Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Everyone on Fox saying Trump at least tied and probably won this debate.

I know it's Fox but... they didn't do that even after the first debate.
MAN OF THE HOUR I'll have you know

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I think Clinton not savaging him on the tapes works in her favor. These debates are being watched by a lot more people than normal, but I don't think it is for the reason intended. We all tuned in for the show, not to help us make up our mind between the candidates.

The Pussygate tapes don't need any extra air time from Clinton. They will do enough damage in their own, and they're still going to be in the next news cycle post-debate. If she pressed her attack on it too much she would have come across worse for it for the actual undecided voters. The only people who would have loved it were already voting for her anyway.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

PBS and NBC saying that Trump did what he needed to do and may have reassured Republicans.

lol

They're probably right. It stops the bleeding amongst some of the die-hard Republicans. It won't win over any swing voters or Democrats, but for a campaign in freefall this was probably beyond Trump's wildest hopes.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Josh Lyman posted:

Everyone on Fox saying Trump at least tied and probably won this debate.

I know it's Fox but... they didn't do that even after the first debate.

That's a pretty accurate assessment outside of this thread's echo chamber most likely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did anyone see the youtube stream accidentally cutting to the camerapeople chatting backstage

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Pence dropping out is bullshit right? There's no way this could be this amazing.

sadly, yeah; him dropping out at this stage would be front page news, but there's not been a peep. Closest thing is Trump admitting he hasn't actually talked to his running mate about most things.

God, that was awful all around. Trump didn't win, but I look forward to everyone saying he did because he didn't literally slap Hillary.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/AH_Michael/status/785307340727648256

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

geeves posted:

Apparently there is more footage of Trump using the N-word? If only that had aired too before this debate.

Maybe they're saving it for the 3rd debate.

A producer on the Apprentice said there is TONS of REALLY REALLY REAAAAAAAAAALLY bad footage (he said it's way worse than just dropping the N word) but the main head of the show has stated he will sue anyone releasing anything.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
This isn't even Trump's final form!
*glows orange*

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

EugeneJ posted:

Trump not losing is a win

Yeah, I don't have a great feeling about this one. Hillary should have heeded Michelle's advice better--she had some great pieces in there but they're going to be overshadowed by all the pissing matches she let herself get into. This wasn't the time for her to go on the attack; Trump was already lashing out defensively.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

BONESAW IS READY

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
After the debate, the NRK :norway: stream is now showing a documentary or some other sort of montage of how insane Trump is and his upbringing, what made him so awful.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Slowpoke! posted:

I think Clinton not savaging him on the tapes works in her favor.
She kind of did though. She tied it into the larger point that Trump has very little respect for women.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

PBS and NBC saying that Trump did what he needed to do and may have reassured Republicans.

lol

NBC also said that it wouldn't be enough because winning just your base won't win the election.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Right you are, Ken.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

disjoe posted:

I'm the guy behind Jake Tapper with the "FAT CHECK HIM" sign.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Any of you saying that Trump assuaged GOP hopes are discounting the moment when he said about Russia "Oh I don't agree with my VP and haven't talked with him."

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Well that was fun. I don't actually think it was "Stay up till 5 AM" fun, but I don't regret it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Keep posting. I'm voting for Hillary, but this "debate" didn't do any justice in questioning her.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Who is this?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

resurgam40 posted:

sadly, yeah; him dropping out at this stage would be front page news, but there's not been a peep. Closest thing is Drumpf admitting he hasn't actually talked to his running mate about most things.

God, that was awful all around. Drumpf didn't win, but I look forward to everyone saying he did because he didn't literally slap Hillary.

Yeah, while he did really well on the last question and didn't melt down, those are two very low bars for a presidential candidate to take. His answers early on, especially about Muslims and foreign affairs should be enough to sink a candidate in a sane election. Thing is, this isn't exactly a sane situation.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

OldTennisCourt posted:

A producer on the Apprentice said there is TONS of REALLY REALLY REAAAAAAAAAALLY bad footage (he said it's way worse than just dropping the N word) but the main head of the show has stated he will sue anyone releasing anything.

Yeah the pressure on Mark Burnett to release that footage is going to be enormous.

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
So I was expecting Trump to literally poo poo his pants on stage and devolve into babbling a bunch of half formed sentence fragments like he did in the first debate. Instead he lied his rear end off, ignored every question and feuded with the moderators.

If debates are about exceeding expectations, I completely understand why people are saying Trump won this debate.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Pence still in if his Twitter means anything.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

My gut reaction is a close win for Hillary tonight and a HUGE win long-term. Trump did absolutely nothing to win over anyone not already voting for Trump. Hillary will end up coming across as the only adult in the room.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Krunge posted:

Who is this?
That looks like Mike Rowe.

klingon
Oct 8, 2016

Krunge posted:

Who is this?

Mike Rowe?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I think hoping that the GOP was going to totally abandon Trump is way too hopeful and him standing on stage and attacking Clinton and saying vaguely conservative things is all they would ever need to jump back on his bandwagon. He "saved it" with the GOP by not going so far as to call Clinton a bitch whore that he wouldn't gently caress with a 10 foot pole but if that's the bar we're setting then gently caress everything

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
My big takeaway was Trump's truly heartfelt "She doesn't quit, and she doesn't give up. She's a fighter."

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

Krunge posted:

Who is this?

Mike Rowe?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Pence just tweeted that he intends to go down with the Titanic.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Retro42 posted:

My gut reaction is a close win for Hillary tonight and a HUGE win long-term. Trump did absolutely nothing to win over anyone not already voting for Trump. Hillary will end up coming across as the only adult in the room.

Did you even watch the debate

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

God of Evil Cows posted:

So I was expecting Trump to literally poo poo his pants on stage and devolve into babbling a bunch of half formed sentence fragments like he did in the first debate. Instead he lied his rear end off, ignored every question and feuded with the moderators.

If debates are about exceeding expectations, I completely understand why people are saying Trump won this debate.

That's pretty much the key. The expectations couldn't have been lower, and he didn't roll around on stage flinging his poop at the audience.

Looks like Pence is back onboard.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Eh Pence just tweeted he's standing with Trump. His quitting was a nice fantasy.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Crazy Ted posted:

She kind of did though. She tied it into the larger point that Trump has very little respect for women.

Yes but it was a direct response to a direct question about them. After that I don't think she specifically brought it up a single time. It was also one of the first questions so we went an hour after without talking about the tapes.

I think a lot of people expected her to bring it up more. But she did what she said she was going to do I guess... Try to talk about policy.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

'A white scourge popular in the rust belt and the rural southern states; well known for the sniffles. This answer feels good for 15 minutes yet causes a lifetime of regret'
What is.. Trump?

EDIT: Orange scourge*

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

They're trying to get Mark Cuban involved to cover costs :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Unormal posted:

My big takeaway was Trump's truly heartfelt "She doesn't quit, and she doesn't give up. She's a fighter."

That capped off a pretty decent night for Trump. A lot of Trumps win doesn't hold up to scrutiny but I don't think there's going to be too much scrutiny for most people.

• Locked thread