Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Good Citizen posted:

What percentage of that article do you think was prewritten and just waiting for a few key phrases to drop in?

44%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tim Kaine Clearly Ate Rocket Pop During Pence’s Rebuttal

The picture is incredible :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Not the Onion: Pence Recaptured After Fleeing Trump Campaign Bus

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Still "satire", though.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

It's interesting how The Onion became synonymous with satire, similar to how Google is just another word for doing an internet search. It's to the point where calling a news article "not The Onion" now means "real article that sounds like satire" instead of "literally not an article on The Onion website"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I meant it to mean a satire article that's not from the Onion, since that's becoming pretty rare nowadays.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought this line was a hell of a burn:

"News that Pence had vanished touched off a panic in Indiana, where residents feared that he might return to resume his political career."

Then I read the last one:

"Reportedly, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie offered to fill in for Pence in the event that he became unable to fulfill his duties. That offer was declined."

:drat:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

What Men Say In Private Is For Men To Know And Women To Experience In Countless Terrifying Ways

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Kelly is the best thing going for the Onion right now.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

John Kerry does it again!

Diamond Joe is a more complete character, but I think I might like the individual Kerry articles better. The Onion writers do pastiche really well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bloopsy posted:

Kelly is the best thing going for the Onion right now.

How many celebrities has he drawn in hell now? Also I can't remember had there been any in heaven?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Islamic Awakening Inspires Man To Defect From ISIS

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Electric Phantasm posted:

How many celebrities has he drawn in hell now? Also I can't remember had there been any in heaven?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I like that he hates Bowie, but still thinks he's going to heaven.

Leonard Nimoy and James Doohan also got to go to heaven, because Kelly loves Star Trek:

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Lord Hydronium posted:

John Kerry does it again!

Diamond Joe is a more complete character, but I think I might like the individual Kerry articles better. The Onion writers do pastiche really well.

Came here to post this. Definitely my favorite character on The Onion right now :allears:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

In case you didn't catch the joke, Betty White isn't actually dead yet.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The Greatest Restaurant In The World: Discovering A New Era Of Food At Noma

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
‘The Onion’ Is Withholding Our Endorsement For President Until Both Candidates Respond To Our Questionnaire

We also ask that Governor Johnson not contact us again, as we have received five separate completed copies of his questionnaire, and do not require any more information from him.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Who are the 4th and 5th signatures from that article?

We have T Herman Zweibel, Joe Sakic, Ted Kaczynski, and real life Onion chairman Steve Hannah, but I can't make out the other two.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think #5 is Mary Kay Letourneau?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Bashar Al-Assad?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Area Man A Staunch Single-Gender Voter

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Hey I'd just like to recommend the clickhole pretzel buddy experience. I only had a small bag of halloween snyders so I had to tap out by the halfway point. Going to get a bag of sourdough and pick up where we left off at a later date.

I could only list three kinds of pretzels but he was very gracious in calling it a very good list.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Michelle Obama to DNC: After this Election....

The final line, as always, is amazing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Warning On Police Body Camera Footage Cautions Viewer They About To See Pretty Much Exactly What They’d Expect
You Go, Girl! When This Woman Noticed A Stranger On The Train Clearly Taking Pictures Of Her, She Silently Accepted That This Will Just Happen Now

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Weird, you don't usually see straight truth articles like that on The Onion.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Diamond Joe at it again

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Science FTW: When This Man’s Dog Took The Good Chair, He Used A Telescope To Shove It Off

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

I'm going to miss ol' Diamond Joe.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

calandryll posted:

I'm going to miss ol' Diamond Joe.

So say we all.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mike Pence Visits Small Town Hit Hard By Kids Seeing R-Rated Movies

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just got my Kelly book in the mail today.

It has his Whiskey Sours recipe in it!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Not The Onion: Vice President Joe Biden Gets Permission To Drive A Corvette, Immediately Does A Burnout

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Diamond joe would never ask permission to drive a sweet 'vette.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Biden’s two sons had recently had the engine rebuilt as a Christmas present, and it’s only natural that he refers to his Corvette as the only car he’s ever loved. He claims that he “buried it” up to 160 miles per hour when he was younger. Hell yea.

:allears:

Best vice president ever.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump Holds Strategy Meeting With Campaign’s Top Militia Leaders Ahead Of Election Day

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sad Kevin is at it again.

http://www.theonion.com/article/i-dont-know-who-i-am-anymore-little-buddy-says-mot-33037

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
FEC Extends Election By 7 Months To Give Nation Chance To Better Get To Know Candidates

It's not very nice of The Onion to trigger my 2016 election PTSD with that headline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

A blast from the past on Clickhole