Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Falcons beat the Broncos so bad Kubiak ended up in the hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I believe that since the Superbowl win, the Ravens are now cursed. It's the Ed Reed curse. Because after that season Harbaugh cleaned out the team and got rid of all the players from the old Ray Lewis and Billick era he didn't like. And took full control. Just like the New York Rangers used to have a curse that's how the Ravens will be. We'll be in decline and in mediocrity for years as long as Harbaugh is around and coaching the team.

what the hell is wrong with you

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Kubiak was taken to the hospital for a flu? Wtf, why cant my insurance be that good

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Keith Atherton posted:

"The Something Awful Golden Rule: Before you post, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?""

you definitely aren't lol

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I suppose the highlight of the Chargers/Raiders game is that Joey Bosa looked pretty good in his debut. He had two sacks on a pretty limited snap count - granted, it was against the weakest part of the Raiders' o-line, but he still turned in impressive work in the opportunities he had.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
The Dallas Cowboys are real good yall.

At least on offense.

Also, early research is showing that the NFC East is better than the AFC North.

The division of the Ringz

except philly yall bad lmao.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kawalimus posts are cool, in that whatever universe he finds himself in must be really interesting

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Kawalimus posted:

Please tell me the Ravens didn't extend Flacco's contract. We have GOT to move on. He isn't going to get any better. He can't read the field fast enough and any pressure at all ruins him. His accuracy downfield sucks. He's not a good player. I don't criticize the team for signing him to that huge deal after his big postseason. But I do criticize them if we keep him around these days just because of that. He is not good.

Agreed

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

I am happy the Steelers won and they looked real good doing it. I hope Brown isn't pissed off at his lack of receptions, but I think his being double and triple covered are why all these other receivers and TEs are getting so open.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Once the ball is out of bounds isn't it not-live?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

got any sevens posted:

Once the ball is out of bounds isn't it not-live?

Once it touches the ground or any object or person out of bounds it's no longer live. A person in bounds could still catch or deflect the ball before it is declared dead. Also, a player is considered in bounds until any part of their body touches the ground out of bounds. fiimotspmbf

not that it makes any difference or is actually relevant to what happened, it's really just a "stop having fun" fine from the commish. I guess their definition of 'live ball' was one that was being used to play the game idk. Just read it as a stop having fun fine.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 10, 2016

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Antonio Brown is the coolest dude with the best dance moves and awesome cleats and the NFL are a bunch of rich white gently caress boys who can die.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams offence has maybe 1 or 2 good players and they don't have a first round round pick this year. This team is hosed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams offence has maybe 1 or 2 good players and they don't have a first round round pick this year. This team is hosed.

I'm okay with this in fact more than okay

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Scorching hot take: the Packers will live and die in the playoffs (wildcard berth) with their defense. The offense will only ever be "good enough"

Man what a crazy change from a few years ago

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We're done with Giants primetime games for a while, right

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Benne posted:

We're done with Giants primetime games for a while, right

never

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

OSheaman posted:

Scorching hot take: the Packers will live and die in the playoffs (wildcard berth) with their defense. The offense will only ever be "good enough"

they will lose on the first possession of overtime as the defense gives up the drive easily

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Lessail posted:

they will lose on the first possession of overtime as the defense gives up the drive easily

you son of a bitch

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

OSheaman posted:

you son of a bitch

The real joy is finding out how they get to overtime. Will it be blowing a lead? Making a huge comeback? A stalemate that lasts forever?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
hey guys I'm back

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Giants offensive line is so loving bad. Last time the line was this bad was 2013 and Eli played like absolute poo poo

This year the line is so bad because we have zero tackles worth a drat and Eli is playing like absolute poo poo

I mean people keep wondering why we arent tearing up the air with 3 stud WRs but Eli cant complete a 3 step drop without someone reaching him. I think it's telling that our two wins came against the two teams with bad defensive lines

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Lesean McCoy = very good football person.

Mike McCoy = very poopy football person.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Nice to see the Marc Trestman year 2 meltdown has arrived right on schedule. Really puts the craven in Ravens.

Joe Flacco is not actually this bad, just get him a real OC.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Dak is awesome.

Football is great.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Better luck next week Bengals!!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The good:

-Joey Bosa played! And looked good! He played 21 of 71 defensive snaps, and had two sacks and a tackle for loss against a pretty good Raiders offensive line. I am glad he was on the field and looked productive.
-Hunter Henry and Tyrell Williams both impressed. Henry is gonna be real good for a real long time.
-No season ending injuries. The curse is broken.
-Defense played relatively well. Holding the Raiders out of the endzone on multiple occasions when they'd been unstoppable in the redzone this year was good.
-Philip Rivers is really good.

The bad:

-Philip Rivers can be really frustrating. Those two INTs were awful.
-Hold onto the loving ball, Melvin.
-Hold onto the loving ball, Gates.

the Ugly:

-I hope Drew Kaser is cut tomorrow. He's a god awful punter, can't handle a loving snap, and two seconds after the game ended was laughing with all the Raiders players. gently caress you.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Ugly:

Melvin Gordon is bad. Like, Trent Richardson levels of bad. 3.2 yards per carry this season, 3.4 for his career.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
With that letter about sexual celebrations, it seems the NFL hates grabbing balls as much as the San Diego place kick holder.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hey guys I'm back

I'm pretty sure your avatar hugged me at an Acme grocery in New Jersey a few weeks ago.

He was super nice and his name was Alex.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

The Ugly:

Melvin Gordon is bad. Like, Trent Richardson levels of bad. 3.2 yards per carry this season, 3.4 for his career.

That 3.2 for this year is going up some after today, but yeah. If anyone is saying he's arrived and is now good it's premature at the least.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

That 3.2 for this year is going up some after today, but yeah. If anyone is saying he's arrived and is now good it's premature at the least.

Saying he looks better so far this year than he did last year is accurate

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I miss you so much trevor

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Raiders gonna start 7-1 then go 1-7 but goddamn they're entertaining and that's all I can ask for.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 10, 2016

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
double bad

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

WHOOPS posted:

Tore both is ACLs while in STL, couldn't beat out Jake Matthews in ATL last year. Maybe he can still play but I'm pretty sure he'd be a depth signing because of how many offensive lineman the Vikings have lost.

He nearly signed with Baltimore this off-season, but refused to sign an injury waiver on his right knee. Not the same player he was before, but he has familiarity working with Sparano and could provide some much needed depth at OT. The Vikings are also going to work out several other offensive linemen, so they may go a different route. Still waiting for word on Andre Smith. There were some reports last week that he was going to the IR, but he claimed his injury wasn't as bad as reported, but even if he's healthy, they still need more depth at OT. Vikings also only have $1.8 million in cap room left so anyone they add will need to be at the prorated league minimum.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

(edit whoops wrong thread) Giants can't catch a break it seems like :o

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

OSheaman posted:

Special teams were also horrible this game. I thought Zook had something going with Jeff Janis as gunner last year, but yesterday we saw massive returns. And then the punting... Why did we kick Mastay to the curb again?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I still don't know what the Rams were smokin on that fake punt run.

Basically Rams were down by 4 have the ball 4th and 5 with like 3 or so minutes left. So going for it on 4th is a possibility and it is certainly the kind of scenario you might expect a fake punt in to begin with.

I mean it wasn't like the Saints onside kick in the Superbowl where it is out of nowhere.

Then before the play begins the wide receiver goes in motion and makes noise and wildly flails his arms to the other side...So before the ball is even snapped you know it is an obvious fake and by trying to use misdirection their WR actually signals where the ball is actually going to go.

Here's a new Ram Rule: When going for a fake, it might be important to incorporate the element of surprise, instead of shrieking, scurrying around in opposite directions, not blocking and completely making GBS threads yourself in a game you could have won!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm still amazed the lions won that game, feels good to have the Fords bust out the bribe money for the refs once in a while

Still I am beginning to feel the existential dread of crawling backwards into a 9-7 season followed by Jim Caldwell narrowly not getting fired

The Detroit Lions, an emotional rollercoaster

• Locked thread