Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave the debate uncobbed?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Ed Balls
Robert Morrow
View Results

• Locked thread
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Yougov says clinton won 47-42

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/10/09/post-debate-poll/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

It is especially good because he attacked her stamina and now she doesn't give up.

otoh clinton implicitly condoned creeping on your own daughter with her answer so I'm calling this a win for trump

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
"I watched a different debate, but thanks"

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

otoh clinton implicitly condoned creeping on your own daughter with her answer so I'm calling this a win for trump

If you paid attention she never actually said Donald contributed to raising his kids to be good people, she just said she respected his kids and they reflect upon their parents, which is objectively true.

And at least a couple of them do seem to be more or less acceptable human beings, I think?

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

"I watched a different debate, but thanks"

loving Christ, even 2 showers can't wash the dirt cloud off her. I wonder what it feels like to sell your soul.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Quorum posted:

If you paid attention she never actually said Donald contributed to raising his kids to be good people, she just said she respected his kids and they reflect upon their parents, which is objectively true.

And at least a couple of them do seem to be more or less acceptable human beings, I think?

they suck a lot actually

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

tiffany might be okay I guess, who knows. and baron would be fine if he lost 300 pounds

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rynn posted:

loving Christ, even 2 showers can't wash the dirt cloud off her. I wonder what it feels like to sell your soul.

secure.

it makes you feel secure.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I dunno, that's pretty much what I thought after watching it. I'd personally call it a narrow win for Hillary and not a draw, but the overall point that Trump needed a game-changer and didn't get it is sound.

I think he did good enough to stanch the bleeding, at least assuming that those reports of Pence dropping out aren't true, but Trump desperately needs a couple positive news cycles, and this isn't gonna give it to him.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Trump won in much the same way that a high school team scoring a touchdown on an NFL team wins. The score is still 417-6, but that 6 is a big deal.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TBeats posted:

Trump won in much the same way that a high school team scoring a touchdown on an NFL team wins. The score is still 417-6, but that 6 is a big deal.

trump is mac bragging that he got a point in a real karate match and ignoring that he immediately got roundhouse kicked in the face immediately after

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

TBeats posted:

I guess those NFL guys just wanted it more.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I wonder what the plan is now that the Bill Clinton bomb didn't work and Trump didn't plan for anything beyond that. Unless he's skipping the third debate, I guess it's back to him pretending that his insults work as the GOP ditches him like a prom night dumpster baby.

I really need to stop falling asleep to Family Guy.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i wonder if he leaked all that ominous bill clinton stuff so hillary would prep for it and then just hit her on the same old emails benghazi obamacare isis business to blindside her
or if he just lacks the discipline to follow up a line of attack more than once

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i wonder if he leaked all that ominous bill clinton stuff so hillary would prep for it and then just hit her on the same old emails benghazi obamacare isis business to blindside her

figure out which of the two options is the most retarded and you'll have your answer

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
this nigel farage guy is just... what the gently caress

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the latter. she legitimately gave him a great avenue to attack her in regards to the alleged rapist she defended when she went into her law career, and yet he didn't - and that's pure incompetence.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Brother Entropy posted:

figure out which of the two options is the most retarded and you'll have your answer

but given how retarded donald trump is, it is more retarded to assume that the less retarded option occurred...

head
a
splode

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The biggest problem for Trump is that nothing that came out of this debate is worth talking about more than "grab them by the pussy."

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

I didn't get that at all and I doubt anybody else did either. It was the best thing she could come up with in the moment and none of us could have given a better answer than that. I have my own issues with Hillary and the debate but neither candidate did anything to hurt Hillary with that last question.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

for real tho was in the world was that abraham lincoln poo poo

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

god i'd already forgotten that trump attempted to swerve from the question about the tape by bringing up how bad isis is and how he's totally gonna beat up isis bigly

what a fuckin maroon

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

excuse me, that Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" poo poo

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
fyi, cnn has:

1st debate: +35 clinton
2nd debate: +23 clinton

...but compared to the first debate trump only improved by 7 lmao

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
LOL.

"57% saying Clinton won . . . . Fifty-eight percent . . . were supporting Clinton before the debate"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/09/politics/clinton-wins-debate-but-trump-exceeds-expectations/index.html?adkey=bn

CNN polled a sample that was 58% Clinton voters and only 57% said she won.

This victory is oh so sweet.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL.

"57% saying Clinton won . . . . Fifty-eight percent . . . were supporting Clinton before the debate"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/09/politics/clinton-wins-debate-but-trump-exceeds-expectations/index.html?adkey=bn

wear the hat

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

that wasnt a debate, that was a hog killing

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

WINNINGHARD posted:

that wasnt a debate, that was a hog killing

You shouldn't talk about a woman that way.

Also you are now unqualified to be President.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
Hey Boosted

permatoxx if you think trump will win bigly

he's doner than a trump steak

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

So why are the media all willing to say the word pussy when it's part of the name of an all-girl Russian punk band, but not when quoting the Trump tape?

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I didn't get that at all and I doubt anybody else did either. It was the best thing she could come up with in the moment and none of us could have given a better answer than that. I have my own issues with Hillary and the debate but neither candidate did anything to hurt Hillary with that last question.

I have no idea how to handle someone responding to that as if it was serious analysis, congratulations on your masterful metatroll

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Piss poop

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Powered Descent posted:

So why are the media all willing to say the word pussy when it's part of the name of an all-girl Russian punk band, but not when quoting the Trump tape?

CNN is brave enough to say pussy all day.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lmbo lewandoski keeps trying to dodge the tape but no one else is having it

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

I have no idea how to handle someone responding to that as if it was serious analysis, congratulations on your masterful metatroll

People say this as if there's something that is supposed to tip off that you aren't one of the many crazy motherfuckers who earnestly post crazy ideas. Boosted is in this thread so forgive me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
CNN: I swear, someone's gonna punch Corey.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oh Snapple! posted:

excuse me, that Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" poo poo

It was actually the literal context of the comments Trump was quoting, which is sad because it did kinda sound like a weak dodge she came up with on the spot and she should have been more aggressive about that because probably 90% of the people watching the debate never actually read that leaked speech.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

TheOneOutside posted:

Hey Boosted

permatoxx if you think trump will win bigly

he's doner than a trump steak

It's called a Döner, please respect Turkish-German culture

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

rear end cobra posted:

It's called a Döner, please eat Turkish cuisine

:yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL.

god drat you like a WW1 Russian general trying to explain why Samsonov shooting himself after Tannenberg means you actually won the battle because you cleared some dead wood out of the command structure

• Locked thread