Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I was just being facetious I dont really like the ones where its just a person facing and talking into a camera for the whole vid
Everybodys a critic

Brows Held High is really good. A lot of the early videos are closer to the TGWTG house style, but the newer ones are all dives into weird art films you might not have heard of by a really smart guy who's done his homework and is really good at giving you the context for various artistic movements and explaining them in very accessible engaging terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

Infamous Sphere posted:

I once saw an Autostraddle article where somebody was making a dumb argument that representation of trans men was no different to representation of cis men and people shouldn't be bothering to make an effort to represent trans men, whereas trans women needed more representation, and I was like "ok, I'm not disagreeing with you RE representation of trans women but....wtf? Trans guys aren't cis guys and there are only about 3 trans male characters I can think of off the top of my head and one of them is a real life victim of a hate crime. "

I have seen people unironically respond to trans men who mention issues like this with those standard 'male tears' or 'but what about the menz??' memes etc. on more than one occasion.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

an overdue owl posted:

I have seen people unironically respond to trans men who mention issues like this with those standard 'male tears' or 'but what about the menz??' memes etc. on more than one occasion.

robocops are notoriously unreliable allies

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Brows Held High is really good. A lot of the early videos are closer to the TGWTG house style, but the newer ones are all dives into weird art films you might not have heard of by a really smart guy who's done his homework and is really good at giving you the context for various artistic movements and explaining them in very accessible engaging terms.

Also watch his summer of Shakespeare videos. They are one of the big reasons I gave Shakespeare another chance and why I am taking a university coursework on the bard right now.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

an overdue owl posted:

Ugh no. That's all I really have to say about the subject.

Also I would love to review some stuff with trans male characters but it's very thin on the ground and I am..kind of reluctant to dive into talking about Boys Don't Cry because it's so depressing. I've been recommended Romeos, which is about a queer transdude, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Hbomb, your latest video only has one real flaw. I really, really wish that every time you cut that you would have had an additional hat stacked on top of your head until the point where you needed a stage hand to keep them propped up.

Also, I admit I'm a huge shitbag and subscribe to a number of alt-right sorts because it amuses me to see what crazy nonsense they're spewing but this amused the hell out of me to see right next to each other.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DeusExMachinima posted:

robocops are notoriously unreliable allies

I disagree. I would trust Robocop to save me if it came down to it.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tracula posted:

Hbomb, your latest video only has one real flaw. I really, really wish that every time you cut that you would have had an additional hat stacked on top of your head until the point where you needed a stage hand to keep them propped up.

Also, I admit I'm a huge shitbag and subscribe to a number of alt-right sorts because it amuses me to see what crazy nonsense they're spewing but this amused the hell out of me to see right next to each other.

The video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Bs-8L4Mo

Mods please change my name to Marxus of Boobus

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Ralph the Movie Maker's review of Lifetime movies.
Holy poo poo, Perfect High. It doesn't have the stupidest premise but it sure is filmed the worst. That party montage.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Saturday's video brings us back to Everworld with #2 Land of Loss. A slower book then the last one, but also features a scene where an Aztec god takes Thor's hammer to the crotch.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Infamous Sphere posted:

Holy poo poo, Perfect High. It doesn't have the stupidest premise but it sure is filmed the worst. That party montage.

Ralph doesn't even begin to scratch the surface on stupid Lifetime movies. Go find Invisible Child.

While were here, might as well plug We Hate Movies if you don't listen to it. One of the hosts, Eric, use to work at Lifetime so he knows a lot of stupid Lifetime movies.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

Ralph doesn't even begin to scratch the surface on stupid Lifetime movies. Go find Invisible Child.

While were here, might as well plug We Hate Movies if you don't listen to it. One of the hosts, Eric, use to work at Lifetime so he knows a lot of stupid Lifetime movies.

Oh I know allll about Invisible Child, being that I listen to a lot of podcasts, bad movie podcasts included (and yes that includes WHM.) There's also the Lifemark podcast which is a podcast that specifically only talks about Lifetime and Hallmark movies so that's great too!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Infamous Sphere posted:

I've seen so many batshit insane Lifetime movies because MRT (massrafter on Rowdy Ringsports loves to post trashy films on synchtube before doing Tuesday Night Nitro)

The Best worst one had to be The Bride He Bought Online just for its meanspiritedness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clw7wOLDOyg
It ends with the girl who started this whole thing being posted for missing because she was sold into Russian Sex Slavery

Also before every stream this gets played and it makes me laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uIWifQcVA

I'm still pissed I watched God's Not Dead on that stream (the other Rapture stuff was great, but god that movie was loving banal)

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Infamous Sphere posted:

Oh I know allll about Invisible Child, being that I listen to a lot of podcasts, bad movie podcasts included (and yes that includes WHM.) There's also the Lifemark podcast which is a podcast that specifically only talks about Lifetime and Hallmark movies so that's great too!

Holy poo poo, this is specifically the kind of podcast I have been looking for! Thanks!

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I can't tell if Jim Sterling is being ironic with the boglin thing anymore or not.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Tracula posted:

Am I the only one who didn't get the Alt-Right Dogs video? I just... didn't get it.

Tracula posted:

I disagree. I would trust Robocop to save me if it came down to it.

But what if your attacker was a OCP executive???

Checkmate liberals.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

DeusExMachinima posted:

Am I the only one who didn't get the Alt-Right Dogs video? I just... didn't get it.

Well I decided to take the risk of googling what this nonsense is about and

quote:

Filmed in Cincinnati outside the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center.

Huh.

But it doesn't actually seem to be promoting anything specific.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

OldMemes posted:

I can't tell if Jim Sterling is being ironic with the boglin thing anymore or not.

Jim Sterling is ironic about a lot of things, but he's absolutely sincere for his love of boglins

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Well I decided to take the risk of googling what this nonsense is about and

Huh.

But it doesn't actually seem to be promoting anything specific.

They're just dumb. I can't believe how fat that one is, given that he blogs about how he hates fat women. I hope he hates himself many times more.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

OldMemes posted:

hosed up thing to do to question a man's love for boglins

Tracula posted:

okay I'll bite, what the hell does Jordan Owen have to say about The Beginner's Guide?

Augus fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 9, 2016

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

As in what Alt-Right Dogs is or something about Hbomber's video? Enjoyed the hell out of the video myself but I'm very confused as to the trailer itself. Is it for a movie they are making? Are they announcing that they have formed a group of morons with no filming knowledge between the 5 of them?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/785188602489823233

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/jennjacquelynm/status/785190682189111296

https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/785190782022066176

https://twitter.com/zlingman/status/785186716206272512

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/785187032264011780

https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/785194978674868224

holy poo poo

Corek fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 9, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is that the turd that Warner Brothers is trying to court by sending him to the set of Justice League and poo poo like that?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That guy is a piece of poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think the one saying 'how many sexual assaults do you do if you're forgetting one so easy' kinda sums it up.

Like, if someone can give you an 'oh poo poo' reminder of 'remember when you grabbed my pussy and bragged about it' how can anyone watching take that as anything but 'oh so that's just like a go-to move for you'?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Devin Faraci has stalked multiple women and screamed at them outside their homes because they disagreed with an article he wrote.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
For the past year or so Devin has been attacking Bernie Sanders supporters to the left of him (or to the left of his public persona) for being sexist, so this is really hypocritical.

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/785203674263986204

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Don't know if you got the memo but Bernie Sanders supporters are the most sexist and racist people of them all. Gosh! Keep your information current, pal!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Devin Faraci also loving loved Sausage Party and called it the most woke movie of the year

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Augus posted:

okay I'll bite, what the hell does Jordan Owen have to say about The Beginner's Guide?

"As one of the two guys behind the Sarkeesian Effect, I know what it's like to have my work stolen by a deluded narcissist"

I'm assuming, not gonna watch that if I can possibly avoid it.

Corek posted:

For the past year or so Devin has been attacking Bernie Sanders supporters to the left of him (or to the left of his public persona) for being sexist, so this is really hypocritical.

Meanwhile, nobody else has a clue as to who he even is

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tarquinn posted:

So, this No Man's Sky is quite the game, huh? :v:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

DeusExMachinima posted:

A group of MRAs modelling themselves on a movie about of morally dubious characters planning a venture that implodes with everybody turning on each other due to mistrust and one guy running off with their ill-gotten gains? What's not to get?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Game really still doesn't seem that bad. I mean I hardly knew anything about it until it came out, then watched some people play it some and all I could think was "This seems neat enough" but that's on me for not having gone full incredible hype train that existed before it came out I guess. I dunno how people keep jumping on the "GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVERRRRRRR" wagons time after time and keep ruining games for themselves.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 9, 2016

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Gnome de plume posted:

A group of MRAs modelling themselves on a movie about of morally dubious characters planning a venture that implodes with everybody turning on each other due to mistrust and one guy running off with their ill-gotten gains? What's not to get?

Oh, was it unironic? That would be extremely funny. I don't know anything about the guys who made it. I just assumed they were trying to parody alt-righters and so I just ended up waiting for a punchline that never happened.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Game really still doesn't seem that bad. I mean I hardly knew anything about it until it came out, then watched some people play it some and all I could think was "This seems neat enough" but I guess that's on me for not having gone full incredible hype train that existed before it came out I guess. I dunno how people keep jumping on the "GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVERRRRRRR" trains time after time and keep ruining games for themselves.

Yeah. The hype train for the game was crazy and it's really hard to keep yourself from that hype. From the outside looking in the game just seemed aggressively mediocre with not much of a gameplay loop whose mechanics were very shallow.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Yardbomb posted:

Game really still doesn't seem that bad. I mean I hardly knew anything about it until it came out, then watched some people play it some and all I could think was "This seems neat enough" but that's on me for not having gone full incredible hype train that existed before it came out I guess. I dunno how people keep jumping on the "GONNA BE THE BEST GAME EVERRRRRRR" wagons time after time and keep ruining games for themselves.

People like Joseph Anderson hated it even though they avoided as much information and hype as possible before playing it. I'm sure the hype made things worse for others (and some are still in denial), but that's not the core problem with the game.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DeusExMachinima posted:

Oh, was it unironic? That would be extremely funny. I don't know anything about the guys who made it. I just assumed they were trying to parody alt-righters and so I just ended up waiting for a punchline that never happened.

No, those men are all entirely unironic, what with the presence of Matt "Women should be terrorized by their men; it’s the only thing that makes them behave better than chimps" Forney and Davis "I am a white nationalist. ON PAPER" Aurini

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

You might want to watch some of HBomber's other videos. The first one he did on these people is like a 7 minute long video where he laughs at one of the Alt-Right Dogs and another guy, when they were making The Sarkeesian Effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

No, those men are all entirely unironic, what with the presence of Matt "Women should be terrorized by their men; it’s the only thing that makes them behave better than chimps" Forney and Davis "I am a white nationalist. ON PAPER" Aurini

Here's one of them running away from a man in a Black Lives Matter tshirt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Vb8t8fQeE

• Locked thread