Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Poil posted:

They go away if you do some decent cultural genocide. Just spend the diplo points and you'll be rid of them forever.

That is a way, but you'll probably want your home trade node to be the English Channel anyway, so may as well just move your capital IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Moving capitals didn't work =(

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Moving capitals didn't work =(

You put it in the low countries area?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Dutch revolt thing might seem very bullshity but to be fair it's the only way that Holland can be created.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Based on what I've seen they usually do really poorly anyway since they end up alone against whatever country they're trying to break free from. Usually a big and powerful Austria with all of their allies.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Poil posted:

Based on what I've seen they usually do really poorly anyway since they end up alone against whatever country they're trying to break free from. Usually a big and powerful Austria with all of their allies.

I once supported the Dutch as Ottomans :getin:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Poil posted:

Yeah it's absurdly dumb that the independence events pits them alone vs all of their old overlords allies.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poil posted:

They go away if you do some decent cultural genocide. Just spend the diplo points and you'll be rid of them forever.

Which is a bigger help, cultural or religious change usually (assuming both are different from the player country)?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poil posted:

in my Russia game they managed an alliance of France Spain England and me so sometimes they can get some good backers :v:

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
The event is necessary, but it was spawning 41,000 men every couple months for 50 years

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Dutch usually do pretty well in my experience. They don't get big but they almost always secure independence and have a few allies. One of the more successful rebel groups.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Vegetable posted:

The Dutch usually do pretty well in my experience. They don't get big but they almost always secure independence and have a few allies. One of the more successful rebel groups.

It always makes me think of current times, and how rebels would be considered terrorists in this day and ago. Pretty, blonde, clog wearing terrorists.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

gfanikf posted:

Which is a bigger help, cultural or religious change usually (assuming both are different from the player country)?
You get the events in provinces with dutch culture and you can't convert culture if it's a different religion. You need to do both.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I'm kind of excited for this expansion pack so I've decided to watch Arumba play his review copy and Jesus Christ... I had seen some of his earlier stuff which didn't seem to bother me, but he's just been getting sidetracked so often, fixating on minor details and playing conservative to a fault. In three hours of play he's added all of one province to his country and terribly mismanaged his estates to the point where I would personally restart. He was different once, right?

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I used to watch a lot of Arumba's videos but yes, I think something did change, for whatever reason I just cannot watch his content any more. I mean those tendencies were always there but not to nearly the same extent.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That sounds strange. I'm watching Marbozir play a West African coop game with some other guy called Kevin and while he is bumbling around he hasn't played in a long time. He did one game when estates were first introduced where he messed up (naturally) and got salty butthurt enough to not play the game since. It was good progress and cooperation in the first episode and kinda not as good progress in the second. Good fun though. :v:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Watch DDRJake because he works at paradox and is good at the game. He always does gimmick runs with interesting goals and difficult starts. Doesn't blame the game for things going wrong etc.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Odobenidae posted:

Doesn't blame the game for things going wrong etc.
If this includes "doesn't blame the game when doing things wrong" I'm completely sold.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
He blames the game plenty, he also blames himself plenty.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

If there's a bug he finds he'll usually brush it off and accept it, still nothing as bad as the other popular eu4 personalities.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Odobenidae posted:

If there's a bug he finds he'll usually brush it off and accept it, exploit the living poo poo out of it still nothing as bad as the other popular eu4 personalities.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
In the current dev MP stream he mentions their games have an exploit rule of 'if you find one, you get to exploit it once' which with some of the crazier ones is probably a great way to make sure that gets fixed.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

There's also kind of an unspoken law as well. If you want to be sure it gets fixed you use it targeted at Johan.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In Marbozir's and Kailvin's coop game with the new expansion Kailvin tried debasing his currency and later did the math on how smart it was. Turns out it was basically a loan at 40% interest with the added bonus of also paying monarch points for it until it's repaid. :downs:

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 10, 2016

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

It depends on various things, for instance when I debased currency in the Office MP it was actually almost as cheap for me because of the modifiers on the corruption gain. So I took that over getting inflation + pay monthly interest.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
Full 1.18 patchnotes are up, https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/patch-1-18-full-patchnotes.973237/

Including the best change for carpet sieges - Pressing "v" will now deselect the first unit in the list when multiple units are selected.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Groogy posted:

It depends on various things, for instance when I debased currency in the Office MP it was actually almost as cheap for me because of the modifiers on the corruption gain. So I took that over getting inflation + pay monthly interest.
You weren't in West Africa and just a few decades into the game I assume. :v:

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Paradox posted:

Heir Chance modifier no longer affects the life expectancy of your Heir.

What? So, until now, the higher your heir chance, the longer they'll live?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Poil posted:

You weren't in West Africa and just a few decades into the game I assume. :v:

Of course not.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Shroud posted:

What? So, until now, the higher your heir chance, the longer they'll live?

or, possibly, the reverse

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Patchnotes posted:

- Overhauled Lucky Nation bonuses.

Do we know how exactly?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
another CK2 dev diary about the EU4 converter:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-27-continued-converter-capabilities.973243/

quote:

As I mentioned in the replies last week, Immortal rulers from CK2 now get the Immortal Ruler Personality in EU4 and will not die of old age. You can also pick “Immortal” in the EU4 Nation Designer, although it is rather expensive. Rulers cannot become Immortal during gameplay in EU4 though.

:eyepop:

e: also these:

hope those get added to the nation designer too

Koramei fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 10, 2016

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Time for a Wallachia game I guess :drac:

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

New Achievement: Play from 1444 to 1821 with an immortal 0/0/0 ruler.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

VerdantSquire posted:

New Achievement: Play from 1444 to 1821 with an immortal 0/0/0 ruler.
The pain. But he might turn out to be a decent general since they have a one pip minimum I believe. :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Poil posted:

The pain. But he might turn out to be a decent general since they have a one pip minimum I believe. :v:
But then he could die on the battlefield. Immortal in CKII is immunity to disease and old age, not to violence.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
How can I see what another country's provinces of interest are?

e: Stuck in a war against Bohemia. I promised my buddy PLC some land for helping me out. But it doesn't want any of the land I've offered it, and there has to be an easier way to find out what they want than to save, transfer every province under occupation to them, find out what province(s) they want, and reload.

e2: I did the save/reload thing, and it turns out the PLC won't take anything because any province will put them over 100% overextension. So I guess I leave the war on until Poland has cored the other things its eating (Ottomans), since I don't want to eat -20 trust with the most powerful country in Europe. Anyway, would still like to know how to see what other countries' provinces of interest are.

vvvvvThanks! The key is going to the third tab and looking at the map, I was expecting there to be a written list on the third tab like there is for my own country. The Papal State thanks you!

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 10, 2016

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
Right click on the country in question and it should be the third tab over the diplomacy menu.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Been waiting for months for this to drop to start a new game - going to have another crack at a HRE minor. I've started 3 or 4 games as different minors but can never get past 1500 before getting completely stomped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I'm gonna try a Bavaria run. That and the Palatinate are underrated fun imo.

• Locked thread