Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Did people really go on about the future death of Nintendo in 95?

Also is it likely that they'll put out another group of selects titles for the holidays? I'd love to get hyrule warriors but it's still a bit steep and it seems like every time I buy a game it becomes a selects title a month later. Wouldn't mind wolly world or captain toad discounted without the amiibos because I've got six or seven of them that just collect dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SylvainMustach posted:

since the n64

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SylvainMustach posted:

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 8, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't want to watch that, is the movie good or not

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Nintendo: Doomed for over 30 years

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

I sense some severe Sega bias here... Was this article written by Sega's President???

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SylvainMustach posted:

Also is it likely that they'll put out another group of selects titles for the holidays? I'd love to get hyrule warriors but it's still a bit steep and it seems like every time I buy a game it becomes a selects title a month later. Wouldn't mind wolly world or captain toad discounted without the amiibos because I've got six or seven of them that just collect dust.

Just buy Legends if you have a n3DS. You get all the content of the Wii U version + Season Pass (Except for the Challenge Mode and the mode where you play as Ganon/Giant Cucco) plus a bunch of new content for far cheaper than the Wii U version. Its also better balanced gameplay wise.

If you only have an o3DS though don't bother.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

virtually impossible to move diagonally

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I sense some severe Sega bias here... Was this article written by Sega's President???

Semrad is a video game whiz. In that, he's always pissing on video game developers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tyty posted:

Nintendo or PC gaming, which ones going to die first?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm enjoying color splash a lot. I have a feeling the Colorization is gonna drive me nuts though. There have been a few times I had to scour the level to find the one spot I missed, which is sometimes fun and sometimes not.

In the not fun category is Daffodil Peak where I'm at 99% (even after going back and painting a character who only shows up after you get the first star) and I absolutely cannot figure out what I'm missing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

for nanorimo i'm writing about a world where how good you are at video games replaces fiat currency

Ugh I would be exactly as comfortable as I already am and no more!! Ffuck!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

for nanorimo i'm writing about a world where how good you are at video games replaces fiat currency

Esports the book

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

If I'm not mistaken, Ed Semrad went on to be one of the perennial review crew for EGM, which makes him even less worth listening to.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Just buy Legends if you have a n3DS. You get all the content of the Wii U version + Season Pass (Except for the Challenge Mode and the mode where you play as Ganon/Giant Cucco) plus a bunch of new content for far cheaper than the Wii U version. Its also better balanced gameplay wise.

It doesn't have multiplayer though, and honestly what the gently caress is the point of a musou game without that?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

raditts posted:

It doesn't have multiplayer though, and honestly what the gently caress is the point of a musou game without that?

The Multiplayer in Hyrule Warriors was so janky it wasn't even worth playing.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's amazing to think that this thread may reach 200 pages before anything about the NX is actually publicly revealed.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

We're just all so darned excited

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

thank goodness the wii u thread was closed for talking about hamburgers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oddium posted:

Now there's no place for people to talk about how excited for Just Dance 2017.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

It's amazing to think that this thread may reach 200 pages before anything about the NX is actually publicly revealed.

40 more pages before january is a reasonable guess.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

oddium posted:

The odds are pretty good that this thread will be gassed too before the NX comes out.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm enjoying color splash a lot. I have a feeling the Colorization is gonna drive me nuts though. There have been a few times I had to scour the level to find the one spot I missed, which is sometimes fun and sometimes not.

In the not fun category is Daffodil Peak where I'm at 99% (even after going back and painting a character who only shows up after you get the first star) and I absolutely cannot figure out what I'm missing.
I'm also enjoying it a lot.

Game does really not give a poo poo about your time between the second big paint star and the third though. Game is also really good at seeming non linear while it's pretty much entirely linear. Illusion of choiceing all over the place.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The Multiplayer in Hyrule Warriors was so janky it wasn't even worth playing.

I have no idea what this means, it's pretty much the only way I ever play the game and I never had any problems with it.
I only ever played single player because the story mode is single player only and you need that to unlock things for Adventure mode.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

No the future eic of GamePro lol

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

raditts posted:

I have no idea what this means, it's pretty much the only way I ever play the game and I never had any problems with it.
I only ever played single player because the story mode is single player only and you need that to unlock things for Adventure mode.

Resolution for the TV is locked to a really low Wii-level resolution (Which I think is the same resolution it has on the Gamepad screen, which is what the second player uses instead of there being splitscreen). The framerate suffers severely even with it, monsters don't spawn in or load in that much, its just not very fun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The NX reddit finally got a leaker!
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/56jomc/leak_goodies_from_a_large_retail_partner/
It's nothing!

It's probably actually nothing and even a fake, if not then the NX is 300 bucks and there's also a 400 bucks bundle.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

sorry...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/56jomc/leak_goodies_from_a_large_retail_partner/
It's nothing!

It's probably actually nothing and even a fake, if not then the NX is 300 bucks and there's also a 400 bucks bundle.

never believe fake leaks

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's nothing!

I'd be more inclined to dismiss it out of hand if not for this part

quote:

"Interact with your game on the go." phrase seen on a poster.

Lining up so well with Boogie's use of phrases like "mobile version"

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I'm...leaking

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
My faucet has a leak but after days of interrogation it still hasn't told me what it knows about the NX.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sharrrk posted:

sorry...

it's not your fault friend, we were all getting in on that goodness

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's nothing!

I got to "4K streaming" and yeah there's no way this is real

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tyty posted:

just like my social anxiety

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7utacuof5k

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

youcallthatatwist posted:

streaming isnt an issue if we're just talking Netflix or whatever

even Roku has an $80 4K-streaming box now

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

youcallthatatwist posted:

Anything can put out a 4k image, doesn't mean it has to be a videogame

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, there are reasons to be skeptical of this, but it outputting 4K Netflix to TVs is not one of the reasons to be skeptical.

The 900p resolution on the handheld component is more eyeraising. 900p is over 50% more detailed than 720p and playing demanding games on it probably indicates a very short battery life. (Yes, I know about your smartphone's 1440p resolution, but you're not really taxing it with Clash Royale).

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Producing 4K 3D graphics with the poly counts and effects people are used to these days is very difficult to pull off even with current high-end PC gaming poo poo, say nothing of compressing all that data into a stream simultaneously with the CPU. Just streaming video on the other hand doesn't require a ton of processing power. This kind of stuff isn't cheap either.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Patter Song posted:

Yeah, there are reasons to be skeptical of this, but it outputting 4K Netflix to TVs is not one of the reasons to be skeptical.

The 900p resolution on the handheld component is more eyeraising. 900p is over 50% more detailed than 720p and playing demanding games on it probably indicates a very short battery life. (Yes, I know about your smartphone's 1440p resolution, but you're not really taxing it with Clash Royale).

I am expecting a portable battery life of 3-5 hours. Anything more than that and I will be pleasantly surprised.

• Locked thread