Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

spog posted:

I see that Ford has been looking at the Range Rover Sport and saying 'we could do that'

More like "we owned the company and we're keeping all the styling cues even though we sold them." They did the same thing with the interiors (the F-150 owes a ton to LR) and the Aston Martin grille they stick on all their cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Octopus Magic posted:

It was 150 for 4 20 (lol 420) minute sessions

Oh poo poo that is really not that bad. Would love to check that out. I follow them on FB and the track looks pretty sweet.

Getting ready to head out to a weekend in the Berkshires for my friend's bachelor party and wedding.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Exit Strategy posted:

People didn't seem to believe me in the dumb question thread. So, here you go. My new '15 Explorer Police Interceptor.

Neither the Caddy nor the '34 Plymouth are mine - Both belong to my father, who has no arms and no legs. The universe is a cruel, cold place.

This is the best post.

Story on the Interceptor, please. Is it a regular production purchase, or did you have to special order / connections order it? I like the de-content look of the interior.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I think I'd rather have the plate holder off than at a weird angle. Just such a distraction.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

drgitlin posted:

More like "we owned the company and we're keeping all the styling cues even though we sold them." They did the same thing with the interiors (the F-150 owes a ton to LR) and the Aston Martin grille they stick on all their cars.

I think that it is pretty cool that for reasonable prices, I can now buy a Range Rover that won't fall to bits and an Aston Martin that will start.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
/\/\/\ Don't forget boring, reliable Jaaaaaaaaaaaags!

drgitlin posted:

I thought the Aston Martin front-end looks were because Ford headhunted Aston's lead designer. If they did, I guess he just stuck with what he knew? Maybe Ford didn't specify "originality" in the contract?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I don't think you can technically headhunt someone who works for you...

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Seminal Flu posted:

This is the best post.

Story on the Interceptor, please. Is it a regular production purchase, or did you have to special order / connections order it? I like the de-content look of the interior.

Apparently, the chief of a local PD used it as a work vehicle, and simply handed it back in when he retired at 34k miles. I was looking for a used but new-ish Explorer, and came across it on a lot. I love the gently caress out of the thing, as it's mechanically sound, goes like a startled cat and handles fantastically.

I just want to put a drat center console in it. I miss having an armrest and cupholders that aren't near my feet.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Exit Strategy posted:

Apparently, the chief of a local PD used it as a work vehicle, and simply handed it back in when he retired at 34k miles. I was looking for a used but new-ish Explorer, and came across it on a lot. I love the gently caress out of the thing, as it's mechanically sound, goes like a startled cat and handles fantastically.

I just want to put a drat center console in it. I miss having an armrest and cupholders that aren't near my feet.

Can I come for a ride in it

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Exit Strategy posted:

But you got a COLUMN SHIFTER out of it!

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

StormDrain posted:

But you got a COLUMN SHIFTER out of it!

The fucker is entirely computer controlled, it literally goes PRND, with L an option if you push a button on the end of the shifter. I don't care about the inherent whatever of manual transmissions. I just want to put my loving arms down.

PCOS Bill posted:

Can I come for a ride in it

Anytime, baby. We'll go shoot things, too. Bring that Trump Gun.

Exit Strategy fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 8, 2016

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Just got this delivered yesterday:

Yes, it's a blast to drive.

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
Well, finally had to retire the RSX type-S. Extremely sad to see it go, but a 2 door coupe just doesn't cut it with a 9 month old infant.

Not quite as fun, but a lot more practical, and a hell of a lot better than any crossover.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Deteriorata posted:

Just got this delivered yesterday:

Yes, it's a blast to drive.

:swoon: No one within a 500 mile radius has one with a manual :(

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Farking Bastage posted:

:swoon: No one within a 500 mile radius has one with a manual :(

I had to buy it from a dealer in Texas and have it shipped to me. Lusso/Premium/Manual

It was one of three within 1000 miles of me, and the only one the dealer wasn't price gouging on.

I took what I could get on the color, but the bronze is a really nice color, particularly compared to the other options.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I'm probably going to hold out for an abarth one. I have a fun as gently caress car now(WRX), but you really can't wring that one out without putting your license in serious jeopardy. Also those Multiair engines are trivially easy to tune to 230-250 WHP

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Chu020 posted:

Well, finally had to retire the RSX type-S. Extremely sad to see it go, but a 2 door coupe just doesn't cut it with a 9 month old infant.

Not quite as fun, but a lot more practical, and a hell of a lot better than any crossover.

I love these, good work. Looking forward to your project thread about the manual swap ;D

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

Read the friggin rulebook before you build your "racecar", stupid ricer.
White stuff in the air means smug Subaru owner season is approaching!

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Vroom vroom

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

GrantC posted:

White stuff in the air means smug Subaru owner season is approaching!

Unless the snow is higher than 5 or 6 inches. :smug: Whats with the hash marks, its so nice and clean except for those.

Cage fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 10, 2016

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Yeah, after dropping my Saabaru it's probably too impractical to take through the snow.

Oh well, time to sell it for a sports car. Sorry, wife.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Tremek posted:

We have been getting some use out of the Land Cruiser:

We have gone on a few trail runs with the local Toyota 4x4 group and have really enjoyed it. It's all stock aside from BFG KO2s and 17" TRD Rock Warriors, and we have gone places where open-open 4runners have had to be pulled through on a strap. The side steps have taken a little bit of a beating and we earned a scrape on the bumper, but all that goes away with sliders and an offroad bumper anyway.

Also towed the V to Virginia City, NV and back (~2500 mile round trip) in comfort and without issue within the first week we got it.

Hugely impressed at how good the 200 series is, looking forward to building this thing up and going everywhere with it.

Man that thing is DESPERATELY in need of a mild lift kit. 2" lift is easy on all your stock suspension components and increases your off-road capability heaps. Old Man Emu make their internal bypass adjustable BP-51 shocks for the 200- they actually wrote two diesel 200 series off by accident testing them- one they jumped a bit too enthusiastically and rolled it end to end... so they took the shocks off and bolted it into ANOTHER 200 series and blasted it across whooptie corrugations (the ones that make your car bounce end to end they're that big) at high speed. And then the doors didn't open because they bent the car... cos all their testing was at full GVM...

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Chu020 posted:

I dunno. :colbert: Twin turbo whoosh noises, fancy gadgets and handsome yet objective design styles lends me to think my crossover is still very fun to drive. I consider this to be the new age of station wagons

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I dunno. :colbert: Twin turbo whoosh noises, fancy gadgets and handsome yet objective design styles lends me to think my crossover is still very fun to drive. I consider this to be the new age of station wagons

I'm trying to convince my wife we need one of these to replace the CR-V eventually.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
A buddy of mine has a Flex and I can confirm: It's a lot better than any SUV (rides like a car, isn't ridiculous to get in and out of the back seats) and rather stylish. Nice wagon-like.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It kinda looks that way. New wagons from Volvo & Mercedes, and the Jetta Alltrack is interesting too. I'm hoping that the V90 and V90 Cross Country sell so well that Audi has no choice but to bring the A6, A6 allroad & S6 Avant back to the US. edit: And Jaguar announcing the next XF wagon will come to the US.

I can't help but think that your Flex would look so good if the suspension were evened out, front & back, and lowered an inch or two. Just my 2¢.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 11, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Needs wood paneling.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

DropShadow posted:

It kinda looks that way. New wagons from Volvo & Mercedes, and the Jetta Alltrack is interesting too. I'm hoping that the V90 and V90 Cross Country sell so well that Audi has no choice but to bring the A6, A6 allroad & S6 Avant back to the US. edit: And Jaguar announcing the next XF wagon will come to the US.

I can't help but think that your Flex would look so good if the suspension were evened out, front & back, and lowered an inch or two. Just my 2¢.

not my ride, but the flex does look good lowered

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm trying to convince my wife we need one of these to replace the CR-V eventually.

Do it! When we got ours there were not as many around. Now we see them everywhere. My wife was against it until we took one on a test drive (Just an SEL trim) and as soon as she drove the Limited w/ Ecoboost she was like "Yeah - this is the car we are getting". Nearly a year since purchase and I can't think of another family hauler I would rather have.

DropShadow posted:

Agreed. It is so comfortable and still very low miles. Perhaps if/when the suspension gets rougher riding then I will look into finding a suitable suspension change. We keep cars for a while and this is a car we intend on driving until it is dead.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I had a flex as a rental around 2010 and it was OK but I found the seats abysmal. Any better now?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Flex looks 30' long regardless of how long it actually is.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's a trick of the light, it's actually the size of a Mini Clubman.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Just some leaf peeping wagons.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

The Flex looks 30' long regardless of how long it actually is.

It's an incredibly bad looking car.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Do it! When we got ours there were not as many around. Now we see them everywhere. My wife was against it until we took one on a test drive (Just an SEL trim) and as soon as she drove the Limited w/ Ecoboost she was like "Yeah - this is the car we are getting". Nearly a year since purchase and I can't think of another family hauler I would rather have.

It'll be a while. I'd like to drive the CR-V until it's got 200k on it (87k now), but we might need more cargo hauling capability before them. I suspect driving it might change her mind a bit. 0-60, the Flex Ecoboost is as quick as our old Mazdaspeed3!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wistful of Dollars posted:

It's longer than a mid-00s Grand Caravan

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

So, 30' then.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This car is slowly growing on me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

1500quidporsche posted:

This car is slowly growing on me.

Slowly?

I'm growing just looking at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LeeMajors posted: