Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have one, though I rarely use the cheat function aside from getting BP for the Battle Whatevers so I can load up the Pokemon I breed with the moves I want instead of needing to sink a ton of hours into the Battle Whatevers.

It works pretty well, though the fact that it seems to need frequent updates is pretty annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kawabata posted:

Ok I just got a Xerneas through the GTS.

The guy, huh, wanted an Aromatisse. Yeah I have no idea.

Someone once GT'd me Yveltal for a Squirtle. People are cool sometimes.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Someone once GT'd me Yveltal for a Squirtle. People are cool sometimes.

In this case, though, I think it's just because they're version exclusives from opposite versions. I guess Xerneas and Yveltal would've been a more standard trade, but eh.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Being generous with Pokémon is the best, especially if you have boxes full of shinies from the days of the clone wars. Saw somebody looking for a shiny Umbreon, because shiny Umbreon is sweet. So, I gave him a shiny Eevee, then two more shiny Eevees', a shiny Dratini, and a shiny Charizard.

The worst is when someone doesn't answer your trade request. You hosed up.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Open Marriage Night posted:

The worst is when someone doesn't answer your trade request.

Yeah this happens too often. The most depressing thing is when you trade a couple of mans with someone, add them to your friendlist, and for some unknown reason they loving refuse. I have a total of 2 friends barely playing Pokemon XY/ORAS and trading anything is super hard and unfun. Not to mention I'm missing or need to trade for most safari mons which is pretty annoying.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Most of the time when some rando sends me a trade request, I'm in the middle of something, so I decline it.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
see for example I've been trying to get a simple Swirlix for the last couple of days and most of GTS is asking Yveltal or Meloetta for it and it triggers me

those people should be Ditto-hosed in the middle of the night

Ditto never takes no for an answer

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they've got a swirlix, they want an yveltal. makes sense to me

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Bongo Bill posted:

Most of the time when some rando sends me a trade request, I'm in the middle of something, so I decline it.

same but also 2/3 of people that I've been like ok let's do it just spend 5 minutes scrolling through their boxes offering shinxes and weepinbells

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

strap on revenge posted:

same but also 2/3 of people that I've been like ok let's do it just spend 5 minutes scrolling through their boxes offering shinxes and weepinbells

I think the most frustrating thing about trade is the "waiting for the player to finish" when you cancel. But hey everything about wonder trade, GTS, and "peer to peer" trading is super slow, clunky and designed in the most rear end backward way in an otherwise stellar game(s).

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kawabata posted:

those people should be Ditto-hosed in the middle of the night

Ditto never takes no for an answer

Hi just dropping by to ask if we can not do this

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Ruggington posted:

Hi just dropping by to ask if we can not do this

I pondered a bit and thought it was just a saucy Ditto joke and not the other type of joke. Apologies if it was taken as the other type of joke!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

edit never mind its been addressed

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
"Sorry you were offended!"

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

It's actually a Ditto joke.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/ianmcginty/status/753443340444700678

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
If Mimikyu were to choose a non-Pikachu disguise, what would it be?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Kawabata posted:

see for example I've been trying to get a simple Swirlix for the last couple of days and most of GTS is asking Yveltal or Meloetta for it and it triggers me

Don't go looking for trades. Instead, put up a trade of your own that's asking for what you want. In your case, maybe put up a Spritzee and ask for a Swirlix.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zoran posted:

Clefairy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zoran posted:

plusle

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zoran posted:

Jigglypuff.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

clefairy, the true mascot and friend

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I was thinking Hydreigon, the cutie :3:

Zoran fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 8, 2016

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
A Zororark that is disguised as a Mimikyu that disguises at a Pikachu.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Redeye Flight posted:

People are just assuming that when Torracat stands up it's going to grow a fighting type and be another fire/fighting, despite looking fire/dark as all hell.

I'm still bitter Emboar wasn't fire/dark

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the night crew meme has gone too far

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What kind of fossil pokes do you think there will be this time? Any famous Hawaiian dinos?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

well hawaii came out of the ocean my man. dinosaurs weren't around to see it

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What kind of fossil pokes do you think there will be this time? Any famous Hawaiian dinos?

A mosasaur and an Ichthyosaur. Or they could do some of the weird creepy crawlies from way back like Hallucigenia.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I guess it would be a bad time to mention that most of these were available over the past several months? :ohdear:

On the plus side, Volcanion comes out in two days, Keldeo is on Mystery Gift now, and you can also get a Meloetta and Genesect in the upcoming months. The latter three you could probably trade for some of those.

Also, if you're willing to get ORAS, you can catch Deoxys in-game.

I have all the 5th gen legendaries except Victini, because I was actually paying attention to the events during that period of time. but I get in and out of being interested in playing Pokemon, sometimes going months without picking up my 3DS.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Probably a coelacanth and <insert some other fossil fish here>.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oddium posted:

well hawaii came out of the ocean my man. dinosaurs weren't around to see it

Tbf I never claimed to be a scientist

E: looks like their fossils are mostly corals and molluscs so how bout a tough rear end snail

Double edit: Magcargo ancestor. Fossil and alolan form in one. You're welcome Nintendo.

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 9, 2016

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
We already have Relicanth and he already fantastic and an honorary fossil in my eyes. The sturdy motherfucker always surprises me in the Battle Maison.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I think pikaboo is gonna be my new favorite :3:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

bobjr posted:

I wonder how many people watched and heard Suicune said for the first time so they know how it's pronounced now.

I hate that it's spelled with a C and an E, why couldn't they just spell it Suikun?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I hate that it's spelled with a C and an E, why couldn't they just spell it Suikun?

Because localization is hard.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Also Linoone shouldn't have an E at the end, it looks like "lin-oh-one" and Gible should be Gibble, since with one B you'd think it rhymed with Bible.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would think it's pronounced gible, like the pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

things are going to get more confusing when they reveal guy-bull