Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Space Fish posted:

4001 A.D. ends this week, ahhhh!
Satisfying event so far, I just hope Valiant can stick the landing.
It was good but seemed really open ended to me for a future 4001 AD title. And I'm sure war mother will appear. Loved Bloodshot, looks like rising spirit may be creating all the bloodshot in New York, or at least know about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Before Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #11: "I don't see how they can top the Labyrinth storyline, this next arc will probably underwhelm."
After: "Nevermind."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Faith was exceptional this week.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Space Fish posted:

Before Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #11: "I don't see how they can top the Labyrinth storyline, this next arc will probably underwhelm."
After: "Nevermind."

When it comes to Valiant the one thing I've learned over and over again is to never doubt Venditti. He's consistently great at not only writing good stories but building on them as the series go on.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I've been slowly getting more and more into Valiant, so I decided to jump into Eternal Warrior with this issue (and can I just say I love the way Valiant puts "NEW ARC" right in their solicited titles so there's no question of when I can try out a series), and it was an immediate subscription. Seems like I think that about every Valiant book I try out though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is amazing

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/16/exclusive-valiant-unveils-their-adorable-series-of-cat-cosplay-v/1

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Britannia comes out this week but I'm torn. I love the concept and the art looks killer but Milligan is the one guy that I think has really not fit in well in the new Valiant. Maybe Shadowman was just a bad fit, but I can't think of anything I've read in years by him that I've liked. I'm still going to give it a shot but it's probably the most hesitant I've been on a new title from Valiant yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I love you Valiant, but why must you take away everything I love even if you replace it with more things I love?

https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/status/777956973241327616

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

I love you Valiant, but why must you take away everything I love even if you replace it with more things I love?

https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/status/777956973241327616

It will be relaunched in an Eternal Warrior/X-O team up book.

How is Britannia?

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
As someone who just started reading comics two months ago and picking up everything from Image: Britannia is the first thing I've tried from Valiant. Art is amazing, story is well paced despite having a lot going on, overall pretty enjoyable. Though adult themes are present from Image, this stuff seemed more visceral for some reason, but handled well and tastefully.

e: Also the quality of the paper used for the cover and pages feel of quality and are neat.

the Gaffe fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 23, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

the Gaffe posted:

As someone who just started reading comics two months ago and picking up everything from Image: Britannia is the first thing I've tried from Valiant. Art is amazing, story is well paced despite having a lot going on, overall pretty enjoyable. Though adult themes are present from Image, this stuff seemed more visceral for some reason, but handled well and tastefully.

e: Also the quality of the paper used for the cover and pages feel of quality and are neat.

Welcome! If looking for some comedy go to Archer and Armstrong. If you want some sic-fi action read X-O Manowar (its all on sale at comixology) Read Divinity. Harbingers introduces a bunch of important characters to the universe as a whole. Ninjak is just badass

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm waiting until I get home to read my Valiant books (I don't want X-O to end :() but this is pretty cool. Apparently they're making a Ninjak web series? And Michael Rowe is playing Ninjak. He was Deadshot on Arrow. Anyway, the live action costume looks loving amazing. I wonder what the budget is on this thing because this looks like a film quality costume.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxsNnUAyfd4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Mortis shows up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo that suit looks good. Also it looks like the Bloodshot film has been pushed back so he can debut as the bad guy in the Harbinger film. They say they will be following the first few arcs of the two books as closely as possible. No news on the rumored Q&W tv show though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy poo poo x-o was amazing. Can not wait for 2017!!!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Generation Zero still going strong, too.
Checked out Brittania and I'm a little cold.
X-O sendoff was an excellent treatment of the entire run, can't wait to see what's next.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did we talk about the last issue of Faith? Because Archer cosplaying as Legolas is fantastic.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

X-O posted:

Apparently they're making a Ninjak web series?

I really wanted to hate Ninjak, but turns out 007 But a Ninja is a pretty good premise, and the character himself isn't some terrible 1 dimensional joke. Not making him a Wolverine was a good story choice.

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012
Ninjak's outfit is so awesome, he even wears it to formal events.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I've been slacking incredibly on my overall comic-reading and I decided, what the gently caress, I'm going to get on the Valiant train. I'm going to read all of the current stuff using a reading order list I got off Reddit. So far I'm three trades into X-O and this is looking like a good decision.

I don't know. This seems more fitting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVBpAikvnHk

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So as teased as the end of the awesome X-O #50, Fred Van Lente is confirmed as writing the new X-O Manowar series. And has confirmed that Ivar will be showing up in it. I am unreasonably excited about my favorite Valiant writer writing my Valiant character.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Gavok posted:

I've been slacking incredibly on my overall comic-reading and I decided, what the gently caress, I'm going to get on the Valiant train. I'm going to read all of the current stuff using a reading order list I got off Reddit. So far I'm three trades into X-O and this is looking like a good decision.

I don't know. This seems more fitting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVBpAikvnHk
I did that a couple years ago and have stuck with it. I highly recommend it!

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012
Ninjak teaser is up.

https://youtu.be/HQcLClgLfkg

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo. That looks way better than I was expecting from a Youtube series.

I saw Bloodshot, Livewire, Roku, Archer, Armstrong, Eternal Warrior, and X-O Manowar in there. Did not expect most of those to be showing up.

Here it is embedded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQcLClgLfkg

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Daaaaaamn.

That looks shockingly good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Apparently Shadowman is on the poster for the series. Did anyone catch him in that? I must have missed him. Can't watch it now though where I'm at.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I've always been pretty impressed by what they come up with in the Super Power Beat Up videos so I am excited to see them do something licensed and well financed. That looks great and I'm anxious to see how it turns out- hopefully the first part of a larger expansion in media of new Valiant.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I've always been pretty impressed by what they come up with in the Super Power Beat Up videos so I am excited to see them do something licensed and well financed. That looks great and I'm anxious to see how it turns out- hopefully the first part of a larger expansion in media of new Valiant.

They already have a multi-picture movie deal with Sony, to include the confirmed Bloodshot and Harbinger.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so in.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'm currently 11 trades into Valiant (3 of X-O, 3 of Harbinger, 3 of Bloodshot, Harbinger War and the first Archer and Armstrong). So I'm especially pumped to see this trailer.

Plus I'm a fan of Super Power Beat Down in general. Hopefully John Morrison shows up somehow.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

Holy poo poo. That looks way better than I was expecting from a Youtube series.

I saw Bloodshot, Livewire, Roku, Archer, Armstrong, Eternal Warrior, and X-O Manowar in there. Did not expect most of those to be showing up.

Here it is embedded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQcLClgLfkg

It looks incredibly cheesy and some stuff looks dreadful (Armstrong), but yeah I guess the expectations are low for a youtube show. I'm still super curious to see what they do with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So is that Jason David Frank as Bloodshot or is Ninjak just going to be self contained?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh good. I'm not crazy. Someone else saw the green ranger as badass Bloodshot man

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

Oh good. I'm not crazy. Someone else saw the green ranger as badass Bloodshot man

Well they announced he'd been cast a while back but I was uncertain if he was going to be Bloodshot in the film or just the web series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

I'm currently 11 trades into Valiant (3 of X-O, 3 of Harbinger, 3 of Bloodshot, Harbinger War and the first Archer and Armstrong). So I'm especially pumped to see this trailer.

Plus I'm a fan of Super Power Beat Down in general. Hopefully John Morrison shows up somehow.

John Morrison is The Eternal Warrior.

Rhyno posted:

Well they announced he'd been cast a while back but I was uncertain if he was going to be Bloodshot in the film or just the web series.

Come on dude, they're not casting the drat Green Ranger from 1995 as the lead in a major Sony movie.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm 11 issues in to X-O and it is criminal that we don't have a platinum action game starring Aric and the armor.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

fadam posted:

I'm 11 issues in to X-O and it is criminal that we don't have a platinum action game starring Aric and the armor.

Just dust off this baby.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gavok posted:

Just dust off this baby.

Whoa, that's crazy. Was X.O and the other Valiant stuff a big deal in the 90s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fadam posted:

Whoa, that's crazy. Was X.O and the other Valiant stuff a big deal in the 90s?

They were the third biggest company for several years.