Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
McCree looks like we has way more than an arm missing, guy looks like he has a futuristic dialysis machine hooked directly into him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Also you don't really know what's behind Reaper's mask. Maybe he's a bear now

hewrestledabearonce

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Panfilo posted:

All these cyborg arms in the game and no rocket punch, what a disgrace.

Maybe someday Doomfist will steal his/her/its own hand back from the museum

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 10, 2016

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
There are more than one Doomfist. The next one will most likely be a new one.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I want to doomfist ur mum lol

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

JackDarko posted:

There are more than one Doomfist. The next one will most likely be a new one.

A Doomfist for each category!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Efexeye posted:

yeah, this bear

what is this from

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Russian Avengers coming out next year I think.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Full Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU9G5eMCA1o

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
looks dope

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Again, dataminers found voice lines where characters talk about someone invisible being nearby. These were from the same batch that also indicated that the new map would be a castle and there would be a Halloween event. We're 2 for 3 so far, which I wouldn't write off as meaningless.

This doesn't actually seem that clear? They all talk about noticing the enemy generally, no specific reference to invisibility. "I sense the presence of the enemy," stuff like that. Note that the same update also included a bunch of generic "Enemy detected" lines. Motion sensors, as someone suggested earlier, would also fit well with them.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

I'm the ninja who put their swords in the dryer.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Sombra doesn't do any hacking but she uses the laptop gun from Perfect Dark, and also her melee has the dizzy effect that persists through respawn and makes the game loving unplayable.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Naerasa posted:

Sombra doesn't do any hacking but she uses the laptop gun from Perfect Dark, and also her melee has the dizzy effect that persists through respawn and makes the game loving unplayable.

I'd play this hero and never anyone else.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We're all Sombra now

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

funny Star Wars parody posted:

We're all Sombra now

I didn't start this Sombra

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
drat Sombra, get off my lawn!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
her ult makes everyone dance in an aoe and is called Sombra di Amigo

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Her ult gives Soldier's ult to a friend instead of herself so that rear end in a top hat who always slam picks Hanzo or McCree actually starts hitting things.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sombra's ult forces everyone on your team to stand on the payload.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Seriously, though, it's probably some kind of drone.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Veryslightlymad posted:

Her ult gives Soldier's ult to a friend instead of herself so that rear end in a top hat who always slam picks Hanzo or McCree actually starts hitting things.

everry mcree i see get nano boosted they ult and then walk slightly faster while the enemy gathers behind reins shield and holds m1

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
her ult is probably a sleep dart thing but stun instead tbh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Nano boosting mccrees is just a bad use of nanoboost.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

verbal enema posted:

everry mcree i see get nano boosted they ult and then walk slightly faster while the enemy gathers behind reins shield and holds m1

mccree's ult gains 200 damage a second(300 nano-boosted?) and continues to stack the damage even if the skull is lined up so if rein's shield is low he can punch through it and kill everyone behind it

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
The player name turns blue to the enemy team or something is my lazy guess.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

her ult is the Total Recall hologram bracelet obviously

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

MacheteZombie posted:

Nano boosting mccrees is just a bad use of nanoboost.

https://gfycat.com/FortunateOptimisticFanworms actually its good,

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's a lot of ults.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
fastest walker in the west

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Her ult is Deadpool's from marvel heroes, the game lags and everyone rubber bands in place while cartoon memes pop up on their screens.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

And now we play the waiting game

(I will also buy loot boxes because I am a moron)

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

EMC posted:

And now we play the waiting game

(I will also buy loot boxes because I am a moron)

Same here, but why say moron? You make your money, you can spend it however. Now if you said you spent money on a RNC super pac, or non-Halloween loot boxes...

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Sombra's stealth gimmick is climbing on walls and ceilings like a skulk from natural selection.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
A character that could freely run along walls and ceilings like the Alien from AvP would honestly be pretty rad, even if a lot of the maps aren't really set up to take advantage of it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I guess the question with Sombra is, does her hacker theme tie directly to her gameplay, or is it more just flavour? A lot of people's ideas and theories revolve around her messing with the other players, their abilities, and their interface... but maybe her kit is less gimmicky and more along the lines of "mwahaha I attack you with technology".

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Supercar Gautier posted:

I guess the question with Sombra is, does her hacker theme tie directly to her gameplay, or is it more just flavour? A lot of people's ideas and theories revolve around her messing with the other players, their abilities, and their interface... but maybe her kit is less gimmicky and more along the lines of "mwahaha I attack you with technology".

Which other Overwatch heroes have flavor-independent abilities?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I would say that aside from having a big health pool, Zarya's abilities aren't really related to her being a big buff soldier.

But my point is that Sombra's kit might be more generally "evil tech" flavoured, rather than literally hacking the enemy team.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Brannock posted:

Which other Overwatch heroes have flavor-independent abilities?

McCree is a cowboy, and his abilities are a tactical grenade and a somersault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
new Sombra ult idea: Sombra ult dumps the emails of every person on the opposing team and leaks them in chat over the course of the rest of the game. Has no effect in game but destroys the morale/reputation/career of targeted players.