Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

GunnerJ posted:

Why do the two devils look so pissed off?

Maybe she accidentally dumped them in an angel stronghold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The protagonist (the woman on the bed) really messed their plans up. She scarpered off while the taller one was talking so that she could invade an evil queen's castle. The shorter one used to be very powerful, until the protagonist turned them into a small imp.

Hm OK. I'd figured that Princess Jack etc. Esq would be mad about getting that name but since they were both pissed off I thought it might be for the same reason.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

GunnerJ posted:

Why do the two devils look so pissed off?

Cio because she's been waiting and waiting for Allison to finally wake up, all that boring sleeping and recovering is the not the activity of a true hero.

Princess because that is her default state.

I don't think this is Cio's place, she was living in Preem Nand's house before. And it doesn't look like White Chain's apartment, no big dramatic windows. Princess presumably lives in the void somewhere, near that bar, if she lives anywhere. It must be the serving girl's place?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Could be the boat, or some inn somewhere in the reaches of Throne far away from Mottom.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
it's the goddamn boat.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Looks like a cabin in the boat.

e: Oops! Refresh, THEN post.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it's the cabin in the boat

which is lodged in her college dorm and has been surrounded by military police for over a week

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AriadneThread posted:

it's the cabin in the boat

which is lodged in her college dorm and has been surrounded by military police for over a week

I think it's sad that her Earth lacks an Australia and most of the marsupials we know and love.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I assume they are pissed because of where Alison transported the ship. Probably floating above Mammon's place or something

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They're not angry, they've just spent the last six hours practicing their badass pose-as-a-team for when Allison wakes up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Is a devils gender determined by their name? Since naming them is kind of what defines them?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The tall lady in the back is just the girl Allison stole clothes from? Wonder what her deal is.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Benson Cunningham posted:

The tall lady in the back is just the girl Allison stole clothes from? Wonder what her deal is.
A hero saved me and everything is loving amazing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

AtomikKrab posted:

Is a devils gender determined by their name? Since naming them is kind of what defines them?

This devil is basically brand new, since Vladok decided to pull the devil equivalent of detonating a suicide vest when he broke his mask. When Allison re-bound this one she basically gave it a whole new identity.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bell_ posted:

A hero saved me and everything is loving amazing.

she really did, too. if not for Allison, her neck would have been slit to feed a stupid tree that's not even alive anymore

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

wiegieman posted:

It was a one panel flashback here, but who can tell gender from that tiny shot. It's obviously Cio in better days though, the horns match up perfectly. I have a feeling that's Cio's whole arc; she can't do stuff with pure power anymore, but raw might is just one measure of strength.

It just occurred to me that Cio is saying 'get to the chopper" in that last panel.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A.o.D. posted:

It just occurred to me that Cio is saying 'get to the chopper" in that last panel.

I think chopwise comes from chop chop, ie. quickly

e; but cio with an arnie accent is top tier so that's my new headcannon thanks

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mr. Lobe posted:

she really did, too. if not for Allison, her neck would have been slit to feed a stupid tree that's not even alive anymore

To be fair, if not for Allison, that stupid tree would still be alive.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Wonder which demiurge we get to hang out with next. I really hope it's Jadis. Or the dragon dude we know next to nothing about.

Edit: Nevermind! Mammon is next, I just read it on his wiki page.

Edit Two: Oh man and we get to see 6 (7?) Juggernaut Star's angel form soon.

Benson Cunningham fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 9, 2016

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

wiegieman posted:

This devil is basically brand new, since Vladok decided to pull the devil equivalent of detonating a suicide vest when he broke his mask. When Allison re-bound this one she basically gave it a whole new identity.

She seems to have at least retained a fondness for her pipe, and the way she talked immediately after being renamed didn't sound like someone who just came into existence. Devils probably only lose their identity if they like allow their black flame to dissipate or whatever. Vladok spent like less than a minute unbound before being remasked by Allison.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Mr. Lobe posted:

Probably its still not safe for her to go back home so she might as well follow the hero.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Begemot posted:

She seems to have at least retained a fondness for her pipe, and the way she talked immediately after being renamed didn't sound like someone who just came into existence. Devils probably only lose their identity if they like allow their black flame to dissipate or whatever. Vladok spent like less than a minute unbound before being remasked by Allison.

Some memory loss does happen apparently.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

She can stay in Alison's room on Earth when they go back. She can teach them about the YISUN.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

It's probably a relevant factor. Other relevant factors:

- internal experience of gender like everyone else
- being a blue devil, which are female by default

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Wonder which demiurge we get to hang out with next. I really hope it's Jadis. Or the dragon dude we know next to nothing about.

Edit: Nevermind! Mammon is next, I just read it on his wiki page.

Edit Two: Oh man and we get to see 6 (7?) Juggernaut Star's angel form soon.
I'm pretty sure we've already seen Juggernaut Star's form in the void.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if we will ever see juggs pre-thorn knighthood.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if we will ever see juggs pre-thorn knighthood.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

You're a treasure Cryophage.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

A.o.D. posted:

I'm pretty sure we've already seen Juggernaut Star's form in the void.

We've seen ol' 6 Juggs in the void, but he was there physically, like Allison, not in his armor-less raw form, like White Chain or Vigilant Gaze and his crew.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Begemot posted:

We've seen ol' 6 Juggs in the void, but he was there physically, like Allison, not in his armor-less raw form, like White Chain or Vigilant Gaze and his crew.

Yes, that is his armor-less form. He was clearly different from his armored form there, what with actually having eyes (sort of) and a mouth and being a lot thinner and all that. I have no idea where you're getting this from.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Roland Jones posted:

Yes, that is his armor-less form. He was clearly different from his armored form there, what with actually having eyes (sort of) and a mouth and being a lot thinner and all that. I have no idea where you're getting this from.

I could have sworn there was a tumblr answer that said that, but I looked at the pages and you're totally right! My bad.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Begemot posted:

I could have sworn there was a tumblr answer that said that, but I looked at the pages and you're totally right! My bad.

Yeah, the Thorns seem to have a weird thing going on where their forms within the armor mirror the armor itself almost exactly (minus a few things like Juggs's eye spikes most of the time), like they've been reshaped and deformed to fix it. They also seem to be lacking wings, unlike most other angels, which might be related, particularly given their connection to Metatron, who both makes them their new armor and has all those wings bursting out of his form and whatnot.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

wiegieman posted:

I hadn't thought about it until now, but what happened to the devil that Allison stole the mask from? I guess the magisters there could have rebound it more easily than Vladok.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Party Boat posted:

I hadn't thought about it until now, but what happened to the devil that Allison stole the mask from? I guess the magisters there could have rebound it more easily than Vladok.

He was already masked, he was negotiating for an upgrade.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
His old mask was worn and torn, with a broken horn. New mask was the old made intact, but Alison had to act, and it ended up on Princess in fact.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Did she steal a mask from a demon or just a guy wearing a mask?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Did she steal a mask from a demon or just a guy wearing a mask?

If you have to ask she stole that mask, but not from the one who wore or needed that mask, but from those who made it their task to replace that mask.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

This is dumb and you guys suck at rhyming, those are all really bad and the meter is poo poo. You're embarrassing yourselves.

The mask was not being worn by anyone. It was sitting on a table, having been brought to the demons' bar by three adventurers. They were hoping to entice a specific other, already-masked demon to a deal with "look, we brought you a new mask, it's just like your old one but less lovely" as their carrot, but the other guy hadn't agreed yet when Vladok walked in and everyone got distracted.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Iny posted:

This is dumb and you guys suck at rhyming, those are all really bad and the meter is poo poo. You're embarrassing yourselves.

The mask was not being worn by anyone. It was sitting on a table, having been brought to the demons' bar by three adventurers. They were hoping to entice a specific other, already-masked demon to a deal with "look, we brought you a new mask, it's just like your old one but less lovely" as their carrot, but the other guy hadn't agreed yet when Vladok walked in and everyone got distracted.

Does hating fun pay well for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A person who does dislike fun, why that's all well and good, but to intrude on the rest of us is a sign of a poor mood.