Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Trump not losing is a win

He lost. He threatened to prosecute her twice, and said a bunch of other unhinged things as well. These are the things that are going to be replayed on news shows and late night TV ad nauseum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The commentary on Bloomberg says that Trump was better prepared tonight and did better than last time. Excuse me while I kill myself.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LMAOOOO

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

TheBigAristotle posted:

Trump nuked his VP from orbit

Yeah this was the best part. "Oh Pence said that? Well I don't talk to him or agree with him at all :smug:"

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

People Trump won with:
his core supporters

People Trump lost with:
everyone else, including Republican politicians

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
"This was not a good night for American politics"

Agreed MSNBC

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Stereotype posted:

Drumpf won because now no one will talk about his leaked tapes anymore.

lol if you think there aren't more damning things waiting to be leaked.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Grittybeard posted:

^^--Still a win comparably

Respectable showing kinda has to be a win for Trump after the last one doesn't it?

Well, like the guy on CNN just said, when you are down 5% not losing is not enough

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

EugeneJ posted:

Trump not losing is a win

Even if that's true, he needs to do more than not-lose to win the election. Hillary can tread water if she has to.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Trump nuked his VP from orbit

Yeah Pence won't bail because that's a loving fantasy but holy poo poo what an amazing dick move.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Whew, what a wild ride.

I was laughing and giggling at Trump's ridiculousness for most of the 1 1/2 hours spent watching this, so the sides of my face are sore.

...AND THERE'S STILL ONE MORE DEBATE TO GOOOOOOOO!!!! :kheldragar:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

raditts posted:

lol if you think there aren't more damning things waiting to be leaked.

There's apparently a recording of him dropping the n-bomb floating around

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
PBS is currently saying that Trump "stopped his freefall." Uh, what? WHAT?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trump could have hit a grandslam if he would have followed up Hillary talking about apologizing with "apologize to Juanuta Broddrick - go ahead, I'll wait"

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

The debate hall right now is pretty telling. Trump is gone, Hillary and Bill still gladhanding and taking photos.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

boner confessor posted:

no, what saves trump is that he can finally stop being a crazy rear end in a top hat and there was enough crazy rear end in a top hat on display

Oh he's still a crazy rear end in a top hat and an all around repugnant human being. But tonight should have been much worse for him. Hillary was a little bit flat, and Trump did a reasonable approximation of calm/in control for enough stretches of the debate to call it a win.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Whew, what a wild ride.

I was laughing and giggling at Trump's ridiculousness for most of the 1 1/2 hours spent watching this, so the sides of my face are sore.

Oh man.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Pence dropping out is bullshit right? There's no way this could be this amazing.

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
Perhaps trump kept his composure better than last time, but this was only because he completely released his true, alt-right political platform.

He completely abandoned facts, policy, nuance, and ranted as if he was on conservative radio. He admitted to not paying taxes; he slung sex-scandal mud at Bill Clinton and Hillary herself with a complete lack of decorum; he promised to prosecute his political opponent if he becomes the president.

He probably saved his own base, but how will this help him with anyone who wasn't already voting for him?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am really sure not how to parse this.

Clinton did not win like last time, but I am not sure if Trump won either.

It was a wash. I don't think it's gonna move the needle at all.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Trump's going to take the wrong lessons from this and crank the aggression up from 11 to 15 for the last debate.

bondster
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrettLoGiurato/status/785309073726140416

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

disjoe posted:

People Trump won with:
his core supporters

People Trump lost with:
everyone else, including Republican politicians
Yeah, I can't picture who this would sway to Trump who wasn't already supporting him.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

You loving Goon bastards jinxed it. That was spinnable (for a half-decent right wing shill) as a positive for Trump. Not enough to make up all the ground he's lost, not even close, but not worth staying up for either.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

That was a better answer from Trump than Clinton.

Trump manages to give a better compliment to a woman who is fit to be president than the woman gives to a fascist daughter fucker. Shocker.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hillary definitely won, hands down.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

WTF is with all these disposable cameras?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/froomkin/status/785308018003046400

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
PBS and NBC saying that Trump did what he needed to do and may have reassured Republicans.

lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Everyone on Fox saying Trump at least tied and probably won this debate.

I know it's Fox but... they didn't do that even after the first debate.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Munkeymon posted:

They might not allow phones / recording devices.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Apparently there is more footage of Trump using the N-word? If only that had aired too before this debate.

Maybe they're saving it for the 3rd debate.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
LEAKED: DONALD TRUMP'S PLAN FOR XXXTREME VETTING, "WE"LL FEEL UP ALL INCOMING MUSLIMS. DIBS ON LADY DUTY."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Whew, what a wild ride.

The next debate is going to be immensely unpleasant, since Trump's surrogates and the moderator will probably be colluding against Hillary directly.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That was disappointing. I wanted to see Trump get clowned and it was just a bunch of hot air and lip service.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I wish Hillary had done better though. She was not as sharp as she was last time. She whiffed the Lincoln thing pretty hard.

klingon
Oct 8, 2016

Munkeymon posted:

People probably aren't allowed to have their phones on the floor.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
These debates are loving bullshit where all the poo poo said is the same poo poo that's been in the media and talked about for weeks beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Servaetes posted:

the moderators this time around drilled/interrupted Trump more and it felt a bit biased.

I don't know much about the other moderator aside from her VP debate, but Anderson Cooper is not a man you want to get into a debate with. He's really loving good. I'm honestly surprised he was as subdued as he was.

Overall, Trump did better than expected, but he still said absolutely nothing of value. The only time he had any idea what he was talking about were the tax codes, and even then he started rambling off without much content. The Syria question was a loving joke. "The Secretary of State doesn't know who the rebels are!"

• Locked thread