Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Hey I remember reading some goons in Columbus and playing with Akron goons. Are there any warmagoons in Akron? My friend and I are debating about starting to go to JAC Games and it might be nice to meet some internet strangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Lets be honest while we're at it, in many cases putting things 1.01" apart instead of base to base is not going to hurt you very much.
But it is certainly going to hurt you.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Madraks axe is rng 0" apparently.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

PaintVagrant posted:

Madraks axe is rng 0" apparently.

Yeah i caught that too. Idiot clearly didn't actually think about how it really works.

In other news, i need one of you to convince me NOT to buy a second unit of mist riders. They're so goaty!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Buy all of the goats. gently caress, why must every faction of this game be so appealing?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Iceclaw posted:

Buy all of the goats. gently caress, why must every faction of this game be so appealing?

Hmmm you make a good case.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
How much fragile backline support do you expect there to be?
I could maybe see 2 min units, but that hardly seems worth the cost.

And if you don't make use of their speed, Circle is full of other infantry shredders that are way cheaper, albeit less goaty.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
toot toot all aboard the goat boat

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Wizard Styles posted:

How much fragile backline support do you expect there to be?
I could maybe see 2 min units, but that hardly seems worth the cost.

And if you don't make use of their speed, Circle is full of other infantry shredders that are way cheaper, albeit less goaty.

Earlier I had 5 goats kill like a dozen drudges between impacts, charges, and battle wizards. And that was with some toughs going off.

evenworse username posted:

toot toot all aboard the goat boat

:yeah:

In other news, turns out cephalyx are completely immune to Mohsar's feat AND one of his signature spells. God drat!

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Waiting now for balance before buying fully into a new faction, minions or circle I dunno.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

lokipunk posted:

Waiting now for balance before buying fully into a new faction, minions or circle I dunno.

Minions. Definitely minions.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Circle and minions both are strong. Get on the goat boat or the gatorvator. Either way you'll have fun.

Butt Beholder
Jun 24, 2006

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Fyrbrand posted:

Now that I'm more awake and feel like digging through my paperwork, I have most of the list pairs for the Top 6 from that Masters, if anyone cares:

Sevvy2/Kreoss3
Stryker2/Caine2
Stryker2/Haley2
Denny1/Venethrax (Lots of players/watchers commented on the brutal Denny1 list, need to get dude to send it to me)
Rasheth/Mordikaar
Stryker2/Haley2
Rasheth/Mordikaar(going from memory here, not 100% on Mordikaar)
Kaelyssa/Rahn (total guess on Rahn)

Gimme those dang cryx lists.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Jimmy Hats posted:

Earlier I had 5 goats kill like a dozen drudges between impacts, charges, and battle wizards. And that was with some toughs going off.
I would never doubt the ability of the goats and attached druids to tear through single wound infantry. But that's a 20 point unit doing a job that, in Circle, can be handled by far cheaper options.
Two full units of goats is almost half your non-support points going into low-POW lightning attacks. The goats can get to stuff in the back that Night Witches etc. couldn't reach, but even if there are enough targets for two units of goats in the back, would you ever really be able to commit them to that?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Wizard Styles posted:

But that's a 20 point unit doing a job that, in Circle, can be handled by far cheaper options.

Counterpoint: Goats own and look sweet.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Circle and minions both are strong. Get on the goat boat or the gatorvator. Either way you'll have fun.

There any plans for a minions starter box that we know about because id get on the gatorvator so fast if there was.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I think we can reach a compromise here by agreeing that PP needs to release a Mist Rider solo asap.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Business Gorillas posted:

There any plans for a minions starter box that we know about because id get on the gatorvator so fast if there was.

There was...like, two merc starter boxes back in Mk1, and they got dropped for Mk2. With all the different subfactions, it's unlikely that we'll see any attempt to have starter boxes for mercs or minions.

If you like the idea of gators, pick a warlock or two that especially catch your eye and ask the thread for advice on what goes well with them.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Wizard Styles posted:

I would never doubt the ability of the goats and attached druids to tear through single wound infantry. But that's a 20 point unit doing a job that, in Circle, can be handled by far cheaper options.
Two full units of goats is almost half your non-support points going into low-POW lightning attacks. The goats can get to stuff in the back that Night Witches etc. couldn't reach, but even if there are enough targets for two units of goats in the back, would you ever really be able to commit them to that?

Yeah I mean 2 units of goats was never about being good, it was about

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Anyways I didn't buy them yet but every time I go play I will eyeball them with longing

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Aww yuss had a dude trade some of my old magedick cards in and now my Morv2 is on the way.

I guess I should be NOT bad and run her with like some prowl dudes and some stalkers, huh?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I also want to point out that Linus + Edrea are quite good and putting precision strike on your CRA units is pretty nasty!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Anyone have the shortlist guide for legion list building? Bought an all in one a bit ago and have no idea how many of what to run coming from khador.

Have the all in one, another rhyas, lylyth, a seraph, a d a shredder.

All in one is saeryn, Angelious, neraph, magnetiZed carnivean, deathstalker, striders, and 2 Shepard's

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jimmy Hats posted:

I also want to point out that Linus + Edrea are quite good and putting precision strike on your CRA units is pretty nasty!

Huh, I didn't even think about that. I'll be trying that out with a snipe caster and then hiding my long gunners behind trencher smoke :getin:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Excelsiortothemax posted:

That's sort of my feeling. I'm gonna wait for the 5% rebalance and throw fix (maybe posse buff?) and then buy in. I still need another unit of banes and raiders and gunslingers for Cryx so it will be awhile.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Jimmy Hats posted:

Aww yuss had a dude trade some of my old magedick cards in and now my Morv2 is on the way.

I guess I should be NOT bad and run her with like some prowl dudes and some stalkers, huh?

Double skinwalkers oh yea.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

Huh, I didn't even think about that. I'll be trying that out with a snipe caster and then hiding my long gunners behind trencher smoke :getin:

I had a lot of success with them on reeves. Pretty much guaranteed you're gonna clip something's cortex with 2 pow 19 preciaion strikes.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I considered running Caine 2 with Lynus & Edrea, Pendrake, Alten Ashley and 2 Arcane Tempest Riflemen against a friends Lylyth 3 list that is mostly Beasts but I figured I prefer to keep my friends.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I played Fiona with Lynus + Edrea on the Commodore Cannon, as well as Kell and Alten Ashley against a friend who played trolls. I apologized afterwards, but now he puts at least one bouncer in every list. :v:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
LnE are the best secret tech pieces. So good.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

LnE are the best secret tech pieces. So good.

Fine! God! I put them in my lists! Are you happy now?!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What are the chances that Ret gets dicked by the upcoming errata? I want to buy into a non-Cygnar faction finally, but I don't want to paint and assemble something just to have it turn lovely in a few months.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Play Khador then. :getin:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I think Ret is just in an overall good place. I'd be surprised if PP were focusing on them for the upcoming errata. I guess there's a certain possibility that they nerf the Arcanist, which would be bad. Seems unlikely, but who knows?

But I wouldn't pick up a new faction before the errata are out regardless.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

fadam posted:

What are the chances that Ret gets dicked by the upcoming errata? I want to buy into a non-Cygnar faction finally, but I don't want to paint and assemble something just to have it turn lovely in a few months.

They aren't revisiting entire factions other than Skorne. I mean Sentinels might get looked at but other than that I wouldn't be worried about it unless there's something drastic I'm forgetting, and even then, I wouldn't expect Ret to get touched.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

S.J. posted:

They aren't revisiting entire factions other than Skorne. I mean Sentinels might get looked at but other than that I wouldn't be worried about it unless there's something drastic I'm forgetting, and even then, I wouldn't expect Ret to get touched.

Cool, now I just need to find a store in Canada that sells Arcanists.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

S.J. posted:

Ossyan is the only other likely target I can think of.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Ossyan is the only other likely target I can think of.

Just take away deadeye :getin:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I can see sentinels getting a different mini feat than Iron Zeal. Ret just has too many arm stacking options with them, in my opinion!

Anyways, played my first game with Morv2 today, put myself down to 1 health, twice. Feels gud.

Played this

http://conflictchamber.com/#b81bcG5l5l4Bgn554S5sfB5fc95g

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points

(Morvahna 2) Morvahna the Dawnshadow [+27]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Gorax Rager [7]
Druid Mist Riders (min) [12]
Tharn Wolf Riders (min) [11]
Reeves of Orboros (max) [16]
- Reeve of Orboros Chieftain & Standard [4]
Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr [5]
Shifting Stones [3]
Gallows Grove [2]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]

Did pretty well. Snuck out a win against Reznik2, just barely! Trying to figure out if double min cav is the way to go for versatility or if I want a max unit of one or the other for a more reliable feat. I lost all the mist riders in a single turn, but was able to bring back two of my wolf riders.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/14736-Modifx-Magnets-Booster-Pack-3-00mm.aspx does anyone have any experience with Modifx magnets? I'm wondering if these will be good enough to Magnetize my Ret heavy jacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fadam posted:

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/14736-Modifx-Magnets-Booster-Pack-3-00mm.aspx does anyone have any experience with Modifx magnets? I'm wondering if these will be good enough to Magnetize my Ret heavy jacks.

Those are the exact ones i buy, from the same retailer! I suggest the 3mm ones. They have fantastic pull strength.