Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

Kasich has really never been on board.

Yeah but he is very influential in Ohio, a mandatory state for Trump. Large difference between silence and "I will not vote for him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Grey Fox posted:

In an ideal world, we get more of those types so the Democrats can gain/keep power, while the left wing of the party begins to feel more confident about speaking up rather than compromising, ginning up support over time.

It's not at all likely, it's just what I like to dream of sometimes.

yeah ideally that would happen, where the democratic party would the more right party, and you'd have something that would qualify as on the left in the rest of the industrialized world

i'd just be afraid, with the built in advantages that we have in our system and the history of conservatism, that the "sane" republicans would flee their sinking ship, regain their strength and begin to either pull the party right or make a new party

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
working on my game again. i picture scott walker as some kind of woods sprite like a satyr or centaur

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Trump still has a better shot than JEB!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Al! posted:

working on my game again. i picture scott walker as some kind of woods sprite like a satyr or centaur

if we don't have to catch a cat named pussy, then just smh

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Karl Sharks posted:

okay quick sort of PSA to everyone here

every now and then, just take a moment to really soak this in, this is loving unbelievable history happening right now: not good history like obama getting elected or women getting the right to vote, but political history none the less

you will want to remember as much of this as you can to tell your kids and grandkids (when they're old enough)

Can I just get drunk wearing footy pajamas at noon instead?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
the GOP are on track to easily out-Wagner Wagner by the time November rolls around

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Slate Action posted:

Yeah but he is very influential in Ohio, a mandatory state for Trump. Large difference between silence and "I will not vote for him"

he's been openly critical a few times, but yeah, this is def. more of a "gently caress this guy"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

http://www.270towin.com/maps/BWWPA
I WANT TO BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slate Action posted:

He refused to endorse or give Trump any help in Ohio.

Trump and his staff petty vengeful attitude made the relationship even worse.

At least the Dems did better party and Bernie bent the knee to campaign for Hillary.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The sitting governor of a state Donald Trump 100%, no poo poo absolutely has to win going from 'I don't like him' to full non-endorsement is kind of a big deal.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Keg posted:

Can I just get drunk wearing footy pajamas at noon instead?

you do you dude

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Al! posted:

please include ben Carson

make him a grain farmer and include pyramids for storage

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Al! posted:

Literally cant stop laughing about the name
Mike Crapo

He became Idaho's senior senator after senator of wide stances, Larry Craig, resigned in 2007.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Jesus, tomorrow night for Clinton is gonna be like being the only basketball player on the court w/unlimited time and a trampoline in case she feels like dunking Slam Ball-style.

Can't wait :allears:

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

holy god, 2016 is a cosmic singularity

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/784803865723965440

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

iospace posted:

http://www.270towin.com/maps/BWWPA
I WANT TO BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

no SC for extra boosted tears??

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zakkro posted:

Jesus, tomorrow night for Clinton is gonna be like being the only basketball player on the court w/unlimited time and a trampoline in case she feels like dunking Slam Ball-style.

Can't wait :allears:

will probably be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtvrc1PE9vs

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Do they pat the candidates down before a debate or is there an outlying chance Trump goes for one last big Art of the Deal

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sleepy kitty

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Kasich didn't even show up for the convention in Cleveland

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

2020 is going to be so loving boring.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

How should Hillary respond to Trump going after Bill?

she's had multiple answers to that poo poo rehearsed to perfection for months if not longer, like approaching two decades at this point

i have no advice for her because cmon she got this

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
didn't in one of the civilization games Pyramids effect was "get a free granary in every city"

i've always thought that's where that came from

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

"The actions of the last day are disgusting".

Jesus Kasich, this is actually hard to gently caress up.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

First he came for Muslims, but Muslims are the devil.
Then he came for Mexicans, but I'm better than Mexicans.
Then he came for China, but I'm not convinced China is real.
Now he's come for the pussy, and I... well, I like pussy.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

watch this space

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Like if Republicans knew a loving thing about Teddy, they'd be terrified of name-dropping him.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Many people are saying...nothing!

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/784812187433000960

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I only grab maids!!!!!!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

anime was right posted:

the far left of the democratic party is in no way anything like the far right of the republican party in that the far left just wants more poo poo that people do in weird nordic countries that are harder to scale and usually they ignore the problems associated with this but actually live in an idealistic real world and are generally capable of compromise (but theres weirdos everywhere)

Bernie wanted cap gains to be a lot higher than taxes in Nordic countries, to the point where even left friendly economists were like yeah that would be bad. The problem is our healthcare costs are so broken from years of market failure that universal healthcare doesn't work unless you have a government takeover of the entire sector and mandate lower costs outright, which would be a dramatic disruption that anyone whose wage is tangentially related to the sector would fight to the death, or unless you tax everyone at ridiculous rates to pay for our insane costs. There's not really an easy fix at this point. He probably should have just refused to say how he was going to pay for his plans he could never pass in the first place, and future Democrats will do that just as today's Republicans no longer pretend to pay for their tax cuts.

Basically I agree with what you're saying, but it's easy to see how Democrats can hop on that same pure ideology over reality treadmill Republicans have been on.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Grem posted:

2020 is going to be so loving boring.

That's what we said last time.

And the time before that.

But not the time before that 04 sucked rear end.

But then again in 2000. There is always more and it's always worse.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god. I just picked up the mail. The only thing in there is a mailer (addressed to me personally) from the Trump campaign.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/northlondongeek/status/784812499044630532

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh my god. I just picked up the mail. The only thing in there is a mailer (addressed to me personally) from the Trump campaign.

My parents got that last night, but I wasn't there when they opened it. Is it just a request for $$$ or what

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/784804121396346881

Even if Trump won't drop out there is no way to stop Pence from stepping down as VP nominee. I don't think he will do it but he probably has people trying to convince him to right now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Sharks posted:

watch this space

this is before pussygate polls have hit

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU