Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Mal, what if you dropped Palp for Lando? That was the team I was considering since my Palp is only 5*.

I've considered it. 5 man rebels is cool, but I feel like you want a dispeller, palp, or both. If I miss shock on STH (or AA removes it), things can go bad quickly. I would farm ip B2 for this reason, but I really want to get finn, finish speed challenge, and then farm speed mods for the next year...

I'm also working on Ani, I have his shards but his gear is quite the grind. Ani + B2 is pretty crazy synergy, especially after you throw in STH or RG. Add Lando and Palp and you've got a fucks with everybody team comp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Drifter
Apr 21, 2006
Hi, looking for a guild invite. I posted my info in the spreadsheet as well:

lewkwarm / 756-369-861

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

That was an interesting tournment, I think it was a lot less auction than most expected. On my shard there were only 3 going for the top...

#4 had 7.9k
#3 had 10.0k
#1 had 10.1k

Whoever hits #1 will probably not monetize much next time, and I bet all the top 3 will just want to finish the character. First time on a new char expect big spending but after that it'll calm down a lot.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Got some ok poo poo + 900k. Enough to participate next time but not enough to spend a single crystal.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I got 1 omega, 1 full furnace, 1 full mk5 stun grenade. 1.6m credits and 7 tier 3 ability mats for 0 crystals spent.

I hope they run these weekly :getin:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

That was an interesting tournment, I think it was a lot less auction than most expected. On my shard there were only 3 going for the top...

#4 had 7.9k
#3 had 10.0k
#1 had 10.1k

Whoever hits #1 will probably not monetize much next time, and I bet all the top 3 will just want to finish the character. First time on a new char expect big spending but after that it'll calm down a lot.

Hah, when I checked at like 6am this morning, my top had like 3500.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Mr. Neutron posted:

I got 1 omega, 1 full furnace, 1 full mk5 stun grenade. 1.6m credits and 7 tier 3 ability mats for 0 crystals spent.

I hope they run these weekly :getin:

wtf i placed in top 100 and i got 45 grenades and 40 scanner boxes :(

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Half a Shoretrooper but enough credits to get my RG up to 80 at least so I'm not mad.

But speaking of being mad, gently caress Palpatine so much. That is all.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Palp lets me do GW in 15min so no hate from me. Plus I have all the food arena toons so who cares if I sit 40-50.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

cowofwar posted:

Palp lets me do GW in 15min so no hate from me. Plus I have all the food arena toons so who cares if I sit 40-50.

who do i get now: grand moff tarkin, nebit, or greedo

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Jerkface posted:

I just did tarkin last for mod challenges but who cares about greedo or nebit.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Jerkface posted:

I'm working on Tarkin to play with an Empire team, but Nebit might be good for the vaporware Droid raid ...

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

cowofwar posted:

I just did tarkin last for mod challenges but who cares about greedo or nebit.

You care about Nebit if you want crit damage mods (you want them).

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Whitey Snipes posted:

You care about Nebit if you want crit damage mods (you want them).
Yeah I have Nebit, misread as Lobot for some reason.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Protip for the next time the tournament rolls around. Don't join in right as it becomes available. Wait as long as you can before the first reset, so you don't get grouped up with the tryhards who jump in right as it starts.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Someone in IGD said their tournament shard had a guy at over 30k, and he had every character in the game at max level and gear level. I almost don't believe it, but I should know better than to doubt whales.

Also, 18 of the top 20 were in the same guild on my shard. I heard something about win trading by putting up weak teams/removing mods? Fortunately I was on a little newbie shard so I was able to get top 100, but my gear rewards were total trash. :smith:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
They're planning on removing the win trading thing on the next tournament, probably by locking your defense squad for 24 hours or something like that.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002
So ... wow. On reddit a guy who took #2 in the tournament had to spend $3,000 to get there and stay there.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Karzon posted:

So ... wow. On reddit a guy who took #2 in the tournament had to spend $3,000 to get there and stay there.
People are hosed in the head.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I will gladly take his money and I will intentionally lose a bunch of games to him.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Dr. Venture posted:

Someone in IGD said their tournament shard had a guy at over 30k, and he had every character in the game at max level and gear level. I almost don't believe it, but I should know better than to doubt whales.

Don't underestimate whales.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The bad news: next week the level cap is going to 85.
The good news: the new raid should be coming this month, and it will use a different currency than the existing raid.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70780/tank-takedown-raid-and-level-cap-increase-to-85/p1

Edit: finally put together my Wiggs team, any advice in dealing with Rex?

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 7, 2016

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Complete all daily activities gives omega and experience after the switch to 85?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

The bad news: next week the level cap is going to 85.
The good news: the new raid should be coming this month, and it will use a different currency than the existing raid.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70780/tank-takedown-raid-and-level-cap-increase-to-85/p1

Edit: finally put together my Wiggs team, any advice in dealing with Rex?

Rex is rough for a rebels squad. I usually auto rex with my first biggs/wedge attacks so that sth can go taunt. If they have dispellers though, you might want to go for a more stun comp like rg and palp -- gotta land stuns on rex, murder him, then keep the rest of the squad stunned.

As much as wiggs are really good, I've been considering moving back to AA, palp, rg, sth, lando. Double tanks are good right now, and rg packs a stun.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I don't think I can handle a level cap increase. Not with so many characters. After that they will raise the gear cap.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

Also, 18 of the top 20 were in the same guild on my shard. I heard something about win trading by putting up weak teams/removing mods? Fortunately I was on a little newbie shard so I was able to get top 100, but my gear rewards were total trash. :smith:

That was me, here is the guy in question: https://swgoh.gg/u/skykr%E4k/collection/

He ended up with something like 33k points. The 2nd place / $3k guy also said he basically didn't sleep for the last 24h.

FYI, the guy I linked isn't event the only maxed out dude. Gaze upon the true whales and weep:

https://swgoh.gg/sync/leaderboard/collection/

Edit: also, they said they are going to max out all guilds raid points when the new raid drops. Might be a really good time to start an alt account or two and make a few guilds

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

Edit: also, they said they are going to max out all guilds raid points when the new raid drops. Might be a really good time to start an alt account or two and make a few guilds

Don't forget there is a 24(48?) hour cooldown upon joining a guild before you are allowed to receive raid rewards.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, so much for ''no level cap increase is being worked on''. Oh well.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well, so much for ''no level cap increase is being worked on''. Oh well.

That was like 2 months ago. They plan things out two weeks in advance.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

That was like 2 months ago. They plan things out two weeks in advance.

Heh, good point. Honestly it's not nearly as bad as last time, we've been 80 for over half a year. Also according to reddit the new raid is only going to drop the new gear, no 6* or 7* mods.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I really haven't been playing this much at all lately, especially since most of my mobile gaming time is going towards Brave Exvius. The sunk cost really isn't keeping me interesting and I don't really care about any of the new stuff they've announced.

I'll try and remember to get on to donate as much of my raid gear as I can, but if I need to be booted for a guild slot for someone else, that's fine.

sleepyfish
Apr 1, 2014

Applying to quigoonjinn as "chris".

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I've been farming mods for a week now and I still haven't found a speed arrow or crit damage mod. As a matter of fact, I haven't found ANY slot 4 mods in I think 3 days now. At this point I'd even take non-crit damage whites for slot 4 because I have characters with nothing there. God this is frustrating.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I hope they don't spike the cost to get to the new level cap. Seriously this better not make the game a giant credit/droids crunch again because that poo poo was miserable.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
If I can get more than 2 stuncuffs a day I'll go to level 900. It's been weeks and I have 19! 19 !!!!!!! I need 100!

I'll seven star Wedge before I get enough cuffs to get him to the next level. I'll probably seven star the next character to come out, too.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Has it been confirmed whether all of the currently missing gear slots for characters will be filled with new gear, or are some of them potentially going to be filled with existing gear? Would be nice to know if I should be stockpiling raid gear rather than gearing up my C squad.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I think they've said that at a minimum every existing blocked gear slot will get new gear. However, who knows what the recipes will look like. Since this is dropping next week, you're probably safe holding off on using potentially valuable gear on C listers.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Looking for a Qui Goon Jin invite! Signed up on the spreadsheet as

Mark Jewel 295-639-937

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
The new gear slots will be filled with stuff you get from the new raid. You'll still need to raid the rancor for those older pieces too as they won't appear in the newer raid. stun cuffs and the like might appear in dailys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Hoping for another tier of challenges that will give the non-raid-only purples (stun cuffs, stun guns etc) .