Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

grim dawn and overwatch once im outta work :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I played Overwatch instead.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Weekend without internet here and i'm gonna finally reach the nuclear throne.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i got into the steep alpha so im gonna try that out later tonight

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I bought dying light. It's dumb but I get adrenal rush from jumping

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time atm.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

Weekend without internet here and i'm gonna finally reach the nuclear throne.

ok lol i just died to the throne laser and i think i'm going to take a break for a little bit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The throne laser is BS the first time you see it because there's no way you'd know what was about to happen and it's a OHKO

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
more civ

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah i haven't spoiled myself on the fight or anything so that's exactly what happened but honestly i laughed out loud, i can't even get that mad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Aside from the one in YV's crib , do golden weapons not show up until you loop?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

YVs crib is the only way you get golden weapons but if you survive the level you can start with whatever one you got

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

i got into the steep alpha so im gonna try that out later tonight

Please post your impressions when you do, I'm kinda interested in it from the E3 presentation.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Please post your impressions when you do, I'm kinda interested in it from the E3 presentation.

yeah thats what got me, it looks like snow but with an actual dev team behind it instead of a couple norse dudes

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
2 gigs to go and i gotta go to work

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Unless the 60fps patch is out for Mafia I think Lovely Planet Arcade.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The Lovely Planet.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

Aside from the one in YV's crib , do golden weapons not show up until you loop?

Speaking of. How do the bonus areas work. Like once after I looped Big Bandit spawned on 1-1 and I got teleported to an undersea area. And sometimes I randomly find a green portal in the sewers to the turtle sewers. IDGI.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Speaking of. How do the bonus areas work. Like once after I looped Big Bandit spawned on 1-1 and I got teleported to an undersea area. And sometimes I randomly find a green portal in the sewers to the turtle sewers. IDGI.

you have to use a wiki

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

The 1-x portal spawns if you rush the chests without killing anything, which will summon the bandit boss, if you then kill him in under a certain about of time it will spawn the portal. The turtle level spawns if you blow up the round manhole cover (there is always one in the sewers) with an explosive weapon. There are a few other secret levels but I've never gotten any besides YT's mansion, I think you can get one by going to crystal caverns with a cursed weapon but I'm not sure about that

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

trying to jack off posted:

you have to use a wiki

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's also my understanding that the undersea one is pretty bad unless you're speedrunning because it skips a bunch of levels but doesn't proportionally increase the quality of the loot you're getting. On the other hand the pizza sewers are always good because running through an extra level makes weapon drops slightly better (and lets you get more rads and stuff)

edit: someone please correct me if i'm wrong though .... i'm a noob and neeed all the help i can get. i'm gonna drink a big beer and beat the throne tonight

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gently caress yeah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

It's also my understanding that the undersea one is pretty bad unless you're speedrunning because it skips a bunch of levels but doesn't proportionally increase the quality of the loot you're getting. On the other hand the pizza sewers are always good because running through an extra level makes weapon drops slightly better (and lets you get more rads and stuff)

edit: someone please correct me if i'm wrong though .... i'm a noob and neeed all the help i can get. i'm gonna drink a big beer and beat the throne tonight

You're right. Also I used a wiki to read about it because all the secrets/mechanics in this game I would never find on my own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bringing my 3ds to my friends while we watch basketball so I can grind platinum King jewel job tree

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time atm.

cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

i thought every 1.5 box was the greatest hits red

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

goddamn

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

oh hell yes

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I've gotta get this game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nice

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

goferchan posted:

PIzza sewers are also good because if you shoot the pizza boxes sometimes they drop health

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 9, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The pizzas count as med kits so second stomach and Crown of Haste apply to them.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Jesus I died at Lil Hunter so many times and now I've killed him like 6 times today ... he's honestly not that bad if you clear out a space and wait for him to show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

persona 3 fes