Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

Grondoth posted:

I still can't figure out if I like justice or development more.

it's fuckin development, not seeing what's so hard about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Ah, maybe I'm just super dumb and misinterpreted something they said then.

you're.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

They are irony bros, so

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I figured I couldn't get into this because "you have to know a lot about twitter" is kind of a barrier but those jokes about the bill buckley solo firing line episodes and him dressing up as nero while everyone else was learning how to box were loving perfect, I had tears streaming down my face. Alt-right giamatti was just icing on the cake.

Guy Mann posted:

One of the McElroy bros does a medical history podcast with his doctor wife and after Hillary collapsed on 9/11 she did an episode on pneumonia that was mostly just an excuse to defend/shill for Hillary. At one point she argued that the founding fathers had smallpox and FDR had polio so if you criticise Hillary for being sick then you hate America and the fact that she was out there at all when she was sick shows how STRONG she is and :downswords:

Oh cool, another RGD thread where guy mann publicly shits the bed with the lights on :thumbsup:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SousaphoneColossus posted:

it's fuckin development, not seeing what's so hard about this

But without justice, will it be the right development?

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

Grondoth posted:

But without justice, will it be the right development?

look at this gulenist over here

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

That episode where Matt and Felix debated whether healing crystals or homeopathic cures were more important for a universal healthcare program for 45 minutes might have been a reason for your confusion.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/785283503177031681

https://twitter.com/pmurt420/status/785283260079304705

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It turns out that guy's name is Ken Bone

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Corek posted:

It turns out that guy's name is Ken Bone

incredible to see a great animated character come to life:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Which question did Kenneth bone ask? I wasn't paying attention

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

super fart shooter posted:

Which question did Kenneth bone ask? I wasn't paying attention

How to balance out clean energy with the economy.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Lol

https://twitter.com/carl_diggler/status/785309242555297793

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i love it when reality reshapes itself to align with chapo

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

rumble in the bunghole posted:

They've always been pretty critical though it doesn't come up often.

I think one of the guests recently put it more plainly and the boys agreed that Jill Stein and the Greens tend to run just for the highest office and largely ignore the down ballot races that would actually do way more than a vanity run for the White House. Also that she's a anti vaxxer nut.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Why do people still repeat the thing about Jill stein being anti vaccine, all the hand wringing was based on a Reddit AMA where she said "vaccines work but we should be skeptical of lobbyists influence on the FDA" and then every time since then shes clarified more directly that she's pro-vaccine

quote:

I have a whole book on toxic threats to child development. It’s called In Harm’s Way: Toxic Threats to Child Development, that I wrote with other health experts at Physicians for Social Responsibility when I was doing this stuff. This was published in, I believe it was 2000, by Physicians. It’s available on the web for free as a public interest research tool — actually as an organizing tool, in fact, for communities to help defend themselves against true toxic threats to child development. We did not even list vaccines as an issue. That’s the reality, that there is not solid evidence that points to vaccinations.

quote:

To speak to this more, there are two issues here.

One is whether or not vaccines are a threat. They’re not, not by any evidence that we have.

The Federal Drug Administration (FDA), on the other hand, is perfectly capable of being corrupted, and there are examples of poor regulation by the FDA. This is certainly underscoring public distrust. We’re saying, “Well, the way to shore up faith in vaccines is to clean up the FDA and our other regulatory agencies.”

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/759142652243644416

Is this what passes for being an anti vaxxer nutcase now lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

manyak posted:

Why do people still repeat the thing about Jill stein being anti vaccine, all the hand wringing was based on a Reddit AMA where she said "vaccines work but we should be skeptical of lobbyists influence on the FDA" and then every time since then shes clarified more directly that she's pro-vaccine

wish there was a vaccine for your posts

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

manyak posted:

She was trying to court the anti vax crowd early on, and the clarifications came when she was called out for very cynically trying to fence sit on the issue.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

That tweet is super lovely because it equates "the polio vaccine does not cause autism" with "OxyContin is not habit forming"

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

She was trying to court the anti vax crowd early on, and the clarifications came when she was called out for very cynically trying to fence sit on the issue.

Yeah definitely, but imo theres a difference between cynically pandering which every politician does and being "an anti vaccine nut" which isnt the case but makes it a lot easier to discredit her medical knowledge and stuff

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

manyak posted:

Why do people still repeat the thing about Jill stein being anti vaccine

because it's funny, idiot

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Greens suck because 'ecologist' isn't a very good/stable ideology, but a lot of the criticism of Stein is BS

manyak posted:

Yeah definitely, but imo theres a difference between cynically pandering which every politician does and being "an anti vaccine nut" which isnt the case but makes it a lot easier to discredit her medical knowledge and stuff

Obama & Clinton both made anti-vax statements in 2008, lol

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

virgil should book the real ken bone for the digcast asap
soundcloud gonna break over the dadness volume

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the big surge of Jill Stein anti-vax stuff sure seemed like it was Hillary's camp poisoning the well, but who knows

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

really Stein should be mocked for her anti wifi stuff more

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
haha i forgot about that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQjaSJP2Xg

you knock out the wifi, you stop the irony poisoning, sam hyde, harambe meme, everything. jill stein knows wassup

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
EDIT: jill stein is dumb

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 10, 2016

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Isn't Stein also anti-nuclear power?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

Isn't Stein also anti-nuclear power?

uhhh yeah you could say that

https://twitter.com/drjillstein/status/715230945679380481

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Civilized Fishbot posted:

iirc the wi-fi stuff wasn't as dumb or funny as 'wifi beams scramble the kid's brains through radioactivity. It was more like 'aw well you know the kids get the ipad and hte iphone and the facebook and the myspace and it messes up their attention spans and they can't concentrate on the school and this whole country's goin down the drat drain'

Dr. Stein said in response to a question about wireless internet in schools: “We should not be subjecting kids’ brains especially to that… We don’t follow that issue in this country, but in Europe, where they do, they have good precautions around wireless, maybe not good enough.” What precautions should be taken around wireless internet and why?

What actually happened is that a parent raised concerns about the possible health effects of WiFi radiation on developing children, and I agreed that more research is needed. It may surprise many people that over 200 scientific experts in the field have called for more research into the health effects of radiation from devices like cellphones and WiFi, especially on developing children, and a number of countries have banned or restricted these technologies in schools. These concerns were amplified by a recent National Institutes of Health study that provided “some of the strongest evidence to date that such exposure [to the type of radiation emitted from cell phones and wireless devices] is associated with the formation of rare cancers…”

http://www.jill2016.com/jill_stein_answers_science_questions

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Dr. Stein said in response to a question about wireless internet in schools: “We should not be subjecting kids’ brains especially to that… We don’t follow that issue in this country, but in Europe, where they do, they have good precautions around wireless, maybe not good enough.” What precautions should be taken around wireless internet and why?

What actually happened is that a parent raised concerns about the possible health effects of WiFi radiation on developing children, and I agreed that more research is needed. It may surprise many people that over 200 scientific experts in the field have called for more research into the health effects of radiation from devices like cellphones and WiFi, especially on developing children, and a number of countries have banned or restricted these technologies in schools. These concerns were amplified by a recent National Institutes of Health study that provided “some of the strongest evidence to date that such exposure [to the type of radiation emitted from cell phones and wireless devices] is associated with the formation of rare cancers…”

http://www.jill2016.com/jill_stein_answers_science_questions

oh whoops, thanks for the correction. lol jill

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol I like this one better, let's just stop using pesticides and see what happens, it's called the precautionary principle

quote:

Dr. Stein has called for a moratorium on GMOs and pesticides. How would this work? Does it apply to all GMOs or just some?
We would enact a moratorium on new genetically modified organisms being introduced into our ecosystems, including our agricultural system and our food supply, until independent research free from industry influence shows decisively that GMOs are not harmful to human health or to the health of our ecosystems. This is called the Precautionary Principle, and it is used in countries in the European Union, but not in the United States. We should also phase out the use of GMO foods currently being grown, unless independent research shows decisively that GMOs are not harmful to human health or ecosystems.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

haha i forgot about that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQjaSJP2Xg

you knock out the wifi, you stop the irony poisoning, sam hyde, harambe meme, everything. jill stein knows wassup

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I want to know Jill Stein's stance on the Spirit Molecule, DMT

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Who among us have not done their doctoral thesis' on Indigo Children

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/769972901428748289

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

HolePisser1982 posted:

the big surge of Jill Stein anti-vax stuff sure seemed like it was Hillary's camp poisoning the well, but who knows

it absolutely was a talking points memo kind of thing, but Stein has bad ideas on various subjects regardless of whether or not Clinton surrogates are calling attention to it.

HolePisser1982 posted:

I want to know Jill Stein's stance on the Spirit Molecule, DMT

The Machine Elves have endorsed Jill Stein for President.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

At roughly 9:00 AM, I saw a yellow wrapper from Whataburger lying on the carpet from the previous day. Everything surrounding the wrapper turned pitch black and the wrapper started to pulsate and blink. First, it became a luminous gold color. The gold promptly faded into a brilliant white hue that nearly blinded me. After about 5 seconds, this went away. At this instant, standing in the place of the small wrapper was a small creature, with which I would become very close during the remainder of the experience.

The creature was approximately 1 foot tall and 1 foot wide – Jill Stein with the face of a bird. On her short, round body, she wore an oversized, dark gray cloak. The sleeves reached down past her hands (which I never saw) and dragged behind her as she walked. Actually, the bird Jill Stein did not walk, she slowly dragged/limped around, indifferent to my presence. Her face was similar to that of an eagle. Her head was pasty white and she had three large yellow feathers sticking out on either side of her head, serving as whiskers. I was not afraid or at all startled by the bird Jill Stein. In fact, she was welcome in my room, which by now was a large Greek temple made from marble. She paced about the temple, seeming to contemplate something. I felt very sorry for the bird Jill Stein, as she seemed to be very troubled at the time.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

the fact that professional dipshit Gary Johnson has at least quintuple the support of Stein should tell you something about the effectiveness of the Green Party's tactics and message

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

A good portion of the publicity the Greens get are people trying to convince themselves that the Democratic Party cannot fail, it can only be failed.

I missed Felix on the human rights law discussion as foreign atrocities supported by the US seems to be his favorite topic to discuss besides mediocre US pundits and MMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SousaphoneColossus posted:

the fact that professional dipshit Gary Johnson has at least quintuple the support of Stein should tell you something about the effectiveness of the Green Party's tactics and message

Stein would be way more entertaining if she too blew $30k on internet memes.