Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I love that, except for one, every single Contemptor that's modeled wrecking a dude, it's an Imperial Fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, you'd expect to see more Ultramarines, but I guess they didn't do that much during the Heresy

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey. I only just now noticed Recon squads have shroud grenades.

I mean they're not that great, or good, but it's something that vet tacs don't have. Still gonna snipe with heavy bolters though.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
I'm running this silly beast as a Catachan counts-as Auxilia Malcador Heavy Tank in a 40k Unbound list (everyone knows it's from 30k, and nobody has any problems):

However, I'm having an impossible time googling which of the many 30k books has the most recent rules for this tank. Can anyone direct me?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BuffaloChicken posted:

I'm running this silly beast as a Catachan counts-as Auxilia Malcador Heavy Tank in a 40k Unbound list (everyone knows it's from 30k, and nobody has any problems):

However, I'm having an impossible time googling which of the many 30k books has the most recent rules for this tank. Can anyone direct me?

The red books have all the rules, none of the fluff. Here's the one on you want for Imperial Army stuff like your bomb-rear end Warturtle:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy-Crusade-Imperialis-Army-Lists

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Legion red book - army list.

Will PM you.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Thanks a bunch, guys! Looking forward to PM.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Thought it had sent but I'll check this morning as it isn't showing up on my phone

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BuffaloChicken posted:

I always appreciate seeing something that makes everything I've ever done with regards to this hobby look like complete garbage.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Doing a mega battle/showcase game at a convention and they gave us some gifts.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Hencoe posted:

Is that an Iron Warrior outhouse?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Ghazk posted:

Is that an Iron Warrior outhouse?

Every player has a legion outhouse (objectives) and guess what we else we are fighting for.

Army dump

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 8, 2016

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Where's Magnus already. FFS.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I finally gathered up about thirty Kakophani guns and Noise Marine Sonic Blasters! Now which books do I need for Emperor's Children with those dudes as troops?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
The two red books.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-DK/The-Horus-Heresy-Legiones-Astartes-Age-of-Darkness-Legions

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-DK/The-Horus-heresy-legiones-Astartes-Age-of-Darkness-Army-List

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Perfect, thank you! Now I just need to glue a ton of Marines together...

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Hencoe posted:

Hey, I recognise those objective markers...

Here's mine.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

muskets posted:

Hey, I recognise those objective markers...

Here's mine.

The poop is actually supposed to go inside the outhouse.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

panascope posted:

The poop is actually supposed to go inside the outhouse.

Clearly you have never been to Glastonbury.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Played some Heralds of Ruin today - couple of games with my buddies. I ran a 5 Gal Vorbak force, my buddy ran feral + codex Orks, another guy ran Night Lords and the final guy used Khorne Demons.

GV are great but the low model count was savage for rout checks.

And now I'm working on this bad boy...

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Soooo, in terms of army composition, what would a fluffy pre-heresy Thousand Sons army look like? Maybe a small numbers of marines and a bunch of allied robits? I'm pretty sure the fluff has them using Legio Cybernetica forces.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

fluffy is what you decide. All the legions did everything. Even RG fought wars of attrition on occasion.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Good news guys, you can now buy an entire Titanicus Titans Maniple on FW

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

BULBASAUR posted:

Good news guys, you can now buy an entire Titanicus Titans Maniple on FW

Any savings with that bundle?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DJ Dizzy posted:

fluffy is what you decide. All the legions did everything. Even RG fought wars of attrition on occasion.

The books suggest, though, that the Thousand Sons' typical thing was a huge emphasis on combined arms and psychic coordination with psykers goddamn everywhere throwing around fire and lightning and precognition.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Sounds about right. Im thinking Brohood of psykers, with preselected disciplines.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

krursk posted:

Any savings with that bundle?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Huh, unless my math is off its a couple hundred dollars surprisingly. At that point though I dont think money is the issue.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That's a clean burning hell, I tell ya what.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Soooo, in terms of army composition, what would a fluffy pre-heresy Thousand Sons army look like? Maybe a small numbers of marines and a bunch of allied robits? I'm pretty sure the fluff has them using Legio Cybernetica forces.

Here's how FW describes them:

And one of their unique units is described as a group of psychic prescient assassins.

Considering that none of the writers have been able to agree on how psychic the legionnaires are, there's not too much to draw from the books. So: ML3 Librarian, Praevian are cool for HQ but need a non-support officer. Veteranss over Tacticals for troops is sound. Anything else v :) v

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Noone really knows what TS are going to be like. The only 'safe' bet is I guess dudes with bolters...

This diabolist model is absolutely awesome. As I'm doing red armour on it for WB with glowing blue runes, going to have the demon be summoned from blue fire rather than red. Exciting painting project!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

My 1k sons are just tactcals with bolters, and some terminators with ranged weapons.

The style will likely not involve a lot of close combat.

Other than that I'm in your boat as many others are, waiting for the book to drop.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Twisted posted:

Played some Heralds of Ruin today - couple of games with my buddies. I ran a 5 Gal Vorbak force, my buddy ran feral + codex Orks, another guy ran Night Lords and the final guy used Khorne Demons.

Those Night Lords own, love the dude with the skull hat.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Magnus pic is out!!!

Demon magnus

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Looks better than I expected from the idiot primarch.

#AhrimanWasRight

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Looks like thousand sons will get their own codex too.

#nipplehorns

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Funny seeing the 40k version before the 30k one.

Also Arhiman overcooked the legion.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Any UK hams doing ultramarines and/or word bearers?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

TTerrible posted:

Any UK hams doing ultramarines and/or word bearers?

Im doing WB, one of our gaming group (currently in Brussels) is doing Ultras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I'm disappointed he's not a one-eyed monkey