Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're terrified of anything even approaching the neck, especially if it comes over the shoulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

What the gently caress are these offside calls gently caress this guy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They've looked it on occasion. The ABs have been holding on their try line for 10-odd minutes, they've pretty much had to be.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Nice try, great work to stay in field there.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Nice try, great work to stay in field there.

Clear obstruction on McKenzie, it should not have been awarded. Unless, grabbing an All Blacks defender off the ball to obstruct is a legit tactic.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh gently caress off.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Oh gently caress off.

If the likes of Australia/England/South Africa were penalised every time they did what Dixon did there we'd have more whistle than they do in netball.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Peyper absolutely lost the plot in the second half. Some shocking calls made and cynical infringements by the Argies not called. What a pathetic display.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Clear obstruction on McKenzie, it should not have been awarded. Unless, grabbing an All Blacks defender off the ball to obstruct is a legit tactic.

There was a wee jersey tug, would need to see if it would have made any difference at all seeing as McKenzie and the other guy both basically ran into each other and may not have got to the ball anyway, which is probably what the ref thought too.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

There was a wee jersey tug, would need to see if it would have made any difference at all seeing as McKenzie and the other guy both basically ran into each other and may not have got to the ball anyway, which is probably what the ref thought too.

Should have at least been referred, and there was a lot more than just a jersey tug involved. It was a pathetic, chickenshit call by Peyper and the AR, who should have put his flag up.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aaron Smith has been sent home after having sex with a woman in a disabled toilet in Christchurch airport.

Stay classy rugby, stay classy.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Aaron Smith suspended for entering toilet cubicle with woman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/37567785

There has to be a thread title pun in there somewhere?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Vaders Jester posted:

Aaron Smith has been sent home after having sex with a woman in a disabled toilet in Christchurch airport.

Stay classy rugby, stay classy.

Dammit!

The lack of embarrassing sex and/or bathroom related scandals was the one thing making this sport more dignified than Rugby League.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
But hey, good on him for giving all us short guys scrumhalfs hope.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That would be a rough way to find out your partner had cheated on you.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

The good news is we get a TJ start!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Apollodorus posted:

Dammit!

The lack of embarrassing sex and/or bathroom related scandals was the one thing making this sport more dignified than Rugby League.

Let's be fair, being more dignified than League is a hell of a low bar in the first place.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Let's be fair, being more dignified than League is a hell of a low bar in the first place.

He didn't take a dog into the toilets so there's that.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The people who stood there filming for 10 minutes are pretty vile. If you have a problem with it bang on the door and say we know what you're doing, All Black Aaron Smith, quit it we need the bathroom for our child. Don't stand there giggling for 10 bloody minutes then go to the media after a sudden onset of 'outrage'.

"I want to be clear we are not gossips or narcs"

*proceeds to gossip and narc*

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Yeah gently caress those guys. I am in no way defending anyone cheating on their partner (I assume he has one, otherwise why is this even a story?) They should be charged with invasion of privacy or whatever the appropriate charge is. Nothing gives you the right to go film people during business time.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Wow, what a lovely for his partner to find out he's a philanderer...

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Vaders Jester posted:

I know! That's what makes this so depressing.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
he forgot to put his finger in her eye afterwards to escape the ban

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Unimpressed posted:

I believe what actually happened is that the chick he was banging found out he had a missus and contacted her.

The whole thing is an over reaction because of the Chiefs stripper thing. The NZRFU just can't get this sort of poo poo right ever.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

tag youre fat posted:

he forgot to put his finger in her eye afterwards to escape the ban

Who did the eye gouge?

The Rabbi T. White posted:

The whole thing is an over reaction because of the Chiefs stripper thing.

Pretty much. This is an opportunistic beat-up by the press if there ever was one.

This all seems oddly familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2kOxnBLcHk

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 6, 2016

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Unimpressed posted:

That fact was public knowledge prior to the start of their relationship.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Anthony Watson's broken his jaw, and Dan Carter might have been on drugs during the Top 14 final. It's been a busy week!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He had an exemption.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
L'Equipe reckon the TUE wasn't confirmed. Although it being a corticosteroid used for a calf injury is a fairly solid reason in any case - you're not going to get much advantage otherwise.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
The agent claims he had a TUE, Racing claim he didn't need a TUE. Basically, Carter, Imhoff and Rokocoko were all taking banned substances but can get away with it because rugby has a very ill-defined window for when players are in and out of competition. This means players can take corticosteroids that have performance enhancing effects lasting well into competition but because the injection was out of competition it's legal. There's a journalist called Ross Tucker who's done a lot of work on doping and the huge grey areas that surround TUE usage, follow him on twitter for a better idea.

We all know rugby has a widespread problem with doping. We can sit here and pretend otherwise as this blows over, then say everything's fine when once in a blue moon a pro player outside of the international scene gets caught. I'd like to think of this situation as a chance for a serious examination of the deficiencies in anti-doping procedures in rugby, but that's just not going to happen as long as the viewing public are happy to accept the 'nothing to see here' attitude that is held by officials, pros and most ex-pros alike.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Guess the boks have given up on the dream of trying to score a try this game.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That should be the 50.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

NZ are absolutely the best in the world but holy poo poo, their opposition this RC has been garbage.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Wow SA, way to turn up for this one...

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Clownball in Twickenham already.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Stuart Barnes making snide comments has been great though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Technically a tackle... which is the best kind of tackle apparently.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:lol: at the sad fucks singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

In a scale of 1 to 10, what's Adam Coleman's IQ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Is it possible for that to go into negatives?