Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

EMC posted:

Where the gently caress are the skins at lads?

Probably not until Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I checked and it wasn't that, since I've hosed that up before. I get display elements and stuff not loading in quickly, like not showing the gun or playing sounds, stuff like that.

I had all sorts of issues using nvidia's overlay. You can just hit alt+f8 to start streaming (and some other shortcut to record) without using the overlay in game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Late night goon stream

https://www.twitch.tv/rbxbot

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

I really don't understand this loving game

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Cicadalek posted:

I really don't understand this loving game
I just hope a lot of scrubs come back for the Halloween event to help me recover my dismembered ranking.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

unless you're also in their tier, you're not gonna be playing with them anyway

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Manatee Cannon posted:

unless you're also in their tier, you're not gonna be playing with them anyway

They probably will since if the scrubs haven't done their placement matches yet they'll get spread out all over gold and platinum.

I've never heard of anyone placing lower than gold.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Thoughtless posted:

They probably will since if the scrubs haven't done their placement matches yet they'll get spread out all over gold and platinum.

I've never heard of anyone placing lower than gold.

I thought i was placed at bronze? 1444 ranking

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

TheresaJayne posted:

I thought i was placed at bronze? 1444 ranking

How, even? I lost 9/10 placement matches this season and got put in upper Gold.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Thoughtless posted:

How, even? I lost 9/10 placement matches this season and got put in upper Gold.

Your quick play/previous season MMR determines the level you start your placement matches at. He must have had a really low initial rank to get that low.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

:krad: Overwatch Cosplay :krad:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

http://rhv.tumblr.com/post/151509851196/overwatch-9-junkenstein-english

Looks like possible:

Witch Mercy
Jack-o-Reaper
Dr. Junkenstein
Junkenstein's Monster (Road Hog)
Viking Torb
Admiral Rein
Vampire Hunter McCree
Pirate Ana

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 8, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DrSeRRoD posted:

http://rhv.tumblr.com/post/151509851196/overwatch-9-junkenstein-english

Looks like possible:

Witch Mercy
Jack-o-Reaper
Dr. Junkenstein
Junkenstein's Monster (Road Hog)
Viking Torb
Admiral Rein
Vampire Hunter McCree
Pirate Ana

yessssssssss :spooky: :ghost: :drac: :zombie: :witch: :yarr: :hb: :syoon:

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Hope you all enjoy your special Halloween sprays.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Has the Halloween event been confirmed for the coming week?
I just got to level (2)99, and I don't want to take a break ...

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Not officially, but it looks like it's very likely to launch on the 11th since the end date given was Nov 1st and the last event ran 3 weeks.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I want that Van Helsing skin for Mccree and I don't even play him.

All the skins look p cool.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Chances are they're only going to have junkrat, mercy, and reaper as the new skins. It'd be neat if all the characters got them, but since they only did three for the summer games I can't see them releasing them for everyone. RIP Viking Torb.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Commoners posted:

Chances are they're only going to have junkrat, mercy, and reaper as the new skins. It'd be neat if all the characters got them, but since they only did three for the summer games I can't see them releasing them for everyone. RIP Viking Torb.

Summer games had more than 3 skins. Lucio, Zarya, and Tracer got 2, then you have Mercy, Torb, McCree, Genji, D.Va, and probably another I forgot about.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a travesty if Zenyatta doesn't get a new skin

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

DrSeRRoD posted:

Summer games had more than 3 skins. Lucio, Zarya, and Tracer got 2, then you have Mercy, Torb, McCree, Genji, D.Va, and probably another I forgot about.

Those were just recolors though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rein and roadhog didn't get anything for summer games but mercy did, even if it was just a pallet swap

e: ana and soldier as well. plenty of options for skins in that comic that don't double up on skins from the last event, unlike mercy

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

BillBear posted:

I want that Van Helsing skin for Mccree and I don't even play him.

All the skins look p cool.

SAME.

I am a terrible McCree, but I need that skin.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

My woes from missing AmeriCree will be gone... unless I don't get this one either.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
You gotta just not even think about it. There are no skins.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

13 levels between now and tuesday is nothing *lays in supply of socks*

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

DrSeRRoD posted:

My woes from missing AmeriCree will be gone... unless I don't get this one either.

I'm going to end up getting the Mercy skin and nothing else. I can feel it. This is going to be Summer games all over again :smith:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The leak didn't mention we can't buy these with coins like last time so there's hope...

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

RBX posted:

The leak didn't mention we can't buy these with coins like last time so there's hope...

They would be sacrificing a ton of revenue doing that, so it would be pretty shocking

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I hope they at least let us spend coins on Halloween crates, if they stick to the skins being crates-only.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The leak mentioned something about "credits" that can be earned, in addition to coins, which suggests that there's going to be some sort of seasonal currency in play.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Here's to hoping the skins are on an alternate leveling system so people don't get hosed over if they're in higher ranks. It was such a huge oversight for the Olympic ones.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think looks like you can earn credits in the PvE game mode coming out. Also sombra leaked

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I think looks like you can earn credits in the PvE game mode coming out. Also sombra leaked

so I'm guessing her weapon will be somewhere between Soldier 76 and Tracer (in terms of range and spread, no prediction on damage)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kenshin posted:

so I'm guessing her weapon will be somewhere between Soldier 76 and Tracer (in terms of range and spread, no prediction on damage)

Man I'm hoping this leak is real because she looks loving cool as hell

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

an smg, huh? wonder what they're gonna classify her as. offense?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I'd guess either Offense or Defense. She's clearly not a tank, and while it's possible she's a Support... I dunno, I don't get that vibe.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If she has any kind of cloaking (as rumoured) I figure that would make her a flanker (although I suppose it could also have defensive utility for setting up ambushes). Whatever the case, that gun definitely has "offense" written all over it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really really REALLY hope she doesn't have any kind of cloaking

also that invisibility is never added to overwatch because it's lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kenshin posted:

I love that hairstyle on Laura in SFV, and now I love it Sombra. Hope that's not just some elaborate fan render, because she looks dope and will motivate to make time for this game again.