Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That's wat the disrespectful TSM deserve for refusing to shake Samsung's hands after their match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
3SM baby

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

henkman posted:

TSM was eliminated by RNG dude lol

Wins against Korean Teams (AKA real worlds standings)

NA: 2
LMS: 1
ANX: 1
EU: 0

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Also of note, Group Stage intra-region record:

NA 4-0 EU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lasagna Pilot posted:

very impressive, im convinced

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
If I were Bjergsen I'd just hang myself after that

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Hey guys maybe let's start banning Aurelion Sol

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Honestly, I'm not sure how Ez was pushing lane against Lucian so hard. LiftLift never recovered that CS lead. Uzi is a monster, but like, I still don't get it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Their draft was painfully bad, in retrospect. Didn't ban Aurelion Sol (despite him being such a power pick when he hasn't been banned/disabled/played by Splyce), put Hauntzer on a Jayce that he didn't look at all comfortable on, had Bjerg on a midlaner without appreciable waveclear who couldn't keep up with AS's roam, had Doublelift on a 500 range ADC (again, up against Aurelion Sol)...

In general, it really felt like drafting was TSM's biggest weakness, aside from the occasional boneheaded Doublelift play. In their first loss, they had literally zero frontline against Mata's incredibly aggressive (and well known) Alistar and were playing poo poo like Orianna in the Year of Our Lord 2016. In their second, they gave no respect to Crown's Viktor and it more or less cost them the game.

Shadow225 posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure how Ez was pushing lane against Lucian so hard. LiftLift never recovered that CS lead. Uzi is a monster, but like, I still don't get it.

Braum + Lucian is a losing lane against Ezreal + Nami every single time, especially when you have someone of Uzi's caliber playing Ezreal. You can't effectively engage on either of them with Braum's Q, Ez can outpoke you with Nami's buff + Mystic Shot, and you have no chance of getting any return trades on Uzi when he goes to CS because you're a 500 attack range Lucian. Lucian was a terrible draft pick both for the purposes of that lane and for the game in general, because putting yourself within 500 range of Aurelion Sol is asking for trouble.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 9, 2016

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sexpansion posted:

That's Riot's job

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

ez generally should get his poo poo pushed in but uzi is a good enough laner to consistently win trades when given the assistance of a nami and thus start creating pressure that way? that's my guess anyway

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Shadow225 posted:

Vermain already said most of it but I think it's worth pointing out an extra, braum is usually considered somewhat of a nami counter cause he can stuff her ult with his shield for free which is true. But pre 6 in lane, if he ever pulls out his shield it's a free bubble on him because you can just aim over his head and it'll get 'blocked', if he's right next to his adc it'll catch them too. Braum should be able to do more than nami later in the teamfight stage but the actual in lane matchup is a lot worse than I think people expect it to be because braums shield only makes the situation worse against nami's usual poke dominance.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So quick Q, I was out for most of the day, are any of the games worth watching?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monathin posted:

So quick Q, I was out for most of the day, are any of the games worth watching?

All of the SSG games are good if you like seeing very competent teamplay. SSG vs. RNG's especially notable for the sudden reappearance of a certain support character who's been gone from the meta for years. TSM vs. RNG's good if you like watching a ship be torpedoed before 10 minutes and then gaze at it slowly sinking for the next 28.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

All of the SSG games are good if you like seeing very competent teamplay. SSG vs. RNG's especially notable for the sudden reappearance of a certain support character who's been gone from the meta for years.

I looked at this and it wasn't Leona and that makes me an incredibly sad person, that's my whole analysis.

But lmao rip TSM

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Support Brand and support Zyra both showed up this Worlds and blew a bunch of people apart, so whatever else happens, I'm a happy guy.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Vermain posted:

Support Brand and support Zyra both showed up this Worlds and blew a bunch of people apart, so whatever else happens, I'm a happy guy.

It's amazing what happens when you pick a utility mage support and don't sit them on rank 1 dagger and have them build a ruby sightstone/aegis.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

Vermain posted:

Turns out that in standard lane matchups, picking strong matchups and winning your lane wins games.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/MonteCristo/status/784927847081123840

https://twitter.com/MonteCristo/status/784964413354672128

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

That's Riot's job

https://twitter.com/C9Jensen/status/782774084375576576

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

the drag is danish kryptonite

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Do all the TSM fans still think they're a top 4 team who somehow got robbed? Sure, the group wasn't easy, but cmon, you gotta beat teams like Samsung and RNG if you want to be in the top 4.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
People would probably reach and say that if they made it to groups they'd have more prep for a Best of 5 format because that's what people do every year when their team doesn't make it out of Groups

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Smol posted:

Do all the TSM fans still think they're a top 4 team who somehow got robbed? Sure, the group wasn't easy, but cmon, you gotta beat teams like Samsung and RNG if you want to be in the top 4.

rng was playing like garbage all day and tsm still couldn't beat em, europe gave us a chance and we just dumpstered it. Back in the NA finals I said it looked like neither team won we just had one play worse and this whole thread made fun of me for being a wet blanket but here we are and tsm was in fact garbage. Don't get me wrong I was rooting for them, I rooted for clg and i'll root for c9 but at the end of the day these results aren't really that surprising.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
basically what I'm saying is

rabidsquid posted:

ah the classic "literally every team is bad" take. a shame, i was looking forward to worlds but every team is going to lose.
p much yup

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
After the first week performance, I genuinely thought TSM had a solid shot of getting out but part of me is glad to see them fail yet again. I would be really surprised if C9 make it out of groups but it's hard to predict what is happening at the moment.

Also I just have to say that the alternate stream is literally the best thing to come out of this worlds: not having to listen to Krepo, Quikshot or Phreak has made watching it infinitely better. Admittedly when LS pops up on the alt stream he can be obnoxiously spergy, but having the pros on there giving interesting insights and the other set of better casters not pointlessly screaming or spinning stupid narratives is greatly appreciated. Inori in particular has been a fount of jungler knowledge and I would highly recommend any cast he is on.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Road on imay is banned for their game against FW so that might throw a wrench in group B

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Firebert posted:

Let's be honest, CLG was eliminated by losing to Albus Nox twice lol

It's not like losing to nox is some sort of joke

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also who else thinks that the CIS region is going to see like a double in viewership because people are gonna wanna watch note nox

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Also who else thinks that the CIS region is going to see like a double in viewership because people are gonna wanna watch note nox
Maybe a couple EU fans who want more league but viewerships for other regions outside of the LCS and LCK are pretty low since they either come on at odd hours or nobody cares

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

anti-magic posted:

After the first week performance, I genuinely thought TSM had a solid shot of getting out but part of me is glad to see them fail yet again. I would be really surprised if C9 make it out of groups but it's hard to predict what is happening at the moment.

Also I just have to say that the alternate stream is literally the best thing to come out of this worlds: not having to listen to Krepo, Quikshot or Phreak has made watching it infinitely better. Admittedly when LS pops up on the alt stream he can be obnoxiously spergy, but having the pros on there giving interesting insights and the other set of better casters not pointlessly screaming or spinning stupid narratives is greatly appreciated. Inori in particular has been a fount of jungler knowledge and I would highly recommend any cast he is on.

What's this?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

flyingkiwi posted:

What's this?
twitch.tv/riotgames2

Alternate streams cast by former pros or other analysts highlighting specific match-ups, or neat things like seeing the game through one team's Fog of War vision only (Which lead to an awesome game of Mata's Nami being the scariest thing on the map)

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Will any NA team accomplish the nigh-impossible feat of "win 2 games"?

Probably not.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

RealFoxy posted:

twitch.tv/riotgames2

Alternate streams cast by former pros or other analysts highlighting specific match-ups, or neat things like seeing the game through one team's Fog of War vision only (Which lead to an awesome game of Mata's Nami being the scariest thing on the map)

This.

I have only been watching worlds from vods so I had no idea what the actual stream address was.

Anyone who is sick on the main stream should do themselves a favour and watch the alternate instead. Much more interesting, plus they tend to be pretty on point about showing big plays on other parts of the map picture in picture at least.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
props to TSM for their year or work and trials leading up to this. they've put on a hell of a show and done better than I've seen from any NA team yet.

too bad people will focus on the loss as a result of false expectations of Asian teams like "oh, it's just Korea's 3rd seed." lmao at everyone who thought SSG wouldn't dominate.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

start wraith to give tsm fans false hope

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

What's the idea behind finishing Ruby Sightstone before starting on Locket in pro play? My thought would be that getting your Locker up is more valuable than the Sightstone upgrade but I keep seeing it.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Space Flower posted:

props to TSM for their year or work and trials leading up to this. they've put on a hell of a show and done better than I've seen from any NA team yet.

too bad people will focus on the loss as a result of false expectations of Asian teams like "oh, it's just Korea's 3rd seed." lmao at everyone who thought SSG wouldn't dominate.

i didn't personally expect them to get 1st but they should have at least beaten rng, splyce served them the group on a silver platter and they still didn't get out

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

BigLeafyTree posted:

What's the idea behind finishing Ruby Sightstone before starting on Locket in pro play? My thought would be that getting your Locker up is more valuable than the Sightstone upgrade but I keep seeing it.

Shortens cooldowns on items actives, which means more Locket shields.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Max Coveri posted:

Shortens cooldowns on items actives, which means more Locket shields.

It also shortens the cooldown on trinkets if the alt stream is to be believed. That may be partially why it is rushed, that and the extra wards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

BigLeafyTree posted:

It's better if you're actively trying not to fight for the foreseeable future. A case can also be made that if you do want to fight, your opponents probably won't so you still won't get a lot of value from the aura in comparison to the extra picks you can create with more wards

• Locked thread