happened to Bill Murray is superior. Instead of listing Patrick Swayze movies it has them talking about Casper, but an unfriendly version, and the cop has some lovely comic moments where he's saying it's nonsense and just scribbling on the paper instead of writing it down. He had some other deleted scenes mocking the homeland security guys later too, but this one was a little better than the theatrical cut.

Also the scene confronting Rowan at his device in the basement. Much longer, and the soups and salad joke is way extended. There's a whole extra discussion of stews, chili, and various other soup-related foods before the salad line. Holtzmann gets a couple of nice gags after turning off the machine too. Again, would have liked this in the extended cut.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 6, 2016

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Parkingtigers posted:

I've never been bothered about the "they kill ghosts" thing. I mean, they're already dead. Are they just being sent back beyond the barrier? Finally being put to rest? Disincorporated for x amount of time until they can reform? Let me count the number of fucks I give. It's a combat situation where trapping that many ghosts would be impractical, impossible maybe, and before they'even even worked out a storage solution. It's fine that they just blast the hell out of them. The complaints about this seemed to come from the "Boys Own Checklist of Things to Complain About in the Girl Ghostbusters". I don't think they planned to put Mr Stay Puft into a trap in "84 either.

Think of it this way. In the movie's universe, there is solid evidence that souls exist and persist past the death of their physical bodies. "They kill ghosts" could be more accurately phrased as "they destroy souls." That raises some serious ethical questions which I wouldn't expect to be addressed in a comedy, and so probably should be avoided when it comes to the grand finale. Dropping a line in earlier, perhaps during the weapons test scene, as to what they new tech actually does would have assuaged a lot of that criticism. The obvious interpretation in my mind of the fight as shown was that the ghosts were being destroyed utterly, but I honestly like your options. Finding a way to knock ghosts directly into the afterlife especially has the potential to lead to an interesting side plot. I just wish they'd picked one for the actual movie.

The original film, whether by accident or design, avoided the topic by sticking ghosts in the containment unit for further study. They could potentially be released again later. They may have been causing trouble for the living, but the assumption was that at least some of them were former humans. The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man wasn't a ghost but rather a form of Gozer, a malevolent god who was never indicated to have ever been human. Theocide has its own ethical questions, but given the imminent armageddon I can't fault the team for using the tools they had on hand in a last ditch gamble to save the world.

The new movie has a similar crisis, but it didn't involve the same decision to kill. The solution was to reverse the portal to force all the ghosts back to where they belonged. In contrast, the new weaponry seemed to me to be premeditated murder of souls. That's what bothered me while watching it in action.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
That all feels to me like a ton of improv, but little scripted material. Which is neither good nor bad, but I think it just also lends itself a lot of Feig not knowing how to handle the material maybe well enough to have a solid vision of what he wanted and being perhaps way too reliant on the cast to fill in the script for him.

I sort of wonder, still, if Feig is going to be very poorly regarded for this film even if the film itself does well with an audience in another few years. Specifically, if even the people who love the movie now will end up coming back in a few years and do retrospectives on it and start to analyze where and why the film failed outside of the haters. It's sort of like how people can go back to the first film in just about any first in a big effects film series and start pointing out how bad they hold up just after a few years. I mean, look at stuff like Harry Potter and MCU movies where the early films seemed to have been good and popular enough at release, but after newer directors came on for newer films got made, I think a lot of people started to sour on them.

edit2: Take The first two Harry Potter films. They're products in part of the early 2000s CG effects movie boom. They were popular films at the time and even though stuff got complaints I don't think anyone was really calling Chris Columbus's 2 films out as critically as they did by the time latter films in the franchise emerged.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 6, 2016

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
The only Harry Potter that anyone my age still talks about is 3. The first two, I think, are harder to go back to less because of their effects and more because they are very much children's movies.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Astribulus posted:

Think of it this way. In the movie's universe, there is solid evidence that souls exist and persist past the death of their physical bodies. "They kill ghosts" could be more accurately phrased as "they destroy souls." That raises some serious ethical questions which I wouldn't expect to be addressed in a comedy, and so probably should be avoided when it comes to the grand finale.

It's not like that convict ghost stuck in the electric chair down in the subway was having a satisfying or pleasant unlife or had a shot at redemption or ascendence, erasing its existence was probably the best end it could hope for and 'killing' it would be doing it a favour.

Slimer and the dragon ghost at the concert, however, were clearly having a ball so killing them or even just trapping them is more problematic.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

The only Harry Potter that anyone my age still talks about is 3. The first two, I think, are harder to go back to less because of their effects and more because they are very much children's movies.

HP3 is just about the time the characters and story probably got a little more mature, and the effects probably improved and they got a new director all in one feel swoop. A lot was said of the fourth film, too, I recall by critics who were keen to point out it being the first Potter movie to have a UK director with experiences as a youth from a similar educational background, so it was going to have a more little touches and flourishes that reflected on student life in such a setting. Etc.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's not like that convict ghost stuck in the electric chair down in the subway was having a satisfying or pleasant unlife or had a shot at redemption or ascendence, erasing its existence was probably the best end it could hope for and 'killing' it would be doing it a favour.

What if he was unjustly executed and his soul was undergoing a self-imposed torment and agony, seeking someone to help him uncover the truth until he could be at rest? If someone could just see past his tortured pain and just find the evidence that would set him free from this mortal plane!

(GBs look at him and evaporate him into ghost dust where he's doomed to a fate of total non-existence in the void of complete spiritual oblivion. That's also a kindness.)

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Basically all the ghosts were assholes to some degree, the suggestion being they were in the afterlife maybe because they were assholes and to be denied eternal rest? That's one possibility. At the very least, the ghosts who were working with Rowan in the film. There might be lots of friendly Caspar types busy doing happy things in afterlife and staying well out of things.

In the context of the Times Square battle, Rowan has broken the barrier so that the ghosts who do come through can literally murder everyone on the face of the planet so... gently caress 'em?

Ninja edit: ^^^^^^^^^ no, he actively takes part in attacking the Ghostbusters to prevent them from trying to save mankind. So gently caress him too.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I saw the movie for free at my cinema's customer appreciation showing with some coworkers. It wasn't awful by any means, but just a strangely bland and mediocre experience. Something about the comedic timing just felt really off. Like during the opening sequence the ghost tour guide said several lines that my brain registered as clever, but I never actually laughed until a good 20-30 minutes into the movie. This didn't seem like a unique reaction from me either, there were a fair number of people in the theater (yay free stuff!) but long stretches of time elapsed where nobody in the audience was even chuckling. Hell if I know what it was missing, but something about the tempo or delivery of the lines was just...off?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

JediTalentAgent posted:

edit2: Take The first two Harry Potter films. They're products in part of the early 2000s CG effects movie boom. They were popular films at the time and even though stuff got complaints I don't think anyone was really calling Chris Columbus's 2 films out as critically as they did by the time latter films in the franchise emerged.

I think the first was generally well-received, with Columbus getting credit for building the universe, but I remember even on its release the second movie getting criticized for being a bloated, boring mess that relied more on adherence to the book instead of telling a story.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I remember a big comparison at the time between HP1 and Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter was slated for slavishly sticking to the book, just taking the pages and putting them on the screen. LotR was praised for actually doing more than just treating the book as a shooting script and adding the director's own artistry too it. Which as a long time Tolkien nerd I fully agreed with, adaptations need to do more with the source material than just straight acting it out. (I didn't even bother to watch The Hobbit movies though, you can obviously go too far off the source, and boy howdy did he...)

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Went to a concert last night where the main act was MC Chris. Only thing is, I didn't go to see MC Chris I went for the opener but I stuck around to see MC Chris just because I paid for a ticket.

He mentioned that the new Ghostbusters sucked and the crowd went crazy. Yeah, I can't really see myself identifying with nerd culture.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

Went to a concert last night where the main act was MC Chris. Only thing is, I didn't go to see MC Chris I went for the opener but I stuck around to see MC Chris just because I paid for a ticket.

He mentioned that the new Ghostbusters sucked and the crowd went crazy. Yeah, I can't really see myself identifying with nerd culture.

Welp, time to burn my MC Chris albums and various memorbilia (some of it signed) :(. gently caress, why'd the literal only rapper I thought was good had to turn out to be a ghostbro. Ah well. Not like I was big on the genre to begin with. At this point the only rap I *do* enjoy anymore is the small bit missy elliot did for the Ghostbusters: Answer the Call theme. I actually can recite it by heart at this point. #winning

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
He said it sucked because it sucked. It's not a well written movie.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Welp, time to burn my MC Chris albums and various memorbilia (some of it signed) :(. gently caress, why'd the literal only rapper I thought was good had to turn out to be a ghostbro. Ah well. Not like I was big on the genre to begin with. At this point the only rap I *do* enjoy anymore is the small bit missy elliot did for the Ghostbusters: Answer the Call theme. I actually can recite it by heart at this point. #winning

I just want to take a moment to praise your continued commitment. You're a jewel. :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Also, burning MC Chris 'memorabilia' should be something to celebrate. :smug:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah sure. I thought it was a good film. But for something that isn't well written and should be easily known, you are trying your dammed hardest to try to convince others that it's the objective truth.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Is it as badly written as your posting history?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm not even sure this film was "written". Felt like they were given a general direction of the scene then improv'd the hell out of it

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's less that he's wrong and more that who cares. I didn't like the movie but I mostly forget about it until I see this thread got an alert. Also the movie did bad financially so your side has already won, just move forward with your lives.

Like how does bringing that up legitimately score points with an audience. "Hey this movie from 3 months ago sucks!" *Cheers and applause and bouquets of roses thrown onto the state* Both sides of this equation have some weird issues.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I dunno I wasn't there and don't know the context but if he brought it up out of nowhere yeah that's kinda lame. Then again iTs Mc Chris he's lucky he's headlining poo poo still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

it annoys me that this movie isn't out where I am till next month, it's like they don't want my money, at the point where it's easier to just get it through other means

• Locked thread