Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't include a new fossil duo this time around. However, I wouldn't mind including Tyrunt and Amaura again. Mostly because their evolutions require a specific time to evolve, and since a region based on Hawaii is also home to koala and orangutan Pokémon, they may just introduce new fossils anyway.

Or an even cooler idea would be that Omanyte and Kabuto didn't go extinct in Alola and continued to evolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Zuzie posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't include a new fossil duo this time around. However, I wouldn't mind including Tyrunt and Amaura again. Mostly because their evolutions require a specific time to evolve, and since a region based on Hawaii is also home to koala and orangutan Pokémon, they may just introduce new fossils anyway.

Or an even cooler idea would be that Omanyte and Kabuto didn't go extinct in Alola and continued to evolve.

it doesn't seem all that likely, but I would love Alola Form Omanyte/Omastar and Kabutop/Kabutops.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

alohan kabuto and omanyte, dark/rock

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I binged watched the Generations shorts and seeing Dragonite smoke everybody was :krad:

Why did I think Dragonite was bigger?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why did I think Dragonite was bigger?

you remembered that episode with bill

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It probably is, but they had to animate it going through a human-sized secret entrance. :v:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Which of Lance's three Dragonite was it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The highest leveled one.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I got to clicking and came across this, I was always curious what was going on in those pages now I'm not sure I want to know anymore

quote:

Lance is primarily a villain in Pokémon Adventures. As the leader of the Elite Four, he wishes to exterminate the human race, save for a few people who he deems to be kind enough to Pokémon. Apparently also from Viridian Forest, Lance was blessed with the powers of the Viridian Forest, just like Yellow was. He has the power to telepathically communicate with Pokémon, as well as heal their wounds. Lance also has the ability to control or brainwash any Dragon-type Pokémon, as well as most Pokémon similar to Dragons (such as Aerodactyl or Tyranitar).

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
I've spent a bit of time the last few days transferring Pokemon from gens 3-5 into Pokemon Box to get ready for some new Pokemon action. Then found out that apparently they aren't updating Pokemon Box to work with Sun and Moon until like January anyway. Oh well, got it out of the way at least.

Also realized I never actually beat the Elite 4 (or even Victory Road) in Black 2. Realized this after transferring my whole team up. Wooooooops. Gonna have to scrape together a team for that, if only because I do want to catch the last few of N's Pokemon to transfer.

Outside of that, I'm pretty much ready for Sun and Moon. I want to get Sun cause the cover legendary is pretty awesome, but man the version exclusives in Moon just seem way more enticing...fortunately GTS and friends getting the other version is a thing so I won't be hurting for them here, just slightly inconvenienced.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Wait never mind

quote:

As Gold continues to battle Arceus, Lance sets off to find someone else who can help with the battle. Later, he returns with Giovanni and Pryce to combat the Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina that were created on the Mystri Stage. There, Lance faces Palkia while Giovanni battles Giratina, and Pryce battles Dialga. With his Dragonite's ability to redirect its Hyper Beam, Palkia's ability to manipulate space is rendered useless as all redirected attacks are sent back to its original target.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

HoneyBoy posted:

Wait never mind

If I told you if gets even more crazy

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Ruggington posted:

things are going to get more confusing when they reveal guy-bull

Does that evolve into Manotaur?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pokemon Special is fuckin' weird and wonderful.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Things about Gen 6 Hoenn that are waaay preferable to gen 3 Hoenn: Having an answer to the abundance of Dark types that isn't Bug or Fighting (though Gen 3 didn't have X-Scissor either).

Edit: This little battle interaction:
Sidney's Mandibuzz: Tailwind.
my Gardevoir (ne Garnet) uses Thunderbolt.
Sidney uses Full Restore.
Garnet uses Thunderbolt.
Sidney uses Full Restore.
Garnet uses Thunderbolt.
Mandibuzz uses Brave Bird.
Garnet uses Thunderbolt, and was so in sync with me that she landed a critical hit!
I smh.

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 9, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They need to add a fossil pokemon that's still a fossil, like the old RBY sprites for the exhibit pokemon. Make them rock/ghost.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Porygon needs an alternate evolution where it downgrades to gameboy pixel art and becomes 2d

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

Porygon needs an alternate evolution where it downgrades to gameboy pixel art and becomes 2d

it needs an evolution where it gets downloaded into a robot body

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It needs an Alolan Form thats just minecraft.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm still bummed out with Game Freak having the perfect set up with Porygon Z and squandering it in Gen 6 by having no Porygon X and Porygon Y.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

Wait never mind

Youre spoiling the whole story!!!!!!!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Crawfish posted:

I'm still bummed out with Game Freak having the perfect set up with Porygon Z and squandering it in Gen 6 by having no Porygon X and Porygon Y.
To be fair, Porygon nearly destroyed the franchise. I wouldn't begrudge anyone involved wanting to bury it as hard as possible.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 9, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Youre spoiling the whole story!!!!!!!

rosebud was his sled

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

ConanThe3rd posted:

To be fair, Porygon nearly destroyed the franchise. I wouldn't begrudge anyone involved wanting to bury it as hard as possible.

The saddest thing is that the seizure explosion was Pikachu's fault. Poor Porygon was a scapegoat.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Vernatio posted:

The saddest thing is that the seizure explosion was Pikachu's fault. Poor Porygon was a scapegoat.

Yeah, but he was pretty much the star of the episode.

I guess people are still upset over Porygon never appearing in the anime is due to the "catch them all" mentality and the anime will pretty much never have them all on screen.

Actually, another victim of being erased from most Pokémon media is Kadabra, and this is mostly due to Uri Geller being sue happy. He lost the case but the damage is done and as far as the anime and card game is concerned, Abra evolves directly into Alakazam.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Vernatio posted:

Pikachu did 9/11 12/16

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Right so not sure if I'll get any answers to this question here but going to go ahead anyway, playing battlespot doubles I've got a small set of mons I've bred up but I feel like I'm not quite understanding team composition. Probably a waste since Sun and Moon are coming out soon but I figure the general rules to this poo poo will still apply.

What I'm missing I'm not really sure, I generally try and take a team with 2 support/things with some speed control, 1 or 2 megas and general stuff for coverage on the other slots. I figure if I'm missing something you could point it out and or suggest a team composition that might work.

Here's what I have:

Volcarona - Support with Tailwind and Rage Powder
Ludicolo - Bulky EVs with mainly to cover a weakness I have to bulky water types and has access to Fake Out
Garchomp - Focus Sash, there because it's fast I guess, feels poor a lot of the time because everything has Ice Beam
Venusaur - Chlorophyll, mainly to go with the Mega-Charizard Y and help with Fairy types
Scrafty - Bulky EVs for Intimidate, Fake Out and coverage stuff
Gyarados - Support also for Intimidate, Thunder Wave, thinking about putting taunt on it
Arcanine -Physical attacker, Choice Band, not really sure why I bred this, got Extreme Speed which I thought might be useful but not had a game where it felt useful
Sableye - Pure Support with Fake Out, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp
Azumarill - Belly Drum set up, not picking this much
Volcarona (2) - Bulky ish, built for Quiver Dance setup, don't use this any more since I bred the other one for support
Greninja - Focus Sash, leftover from playing singles, does the usual stuff, don't take this much any more either
Talonflame - Life Orb, the most recent thing I bred but not really feeling it, Volcarona seems to work better for me
Rapidash - I dunno horses are cool? It's a poo poo Arcanine
Pangoro - Mold Breaker with Choice Scarf cos I was trying to find a way to make it useful (it's not) and I was having trouble with Rotom-W and it's a Kung Fu Pando come on

Mega-Mawile - Standard mega, I tend to always bring this in my 6 as I don't have much else to deal with fairy (Iron Head) and some priority
Mega-Kang - Not much need to explain this
Mega-Charizard Y - Sun / Weather setter to go with Venusaur and help deal with bulky water

I feel like I want to breed up a Gengar, Mega-Salamence and some stuff that can work with Trick Room?

I'm mostly feeling best about a team of Volcarona, Ludicolo, Gyarados, Garcomp, Mega-Mawile and Mega-Kang.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Zuzie posted:

Yeah, but he was pretty much the star of the episode.

I guess people are still upset over Porygon never appearing in the anime is due to the "catch them all" mentality and the anime will pretty much never have them all on screen.

Actually, another victim of being erased from most Pokémon media is Kadabra, and this is mostly due to Uri Geller being sue happy. He lost the case but the damage is done and as far as the anime and card game is concerned, Abra evolves directly into Alakazam.

Porygon Did Nothing Wrong.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
any word on the cute neon mushroom? I hope it evolves. And if it doesn't- that's okay if its atleast decent enough to use in game. Also super excited what the fossil pokemon are going to be this time around. I mean, they have released a pair every generation right? And if they do, hopefully its another weird combination like the last few: Ice/Rock, Dragon/Rock, Grass/Rock. Electric/Rock and Ghost/Rock(like someone mentioned) would be neat to see.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gen 2 didn't get new fossils so it's not 100% but yeah there's usually at least a new fossil pair

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

cancerianmoth posted:

any word on the cute neon mushroom? I hope it evolves. And if it doesn't- that's okay if its atleast decent enough to use in game. Also super excited what the fossil pokemon are going to be this time around. I mean, they have released a pair every generation right? And if they do, hopefully its another weird combination like the last few: Ice/Rock, Dragon/Rock, Grass/Rock. Electric/Rock and Ghost/Rock(like someone mentioned) would be neat to see.

We're still missing...

Normal/Rock
Poison/Rock
Fighting/Rock
Electric/Rock
Ghost/Rock

...so yeah hopefully they're be taken from those.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It'll be Rock/Ground with high Defense and low Special Defense and you will like it.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Porygame and Watch

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

It'll be Rock/Ground with high Defense and low Special Defense and you will like it.

gen 7 is the time for the fast rock/ground type, I can feel it

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Rampardos should've been this pokemon. I remember seeing it and was like- this guy has to be fast. NOOOOPE. A fast Rock type would be great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ruggington posted:

Well, we sorta got that with one forme being fast in our pure rock Lucario Zoroark Lycanroc.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Just fought a trainer on Battle Spot named Joe Biden. I want to believe.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I completely forgot Pokemon is to blame for the stereotype of japanese cartoons inducing epileptic seizures. That was what, 20 years ago

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cancerianmoth posted:

Rampardos should've been this pokemon. I remember seeing it and was like- this guy has to be fast. NOOOOPE. A fast Rock type would be great.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well, we sorta got that with one forme being fast in our pure rock Lucario Zoroark Lycanroc.

it has to be both rock and ground or i will not accept it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

also mega-aerodactyl and terrakion are good, fast rock boys