Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
<tries in vain to remember if I've ever used the free pen at a hotel*>

*for writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

You sent in an anonymous confession and didn't tell us what you actually did to Heather? My guess is some form of sexual assault.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
she dumped him because of his lovely creative writing

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

she dumped him because he was always making her use hotel pens

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

loquacius posted:

Second guy, there's a good chance that if you were drunk enough that you don't remember who you were talking to or what you said to them, they were also drunk enough that they either don't remember hearing it or who they heard it from or even who they heard it about. Also, even if they do have a crystal-clear memory of the incident, there's a good chance they'll have enough social awareness to keep their mouths shut. Also also, you don't actually know you said anything, and even if you did, there's nothing to be done about it now. I wouldn't spend too much time fretting over this; this sounds like one of those social-anxiety things that isn't objectively a rational thing to worry about.

Loquacius is probably right but I have been on the recieving end of information I shouldn't have (work-related) and we certainly remembered after even though the drunk-information giver did not remember saying anything. I am curious if you are worried because of the degree of drunkeness you had compared to whoever else you were with. If you were drunker than them the odds are they remember better than you.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

That dude either cheated on or killed asked Heather to piss on him.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I know the Medieval Latin lyrics to "One Winged Angel" (final boss fight soundtrack from Final Fantasy 7) by heart. Sometimes I sing it to myself.

quote:

I'm just a few minutes older than my identical twin brother. Through high school and until we were about 30, no one could really tell us apart except for our closest friends and family. We dated different types of girls and ran in different cliques, so that was one way of telling. My brother was into the whole "guido" thing and wore Z Cavaricci pants with a turtle neck and of course a gold chain hanging out over the shirt. I was more of a gear head and wore Levi's and Dickies and looked like a gas station attendant.

It's the 80's. I'm just out of high school and my brother and I are going to the same university on the opposite coast from home. We became tighter at college than we did during high school. My brother had left a very despondent girlfriend back home, and she was exceptionally attractive, but one of those Drakkar sniffing coke sniffing dance club girls that I just couldn't stand to talk to. She's calling and writing my brother non-stop for 4 or 5 months and he's already met someone and changed his style to more of a grunge kid now. He's having some academic problems and had to stay behind for winter break to take classes. He's also too chickenshit to break up with his girlfriend from home.

I ran into his soon to be ex girlfriend while at the mall, she was calling out a name and since I constantly got mistaken for my brother and vice-versa, I've learned to ignore it. So she runs up and around me, to get into my face and I tell her I'm the other twin. It should have ended there, but it didn't. She came by New Years Eve with the "I don't have a date" thing. So I hung out with her, and I lost my virginity. I was very shy in high school, so almost the entire month of January I was balls deep in this incredibly good looking girl.

My brother wasn't aware of what was going on. I felt pretty bad about it so I called him and told him straight out the entire truth. To my surprise he wasn't upset at all. It was quite the opposite.

Things got pretty serious. I grew to love her. She was my date at homecoming the next year. My brother with his date and me with mine. And that should have been that. We go to my brothers girlfriends apartment and played drunken truth or dare, and that's where poo poo got weird. Her room mate, a very attractive Italian girl with big tits rounded out the 5 of us, and we were totally hosed up.

Everyone is taking truths. Then my brother takes a dare and he has to kiss me. The gently caress? So we do. Then after some coke and a little weed practically everyone is naked. We're making out with each other and not much further into the evening there's five of us loving each other on two twin beds pushed together and everything is great except when the girls wanted me and my brother to make out. I was not into it, but all of the girls had gone down on each other, so this rant starts and it's playful.

tl;dr my brother sucked my dick. And this got all over campus. Quickly. Actually, it led to more dates for me; but my brother who was always a little more effeminate than I, took it very hard. People called us fags in the dining halls. Another year, he dropped out of school and came out to the family as gay.

My brother sucked my dick and it made him gay and I'm bi. My wife is the woman I lost my virginity to and even now I let guys suck me off in front of her.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

One of those last two confessions really topped the other

I mean, medieval Latin? drat, I'm impressed.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Are the lyrics Medieval Latin originally or is it worse than I think

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

You know somehow I believe this, for real

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

good for him

latin is a tough language

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

You know somehow I believe this, for real

sounds like everything worked out in the end

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

uh that story is obvoously fake garbage, i can tell from the pixels

Eikre
May 2, 2009
That actually happens to everyone that has a twin. You guys didn't know that? Lol.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

loquacius posted:

One of those last two confessions really topped the other

I mean, medieval Latin? drat, I'm impressed.

Medieval Latin is actually much less grammatically complicated than Classical Latin.

I should know, I took all of my twin brother's Latin exams for him.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Were they oral exams?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

H.H posted:

You shouldn't post this on the same page as a twin brojob orgy confession.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

tl;dr my brother sucked my dick.

Thread title plz

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

hth posted:

good for him

latin is a tough language

It actually really isn't.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

loquacius posted:

First of all I will say I am a coprophile. That's a pretty pathetic thing to be and must be close to the limit of dom/sub stuff. I've never told anyone and have tried to enjoy a normal sex life. 
A few days ago though I had a waking fantasy where, instead of me defecating on a woman, a woman was shiting, but form an rear end in a top hat beween her tits. The whole thing was real hot in my dream but when I awoke even I was disgusted. 
Everyone seems to feel the need to justify each email they send so I'll say that I thought you would get a laugh and I'd finally get to tell someone about this bizarre fetish I might be developing, for something that disgusts me and what's more that's physically impossible. To be clear I am NOT masturbating while writing this. 

Too spoopy for me!

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Six tenses, six cases and a million declensions is your idea of easy?

Name one modern Romance language that is harder to master.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

H.H posted:

is eating rear end a language

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

More like a hobby, I would say.

A vocation, perhaps, if you're really into it.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

hth posted:

is eating rear end a language

Depends, do you warble while you do it? You have to warble for it to count.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
rear end eating is the universal language

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

H.H posted:

How about comparing it to other languages that aren't specifically derived and simplified from Latin? Such as, say, Arabic or Mandarin or rear end eating.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Arabic is much simpler, at least the colloquial version.

If we're comparing Classical to Classical, I would argue that on purely technical grounds Latin is more difficult: twice as much cases, twice as much tenses and a bit less declensions.
Obviously that's not an absolutely objective way to quantify difficulty of language acquisition, but it is indicative of complexity.

I dunno, when I studied Arabic it seemed much easier.

I don't know Mandarin, but my friends who studied it say that the morphology is very simple. The difficult part is pronunciation and writing.
Any Chinese speakers who can verify this?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

H.H posted:

As others have said, why Romance? Romance languages tend to be on the easier end of the scale. Meanwhile , something like Finnish or Hungarian is harder than Latin, I'd say.

(Also, for Latin, unless you have very weird use cases like you're literally living in the Vatican, you only have to learn to read it. That's a lot easier than live conversation in any language)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
If it's just the normal lyrics to One Winged Angel, I still remember that poo poo almost 20 years later. I was a teen when it came out, sue me.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Let's stop Pekingese
He no fair, energy
Seph-ee-roth

brotato
May 14, 2013

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Let's stop Pekingese
He no fair, energy
Seph-ee-roth

Big fan of "ham and cheese" for the middle lyric myself

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

DoctorStrangelove posted:

H.H posted:

hey guys i got an anonymous confession to my email!! here it is :

a mysterious electronic cyberpunk posted:

WHO loving CARES

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

OMGVBFLOL posted:

hey guys i got an anonymous confession to my email!! here it is :

god forbid discussion in the anon confession thread

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

English is Latin based. I speak and write English. Therefore Latin is an easy language.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

English is Latin based. I speak and write English. Therefore Latin is an easy language.

engish is based off unwashed dudes jerkin each other off in the german wilderness

as opposed to a bathhouse somewhere near modern tuscany

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Engish sounds kinda dirty.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Nocheez posted:

If it's just the normal lyrics to One Winged Angel, I still remember that poo poo almost 20 years later. I was a teen when it came out, sue me.

yeah the original lyrics are a copy paste job from the carmina burana iirc
we're showing our age I guess

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Engish sounds kinda dirty.

English is lousy with loanwords, so I'd say it's pretty promiscuous (not trying to slutshame)

Eikre
May 2, 2009
My confession: I know all the Latin lyrics to hit punk band The Dickie's 1989 track, "Caligula."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

H.H posted:

Medieval Latin is actually much less grammatically complicated than Classical Latin.

My confession is that I actually knew this due to taking classical Latin in high school but couldn't think of another way to make that joke work