Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rutibex posted:

Did he word his wish to steal Gokus body, and his fighting techniques? Why didn't he chump out, like Captain Ginyu when he did the same thing?

Keep in mind Ginyu had like 20 minutes in Goku's body to figure things out while Zamasu has had years to adjust and understand it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's some Eng speed subs up, not great though.

Zamasu and Black Gokuzamasu being basically boyfriends is funny.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

Did he word his wish to steal Gokus body, and his fighting techniques? Why didn't he chump out, like Captain Ginyu when he did the same thing?

Ginyu didn't even understand how Ki works

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Goku: IMMA POWER UP NOW.

Black: Meh, thanks for the free powerup.

It took a while to get there, but Zamasu and his best buddy Normal Timeline Zamasu who just wants to kill things and hug his best buddy Zamasu is now so, so awesome.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

:stare:: The Episode.

How do I use a Time Ring to travel to next week?

Also, am I understanding this right? Black Goku exists because of a stable time loop. Zamasu steals Goku's body only after fighting him in Universe 10 (And then traveling himself to Future Trunks' timeline), and the only reason Goku and co. ever traveled to Universe 10 to begin with was because Black Goku had already appeared. He essentially has no real origin, which is pretty cool.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 9, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Concentrate on teleporting one week into the future really hard for precisely one week.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay time loop stuff

Black appears in the future.

Trunks goes back in time and everyone plays detective to find out who Black is.

This leads to Goku fighting Zanmasu. Zanmasu then gets it into his head to steal Goku's body, so he kills Gowasu, steals Goku's body and then uses the time ring to travel to Trunks' timeline and appears as Black in the future.

That's a stable time loop which makes sense.

How does this gel with Zanmasu being erased by Beerus in what we see. For the time loop to exist Zanmasu has to succeed in killing Gowasu.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

How does this gel with Zanmasu being erased by Beerus in what we see. For the time loop to exist Zanmasu has to succeed in killing Gowasu.

From the sounds of it the process created a new timeline, in which Zamasu's plan was not interrupted. That timeline is mostly identical with the one Goku's from, except Zamasu stole his body and killed him family (at a minimum) before moving on to Future Trunk's timeline. Why he wasn't killed by Beerus in that one and whether he did anything else before timetravelling to Future Trunk's is unclear.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It'll all be clearer in the comic.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

Also, am I understanding this right? Black Goku exists because of a stable time loop. Zamasu steals Goku's body only after fighting him in Universe 10 (And then traveling himself to Future Trunks' timeline), and the only reason Goku and co. ever traveled to Universe 10 to begin with was because Black Goku had already appeared. He essentially has no real origin, which is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chkzV_CVFW8

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, all said and done...

Why is Black's SSJ form pink then?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Because he's EVIL.

Like legitimately, it's probably because he's corrupted everything about Goku's body so his energy comes out differently.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

So, all said and done...

Why is Black's SSJ form pink then?

I think very advanced fighters can pick the colour of their Ki and transformations. I mean Frieza even said that he chose to transform into a golden form. That means Black has a pink SSJ form because he thinks it looks pretty.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I laughed pretty hard when they first showed off their mountain love nest.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i loved the part where Zamasu and Zamasu hugged, evilly

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Can one truly date themselves?

Also, this is going really well so far. Especially the twist coming up in the next episode.

Super had a rocky loving start (perhaps better if you didn't see the movies and watch the Bluray release with the fixed animation) but now it's perfect.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Concentrate on teleporting one week into the future really hard for precisely one week.

Oh, so it's like doing a Real Life Kamehameha.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

i loved the part where Zamasu and Zamasu hugged, evilly

Seriously. Best Villian. Nobody else even comes close

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
How exactly did they destroy the Super Dragonballs? Even the regular Dragonballs are indestructible, the Namick balls survived the planet exploding!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rutibex posted:

How exactly did they destroy the Super Dragonballs? Even the regular Dragonballs are indestructible, the Namick balls survived the planet exploding!

They don't understand the dragon balls. They blew them up, sure, and then they reformed while they weren't looking.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rutibex posted:

You destroy the dragonballs by killing the dragon, generally, but who knows.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He might have summoned the Super Dragon and asked it to destroy the Super Dragon Balls.

I bet that dragon got sick of seeing Zamasu.
"oooh! I'm being summoned, awesome! What is your... oh, it's you. Hey."

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Rutibex posted:

Also, which Super Dragonballs did they destroy? The future ones or the ones in "our" multiverse? I'm guessing the future ones, and hopefully the other ones still exist.

Also where the gently caress is Zeno when all the gods are being destroyed? You think he'd be on that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I love how, with all the extra universe stuff they've now retconned into the canon, Zamasu has essentially done everything he can to ensure none of it exists in Trunks' timeline.

YF-23 posted:

From the sounds of it the process created a new timeline, in which Zamasu's plan was not interrupted. That timeline is mostly identical with the one Goku's from, except Zamasu stole his body and killed him family (at a minimum) before moving on to Future Trunk's timeline. Why he wasn't killed by Beerus in that one and whether he did anything else before timetravelling to Future Trunk's is unclear.

I thought he said the Time Ring is the only reason he didn't get destroyed. The story Black told is something that now does not exist, and he comes from a time that was erased.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pik_d posted:

Also, which Super Dragonballs did they destroy? The future ones or the ones in "our" multiverse? I'm guessing the future ones, and hopefully the other ones still exist.

Also where the gently caress is Zeno when all the gods are being destroyed? You think he'd be on that.

I would also like to know how Black was able to deal with Vados/Whis, the High Priest, and the 5 "people with the highest battle power in the multiverse" that Whis mentioned. Maybe Goku really is the strongest person in all of existence? Perhaps Goku is just humoring all of these gods out of respect, being nice to them pretending to be weaker.

Also, Zamasu saw Goku get his rear end kicked by Hit on Kami Tube. He should have stolen Hits body :colbert:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 9, 2016

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

he killed the Kaioshin, who are way weaker than their counterparts that we've seen

can't speak for the caretakers, though

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i fuckin love super

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ussj trunks barely looks any different from regular ssj trunks

they could have atleast had his shirt explode

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

maybe zen'o isn't interfering because when things get like this, he just flushes the multiverse and starts over

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If the Super Dragon Balls can grant literally ANY wish, maybe Zamasu just wished Zeno dead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gokus his best friend thats why he just shrugged it off when all the gods started getting murdered

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

Gokus his best friend thats why he just shrugged it off when all the gods started getting murdered
Actually, this explanation is better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

YF-23 posted:

The time ring he stated protects him from paradoxs and the like. This also gives an easy way to defeat them. If they remove the time rings from the Zamasu's they should cease to exist.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Condiv posted:

maybe zen'o isn't interfering because when things get like this, he just flushes the multiverse and starts over

I get enough of that poo poo from Super Robot Wars. I don't need fuckin' Piccolo or whoever merging his nefesh with his Void Memories to go even further beyond.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So apparently, on top of Takahata's Nappa voice being in Xenoverse 2, Kaiser and Lani are also available as custom character voices too.
The abridged takeover continues.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I"m fine with it. Those are three are pretty drat good choices. I like Kaiser's Trunks voice better than his dub one.

Also goddamn this was a great episode so. Zamasu is such an evil prick and I love it.

Seriously enjoyed how pissed off Goku got. The casual back hand was the best. So I gotta ask, and I"m not sure because of bad subs but Black isn't immortal right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shindragon posted:

I"m fine with it. Those are three are pretty drat good choices. I like Kaiser's Trunks voice better than his dub one.

Also goddamn this was a great episode so. Zamasu is such an evil prick and I love it.

Seriously enjoyed how pissed off Goku got. The casual back hand was the best. So I gotta ask, and I"m not sure because of bad subs but Black isn't immortal right?

Black isn't immortal, he wished for Goku's body instead. That is why Zamasu keeps tanking the hits.

Can I say that I really love the Black/Zasamu teamup fight concept? It's really neat to see a pair of villains working together which is something DBZ really shied away from

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zeno probably just doesn't give a poo poo

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

One thing I've really appreciated about Super so far is how it has been building on itself, and how even though we know it's mostly been improvised at this point the storytelling still feels naturally tied together (Except for major one thing, which I'll get into in a moment). The BoG arc introduces us to Beerus and Gods of Destruction and the whole 12 universes setup, which eventually leads into the Universe 6 Tournament and the Super Dragon Balls, and the fact that that even happens motivates Zamasu to do the stuff he's been doing. On top of that, our current arc ties into events as far back as the Androids/Cell saga (Which itself was loosely a response to the events of the Red Ribbon Arc of DB), and even a variation of how the Buu arc plays out in Future Trunks' timeline is critical to the set up of the Zamasu arc (And done much better, I might add, than the equivalent chapter in DBM where Future Gohan fights Dabura and somehow wins). I hope Super continues building upon itself like this, it's been really intriguing to watch.

The huge exception here though is the RoF arc. It contributes Super Cyan, introduces Jaco into the main story I guess, has a lot of Frieza saga fanservice, and uh...parallels the later stuff with Frost I? I dunno, while it was fun to watch everything to do with Frieza himself kind of feels like filler so far to the overall story- Toyataro's Super manga barely even touches upon the RoF stuff. Filler isn't inherently bad, but it's something I've been thinking about again lately.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't the reason there isn't a ROF arc in the manga because they did a tie-in manga adaptation for the film version already?

• Locked thread